OOC You Win Or You Die [18+]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Yeah, go ahead and do that. Obviously, most people involved will know all about Tyrion already, but for Freyja, who isn't well-versed in ASOIAF, or anyone that decides to follow the story, it would be useful.
    In regards to Tyrion's exodus setting up the story, I think it could be involved, but like I said, its based on events after the Red Wedding, and including characters that have nothing to do with Tyrion, so it won't be a massive part of it.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    Understood. I suppose all that need be said now is Good Luck. :)

I just finished the document I needed to draft today, so I'll begin work on the CC immediately. Should be a fun. :p

Also, apologies if I am proving to be a pain in your side. I don't mean to be, but I am a blunt person and I carried away easily so I sometimes end up being a nuisance. :p

EpicVakarian

Oh, its no trouble. I'm British, I'm naturally blunt normally :p I look forward to the CC :)

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    The character I wish to play:

Name: Tyrion Lannister

Skills: Conversation, Diffusive Humor, Wisdom, Survival, Book Knowledge

Preferred method of fighting: Via proxy or Champion as he is not large enough to bring a blade to bear against an opponent. Though, he is capable of deception and subterfuge and has a strong mind for military tactics. When all else fails, he is quick minded and resourceful enough to do what is necessary to survive in a battle.

Equipment: Tyrion is usually unarmed but is typically equipped with a bag of coins, fine clothes, expensive accessories, and some form of alcohol. If he does suspect danger, he has been known to keep a collection of expensive daggers handy.

Personality: Tyrion is clever, shrewd, quick-minded, humorous, relentless, and resourceful. Nevertheless he can be a remarkably easy-going man and often makes friends quickly. Though many, including his own family, despise him either for the parts he is forced to play as a Lannister, because of his mother dying while giving birth to him, for being a dwarf, or for being smarter than everyone else (a fact he does not attempt to hide).

Appearance: Tyrion retains many of the familial characteristics associated with Lannisters including his light colored hair, strong face, and penetrating gaze despite being a "halfman" or "dwarf" as many call him.

xmTo3Lj.jpg

Background: Tyrion was born the youngest son of Tywin and Joanna of the richest house in the Seven Kingdoms, House Lannister. His mother died while in childbirth and his father and elder sister have despised him for it ever since. His elder brother Jaime - a proud swordsman - has taken pity on him, however, and treats him with kindness. His inability to defend himself physically led him to search books for knowledge that would keep out of situation where violence would be necessary. As a result, he led a relatively solitary life in Casterly Rock as he studied in the vast library, away from the disappointed eyes of his powerful father. At the age of 13, Tyrion came across a woman who was being attacked by a group of men in the street. His brother Jaime aided him in chasing the men off and Tyrion took personal charge over the young woman's care. They fell in love and were quickly married, to the unfortunate disgust of Tywin, who forced her to have sex with Tyrion in front of his personal guard and then let them have her for one silver coin a piece. By the time Tyrion left the scene, she had coins piled on the floor around her and spilling out of her hands. That event forced Tyrion to return his father's disgust but refused to allow that feeling to become anything as unconstructive as rage. At age 16, most Lannisters go on a tour of the Kingdoms full of drinking, sport, and 'wenching', but Tywin instead gave Tyrion command over the wells and cisterns (the plumbing) in Casterly Rock. His story picks up once again when King Robert Baratheon takes the court on a trip to Winterfell in order to ask Lord Eddard Stark to become the new Hand of the King in lieu of Jon Arryn's untimely demise. Events unfold (honestly, to tell this part of the story I would need to re-tell the Game of Thrones story. It is available on numerous wikis) that lead Tyrion to King's Landing as Hand of the King and in charge of the defense of the city - and his nephew Joffrey, the King - with his newly appointed head of the city guard, Bronn. A brilliant plan is developed by Tyrion to trap the fleet of Stannis Baratheon in the river and force them to attack the city by different means. The ensuing battle leaves Tyrion's face scarred, and what's more, his father has claimed the glory and named himself the Hand of the King; demoting Tyrion to Master of Coin, which is still a Small Council position.

Chosen allegiance: Initially, he is loyal to his family, but at the time of this RP, everything regarding his loyalties is being questioned. Even by himself. It is likely that much of the material for his story comes from the search to find out what truly he is loyal too.

Color for dialogue: Yellow, please.

Any extra info you feel is necessary: It is difficult to say exactly where I will choose to begin his story, as there are a number of choices at my disposal at the time of the proposed start of the RP after the "Red Wedding". Much of what comes after for him involves deceit and infighting amongst the ruling members of his family. I intend to follow your lead on this, Epic, until you tell me otherwise. Whatever story you have in mind, I will work with.

EpicVakarian

The character I wish to play:
    A brilliant plan is developed by Tyrion to trap the fleet of Renly Baratheon in the river and force them to attack the city by different means.

That CC is among the best I've seen, at least in terms of grammar. But that was Stannis at the Blackwater :p

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    I fixed it right before I got the notification of your reply. :p As I was typing this, my wife was asking me questions about Renly's background.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment. :)

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    I'm not joining, but someone should play The Red Viper of Dorne. Oberyn is a badass.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    Oberyn is pretty awesome. Still, I don't think anyone can take on Ser Barristan Selmy and live to tell about it.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Oberyn is still my personal favorite. Though, Ser Robert Strong is pretty awesome too... ;)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Name: Bren Enteri

Skills: Skilled combatant, average rider, smart negotiator

Preferred method of fighting: uses a sword, sometimes a dagger, likes to be highly mobile.

Equipment: bastard sword, dagger, small buckler shield, light padded leather armor, often has a twig in his teeth, rations

Personality: cynical, pragmatic, dark sense of humor, amoral, usually quiet and calculating.

Appearance: (I'm going to post a picture of my character below along with my CC, just to give you all a better idea)
    mercenary_by_kamikazuh-d4d57di.jpg

Background: He is a sellsword who has had a rough childhood and supposedly he killed someone before the age of twelve. Little else is known about his background. But currently he has come into Tryion's service. Believed to be the bastard child of one of the Sand Snakes.

Chosen allegiance: (ie, which side do you fight for? The Lannisters, the Greyjoys, etc) For Hire, currently hired for Tyrion

Colour for dialogue: Dark Purple

EpicVakarian

Skies, I was intending for people to create characters rather than taking characters from the series. I let Matt take Tyrion because he wanted to take part as a way of honing skills, I'd rather everyone else used their own characters.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Me and Matt were talking because I was interested in the story. I was so excited since Bronn is one of my favorite characters from the series, so I was like "Chance to play him okay!" and just made the card. But anyway.

While we were talking about general Game of Thrones we realized that Tyrion is a commanding character. And that it would be best shown in this story by giving him a subordinate. And I understand that you want original characters, but I thought Bronn would be the most natural pick. Because for most of his Screen and book time he is Tyrion's subordinate. I mean you are the main man for this RP so it is your choice in the end.

So in conclusion, if it throws off your story I can make a new character. :D Thanks for reading.

EpicVakarian

Well, I would prefer for you to go with a custom character, but you could take Bronn as a sort of secondary character if you like? I don't mean to have two characters, I mean you could take the same role as Bronn and mostly control Bronn as well, just not as Bronn. It's up to you, but I'd really rather have new characters, like my own and Freyja's.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Okay I changed it :D I think it should be changed enough to not just be Bronn with a different name. Like Brawn lol :D

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    That sounds like it should work just fine. :) I'm even more excited than before.

EpicVakarian

D'you know what? I actually think five is a good starting point, I'll get the IC thread up later today, if possible, and that might attract a sixth and perhaps seventh person :)

EpicVakarian

Sorry for not getting the IC up... I completely forgot. I will definitely do it tomorrow, I promise :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts