OOC The Shadow Lord Rises

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    I just think having not 5, not 6, but 11 skills that are adept and up. I almost felt like a jack of all trades. Then again... I am basing this off a real game character I made in skyrim. So.. might be biased :p

I think a 2/2/2 is a good balance. Apprentice having as many as they want is balanced. But yeah. In a rp setting it's kinda off. But it's to help people get an idea of a character's skill set, I think.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    You said there were a lot of differences between Shadow and Darkness. I don't want to copy you..
    Yes, but you could take a bit of info on what are some of your capabilities as a Shadow user... i did not mention copying...

Toxius o_O I wasn't aware of Shadow Magic being real in the TES lore!

I will also have to give a brief description of Shadow... At least his appearance and skills as well as his personality

Wow, It's by the top for the least amount of lore pertaining to it. Way up there with the Hist Trees, even languages don't really exist. Sure there's some words mixed around, Ayleidic is the closest to a actual language and all the rest are basically direct English translations. There's a great deal that would surprise you.

I just thought you knew about shadow magic, since you started this RP. Guess I was wrong.

TheCaptain

The Mad Conductor of Words
    and I'm a stubborn poor man's grammar nazi who barely understands punctuation (because of my autism and dyslexia) and has one track mind on what he wants his characters to be like and has stuck one skyrim character for the past year, not making any attempt to make others.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    I just think having not 5, not 6, but 11 skills that are adept and up. I almost felt like a jack of all trades. Then again... I am basing this off a real game character I made in skyrim. So.. might be biased :p

I think a 2/2/2 is a good balance. Apprentice having as many as they want is balanced. But yeah. In a rp setting it's kinda off. But it's to help people get an idea of a character's skill set, I think.

Well, that depends on the Character.
    Either it's jack of all trades, master of none.
    Pure mage
    Pure warrior
    Pure thief
    Pure Healer
    (think you get it by now)
    Then there's those in between, hybrid classes so to speak of. The characters skill set can always be placed in their combat style, I guess.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    and I'm a stubborn poor man's grammar nazi who barely understands punctuation (because of my autism and dyslexia) and has one track mind on what he wants his characters to be like and has stuck one skyrim character for the past year, not making any attempt to make others.

I've heard that a bigger font can help those with Dyslexia, to make it so you can recognize the characters. Unless you've already changed your font size to a larger one.
    Also, the good thing is at least you are making the effort in trying.

TheCaptain

The Mad Conductor of Words
    I've heard that a bigger font can help those with Dyslexia, to make it so you can recognize the characters. Unless you've already changed your font size to a larger one.
    Also, the good thing is at least you are making the effort in trying.
    yeah i know, thanks man. I mean I was doing that little thing where I criticize myself because some of the others did it

Dabiene Caristiana

Well, that depends on the Character.
    Either it's jack of all trades, master of none.
    Pure mage
    Pure warrior
    Pure thief
    Pure Healer
    (think you get it by now)
    Then there's those in between, hybrid classes so to speak of. The characters skill set can always be placed in their combat style, I guess.

Indeed, but my character has no magical abilities aside from enchanting. But that's a crafting skill. Yes it has soul gems and magic INVOLVED, but both enchanting and magical schools can feed off of each other. Such as Fear enchantments would be affected by the Illusion school. Since she isn't proficient in any magic school certain enchantments wouldn't be as strong.

Though I suppose it technically is a magic school since it is taught by magic colleges/universities.

Having that said, my character is sneak oriented, assassin type. However, my thought of "Master of all trades" would be 3/3/3 and being the level of MASTER on those three in each 'class'. I'd say a vampire class could be a JoaT due to being master of: Illusion, Conjuration, Destruction, One-handed, Smithing (if taken), Block (or Archery, though that is considered a Thief skill), Sneak, Alchemy, Light armor.

Perhaps I just have a different view on the subject. Eh well. I was just worried about balance I guess. I looked at the CC and I thought, "Crap, I have to come up with 11 adept and up skills? Now I feel my character a tad bit overpowered in the skill trade" :p But again, maybe that's just me. Opinions vary. Though assassin I guess would be a jack of all trades (or an illusion assassin, ie, a nightblade) since it dabbles a bit in each class.

I'll have my CC up in a second.

Dabiene Caristiana

Name: Artemis

Alias: Nightshade, Sister

Race: Imperial

Sex: Female

Personality: Slightly Optimistic, Unscrupulous (deceitful, manipulative), Controlled, Cautious, Flexible, Emotionally calm, Agreeable, Engaging, Secretive, Heterodox, Flirtatious, Seductive. Inclusive to religion, Atheist. Adrenaline junky.

Powers: Clairvoyance, Seeing through Illusions

Details of Powers: By touching an object or person she can see the history or future behind the object/person. However, not exactly. She does not know when it takes place or why, leaving her to figure out the past and put the pieces in place. However, this is very useful as she can track down her target much faster by gathering and seeing their 'path'. She can also see through illusions and fake objects. This makes her difficult to trick through illusion magic.

Appearance: Silver Hair, silver eyes, pale skin. 5'10'' in height.

3589c8z.jpg

Armor: Dark Brotherhood armor, wears a black cloak over her outfit when in public

Weapons: Two daggers that were crafted to look like Mehrunes' infamous Razor. An elven bow one of her 'siblings' gifted to her.

Skills: Sneak, Alchemy, Archery, One-handed, Enchanting, Smithing, Light Armor

Master- Sneak, Alchemy

Expert- One-handed (daggers), Archery, Speech

Adept- Smithing, Light Armor, Enchanting

Apprentice- Lockpicking, Restoration

Weaknesses: Magic, though Frost especially

Likes: Dancing, Singing, Climbing (buildings, trees, rocks), hunting (animals and people..), taking contracts, alchemy, painting, playing the flute, horse riding. Playing 'games' with her targets.

Dislikes: Missing a shot (bow), target living after a botched job (assassination), mead, cooking, sewing, magic (not magic users in general, but having to face magic in battle)

Quirks: Humming, pacing, Lip biting (when thinking hard), talking in her sleep, mumbling, whistling

Bio: Not much is known about her past. Indeed, even Babette, the unchild of the Dark Brotherhood who is close with Artemis does not know much about her. Some speculate she began lusting after blood and death and ran from home after being caught in a murder. Others say her parents met a terrible fate back home in Cyrodiil. While another might say she was chase from home by her own parents. Rumors abound about the woman, but what is true is she was around in Skyrim about the time the Dragonborn first appeared. She joined the Dark Brotherhood after one of the assassins took a contract out on her. Artemis made a store owner mad in taking away her customers, selling her own better potions for a cheaper profit. She had also managed to steal a book called "A Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim" to get an idea about ingredients. Artemis was a natural at alchemy, and now knowing where to get the most rare and expensive ingredients... Well, she was rich in no time.

The assassin that planned to kill her was none other than Babette. Artemis had taken up residence in an abandoned shack with several ingredients, also reading a book about certain potions and poisons, as well as rare exotic ingredients. Babette was stunned at the collection and before she could end the woman's life, Artemis began an intellectual conversation about Alchemy. Before long, they stopped talking and the assassin 'child' made her attack. Their scuffle ended in a stalemate and her soon to be 'sister' asked if she wanted to join the Brotherhood. The alchemist agreed and was immediately taken in by Astrid. Trained in alchemy by Babette until she out mastered her, trained in knife fighting by Astrid, and sneaking by Veezara, and also practiced in Archery, she became a deadly assassin. There were many others in the Brotherhood, some and come and gone (literally, there were many novices that fell), and Artemis has prospered well. Until the 'incident'. And everyone in Skyrim knows how that went. She now spends her time taking contracts given to her and secretly running her private potions and poisons ring.

Dialogue Colour: This I guess?

Notes about the Character:

Artemis has been in the Dark Brotherhood (Skyrim) since the first appearance of the Dragonborn.

Most of her money does not come from assassination contracts. Rather, it comes from the sales of her famous poisons and potions.

Artemis has invested in several Apothecary businesses and sells some of her very own recipes to them.

Artemis learned about the lost Razor and was fascinated by the history of such a blade. She paid an unknown blacksmith to design two ebony daggers to look like the Razor. When she received them she had them specially enchanted by a master enchanter. One blade paralyzed and the other sucked the very life out of the victim. She had to pay the enchanter heavily to keep his mouth shut about the daggers and their... purpose.

Artemis also tends to leave a single Nightshade plant on her victims, making them appear to be at peace, eyes closed, and holding the flower on their chest.

She also has a tendency to play games with her targets. One of them she calls, "pick the drink without the poison" happens to be her favorite.

Her hair, silver, is not natural. Due to an experiment with alchemy, an accident occurred, turning all of her hair silver. Which worked out for the better, her eyes being a silver-grey color. She then painted her lips to silver as well.

----------------------------------------------------

Well, that's my CC. I'll post up a picture of her in a minute :)

Items used in case for reference:
    http://rpg.ashami.com/
    http://www.ageofgames.net/fantasyavatar/

Last edited:

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    We can get everything settled with me after we get everything we're going to need to know for the RP together.

Staff member
    Keep in mind, if you guys are taking on someone who beat the dragonborn, you're going to need A LOT of freaking power. The dragonborn is pretty much a walking force of destruction. A demigod, someone who could go toe to toe with the World Eater (a minor god in his own right) and win. By having a villain simply off him to show off how powerful he is, you are setting the general power level of the RP quite high.

Dabiene Caristiana

Yeah, I'm trying to come up with something else lol Not sure though.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Named after the God of the Hunt.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Shhh, I'm tired...

Dabiene Caristiana

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I had no idea that Gideon was an asari. That explains a lot...

Staff member

Staff member

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts