• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Celduin

An Imperial disowned by his people
    "You haven't heard?" I remarked in a surprised tone. "The damn Imperials captured me and Lyron as well as Ulfric Storm-cloak in a petty ambush right outside the border. I thought we were going to e taken to Cyrodil for trial but apparently someone decided that it would be better to just execute us all," I remained silent for a while and quietly pondered what I had just said. "Then," I continued, "I massive Dragon attacked. I still don't believe my eyes to this day and yet, there it was. In the confusion, Lyron cut my bindings and we scaled the wall. And we've been looking for the weapons cart ever since," I finished. It felt strange retelling the story of our escape. It was as if I were apart of a legend. I let myself show a small smile. I'll be in a book someday. Maybe they haven't stolen everything from me after all.

I finished cleaning the dear and threw the un-desirable parts into the fire. I sifted through the bag and found a small container of salt to pour over the meat, "This should keep the meat fresh," I stated as I began to slice the meat into equal pieces for meals on the journey. Once the meat was packed and well-preserved. I allowed myself to sit down next to the fire across from Thoron to relax. I popped open a bottle of Nord Mead and took I sip. It was bitter, but better then nothing It's certainly not spiced wine, but it'll due. "Tell me about yourself, Thoron," I said as I took a hearty swig of mead.

"Well I am half nord half bosmer. My mother was bosmer and father nord. I was born underground and have lived underground half my life. The reason I hate imperials so much is because I lived with the last of the snow elves, and when someone found out when i was younger, they went into my camp underground when i wasn't there and they burned it all. My family, friends, all my possessions, gone. From then on i have hated the imperials and and pretty much everyone else since then. I am now an assassin and kill for money and just for plopss and giggles."

Celduin

"Damn," I said as I finished the last of my mead. We remained in silence as we waited for Lyron and Mirah to return.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I ran, and transformed. I was to numb by my hatred towards the Imperials to feel the pain that accompanied transformation. The rain splashed against my snout. I loved the rain. It always made me feel like I was at home. She came after me. Calmed me down. Alot like Amallae used to. I sought comfort with her, and knew we would be together for a long while after this. I climbed to a branch, tall in the canopy, and looked into the rain. She followed, laying on a nearby branch. "What happened to you?" she asked me, sitting up, "Why weren't you there, when you should've been?" I felt the pain in her voice pierce me. I felt the all to familiar pain of my rememberence of my early life.

We were crouched. All of us. Down low, tracking. The people the Chief had told us to. They were barbaric men. Fighting each other, and getting drunk. "They are the ones hunting us?" Amallae asked me, nudging forward. "Ya," I said glancing at her, "Chief said they came from Inland, called the Imperials. They are the ones who took Silvenar." I heard Amallae's thoughts become ansey. I wasn't used to my power at this time. I couldn't control it then, and I still can't, It just turns on and off. Her movements caught an eye. He walked over to us. Looking blindly into the bushes. "Who's There?!" He called. He turned around when he didn't get an answer, "damn elves." I looked for an opportunity to strike. "Victor, Saren, flank from the east, we will come in with a sky of arrows." My two comrades nodded in my command, and disappeared, to get into position. I looked at Amallae with soft eyes, "Good Luck," I said to her. She nodded in response. We heard the call of Victor. I strung 3 arrows, so did Amallae, and Tauron, "fire!" The quiet whistle of arrows filled the air. The Imperials none the wiser. The arrows hit a couple of them, causing loud moaning and screaming. "AMBUSH!!" One yelled, as we all transformed, and left the bushes. The growls of my comrades filled my ears, as we killed the Imperials. We thought It was going well, until more of them kept coming. We were extremely out numbered. I looked around, we would all die if we stayed. "Fall back!" I called to them in thought. They all nodded, and turned south, running hard. I was behind them all, as I had to kill a few more before I left. We got out of there fast, but it was too easy. They stopped in a clearing, and I met up with them. I came to a stop, when I heard the snapping of a branch. I looked around, a rope came up from the ground, and grabbed my paw. I flew into the air, in a yelp. I transformed back just hanging their while the rest of them looked at me in a panic. "Lyron!" Amallae yelled, coming over to me. I could here the Imperials approaching. Amallae frantically tried to reach my height. I tried to cut loose, but the rope was to thick. "Run!" I yelled at them, "NOW!" I wasn't going to kill my tribe, by leading them home. Before long I was surrounded by Imperials. "Let's kill him," some said, "Let's take him to the arena!" I was almost amused by their petty threats, I was cocky enough to think I could kill them all. Then a loud voice called. "Leave him," The man with the mask walked into the crowd, "We have their Island now, we will be back in a day or two, after we kill all of the other savages." They all cheered, and followed him south toward the Sangartii, and left me in a panic. I hung their trying to escape. Helpless, and hopeless. With the thought of all my people dying.

I shook my head away from the thought. "I'm sorry Mairah," I said looking at her, "I don't wish to talk about that day." I jumped down from the tree, and headed back to the camp, with Mairah behind.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I felt the discomfort, as Lyron tried to respond to my question. I knew it was out of line to ask, but I just had to know. He didn't feel like talking about it, which I understand. I don't know what he saw out there, but it was worse than what I did. We arrived at camp. No doubt it was past dawn now, but since the clouds covered the sun, all we could do was assume. "The nearest city is Markarth, from there Dragon's bridge," I looked at Lyron, as he scanned the map. "We stay off the roads, and watch for any strong Imperial presence. If you see anything suspicious, just call. We will be ahead, in the canopy, where we have a better view." Lyron took off, grabbing his pack, and jumping into the canopy. I just watched, and looked at the two men. "Well then," I nodded to them, "off with us then." I ran in the same direction, and scaled a tree following close behind Lyron. I looked behind on the ground. Celduin and Thoron half struggling to keep up with Lyron's pace. He was never one to go slow, I thought, as I remembered when he trained me to tree run. The rain drops hydrated my face, and felt great, compared to the lower part of the forest. I kept checking on the 2 men as we kept going. Lyron's pace slowing, as he might've noticed them struggling.

Celduin

Lyron and Mariah returned silently and sat down without a word. I eyed Lyron cautiously, afraid to speak or think anything that would affend him. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, I broke the silence with a curt, "We need to get going," Lyron nodded without a single word as we silently began to prepare for the journey ahead. I set my bag back down and checked my quiver for arrows. 9 iron left. It was a small amount, but it didn't matter to me. I was better with a word anyway. I attached my bow to my quiver and attached it to my back. I unsheathed my sword and quickly rubbed with some spare sloth and sharpened it with a whetstone that I found in the pack while the others were finishing packing."We stay off the roads, and watch for any strong Imperial presence. If you see anything suspicious, just call. We will be ahead, in the canopy, where we have a better view." I nodded slightly in agreement and took of after him in the forest. He ran with a fast speed. Faster then required to get to a city. I may be half elf but this is ridiculous I thought as I tried to keep pace with the elf. Thoron was struggling right on beside me. I could tell that something was occupying Lyron's thoughts to make him go this fast. He recognized that we were having some trouble and he slowed down after a while. I caught up with him and ran along side him, "Look," I said with a slight shortness of breath, "I don't even pretend to know what's going through your head right now but I just want to apologize for my thoughts. I have no right to judge you for what you've been through and what you do. It's not my place,"

They finally got back around dawn. Mairah told us that we were going to markarth. And then Lyron said we stay off the roads and we are to follow him. He jumped up into a tree and started running across the branches. Mairah soon followed. Me and Celduin started running after them. I looked at him " Hey watch this." i said to him. I whistled loudly and very soon after a horse came running after us and i hopped on. She was my horse. One of my favorite things in the world. She was the strongest and fastest horses i have seen before. I left her outside the tavern when i went in, and when i left i didn't trust them yet so i left her there. She will come to me any time i whistle. Her name is whisper. She was much like me in stealth. No one could hear her unless they were close to her. " need a ride?" i said to celduin as we were chasing Lyron and mairah in the trees.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I looked at Celduin as he apologized, out of breath. I dropped from the trees I was running in and jogged slower beside him. "It's not your fault, the whole mind reading thing, isn't by choice. My bow does it for me," I looked up to be sure Mairah was watching carefully, "it only happens when I need it to. It helped me realize that we both have better reason to kill the Imperials, then revenge." I nodded to him. "There is no reason to apologize it was my fault." I climbed back into the canopy, and kept running in the trees. I heard a horse approach, and I looked down. Thoron was on one. I growled. The anger didn't last long until I saw Mairah at a dead stop. "Stop!" I quietly yelled down to them. We had made it to the outskirts of Markarth. I looked in awe and horror as I saw piles of dead bodies in the road. Imperial guards in front of them. I took a large breath in. Orcs. I looked more closely. We not only were near Markarth, but at an Orc stronghold. The places Orcs in Skyrim called home. And they were slaughtered like my people. Thoron and Celduin looked up at us as we stared. I hopped down, and realized that they could not see the horror. "A familiar sight," I said, with my head down in remorse, "Why does the Empire do this!?" Mairah hopped down. "The Empire?" she looked at me in a sort of surprised serious way, "This isn't the work of the Empire Lyron. But it is the people who killed the Sangartii." I widened my eyes. Mairah knew something that we didn't. Something 300 years in the making.

Celduin

"Why does the Empire do this!?" Lyron screamed as he held his head low with remorse. I looked upon the bodies and suddenly a wave of memories hit me. "This was no Imperial Job," I said slowly. I had led Imperials for quite a while and had not seen anything like this to be ordered by a General. "This looks like Seeptimists to me," I said walking up to the pile of bodies. I delicately lifted one of the bodies up and placed it aside from the rest for Inspection. I could tell it was one of the cheif's sons. I lifted up his arm to find the tell tale marks of torture. "Yes defiantly Septimists. You see those marks under his arms? He was tortured before he died. Probably cut two.. maybe three hundred times on the limbs before they finally let the poor fellow die," I silently thought while the others silently moved up for closer inspection. "Any Imperial would have given them a proper burial at least taken prisoners, unless they were the opposite for my Legion. This wasn't a battle. More like a genocide,"

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I looked at Celduin as he explained who did this. I watched as he walked up the bodies. What are you doing, I thought, drawing my bow. Then I remembered he didn't see the guards on the other sides. "Yes definatly New Septim's Army," Mairah said, crouched next to him. I watched wearily around us, hoping we weren't going to be seen. "Been tracking them for months now. I thought you knew they killed the Sangartii. And that's why you were going after Tulius. He's a high ranked Septimist." I looked at her confused, "Never mind that, get back to cover, before we're found!" It was too late. I smelled the familiar musk of a scumbag.

I turned around and saw the striped mask that killed my love. I stood up. Anger growing within me. Heat in my hands. I dropped my bow, and took the sword out of Celduin's sheathe. "I knew I forgot you," he said drawing his sword, "MEN ATTAIN THESE FOOLS!" I watched as the men surrounded us. Shackling our hands. "I'll end the Sangartii blood line this time." He said. They lined us up on a blood covered wall. Where they tortured the Orc. Celduin shackled to my left, Mairah to my right. I looked at the pile of our armor and our weapons. "Follow my lead," I thought out to my 3 comrades. I wasn't going to die today. Not to these pigs.

Celduin

The Imperial soldiers surrounded us.It was hard to see what the regiment formation was like, but I had a little experience behind me and I immediately recognized what they were doing. A standard battle formation used to inspire fer and a sense of being outnumbered when there really is a smaller amount then appears. The man in the strange mask gave of an air of authority and power as well as hate. I've seen him before I thought. I shook my head out of the daze. I looked for the weak spot in the formation. I smiled. There in the left flank there was only one layer of soldiers. only Two that I had to cut through and then the whole formation would be broken. I smiled happily as I thought This is why I never used these.

I reached for my sword to cut down the two Imperials. My hand caught air. My eyes shot down to find that I had been unsheathed. I whirled around to find that Lyron had taken my sword. "MEN ATTAIN THESE FOOLS!" It was to late and my window was gone. I had enough time to shout to Lyron, "You damn fool! You got us all killed," before they were lining us up against a wall to be killed. The men that shackled us were weak. Recruits. I could see the sense of fear in their eyes. There was only a coupe of veterans and by their look, they wouldn't have posed a threat at all. "This should have been an easy fight. Damn you!" I screamed as I struggled against my bonds. I could feel another presence enter my mind. Follow my lead said the voice. There would be no need to have a lead to follow if you wouldn't have taken my damn sword I thought as hard as I could.

Right as we got to the orc slaughter. I knew something would happen though because there were so many orcs killed someone had to be close by, and not by themselves. I got of whisper. I put my bow on her back just in case we got captured. I could hide my sword in my armor so that didn't matter. But right as i told whisper to go hide, imperials came out of no ware and encircled us. Whisper ran away unseen and hid close by. For some odd reason Lyron and Celduin didn't fight back. I'm guessing he had a plan so i went along with it. The imperials were stupid enough to not check me for weapons since i had non visible. they were obviously untrained and unskilled men, so i was exited to see what Lyron had in store for them. Follow my lead he said and i got ready to kill some imperials.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "You damn fool! You got us all killed," Celduin's voice rang in my ears. He didn't know the half of what these men could do. "Celduin, you know who we are dealing with, and you know we are well over out-numbered!" I heard Mairah call to him on the wall. I looked up. The rain had cleared, and the sun was beaming on our faces. I had a plan. I had dealt with these men before. Celduin was a general, and he was experienced, but he was cocky. Something I had learned to loose 200 years ago. He couldn't see when he was clearly out maned. Our maybe he couldn't. I took a look around. Let my senses do what they do best. I knew there were more men somewhere. Ready for anything. They just weren't showing themselves. I blocked out all background noise. I listened and smelled. In the tower closest to us, 10 men, in heavy armor, from the sounds of it. In the opening in the wall to my left, there were at least 20. I took a large breath. I smelt arrows. I listened as behind me as I heard them being strung. A couple of archers as well. I took another deep breath. I smelt the familiar sent of Thorons horse. They had caught it. That wasn't it though. There was something I hadn't smelled in over 100 years. A Ryzherok, the beasts of Valenwood. Like horses, with teeth, that could climb, and kill you with one swing of the tail. I listened. "Keep that mongrel under control!" Then a loud roar, that everyone could hear. Like the dragon in Helgen. I looked at Mairah, and she grinned. She knew what it was. Question was, Is it the one I was thinking of. "Thoron, Celduin, Don't make eye contact with it until I say, or it will split you like a sweetroll," I looked up at the man in the mask and grinned. "What are you grinning at you swine?!" He half unsheathed it's sword, and I let out in a whisper, "Liethio nin."

I heard a loud crash and the screaming of men. It is her, I thought. I saw Thoron's horse come out of the opening squealing, sprinting fast. I grinned. The masked man hopped on a horse and left quickly, with some men behind him. "Better run," I said, "coward." Then she leaped over the wall. In a growl she warded off the men, and they ran into the forest with fear. She turned, and tilted her head down. I did the same. I admired her short, horns, and her muscular figure. She lifted her paw, and ripped the shackles of the wall releasing me. I touched her for head and whispered, "Agoreg vai." She purred and I pet her. "Av-'osto," I continued to her, "Eddrithe enni." She cut the shackles off of my comrades. I announced, "This is Falathiel," I looked at her admiringly, "respect her as you would a sword, and she will respect you."

Celduin

"respect her as you would a sword, and she will respect you." I grunted and walked ver o the weapons pile. I oull out the ol Imperial sword and shoved it into my scabbard. I walked up to Lyron ad was about to say something, but I stopped. I closed my eyes for a moment and calmed myself down. If it was the Thalmor, I would have done the same I thought as I slowly calmed. I eyed Lyron angrily and said, "Don't ever take m sword again," There was a small moment of silence. I turned my attention to the fleeing Imperials. I didn't enjoy lingering on quarrels and I prefered to have them solved quickly. I had a sword back and that's all that mattered. "And to think I almost joined them," I said with a half grin as I searched for my pack.

I could hear something weird coming out of the woods. It sounded like no other animal i have heard and as it got closer, it even smelled much different. I saw whisper running back to me as this creature came out of trees and came over to Lyron. What is that? I have never seen one of those before, and i know more about animals tan most people. Lyron said not to make eye contact until he said. so i didn't and it came over t o us and broke us out of our shackles. It was cute in a demon like sort of way. I felt something nudge my back. It was my Whisper hitting me with her nose. I started petting her when i heard Celduin get mad at lyron for taking his sword. I didn't care. i just put my bow back on my back and walked over to Lyron and his beast.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I watched as the familiar beast Rhyzerok hopped over the wall. I saw Lyron speak in Bosmerian to it. I didn't even know how to speak that. I admired the way the beast looked, dark, sleek, and powerful. She let us out of her cage, and I remembered a bit of some Bosmerian, "Le fael." I said nodding to her. She let out a moan, and nudged me. "She's ok, pet her," Lyron walked away and left me with the beast, I felt uneasy, as I have never seen one this close.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "Don't ever take my sword again," I heard Celduin say in a scoff walking past me. I was slightly annoyed, but more happy of the fact that I had Falathiel again. I looked around the stable behind the wall we were attached to. I say where they kept her, the bodies of 5 men with holes through their torsos. I forgot how lethal the tail pike could be. I kept looking, they took Thoron's horses saddle off. I threw it over my shoulder, and grabbed a sack of oats. I dragged the body of one of the Septimists out as well and layed it in front of Falathiel. "You're gonna wanna move," I told Mairah, and she stood back. Falathiel started devouring the body. I smiled. I walked over to Thoron. "Found these in the back, I am assuming their yours," I threw the saddle on his horse and patted her cheek,"Here's some oats I found for her." I nodded and walked back towards Falathiel, who was now, laying in the dirt. "Gwaem," I said to her, and she jumped up. I hopped on her back, and grabbed a handful of her mane. She stood a foot taller than Thoron's horse, but was significantly skinnier, perfect for navigating the forest. "We should keep going if we are to make it to Markarth before dusk," I looked at Celduin, then Thoron. I reached my hand out for Mairah, and she hopped on behind me. I turned Falathiel around to face the forest, and looked at Celduin. "Goheno nin, I'm Sorry," I looked at him, hoping for an understanding, "He was the one who split the abdomen of the one I loved. You'd understand the hatred I have." I nodded to him, and he nodded in response. I looked to the forest, "Drego!" Falathiel roared in response and took off without hesitation into the forest. She hoped up into a tree with a single bound, and navigated expertly through the trees towards Markarth.

The beast Lyron called Falathiel was apparently a steed from Valenwood. Lyron gave me my sattle back because the men took it off. Lyron then got on the huge beast and jumped into the tree. Oh great, now that thing can climb too. That was a strange animal. Celduin was now the only one who didnt have something to ride. I looked at him and whistled quite loud. Soon after a white horse that one of the septimist's horses that ran off earlier. " Get on it." i told celduin and we ran off after Lyron and Mairah on their beast.

Celduin

I jumped on the white horse. It felt different. off. I knew that this hose was not made for me and it knew I was not made for me. The beast nickered uncomfortably as I patted its mane and trid o gain some sense of trust from it. The beast did not buck, showing that it had relented enough to let me ride it for the moment. I gently petted the horses mane and took off after the others. The ride was long. Its been a while since I've ridden a horse I remarked as The steady beat of the horse's galloping fell I to a rhythm. While ridding on the horse, I felt like I finally had time to ruminate on everything that's happened to me in Skyrim. Skyrim. I felt a small smile creep onto my face and I said the word. I loved this place. The rich landscape and the tall snowy mountains suggested a peace with nature that seemed unattainable. It's the wars that we've brought on our selves that has tainted this beautiful land I thought. I stuck my hand out as it brushed against a passing bush. It was still wet from melted snow. I rubbed the moisture with my fingers.

I shook my head out of the daze. The landscape does not matter I thought as I kicked the underbelly of my horse in an attempt to catch up with Lyron on his monster. It nickered in annoyance. My eyes was caught, though, for a moment on a flash of brown from a clearing in the trees. I called out to Lyron and the others to slow down for a moment. They consented and came to a slow trot to were my steed and I were standing. I dismounted and walked onwards the trees. Standing there in a small clearing drinking calmly from a pond was an Imperial horse. The same Imperial horse that had helped me escape Helgen. The Horse recognized me and trotted over to where I was standing. I stroked the beast's mane as it nickered happily. I checked the saddle and the saddlebags. Still full of provisions. I smiled and unsaddled the white horse. I packed the provisions from the white horse onto the Imperial one. The horse calmly allowed me to load his saddle as he calmly grazed in the grass. I jumped on the saddle and Immediately felt the connection I did when I first rode it. I smiled again and stroked his mane. HE neighed and stamped his feet, ager to get going. "I think I have a new horse," I aid to the others as I trottd out of the clearing. "Whats it's name?" Thoron asked. I looked doen at the horse and said, "Caddock,"Caddock nickered in approval. "Lets get going then," I said as we took off full speed towards Markarth.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    We took off in the trees. So familiar. Homey. I took a deep breath as Falathiel ran through the trees. The feeling of Mairah behind me, reminded me of Amallae, the days when I could be happy to live. It was a life I didn't care to remember, as to much pain was associated with it. I then started to remember after the pain. When I was reborn in a way. So much had happened then. So much resentment, and depression. I remembered it all. The journey from Southport, to Cyrodiil.

I walked in a daze. My vision clouded. Burns all over my body. Tears in my eyes. Pain wasn't as unfamiliar as it once was. It was my fault. My fault they were dead. The thought of them dying, her dying clouding my mind. I drag my bow on the ground. I didn't care to listen what it said. My feet raw from walking in ashes. The screams echoing. I was reborn, insane. I walked, and walked. I didn't stop. I laughed occasionally, as that was the only thing that occupied my brain. Laughter, and sadness. I made it out of the forest. Plains, and hills. As far as the eye could see. Then a roar of people. I walked to the top and looked down. A ring. Surrounded by people. I walked. Closer I got to the thunder. Then darkness. "Be still my child," the bow said, "you are safe here." The laughter returned, filling my head. I awoke. In a dark place. I felt the chains on my arms. "Where am I?" I asked loudly. "The arena," a voice called. I stood, and looked around. A lantern lit a face in the corner. A scarred face. "You fight, or you die," He stood up, and opened the cage door, and locked it behind him. "Your a slave now elf," I sat down, "get used to it."

I shook off the memory as Celduin called us to slow down. I patted on Falathiel's coat, and she jumped to the forest floor, and stopped. We turned to Celduin as he walked to an opening. I steered Fala towards the opening. a small pool of water, surrounded by tall grass. I looked around and saw a familiar horse. The horse Celduin rode out of Helgen. A new friend, I thought. Celduin hopped on, and took off into the forest, towards the city. "Drego!" She reared up, and ran, weaving through the trees. I caught up with Caddock and Celduin. The horse was fast, and eager to please. I looked at Celduin and he looked back with a cocky grin. I laughed, and looked forward. "NORO!" I yelled, and Falathiel sped up a bit, but Caddock kept up. I looked to my other side and saw Throron and Whisper. I let out a laugh, and a loud howl. Mairah followed suit. Falathiel roaring in response. The I saw it. The walls of Markarth. The city of Dwemer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts