OOC You Win Or You Die [18+]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Right, slap me.
    Once Dixon gets his CC up, which will be in the next few hours, I'll try to get it up.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    A lot of information isn't in the card in hope that Derek can share in the RP.

Name: Derek Snow

Skills: One handed swords, Archery, Defence.

Preferred method of fighting: Using a one handed blade of some kind, Derek doesn't like using shields as he is more mobile without them.

Equipment: A tough leather armour, and a sword made of Valyrian steel.

Personality: Derek is usually a polite and generous man, giving money without question. Due to his father being rich this wasn't a problem, but Derek believed he had things to give them. Derek is usually a nice man, but when Isabel or Arya are spoken to badly or treated wrong he immediately gains a prejudicial hate towards them. He strongly dislikes the Lannisters, with the exception of Tyrion. After his sister being poisoned and having to put her down himself he became a much more grumpy person, and isn't always as nice as he used to be.

Appearance: ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1376830038.400400.jpg

Background: Derek was born to a rich noble, but he was the bastard son. He has two half sisters aged 16 (Talia) and 27 (Natasha), with whom he cares deeply for. His sisters treated him like a full brother, never once outcasting him for his bastard status. His mother, however, hated him for it. She took all the anger out on young Derek since the day her husband brought him home. All the anger of him being with another woman was taken out on the wrong person, and so Derek never had a mother. Derek's father spoiled him with goods, despite his wife's rage. His fathers name was Peter Hale, loyal to the Starks. Derek was training with a sword since he could walk, it became a real sword when he turned 10. As Derek got older he began trying to weld himself into other family's, build relationships. He made friends with one of the Stark daughters, Isabel, he tried to at least. They trained a fair bit together, but the never even hugged. Derek admired Ned Stark quite a lot growing up, and valued every piece of advice the man gave him. Derek also spent time with Robb Stark, and supported his claim as king of the north. Robb appointed Derek to his sister Isabel's guard after the war started, Derek takes his duty to guard her life very seriously. 6 months ago, something terrible happened. While Talia was more of a girly girl Natasha was more like her half brother Derek, she liked to fight with weapons. While she was a lovely person, she made quite a few enemies. She voiced her opinion even when no one else shared it, it cost her her life. She voiced her hate for King Joffrey even in his company. She escaped the room with her life, but not the city. Later that evening while having a glass of wine she began spewing blood, she was in an upstairs room and Derek was downstairs. Derek had been making dinner and didn't realise she was dying until he came up to tell her dinner was ready. The poison, while very deadly, acted slowly. She was gagging for breath and her chest was killing her, she was lying in a pool of her own blood. The spewing stopped, but her chest and stomach where beginning to shred to pieces. Derek did the best he could, but it wasn't enough. Natasha had bad mouthed Joffrey ever since that incident with Arya and the butchers boy, she despised him. She had finally said too much. In an act of mercy, after one last hug, Derek swiftly broke her neck. Since then Derek has had sleeping problems, and has ceased to be forgiving. Ever since Robb Stark was killed at the red wedding Derek has kept as close as he can to the two Stark girls, valuing their lives much more than his own.

Chosen allegiance: The Starks.

Colour for dialogue: Purple

Any extra info you feel is necessary: Derek has a strong sense of belonging when someone's house is filled with potatoes.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    Interesting character! It should be fun to have a bastard to tease. :)

EpicVakarian

He's going to be with my character, so chances of Tyrion and him meeting are very slim :/

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    You never know. We are totally making this story our own here, so anything is possible, Epic. :) Perhaps, given what might occur, there aren't too many that Tyrion can trust. The Starks are people he can trust. Just saying, you never know.

EpicVakarian

Fair point, but I wasn't sure where I intended the Starks to go. I was thinking possibly to help at the Wall, but I guess it would be possible, somehow. Right, I'm about to start work on the IC. Before I begin, I need to decide which direction the Starks go from the Red Wedding. The options I have are;
    1. The Wall
    2. Dragonstone, with Stannis (unlikely)
    3. Meet with Tyrion somewhere and go somewhere from there.
    4. Free Cities

Or perhaps both 3 and 4. Any thoughts from anyone?

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    Well, there is a possibility that one option the Stark girls had was to align themselves with Dany. If they knew that Dany had an army, some dragons, and a Mormont + Barristan Selmy to protect them, they might want to go that way. Tyrion eventually does, makes sense that if the girls knew hat, they might try that route as well. Certainly a better option than Stannis, the Eyrie, the Lannisters, River Run (soo close to the Frey's), the Iron Islands, or even High Garden. Plus, there is the threat of white walkers about and a King in the North...maybe they will want to find someone with the same enemies as they have.

EpicVakarian

Hmm... How about before Tyrion heads east, he goes north and finds the Starks, who go with him to Dany? That could end up quite well; Dany's dragons' fire getting rid of the white walkers, her army swarming across Westeros... The only problem is that it would go against Ned, who rebelled against the Targaryens. I still will probably do that, if Dixon has no objections, but yeah. We could end up with all our characters involved in one single group! That wasn't what I was intending, but it could be very interesting!

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    It could definitely be interesting. :) I am unsure where Tyrion heads first, he might head East first form King's Landing simply because he needs to leave Westeros. Basically, just make the post man and we'll roll on from there.

EpicVakarian

Matt, I guess the man Tyrion spoke to was Skies' character? And is Bronn going to be coming with you anyway?

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    Okay, my post is up. :)

Essentially, I am breezing through two major plot points. One is the poisoning of Joffrey and the other is the events between Tyrion and his father which we'll get to. It won't take long, but it is a necessary course of events Tyrion out of King's Landing. Epic, if you want to take things and run with them, be my guest. For example, I am writing from Tyrion's point of view, and he doesn't have all the facts. Since we are rebooting the storytellling from here on out, if you want Joffrey to live or do anything else with the "global" backstory of the RP, then be my guest. I can improvise with anything you want to do.

EpicVakarian

I'm quite happy for Joffrey to die, but before it happens, who is going to be the one to take over? Cersei?
    And I need to wait for Dixon to post before I can really make a post that makes sense, but I will attempt to give some reason for the Starks and the Hound to go south, and they'll meet Tyrion on the road or something.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
    Bronn will not be coming with Tyrion. And yes, Skies' character is the man in the doorway.

As far as succession goes, it would be Cersei, since her youngest boy is too young to take the throne.

EpicVakarian

Okay, well I would prefer for Bronn to come with you as there's not much chance of him surviving in King's Landing without Tyrion, but if you don't want him with Tyrion, that's fine too. And if Cersei takes the throne, then yeah, I think Joffrey should die :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts