OOC The Shadow Lord Rises

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    I didn't take any offense. Then again I'm blind so haha. Since my CC 'powers' are agreeable enough, I'd say my CC is officially done and awaiting approval.

Destiny

The Fox
    Name: Artemis

Alias: Nightshade, Sister

Race: Imperial

Personality: Slightly Optimistic, Unscrupulous (deceitful, manipulative), Controlled, Cautious, Flexible, Emotionally calm, Agreeable, Engaging, Secretive, Heterodox, Flirtatious, Seductive. Inclusive to religion, Atheist. Adrenaline junky.

Powers: Clairvoyance, Seeing through Illusions

Details of Powers: By touching an object or person she can see the history or future behind the object/person. However, not exactly. She does not know when it takes place or why, leaving her to figure out the past and put the pieces in place. However, this is very useful as she can track down her target much faster by gathering and seeing their 'path'. She can also see through illusions and fake objects. This makes her difficult to trick through illusion magic.

Appearance: Silver Hair, silver eyes, pale skin. 5'10'' in height.

3589c8z.jpg

Armor: Dark Brotherhood armor, wears a black cloak over her outfit when in public

Weapons: Two daggers that were crafted to look like Mehrunes' infamous Razor. An elven bow one of her 'siblings' gifted to her.

Skills: Sneak, Alchemy, Archery, One-handed, Enchanting, Smithing, Light Armor

Master- Sneak, Alchemy

Expert- One-handed (daggers), Archery, Speech

Adept- Smithing, Light Armor, Enchanting

Apprentice- Lockpicking, Restoration

Weaknesses: Magic, though Frost especially

Likes: Dancing, Singing, Climbing (buildings, trees, rocks), hunting (animals and people..), taking contracts, alchemy, painting, playing the flute, horse riding. Playing 'games' with her targets.

Dislikes: Missing a shot (bow), target living after a botched job (assassination), mead, cooking, sewing, magic (not magic users in general, but having to face magic in battle)

Quirks: Humming, pacing, Lip biting (when thinking hard), talking in her sleep, mumbling, whistling

Bio: Not much is known about her past. Indeed, even Babette, the unchild of the Dark Brotherhood who is close with Artemis does not know much about her. Some speculate she began lusting after blood and death and ran from home after being caught in a murder. Others say her parents met a terrible fate back home in Cyrodiil. While another might say she was chase from home by her own parents. Rumors abound about the woman, but what is true is she was around in Skyrim about the time the Dragonborn first appeared. She joined the Dark Brotherhood after one of the assassins took a contract out on her. Artemis made a store owner mad in taking away her customers, selling her own better potions for a cheaper profit. She had also managed to steal a book called "A Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim" to get an idea about ingredients. Artemis was a natural at alchemy, and now knowing where to get the most rare and expensive ingredients... Well, she was rich in no time.

The assassin that planned to kill her was none other than Babette. Artemis had taken up residence in an abandoned shack with several ingredients, also reading a book about certain potions and poisons, as well as rare exotic ingredients. Babette was stunned at the collection and before she could end the woman's life, Artemis began an intellectual conversation about Alchemy. Before long, they stopped talking and the assassin 'child' made her attack. Their scuffle ended in a stalemate and her soon to be 'sister' asked if she wanted to join the Brotherhood. The alchemist agreed and was immediately taken in by Astrid. Trained in alchemy by Babette until she out mastered her, trained in knife fighting by Astrid, and sneaking by Veezara, and also practiced in Archery, she became a deadly assassin. There were many others in the Brotherhood, some and come and gone (literally, there were many novices that fell), and Artemis has prospered well. Until the 'incident'. And everyone in Skyrim knows how that went. She now spends her time taking contracts given to her and secretly running her private potions and poisons ring.

Dialogue Colour: This I guess?

Notes about the Character: Artemis has been in the Dark Brotherhood (Skyrim) since the first appearance of the Dragonborn. Most of her money does not come from assassination contracts. Rather, it comes from the sales of her famous poisons and potions. Artemis has invested in several Apothecary businesses and sells some of her very own recipes to them. Artemis learned about the lost Razor and was fascinated by the history of such a blade. She paid an unknown blacksmith to design two ebony daggers to look like the Razor. When she received them she had them specially enchanted by a master enchanter. One blade paralyzed and the other sucked the very life out of the victim. She had to pay the enchanter heavily to keep his mouth shut about the daggers and their... purpose. Artemis also tends to leave a single Nightshade plant on her victims, making them appear to be at peace, eyes closed, and holding the flower on their chest. She also has a tendency to play games with her targets. One of them she calls, "pick the drink without the poison" happens to be her favorite.

----------------------------------------------------

Well, that's my CC. I'll post up a picture of her in a minute :)

Items used in case for reference:
    http://rpg.ashami.com/
    http://www.ageofgames.net/fantasyavatar/
    Nice CC ^.^ Accepted, you will have to repost it at the new OCC I will post (to clear this from all the irrelevant stuff.

Destiny

The Fox
    Keep in mind, if you guys are taking on someone who beat the dragonborn, you're going to need A LOT of freaking power. The dragonborn is pretty much a walking force of destruction. A demigod, someone who could go toe to toe with the World Eater (a minor god in his own right) and win. By having a villain simply off him to show off how powerful he is, you are setting the general power level of the RP quite high.
    Never underestimate the power of the bonds one forges give. ;)

Destiny

The Fox
    My bad :confused: I didn't realize what I was doing, I'm sorry.

I do not plan on simply creating an NPC and saying, "Catch ya' later!" I'm going to need more information on what the reboot will consist of before I decide EXACTLY what I want to do. I'm planning on waiting until all the details are hashed out and the information is posted as official. At the very least I hope to make several appearances. At most, it is likely I WILL submit a persistent character if I feel I can take the pace in stride and and become invested in the story. I am very much in love with creating characters that aren't so nice atm, and if any NPC roles need to be filled, or you would like me to create some villains or give the bad guys a face, or give some perspective and insight into their situations, I am willing to help do that. Turn that random bandit encounter into something with far reaching consequences down the line and whatnot. I'm not sure how to put it into words exactly, but the bottom line is I'm here to help. At the moment I am just waiting to see what there is to work with, and what has already been worked on.

Let me make it perfectly clear that am intending no offense with any of my comments, and if any of you would like me to take my leave, just say the word, and I'll make myself scarce.
    The further details will be discusssd with the members of the cast through here, also I did not like your critisism, but accepted it.
    Anywho, the main goals are as said, introduce our characters, make 2-3 small groups and search for the artifacts. Lastly, obtain the found artifacts and try to find the whereabouts of the Shadow Lord, after we find him, we just confront him. It will be a kinda large roleplay, considering the difficulty of finding all those artifacts and obtaining them...

Btw @Simus are you still keeping Tali as your character? (btw when this is relaunched you can toy around with the Thieves guild members all you want, so you have material to post between our conversations)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I think so. I like Tali. She's like a dirty little angel with skinned knees and dirty hair :)

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    I don't know, I feel like we have to give it a bit more life, instead of nearly just copying and pasting most of the main bits and playing around with the small bits.

Viserion

The Light and Darkness Dragon
    Btw, i feel like changing my character as well :p what would you guys prefer as power: Storm Magic or... well is the power to alter time too op? o_O i could give it a shot. :D :p

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Okay, I propose that instead of starting split or splitting up because of our own will we all start in Markarth (which I assume is still the last standing city).
    So as we start, Markarth is sort of under siege from the Shadowlord, he's a tyrant of a king and sent out letters to each of the jarls with something along the lines of "join or die," and obviously the jarls first laughed it off, but he demonstrated his power and you get the rest.
    We're all nice and safe in Markarth, or so we think. We're with the Rebels, before we are forced to split up out into Skyrim where we meet endless trials and numerous minions of the Shadowlord.
    While doing all of this, the rule of the land must be emphasized. I'm talking about famines, mass diseases, unrest, a place where everything is hostile and will do anything to survive. So we receive little to no help at all, and the quest then seems as hopeless as possible. Letting the heroes test their will, or be broken.

Make the atmosphere something akin to dishonored and over time we slowly gain new friends, and essentially our quest isn't just to kill off the Shadowlord because the world is in danger, but to restore the people's hope and faith. Also doing something to what the Db did, rebuilding skyrim into a new golden age.
    Maybe we can eventually have a old bandit/imperial fort. We could visit solsthiem(depending, say we need a black book)
    Even reveal to why the Shadowlord is doing this, I mean he takes over a whole province by himself, and his generic minions and then just randomly stops, leaves the other provinces.

These are all just suggests, if you do like a point and wish to expand on it more on your own, please do it.
    But overall, you must look at why the original died out and not let it happen again.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Btw, i feel like changing my character as well :p what would you guys prefer as power: Storm Magic or... well is the power to alter time too op? o_O i could give it a shot. :D :p

Power to alter time is Elder Scrolls/shadow magic to Dragonborn soul in level.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    There was a lot going on in Riften too. Maybe Riften is also free but isolated. The Thieves Guild has crated a sort of "Underground Railroad" for folks from Markarth. With the Jarl's coo purse of course.

Destiny

The Fox
    Okay, I propose that instead of starting split or splitting up because of our own will we all start in Markarth (which I assume is still the last standing city).
    So as we start, Markarth is sort of under siege from the Shadowlord, he's a tyrant of a king and sent out letters to each of the jarls with something along the lines of "join or die," and obviously the jarls first laughed it off, but he demonstrated his power and you get the rest.
    We're all nice and safe in Markarth, or so we think. We're with the Rebels, before we are forced to split up out into Skyrim where we meet endless trials and numerous minions of the Shadowlord.
    While doing all of this, the rule of the land must be emphasized. I'm talking about famines, mass diseases, unrest, a place where everything is hostile and will do anything to survive. So we receive little to no help at all, and the quest then seems as hopeless as possible. Letting the heroes test their will, or be broken.

Make the atmosphere something akin to dishonored and over time we slowly gain new friends, and essentially our quest isn't just to kill off the Shadowlord because the world is in danger, but to restore the people's hope and faith. Also doing something to what the Db did, rebuilding skyrim into a new golden age.
    Maybe we can eventually have a old bandit/imperial fort. We could visit solsthiem(depending, say we need a black book)
    Even reveal to why the Shadowlord is doing this, I mean he takes over a whole province by himself, and his generic minions and then just randomly stops, leaves the other provinces.

These are all just suggests, if you do like a point and wish to expand on it more on your own, please do it.
    But overall, you must look at why the original died out and not let it happen again.
    This is an astonishing idea! *.* +1, let's keep 'em coming!

Destiny

The Fox
    There was a lot going on in Riften too. Maybe Riften is also free but isolated. The Thieves Guild has crated a sort of "Underground Railroad" for folks from Markarth. With the Jarl's coo purse of course.
    I also wanted to say that, the Thieves guild acts like a scouting/ securing force. Meaning they help out the rebels. The Dark Brotherhood will also have isolated themselves, due to the heavy security of the door and the difficulty to find the password... Maybe.

Destiny

The Fox
    Btw, i feel like changing my character as well [emoji14] what would you guys prefer as power: Storm Magic or... well is the power to alter time too op? o_O i could give it a shot. :D [emoji14]
    Alter time... It would, because at some extent, after gaining the artifact, you might have been able to turn back time, enough to alter some states...
    Storm would be great ^.^ but I liked fire.... :sadface:

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    That wouldn't be too bad, Say at some point in the Rp we get to a unique artifact, but the Shadowlord beat us to it and destroys it. So at this point, the only place the artifact now exists is in the past.

Viserion

I did not mean turn back time... at most about a minute. I mean make it run slowly or quickly. Maybe steal time from another person and stuff... but not time travel XD

Viserion

So he would be like friggin master in destruction magic :p + his magic can be used in close combat. That would be his power :p

Destiny

The Fox
    That wouldn't be too bad, Say at some point in the Rp we get to a unique artifact, but the Shadowlord beat us to it and destroys it. So at this point, the only place the artifact now exists is in the past.
    Indeed, i had not considered that possibility...
    Toxius, you said "we"? Will you be joining us on the good side? o_O

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts