Is It Possible To Soul Trap In A Way W/O Conjuration Or Enchant On One Handed Or Two Handed Weapon?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JechtFayth

I was curious if there is a way to put an enchant on a staff that allows you to fill soul gems such as Azura's Star without using conjuration at all as well as not using any Melee weapons or bows. I want to keep all the skills in the Warrior class at level 15 where they start. Also I really would prefer not having to go up to Soul Siphon in the Enchant Tree as well.

So no Conjuration, no Weapons of any kind other than mage staffs and no right side of Enchant tree

I am asking cause I would like a faster way to bring up enchanting other than continuously buying grand soul or greater soul gems or exploiting the Dawnstar Khajiit Caravan Trader Chest

If you have the Dawnstar DLC, there is a dragon shout call "soul tear" that can capture a soul as well as turn the whatever/whoever you used it against into a "zombie follower"...other than that, I'm not too sure o_O

Jaeger

There's a staff of soul syphon. See the conjuration staffs.

Staves (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Give a follower your soul gems and bound weapon. Although that would be tedious if you were to use the Azura star/black star to level quickly - Kill with bound weapon, charge bound weapon with black star, repeat.

JechtFayth

There's a staff of soul syphon. See the conjuration staffs.

Staves (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Give a follower your soul gems and bound weapon. Although that would be tedious if you were to use the Azura star/black star to level quickly - Kill with bound weapon, charge bound weapon with black star, repeat.

hey thanks. when you use a staff such as the staff of soul siphon, does it level up conjuration? it would be preferable if it didnt. but if it does, guess it's not gonna kill me having some levels in conjuration

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
hey thanks. when you use a staff such as the staff of soul siphon, does it level up conjuration? it would be preferable if it didnt. but if it does, guess it's not gonna kill me having some levels in conjuration

Nope it does not.

JechtFayth

I item per soul, enchant item, then kill another person for their soul (if you have the Black Star) kill a mammoth for their soul (if Azuras star)

*Verizon Galaxy S3*

So even if I have Azura's Star, I can still only enchant one item.... that kinda stinks... but at the same time atleast you dont lose it after being used...

how does sould trapping really work? say i were to use the Soul Trapping Staff.. Would I first hit the target with that and then kill it with destruction? Or do I bring the creature to low health and then bring out the staff and use it? or what do I do to succesfully soul trap it?

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
When you use soul trap on someone or something, it doesn't do any damage, but if they die while the soul trap spell is still active, you successfully capture their soul. The spell or enchantment will tell you how long it lasts.

I recommend the Soul Tear shout and the Black Star. Go find a random bandit or other hostile human, do enough damage so that the soul tear shout will take away the rest of their health, enchant an item with the black star to make sure you have enough room to capture their soul. Then...
RII VAAZ ZOL!!!!!!!!

JechtFayth

When you use soul trap on someone or something, it doesn't do any damage, but if they die while the soul trap spell is still active, you successfully capture their soul. The spell or enchantment will tell you how long it lasts.

I recommend the Soul Tear shout and the Black Star. Go find a random bandit or other hostile human, do enough damage so that the soul tear shout will take away the rest of their health, enchant an item with the black star to make sure you have enough room to capture their soul. Then...
RII VAAZ ZOL!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I am unable to get that shout yet since the Dawngaurd DLC has yet to be released on PS3 and it's starting to agravate me since bethesda is doing the same bullplops that treyarch did with black ops 1 where it's working great for 360 or they're favoriting the 360 and plopsting on the people who play pc and PS3
and beating around the bush saying oh we're working on it or we dont know when it will be released. it's been over a month since it's been out. it shouldnt be hard to just put it out there.

i do understand the coding is a little different due to PS3's software that has made most developers frusterated and that why some games are made first for 360 since it's more basic and easy to convert and stuff.....

also I wouldnt be able to get it since I havent thought of a good solid name for a new PSN i've been just playing offline for the time being until i can think of a new account

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
So even if I have Azura's Star, I can still only enchant one item.... that kinda stinks... but at the same time atleast you dont lose it after being used...

how does sould trapping really work? say i were to use the Soul Trapping Staff.. Would I first hit the target with that and then kill it with destruction? Or do I bring the creature to low health and then bring out the staff and use it? or what do I do to succesfully soul trap it?
Soul Trap places a temporary hold on the targets Soul. If the target dies by any means (don't personally need to kill them) during the duration of the Soul Trap effect their Soul is captured and put in a Soul Gem if you have one big enough to hold it. If the target dies after the duration of the Soul Trap effect has worn off then their Soul is not trapped.

If you wish to trap spells by use of a Staff of Soul Trapping then you will have 60 seconds to kill the target before you must reapply the Soul Trap effect.

For a full article on the trapping of Souls please go here: Skyrim:Soul Trap - UESPWiki

Jaeger

The best thing to do is fast leveling with enchanting and use soul trap with the staff, kill, have azura star/black star suck it up, charge staff with azura star/black star (this raises your enchanting skill), rinse and repeat. Your enchanting will rise pretty fast at first with every kill.

Then make magic items with double effects per item with the top perk unlocked.

The UESP - Enchanting will tell you the best enchanting for profit/leveling - banish and bound is the best weapon enchants for this. If you ever get the Muffle or waterbreathing enchant, use your low level soul gems for these. The dragonsreach has a lot of boots free for the taking to make muffle boots. Buy spells from the wizard, sell muffle boots, buy more spells, sell boots. You get the idea. Although if you don't have a high speech and the speech perk Investor and invested in the merchant in Riverwood (12,000 gold now) you're going to have a lot of banish daggers lying around. I recommend selling them in Riften and selling them to the blacksmith and training Smithing or selling them to that light armor trainer/merchant. Sell some daggers to buy levels, train, sell some more daggers to get your money back.

Halldir's Staff has Soul Trap, and you can get two, he drops one, and another is in his ash pile. Found in Halldir's Cairn, south of Falkreath, but come ready for a fight!

doc108

Halldir's Staff has Soul Trap, and you can get two, he drops one, and another is in his ash pile. Found in Halldir's Cairn, south of Falkreath, but come ready for a fight!
Oh is that the one with the bandits that jumped on the glowing pile of rocks?

JechtFayth

Soul Trap places a temporary hold on the targets Soul. If the target dies by any means (don't personally need to kill them) during the duration of the Soul Trap effect their Soul is captured and put in a Soul Gem if you have one big enough to hold it. If the target dies after the duration of the Soul Trap effect has worn off then their Soul is not trapped.

If you wish to trap spells by use of a Staff of Soul Trapping then you will have 60 seconds to kill the target before you must reapply the Soul Trap effect.

For a full article on the trapping of Souls please go here: Skyrim:Soul Trap - UESPWiki

about the soul trap with the staff... would it almost be easier using that in combination with azura's star or the black star to level up enchanting quicker? i've been looking up a lot of videos and they all mostly just show that going to a enchantment table is quickest. i hope its not cause it's still a really long time and tedious.

there was one video of a guy using soul trap on a mace using the black star and just filling the mace back up after each kill.. but i dont want to be using weapons like ive said so i would be shooting with staff and then blowing them up with a lightning or fire spell.. but would that be quicker or slower? i am sort of wanting to choose more Azura's Star to stay good i guess. is there a spot where there's alot of animals that i could mimic how the guy in the video did?

Squirrel_killer-

about the soul trap with the staff... would it almost be easier using that in combination with azura's star or the black star to level up enchanting quicker? i've been looking up a lot of videos and they all mostly just show that going to a enchantment table is quickest. i hope its not cause it's still a really long time and tedious.

there was one video of a guy using soul trap on a mace using the black star and just filling the mace back up after each kill.. but i dont want to be using weapons like ive said so i would be shooting with staff and then blowing them up with a lightning or fire spell.. but would that be quicker or slower? i am sort of wanting to choose more Azura's Star to stay good i guess. is there a spot where there's alot of animals that i could mimic how the guy in the video did?
I suggest The Black Star since it's faster, just recharge the staff like he recharged the mace. Draugr will work for Azura's Star if you want to use that, while animals seem to be most common in The Reach and Hjaalmarch. Only NPCs have Black Souls everything else has White Souls, undead included.

JechtFayth

I suggest The Black Star since it's faster, just recharge the staff like he recharged the mace. Draugr will work for Azura's Star if you want to use that, while animals seem to be most common in The Reach and Hjaalmarch. Only NPCs have Black Souls everything else has White Souls, undead included.
ok so that style of leveling does work still even with the staff. glad to hear and much more glad to hear that it works on draugr as well. do you by chance know how many days must pass for a dungeon to have enemies reset?

and is that style of leveling enchanting faster than getting the materials to go to an enchantment table?

Squirrel_killer-

ok so that style of leveling does work still even with the staff. glad to hear and much more glad to hear that it works on draugr as well. do you by chance know how many days must pass for a dungeon to have enemies reset?

and is that style of leveling enchanting faster than getting the materials to go to an enchantment table?
Dungeons respawn every 10 or 30 days (I'm not sure how this is determined for individual dungeons). I suggest going to random crypts and by the time you finish about ten the first one will be restored. Some don't respawn at all however.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts