OOC You Win Or You Die [18+]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    The Seven Kingdoms are in turmoil. The King Robert Baratheon is dead. His 'son' Joffrey Baratheon is on the throne, despite the fact that he is not Robert's son; instead he is the bastard son of Cersei Lannister, conceived with her twin brother Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer. The War of the Five Kings is in full flow.
    Joffrey, his mother, his true father Jaime, his uncle Tyrion and his grandfather Tywin Lannister rule King's Landing. The Tyrells have entered an alliance by marriage with them; Margaery Tyrell, the widow of Renly Baratheon, is now betrothed to Joffrey. Sansa Stark is married to Tyrion Lannister, against both their wills. Tywin Lannister barely has control of his grandson, and by extension, the Seven Kingdoms.
    Stannis Baratheon, Robert's younger brother, has been defeated at Blackwater and broods on Dragonstone, the ancestral seat of the Targaryens, along with the Red Woman Melisandre and Ser Davos Seaworth.
    Robb Stark, Catelyn Stark and Talisa Stark have been killed, along with Robb's unborn son Ned, in the event known as the Red Wedding. Edmure Tully is a captive at the Twins, and the Blackfish escaped, his destination unknown. The Northern separatists have been destroyed by this act.
    Now the only one who seems able to depose Joffrey and the Lannisters is Daenerys Stormborn, Mother of Dragons, with her army of Unsullied and her dragons Viserion, Rhaegal and Drogon. But no-one knows where the last of the Targaryens is. All that is known of her in Westeros is that she roams the Red Wastes of Essos, freeing slaves wherever she goes and gaining loyalty along the way. But Joffrey refuses to acknowledge Daenerys as a threat.
    Beyond the Wall, Mance Rayder and his Wildlings prepare for a full-scale attack on Westeros. The White Walkers have returned, and the armies of the dead cannot be stopped among this conflict. But again, many of the faction leaders in the war either have not been alerted to the threat or refuse to recognise the fact that King's Landing is not the enemy at this time.

The fate of Westeros looks grim. But one thing is for certain: By the time this conflict is over, Westeros will have changed.

Winter Is Coming.

Now, rules are as follows:
    1. No playing god, no taking control of others' characters. That much should be obvious.
    2. No indestructable characters; everyone has a weakness.
    3. Once you choose a side in the War, it is difficult to change sides. You have to inform the rest of us in the OOC before doing so, and you must lead up to it. This is to mimic what it would actually be like; Ser Jorah Mormont couldn't very well abandon Dany in the middle of the night, now, could he?
    4. If you're going to be inactive for a while, please inform the rest of us so we can be prepared as such.
    5. Be polite! Swearing should only be used in the IC, and never against each other.
    6. Sexual content will be included, but only to the extent of how it is in the show. No extreme, hardcore stuff.
    7. No magic! This is meant to be based on Game of Thrones, and Game of Thrones doesn't have magic of the same sort that Skyrim has. Dragons - yes, with Dany. Fireball hands - definite no.

EpicVakarian

Characters
    EpicVakarian as Isabel Stark and Arya Stark
    Freyja as Sif Sunrock and Saima Sunrock
    Open​
    Open​
    Open​
    Open​
    Open​
    Open​
    As for CC submittal, fill out the form below;​
    Name:​
    Skills:​
    Preferred method of fighting:​
    Equipment:​
    Personality:​
    Appearance: (I'm going to post a picture of my character below along with my CC, just to give you all a better idea)​
    Background:​
    Chosen allegiance: (ie, which side do you fight for? The Lannisters, the Greyjoys, etc)​
    Colour for dialogue:​
    Any extra info you feel is necessary:​

EpicVakarian

Name: Isabel Stark

Skills: One-handed swords, shields, archery, speech

Preferred method of fighting: She's a Stark. She believes in honour, and fair combat.

Equipment: In hot weather, she wears a combat dress, made out of hides with the finest embroidery. In the cold, she wears grey woolen clothing, in fitting with the Stark name, along with a thick grey cloak. She wields a sword named 'North', and in all-out battle, will hold a shield with the Stark family sigil imprinted on it.

Personality: Hates the Lannisters. Joffrey killed her father, after all, and Tywin caused the death of Robb, Cat and Talisa at the Twins. The only Lannister she doesn't hate is Tyrion, due to his kindness to her sister Sansa and his disgust at his family's actions against the Starks.

Appearance: Small but strong. 5'4", quite thin, with deep blue eyes. She has a tattoo of the Stark direwolf on the back of her neck, but it is usually covered up by her red-brown hair, which stretches down to her waist, but is clipped to a fringe at the front and stops just above her eyes. In combat all of the hair is tied back so as to not restrict her movement. A picture will be uploaded later :)

Background: She lived at Winterfell with her brothers and sisters. Born in 285AL, Robb and Jon Snow were barely walking by the time she was born. She was more like Arya than Sansa, and always wanted to be in combat with Robb rather than knitting with Sansa. Her father, Eddard, accepted this and sent her to training with Robb and Jon. As a result, she was very close to the two of them. When Ned, Arya and Sansa went to King's Landing with Robert's court, she stayed behind in Winterfell to help Robb run the North and help raise Bran and Rickon. However, when the execution of Ned came about, she left with Robb and the army to go to war. She sat on Robb's war councils and became one of his closest advisers, as well as becoming a close friend of Talisa Stark. When they travelled to the Twins for Edmure Tully's wedding, and Robb, Talisa and her mother were killed, she had decided to stay away from the wedding, having warned Robb that the Freys did not forgive betrayal easily. She was right, of course, but she wished she hadn't been. She fled the Twins once the Freys turned on the Starks. On the outskirts of the Northern army's camp, she found her sister Arya in a carriage with the Hound, Sandor Clegane. She urged Arya to come with her, and told her what Walder Frey had done. The three of them escaped together. At this point she knew the house of Stark was effectively destroyed. Bran and Rickon were presumed dead, which meant all trueborn male heirs were gone. Winterfell was burnt to the ground by the Ironborn. For all she knew, even Jon Snow could be dead by now. She, Arya and the Hound fled past the Neck, hoping to reach the Wall, find Jon and aid against the White Walkers, having received a letter from Maester Aemon just moments before the Freys attacked.

Allegiance: Supports Stannis' claim to be King of Westeros, but realises that the White Walkers are a bigger threat.

Colour for dialogue: Blue for Isabel and orange for Arya.

Extra info: Isabel has managed to retain her direwolf, Snow. She still has control over her and manages to use her well in combat, and as a defence at night. Arya, however, lost her direwolf, Nymeria, along the Kingsroad after it attacked Joffrey.
    She has learnt a habit from Arya; that is, reciting the names of all the people she wants dead.
    She used to worship the Old Gods of the Forest, being a near-perfect traditional Stark. However, after witnessing the destruction of her family and finding Arya after her trials in Harrenhal and with the Brotherhood, she now believes the only god is the God of Death. And "what do we say to the God of Death? Not today."

EpicVakarian

OK, here are the screenshots of Isabel
    TESV 2013-07-29 20-05-57-68-bmp.jpgTESV 2013-07-29 20-11-26-25-bmp.jpg The top is her equipment for warm weather. The bottom is for the cold.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    550zj20120611185948_16.jpg

Name: Sif Sunrock
    Skills: Archery, One Handed, Sneak
    Preferred method of fighting: Sif sneaks up behind someone, preferring to kill quickly with an arrow. If that doesn't work, she carries throwing knives and daggers as well.
    Equipment: Sif wears a leather tunic with steel fitted around her waist(like a belt, sort of), and leather leggings with knee high leather boots. Sif isn't very formal, and almost never changes it.
    Personality: Sif has always enjoyed the company of animals over humans. She is pretty quiet around most people, and she doesn't really like going to public meetings. Normally, she stays in the wilderness, only talking to traders if she was in dire need of something or had to get rid of her load. Her sense of morality is extremely high-even though she doesn't normally speak with people, she still believes that stealing from them is cruel and evil. She believes herself a saint of sorts, always talking to herself on how she's the reason that the world still exists. All that she really contributes, however, is her leather and sarcastic comments. Sif normally travels with her pet falcon named Seeker and her pure dark Fresian(it's a type of horse) named Avenger.
    Appearance: Sif has light blond hair in a single braid that goes down to about where her elbows are(disregard the picture-that's only for clothes). It manages to stay pretty well kept, but it still has a bit of a wild look to it. Her skin tone is slightly darker than average, and she has freckles dotting her cheeks and shoulders as a sign of sun damage. Sif stands up to about 5'7. She is pretty slender, and her muscles are toned to a point where you would notice them, but they aren't bulging out. Her face is very catlike. Her green eyes are slanted upwards, and her face shape in general is rather small, with arching eyebrows and full lips. Sif has war paint on her eyes that also make them look more catlike, which is an eyeliner with wings.
    Background: Sif was born into a Khalasar tribe, and since she was a female, she was frowned upon at birth. But Sif had this idea that she had to prove herself to her people, and by the time she could walk, she could already ride a miniature pony. As Sif grew, so did the horses she rode. By the time she was ten, Sif was already riding full grown horses. Her objective in life was to become one of the warrior scouts. She trained in the art of sneaking both on and off of a horse. By the time Sif was fifteen, she was just as talented as the rest of the kos warriors. The Khal of her nomadic tribe couldn't ignore that fact, and after many tests and a lot of persuasion, he finally allowed Sif to become one of the scouts, awarding her with Avenger, a Fresian as black as night.
    Sif was living a good life-fighting other tribes and nations, destroying all in her path, and even getting married. She was living her life with the status of a respectable man, yet she still managed to be seen as a gentle woman, and men and women alike treated her politely. One day, the Khal of her tribe died, and the dueling began to see who would take over. When her spouse came up on top, Sif became an even more respectable woman. And soon after, she had a baby on the way. Sif's life was looking up every day. Until the day of endless crimson.
    On a beautiful morning, raiders from a different tribe swooped in, murdering the men of the Sif's tribe in their sleep, and taking the women and children as slaves. Sif managed to escape with her unborn child on the back of Avenger. She rode as fast as she could to Daenerys' known location, begging for the release of her tribe. Daenerys agreed to it, and set out to release the slaves. When her tribe was released and moved into a safe city, Sif knew that she owed her alliance to Daenerys Stormborn, and she was okay with that.
    Sif chose to remain in the Red Wastes, and soon after, she had her child. She decided it would be best to stay away from other humans unless called upon by the rightful ruler, and her and her child, Saima stayed off of roads, hunting and surviving. They once found an injured falcon who they took back to their camp and healed. It chose to stay with them, and Sif trained it and named it Seeker.
    Sif always listened to what traders had to say, and that was how she stayed informed.
    Chosen allegiance: Dothraki
    Colour for dialogue: This one.
    Any extra info you feel is necessary: I don't really watch or read Game of Thrones. I just know a little about the lore and looked some up. If you need me to make changes, I will totally do it.
    And also, her child doesn't speak, but I'm still going to play as her as well, just not as intently.

EpicVakarian

For someone that isn't particularly well-versed in Game of Thrones, that's pretty damn good! Just a few things though. The Khal is the leader of the tribe; the kos are the Khal's captains. If you can call them that :p Also, if Sif is going to be a Dothraki warrior, then her hair should be in one long braid down her back. The more powerful you want her to be, the longer the braid should be.
    Anyway, when you say your allegiance is with Dany in the Red Wastes, I'm going to assume that means after Khal Drogo has died and most of his khalasar have abandoned her. And also that she has her dragons and Unsullied. If I'm wrong, correct me, and if I'm going further into the lore than you know, just say and I'll explain it :) I realise that that isn't going to be a massive part of it if you leave Dany soon after to stay in the Red Wastes but just nice to have some extra info :)

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alright, how do I make someone who isn't a Stark have a reason to stay with the starks? Also, will you be controlling the main characters like Joffrey, Daenerys, the Lannisters ect. Can we make it Isabel already knows (insert my characters name)? And if he already knew her why did he leave her when her family needed support most? Sorry I know its my character but its interacting with yours so yah.

EpicVakarian

You could make an Umber? Or a Mormont? I think with the important NPCs, I'll control them until someone has a character that joins them. For instance, if Freyja hadn't chosen Dany, I would have been in control of her, Jorah and the Dothraki, as well as the Unsullied and the dragons. But I don't think I'll be using that power much; I have to do Isabel and Arya's story as well, and there's still Stannis, the Lannisters, the Wall, etc. Until people fill those roles, there won't be much story from their view; it'll mostly be what our characters have heard of them, probably.

EpicVakarian

Erm... you could make your character have been a high-ranked guard in the Stark house?

EpicVakarian

Well, perhaps. Jory Cassel was kind of young. Maybe not that young. If you wanted though, you could still be a reasonably high ranking guard. You could be the bastard son of some noble?

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    I suddenly became remarkably fascinated with the notion of joining this RP. I naturally have several questions, of course.

First off, it appears this RP will be based on events AFTER the Red Wedding. From there, are going to have a fantasy adventure set in the world of Westeros or are we going about telling the story FROM that point in the spirit of the story itself (IE, finishing up the war and all of that)?

In either case, I would personally enjoy the challenge of penning Tyrion Lannister, who is one of my favorite fictional characters of recent memory. If that is fine with you, Epic. I would prefer to just write the one character, though ancillary characters are a must in the universe of Martin. For example, writing Tyrion means writing Bronn, Sansa potentially if no one else nabs her up, and that sort of thing. I'm fine with that, but I'd rather not write with the Lannister family (including Tywin, Cersei, Jaime, or Joffrey) as a whole.

Lastly, have you read the books? I have, but I am assuming we are changing the events following what was shown at the end of Season 3 on HBO to suit our RP needs.

EpicVakarian

We've not started yet, so yeah, you can get your name down.
    Yes, this will be set in Westeros after the Red Wedding, but my intent was for everyone to create a character to add into the world that would fit. For instance, I have Isabel Stark, who's going around with Arya and the Hound at the time we'll start at. Freyja has Sif Sunrock, who'll be part of Dany's story (eventually). I would prefer for the main characters of ASOIAF to be NPCs, so that anyone can control what they do based on their personalities without having to wait for people's replies. For instance, if you took Tyrion and, for some reason, my character had dialogue with Tyrion, I'd have to go with speech in little parts to let you decide what Tyrion did, which would break up the story too much. If Tyrion was an NPC, I could get the dialogue done for it in one post, which would make it a lot quicker and easier to understand. So I'll have to prevent you from taking Tyrion or any main important character, but there's nothing stopping you from having a character that belongs with Tyrion, like an adviser or something. That way you'd still be able to control Tyrion (as you would most likely be the only one involved in dialogue with him) but without owning him, if you know what I mean.
    Also, it won't be canon to what George R. R. Martin did in the books. I'm currently reading the books so as to get an idea of the story and perhaps steer this RP in the direction of some more interesting points, but it will NOT be exactly the same.
    I intend to start once we get some more interest. Currently we have four, maybe five, and Daryl hasn't posted a CC yet (hint hint), and I'd like for some more people, but I'm happy to roll with six. No more than eight, though. And for the moment, this is taking a back seat; I'm involved in four/five RPs already and it's quite difficult to keep up. Add something like this on top, which would take up a lot of time, and I'm pretty much jailed in my bedroom posting on the forums :p But if we get some more interest, and we're ready to the point of 'the IC can be up in the next few minutes', then I'll drop one or two. There's only three atm that I'm really enjoying, so...
    And also, I don't intend on beginning until everyone that's involved can devote the necessary time to it. I can't stand it when people just neglect an RP, I want this to be a more active one. Obviously, some people will have to stop posting for a while, and that's fine as long as they tell me, but I'm warning you now, if you can't keep up, don't get involved.
    That sounded ominous. But yeah, Matt, if you go ahead and post a relevant CC, I'll take a look. Most likely, judging from your above post, you'll be accepted :) But yeah, post a CC and just get your name down for when it does start.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    I disagree with your assessment about the dialog taking too long. If one of your characters is in a position to speak with Tyrion, then is it not just normal character interaction in a Roleplay? Additionally, as he is no longer Hand (in the timeline you suggested) his role in the spotlight diminishes. In fact, if you don't mind a mild spoiler, he will be leaving King's Landing soon anyway.

Point is, he is in a fantastic position at this time to become an "Adventuring" character and I have a perfect notion of a blend of what happens to him after leaving King's Landing (hint since you haven't finished the books: something to do with Dany, but I will stop there unless you would like further explanation) and what can be done with him in a RP.

I understand your misgivings, but I must also explain my position. I am interested in this RP solely for the possibility of assuming the role of Tyrion Lannister. In order to make this RP happen - which I will be dedicated to, rest assured - I have to get creative with my professional writing schedule and my abilities to delegate as a lead writer for a production company. However, I view this as a great opportunity for me to improve my craft and provide entertainment for myself and my peers as well. I will not be heartbroken if you refuse me the character, but I will not be participating in this RP if that is the case. (Which sounds way too much like a threat! It is not, as it is not your fault I have a busy schedule.)

EpicVakarian

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound like that :/
    Well, if that's what Tyrion is doing, then yeah. If Tyrion is going to be adventuring, then I'm sure we could make an exception. The reason I refused you the role before was because I assumed he would stay in King's Landing, in regular contact with Cersei, Jaime and Tywin, who would be 3 main characters. I saw that as being too involved, but if Tyrion is leaving, then I'm happy for you to take that role :) A professional writer is always welcome in the roleplaying section :p

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    No hard feelings at all, Epic, even if you had refused me the opportunity.

To be honest, he does remain there for a manner of time as a treasurer, but nowhere near in the same important role as before. I won't get into the details but the story of why he leaves might serve as a great backstory for the setting of the RP. You should probably take a look at those events (as Martin wrote them) and then we can discuss how we should approach it for the RP's purposes. I can see my first few posts dealing with this exodus and setting in motion some of the "global" events we'll be working with.

Anyway, thank-you for allowing me the role. It will be a lot of fun, I think. I am here to bounce ideas off of whenever you like.

Also, I can post up a CC (right? Character card?) and pick a font color as I've observed you prefer in your RPs for the purposes of dialog.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts