• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Celduin

An Imperial disowned by his people
    We approached the city as conquerors. We were the fastest and strongest in the land. I could feel it in my blood and I knew the others could feel it as well. No longer were we a band of people loosely held together by the strings of need on a quest for gold and our weapons. We were a group of companions riding to avenge the wrogs done against us. We rode with a fury towards the city, new vigor in our veins. Let the Imperials come. Let the Septimists come. This time, we'd be ready I thought as we rode fast up to the city gates.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    We tied up our animals. Falathiel rolling around in hey, such a dosile, yet lethal creature. I admired Lyron's beast. Majestic and strong. Right for an elf. We walked through the golden doors of Markarth, all of us ready for anything. No longer a group of strangers, a group of companions. Lyron seemed to know what we needed. Gear, and a good time. We followed Lyron into the tavern, and the loud yelling and laughter stopped. Tension filled the room. Lyron tended to have that effect. I felt the tension ease as Lyron looked around intimidatingly. We sat at the bar, and got some drinks. I drank the mead Lyron handed me greedily and thirstily. I looked around, and saw a Thalmor guard eyeing us suspiciously. I nudged Lyron, he looked and nodded. He whispered to Celduin and Thoron. They nodded, and watched the Thalmor back.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    We walked into Markarth eagerly. I was thirsty, and in need of gear. I was out of arrows, and I was holding an Imperial bow only. I also wasn't fond of being dressed as an Imperial. We walked into the Tavern. Every person staring at our strange bunch. But more at me. I don't know why, but they knew something. I glared back intimidatingly, and they looked away. I sat and ordered myself and Mairah drinks. Shortly after, she nudged me and pointed out a Thalmor Guard in the corner. I nodded, and turned to Celduin and Thoron. "Thalmor, eastern corner," they looked, "keep an eye out for an ambush." They nodded and I sat and drank.

Celduin

I dismounted Caddock at the Markarth Stables. He was panting heavily after the long sprint with the elvish creature. But he did well. I rubbed under his cheeck and said, "Good run, my swift friend," the horse nodded in response. The stableman walked up to me and said, "That's a mighty fine horse you got there," I sized him up. "He was a working man and a sleazy little man. Someone not to trust without accountability. He was cautiously eying the elvish creature to the side as it rolled around in the hay. I chuckled and said," Don't worry, the beast will not harm you...if you respect it," The man took an ale out of a pouch on his belt and drank from it heartily. I took the coins from my pocket that we had looted from the Septimists and gave part them to the stableman. "I want you to feed my horse, Caddock here the best food that you have. I want you to wash him very well and take the best care of him. As for the other beast..." I looked to my side to see the elvish creature let out a roar that startled the gaurds at the gate, "I think it's best you just leave him be," the stableman looked at my horse with a new look in his eyes, "All that care for a horse...must be worth a fortune," he reached his hand out to stroke Caddock. I immediately tore my sword from its scabbard and pointed it at his throat. The tip drew blood from his neck. "You do not touch him, only to clean him. You do not even think about doing anything to harm him in anyway or I will make an example of you in the streets. are we clear?" The man turned pale and nodded his head. I took a quick look at Caddok. "I will be in the city for a while. This man will take care of you. I wil lbe back soon," He blinked in response as I sheathed my sword and walked to the gates to meet up with the others.

We walked through the gates. I knew we needed supplies, but I was more looking for a good drink. My eyes went immediately searching for the tavern. I could feel the spiced wine on my tongue as I anxiously pulled the group towards the tavern. As we entered, Lyron immediately hushed the common rabble with his demeanor. I ignored them and sat down at the bar, slapping coins on the table and ordering two spiced wines. Soon I was in ecstasy as I was downing my second ale when Lyron leaned over to me and whispered "Thalmor, eastern corner," my body tensed. The bottle of spiced wine nearly slipped from my hands. My first though was escape, but then I remembered that I'm stronger now than before. I wanted to play with him. I smiled and turned to Lyron as if having a conversation. I only said one word, "Talos," I said in a loud enough voice that most everyone could hear. Most of the rabble ignored it Lyron looked at me incredulously just at the Thalmor glove grasped his shoulder.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "Talos," Celduin said loudly. Then the hand touched my shoulder. I grinned, and so did Celduin. I took one last swig of mead. And inhaled deeply. I popped my neck, and in one swift motion, grabbed the arm of the Thalmor, and twisted it. I grabbed a handful of his hair and slammed his head on the counter. "Biggest mistake of your life my friend," I looked around. The faces were surprised, men with swords kept an eye on me. I grinned. I winked at Celduin. I picked up a dagger from the bar, and lifted the Elf. I put it to his throat. "Now," I kicked in his knee dropping him down, "No body leaves while I make an example." I nodded to Thoron, who walked to the door, and stood in front of it, insuring no body was leaving or entering.

I took the mace out of the elf's sheathe, and tossed it to Celduin. Mairah handed me a rope and I tied his hands. "Do you know who you are attacking?" The Thalmor called. I snarled and threw the dagger right between his legs. Close enough to scare him, but not hurt him. "I do, but do you have any Idea who WE are?" The Thalmor gulped and looked at us. I took off my gloves, and threw them at a man, who caught them. "I am Lyron Dryearmitore! One of 2 remaining Sangartii Elves, Mairah there is the other. We hail from Valenwood. Where your comrades, the Septimists, burned and slaughtered my people." The people in the tavern whispered to eachother, and grew scared.

I looked at Celduin. "This here, is *ahem* was, Celduin Shadowspire, before you stripped him of his name, and honor. He doesn't Like you very much." The Thalmor was trying to loosen his binds, and sweated continuously, in a clear state of panic. "In fact, none of us like you, that's short of the truth, and I am going to cut off every one of your mangy little fingers, until you tell me where the weapons cart from Helgen is going." I walked over to him and pulled the knife out of the stone floor. I walked behind him, and grabbed a hold of his forefinger. "I am not going to tell you anything, you dog!" he growled.

"That's one finger," I snapped the finger until he screamed, then separated it from his hand with the knife, "anything else?" I handed the knife to Mairah and nodded. She knew what to do. I stood in front of him. "I will cut you into bite sized pieces until you tell me where my weapons are," I looked around, "you don't want these nice people to see that, now would you?" I stood up. He looked at the ground. I looked at him, awaiting an answer that never came. "No?" I nodded to Mairah, and the screaming filled the tavern. Blood puddled around his knees. "I don't have to get the information from you," I looked at him, "I could just go to the Embassy and do this to the rest of you." He looked at me in pain. "They have your weapons. In the Embassy. They are deforging them now. Just don't cut off any more of my fingers!" I grinned, "we won't." I nodded to Celduin, and thought "Kill him in your own way," He nodded back.

After a long run chasing Lyron and Falathiel, we ended up in markarth and Lyron and celduin left their animals in a stable. I don't trust them. I just kept Whisper hidden in place were nobody could see her but she could still in a good escape position just in case we needed to escape fast. We went into tavern and and sat down. I wasn't thirsty but Celduin seems to be obsessed with spiced whine. Lyron then pointed out a thalmor in the corner. Celduin yelled out talos soon after. The thalmor came over and put his hand on Lyron's shoulder. Oh no, you probably shouldn't have done that. " biggest mistake of your life my friend." he said. He winked at celduin and i got up and stood next to the door. I didn't care what happened to him so i just stood and watched. Lyron tortured the man until he talked about were their weapons were. A little harsh i thought just cutting off his fingers but it got him to talk so who cares. Well i guess now were going to the thalmor embassy.

Celduin

"Kill him in your own way," The voice rang inside my head. I neither grinned nor frowned, but held an emotionless look of hate on my face as I grabbed the bleeding Thalmor's bindings. He slumped to the floor as I dragged him past the bar table up the stairs to the inn. I softly whispered to Lyron, "Pay the rent for a room," He nodded in understanding as I walked up to an empty room with the Thalmor moaning behind. I shut the door softly. and threw him inside on the floor. "You damn Imperial! Your mother was a whore! Not even your name still exists you dog of a man!" the elf said as he bled on the floor. I took out an Iron dagger and began tracing a small line around his neck, forehead, arms and chest. "What are you doing?" the elf exclaimed "Stop! Please!" He continued. I ignored his comment and continued tracing my blade, making markings on his body. When I reached the heart, I put a small x and said "I'm going to kill you" I jabbed the dagger strait into the x as the Thalmor let out a scream that filled the room. I continued my silent work, following the path that I made for myself as the Thalmor thrashed and screamed. My mind went blank and my arm became a frenzy, working away at the slab of meat that was the Thalmor Justicar

* * *​
    I exited the room covered in blood. I walked down the the bar where few still remained and my companions were still sitting at the bar. I sat at the bar next to them in silence, not feeling anything but raw hatred.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "Pay the rent for a room," I heard Celduin whisper to me as he dragged the Thalmor up the stairs. I nodded in response. I pulled out a Septim and flicked it at the barkeep. "What a show, What a show!" I heard a familiar voice say. I ground my teeth in anger at the sound. Hircine, I thought angrily as I wasn't to fond of the last encounter we had. I kept my head down as I walked out of the Tavern. I pointed to Mairah and the group to stay as I left. I didn't want them to be apart of my bidding with this Deadra. I looked around. On the top of the stairs leading to the only hall of worship stood a bear apparition. I walked up the stairs slowly. "Not even a greeting for your favorite hunter?" He called. I made a fist in my hand. "What do you want from me now Hircine?" The bear transformed into human form. "My troubled, feral friend," He said walking around me, "I am here to give you the answer to my little riddle!" I grinned, as I awaited the mystery he left me with. It wasn't him who had cursed me, so who was it? "Oh ho ho? You haven't figured it out yet?" He stopped and looked at me puzzled, "Well Lyron I thought more of you!" I put my hand on the dagger I was using to torture the Thalmor. "Now now, I was only kidding," He said appologetically, "Nords call her Kyne, mistress of the trees." I looked at him. Kynareth? An Aedra?

I sat on a rock sticking out from the stone ground. "An Aedra cursing me?" I looked at the ground, running my hands through my hair. Hircine grinned at me. "So you really haven't gotten it." He put his hands behind his back. I thought back to the other things he had said. Others like me. I let it resonate more. "There are other Sangartii?" I looked at him with hope." He frowned, "No, my friend. But more with abilities like yours. You will soon see." Then he disappeared. I looked up. Kynareth. Why would she torture me?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I watched in awe as Lyron tortured the man. This wasn't the man I knew. With the glint in his eyes however, I could tell it wasn't He who was enjoying it. It was Amallae. She had made him promise to seek revenge for them both, and he was keeping that promise, reluctantly. When he came and sat, paying the barkeep for a room, he looked like he had left the plane of Mundus. I put my hand on his shoulder, but he kept walking, out of the Tavern, and up through Markarth. I put my hand up for Thoron to stay and wait for Celduin, and it looked like he knew what it meant. I followed him up to hall of worship. I stayed low as I heard him talking. Kynareth? Hircine? Others?! I thought as I heard him and another voice speak. I waited until it was quiet before I walked up to him. "Lyron," I said before he stood up. He looked at me, "There are others Mairah!" he said looking at me. I nodded, not sure what to think. "Not Sangartii, not wolves, but others." He sat back down, and looked at the ground. Not angery or sad, just pondering on what he had been told. "It's nothing that needs to be worried about right now," I said standing in front of him, "Lyron, I'm worried about you. That man in there, the one torturing the Thalmor, that wasn't you!" He looked at me in a glare. "It was what they MADE ME!" I stepped back as he stood, "What She Made me." He turned around and looked up. He muttered something under his breathe. "Kynareth," I assumed walking towards him, it was something I had heard. He nodded, "She has tortured me with long life, and took everyone away from me." He paced, "Then she brings you back?" He looked at me. "I don't understand, why toy with me?" I was a bit hurt by his remark. He walked over to me, "It's not a bad thing that you have returned though," I looked at him, "Together we're a pack again, not as strong, but still, stronger." I looked at him, and kissed him, he kissed back, it was a long time since I have had love. I pulled away, and looked up "We should be getting back," He nodded and followed me to the tavern.

We walked in to find Celduin and Thoron sitting, and waiting. Lyron nodded to them, "Let's get a move on, we will stop at the smith on the way out to see what we can get." The two nodded and stood. Lyron walked out, I, close behind. We walked to the blacksmith, where Lyron started pawning everything he had at her, armor weapons, everything. I stood and watched as he paid her with some leather armor, and an elven bow. He put on the Iron arrows he had kept, along with some he had bought, then stood next to me while we waited for Celduin, he might've wanted to change out of the Imperial rags as well. I pulled out a couple of my arrows from my quiver, and put them in Lyron's. "Thanks," he said grinning.

After Celduin went up to torture the man to death Lyron walked outside and started talking to himself. I heard him say something about Kynareth and Hircine. I guess he is getting messed with by them or something because he has done this before. Soon after Celduin came downstairs with blood on him and sat down. I didn't say anything because you could see the hatred in his eyes and you could almost feel his anger. We sat there in silence until Lyron and Mairah came in. We left and went over to the blacksmith. Me and Mairah didnt need anything but Lyron and Celduin needed some new armor and weapons. I whistled real quick to call over Whisper. I got on and Celduin got on his horse and Lyron and Mairah got on Falathiel and we started to the thalmor embassy.

Celduin

I sat down next to Thoron. I looked around the Tavern. People obviously saw my bloody figure and were trying to get up and leave. The last they were doing was moving away from me. I didn't care. Thoron and I remained silent. That was okay. i didn't exactly need someone to talk to. I grimaced as the man's screech echoed in my ears. I enjoyed killing him. I did. But the truth of his needles pain rang through my ears. You used to condemn Lyron for his hate I thought as My fists tightened. I'm a hypocrite. Lyron and Mariah walked in through the Tavern doors. Mariah was blushing a little. I gave a small smile. Cute I thought as Lyron walked up to us. "Let's get a move on, we will stop at the smith on the way out to see what we can get." commanded Lyron. I nodded my assent. I was eager to leave. The guards would not take to kindly to the dismembered high-elf at the top of the stairs.

We walked silently through the streets. I could tell that something was occupying the thoughts of Lyron and Mariah seemed to be somewhat worried about it. Under other circumstances I would have asked, but I had my own problems to deal with. Torture was not my way of doing things, and there I was enjoying it. No honor in killing a defenseless man I thought as I kicked a stone to the side on our walk to the smith. I sat silently in the corner while Lyron bought a few new things. One more time I thought to my self. I will only torture one more time. Hadvar. I could feel my fist tighten as I thought about him. He would pay for Rikkay's death. The smith turned to me and asked what I wanted. I enjoyed the Imperial armor. Although mine was banged up, I was used to fighting in it. I asked for him to repair and clean out my set. He agreed and had it finished within the hour. Soon we were riding off out of Markarth to the Thalmor Embassy.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    As I suited up into my new leather armor, I couldn't help but think about the kiss Mairah and I had shared. She was a beautiful elf, and we knew each other well, I just didn't know If I was ready to move past Amallae. The armor was heaver than mine, and it had less protection. Mine wouldn't allow an arrow to even hit my chest, this armor would allow thousands. I felt uneasy, but at least I didn't look Imperial. We made our way out to the stalls. I say that Falathiel was sleeping pleasantly, while in the stall next to her, Caddock was covered in mud, and had a bowl of grass in front of him. That stable keeper is in for it, I thought as I approached Falathiel. "Gi suilon!" I called to her, and she stood in excitement. "Tolo anin gweam?" She grunted. I hopped up onto her, and lifted Mairah behind me. "Stick to the trees, when ready to leave. I wanna make it to Dragon's Bridge before sun high," I looked at the thin treeline. The forest wound't help much, but I could move faster there. "Gwaem!" I barked at Falathiel, and she bounded into the trees with us on her back.

Celduin

We walked to the stables. I was surprised to find Caddock covered in mud and eating out of a bowl of grass. I walked up to him and patted him behind his cheeck. "Im sorry," I whispered as I stroked her neck . She blinked in response, as if saying, "It's not all bad," I could here the huff of the stableman running up behind me, "I'm sorry about the horse, must've wallowed in sme mud right after-" He didn't finish the sentence. In one motion I wrapped my arm around his neck and gave it a sharp jerk. The pop from his neck was sufficient enough to tell me I'd killed him. I wordlessly mounted Caddock and rode off after the elvish beast.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I didn't stay long enough to watch Celduin react to the man. It wasn't long before the thin, dying forest ended, and the thick, steep rock forest began. A large amount of big rocks scattered on an abandoned, dying hillside. Perfect for an ambush, I thought as Falathiel weaved and hopped through all the rocks. I pulled on her mane to slow her down, so Caddock and Whisper could keep up. I didn't get the best feeling of this place, but it was better that riding on the roads. "Watch your selves out here," said turning to them, "an ambush could happen at any moment." We kept onward. I kept thinking about the things that had happened in Markarth. What Hircine had told me, the kiss Mairah and I had shared, the torture. She was right. I was nothing like who I used to be. Who could blame me though? I had survived 2 mass massacres, lost loved ones, and had lived in hell for almost 300 years. I wasn't the same, whether that was good or bad was left to the eyes of the one beholding me.

Celduin

"Watch your selves out here," Lyron said in a warning tone. I tuned out my thoughts as I looked around for any signs o an ambush. I could tell that Lyron didn't have the best feeling about all of this and I didn't either. Markarth. There's reason that I was sent out with such a rediculous force to retake Markarth from the Forsworn swarms. I shuddered. I didn't like the mountains. I longed for the trees and the open plains, places of great battle. Whats my sword against a man with a bow at the top of a mountain I thiought as I grip Caddock's reins tighter. I shuddere about the thought of the Forswon. Evil little bastards I thought as I continued my trek alng side Lyron.

Riding along side the mountains was nice i thought to myself. I got to be with my favorite girl and just run with her in peace."watch your selves out there" I heard Lyron say. I looked around and didn't really notice this was a great spot for an ambush. And seeing ware we were, most likely by the Forsworn. I was ready for anything and if i were them i wouldn't fluff with two people on horses and two on a giant beast that could rip you apart in seconds. I kind of wanted someone to attack us because we would crush them. I would hit them with my bow before they drew an arrow.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    The sun beat down on our faces. Falathiel and the horses slowed their paces in complience with the heat. It reminded me of the Alik'r Desert in Hammerfell. Just a lot more rocks, and hills. It wasn't like a place like this to be completely empty. I almost was hoping for an ambush. I knew with my strategic experience, and then the power of all the rest of the group, not to mention the experience Celduin had. We were more than ready for an attack. I was a bit scepticle at Thoron however. I hadn't seen him in battle, and I didn't trust him completely. I stopped Falathiel, and listened. Smelled. I could here water. I stopped the caravan and hopped off Falathiel. "Water," was the only word I emitted. I walked, Falathiel and the others close behind. Then there it was. A thick forest surrounding the oppisite bank of a river. A water fall emptied into a deep pool. An oasis. I let out a loud sigh, and stripped down to my loin cloth. Without thinking I dove into the water, and took in the cool water. It was perfect. I drank as I swam, and as I came up for air, the others followed suit. It was almost like the water washed away our past.

It was dusk when we got out of the water. I was ready to start a fire and develop a plan for the embassy. We were an hour away, and it was a perfect position for camp. I got out of the water, and patted Falathiel on the head as she purred, sound asleep. I looked around for my gear, and it was not where I had left it. I looked around for everyone else's gear as well. No where to be found. I turned and whistled to the group, as Celduin jumped off a rock into the water. Mairah sat on the opposite shore staring at me. It wasn't long before we were all in awe of our missing gear. This wasn't a good time for this. I looked around at the ground. Tracks. The group were bickering over what had happened. I turned to them. "Stop your fighting," I said loudly, "Someone has stolen our gear. And I have tracks."

After a while of riding threw the forest. We came upon a waterfall and a pool. It looked amazing, all i wanted to do was get in it. It seemed like i wasn't the only one because Lyron took off his armor and jumped into the pool. The other two followed. I took off my armor and down to my loin cloth like the others. I kept my cloth mask on though. I always keep it on under my armor mask so it doesn't rub against my face. I almost never take it off, i don't really know why but i just don't. We all jumped into the water and swam around. It felt awesome. We staid in there for a while. When we got out. Lyron was looking around and said our armor was missing. We all started freaking out because we now had no weapons and no armor. The only good thing was that i always kept a glass dagger under Whisper's saddle. I went and got it out. " Who ever took our stuff... is going to die. We need to find them, and i will sneak in there and assassinate them all."

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "i will sneak in there and assassinate them all." Thoron said, half naked with his mask, still on. He looked foolish. I grew with anger. I wasn't going to let our gear get stolen again, because of some idiots moronic act. I snarled, and my teeth grew a bit. I was almost transforming as I said, "You will do nothing of the sort!" I slowly walked towards him, and he stepped back. I felt nervousness come from him, "If you do, I will rip your limbs off one by one until you understand the idiocy of the act!" It was a half barked, and half spoken. Mairah touched my shoulder, and I stepped back. I sensed her thought, Don't lose it. It, being my newly gained, uncontrollable temper. Celduin had probably noticed how quickly I lost it, and Mairah got it too. I had noticed it since the day I escaped the Arena.

I couldn't control the anger that filled my head after the day they were murdered. The thoughts of them dying filled my head anytime I got mad. But now it's the fear. The fear of loosing Mairah, Falathiel, and my newly found sanity. That fear fueled my anger, and my temper.

I walked back to the fire pit. And sat. I looked at the forest on the other side of the river, then behind me to the desert like plains. It was weird, like 2 worlds colliding. I remembered the map. I grabbed a twig on the ground, and started drawing a map of the area that I had seen. Not much to work with. Celduin knelt down next to me, on my right, Mairah on my left. Thoron stood back a bit, but close enough to see. I drew to circles around the areas that they may be hiding in. "We will not go in swinging blindly," I said looking at Thoron, "We need a plan. From the tracks, there were 5 here. There could very well be many more." I sat and thought about what we could do. "Celduin, you're with me, Mairah and Thoron you are together. Go to the eastern area, we will go west. Don't attack, if you find anything, report here so we can plan."

Celduin

The shock of the loss of my sword hit me hard. I was foolish. I hd not only failed to old on to probably one of the most powerful weapons created, but I had failed to hold on to a simple Imperial sword as well. I cussed loudly and started accusing the others of stealing it. The truth was, I didn't want to admit that I had failed a second time. I felt open and awkward without my armor. Weak and vulnerable. I hadn't been this exposed since I was in civilian cloths before I even knew who Vile really was. I stopped for a moment. I had to remind myself that I am a civilian now. I hate the Thalmor I thought. Lyron told us all to stop fighting and said he found tracks. Thoron stated that he would go assassinate them all. I smiled slightly. A great plan, yet it lacked much thought.

Lyron went of on a rampage, railing into Thoron. I frowned. Hes loosing it I thought. I reached for my sword to grab the pommel for a sense of reassurance, but then I realized that it was gone and I cursed yet again. I looked back over at Lyron, who was still barking at Thoron. I grimaced at the thought of what was going to happen to the poor thieves who would have to deal with Lyron after loosing his weapons a second time.

He drew some circles in the fire pit. Indicating possible enemy locations. I looked at the possibilities. A couple seemed like they would be good for an Imperial camp, but stealing is not the Empire's style. This would be easier if I knew who my enemy was I thought as I silently ruminated over a possible plan. This was a privilege sorely missed from when I was an Imperial General. "Celduin, you're with me, Mairah and Thoron you are together. Go to the eastern area, we will go west. Don't attack, if you find anything, report here so we can plan." I nodded slightly and followed after Lyron, hoping that a brief scouting mission would allow me to accurately plan how we were going to tackle this thing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts