• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Celduin

An Imperial disowned by his people
    I stood in silence, watching as the new Lyron strode towards the door. I looked over at the she-elf for some sense of explanation. She gave me in return a stiff nod and ignored me as she walked after Lyron. I rolled my eyes and began to walk after her. My first step ended with agonizing pain in my chest as I stumbled to the ground. The blood was dripping allover the ground around me. I a frenzy, I tore open my armor to find that the wounds on my chest had not healed properly and were infected. Though I was half elf, I was still human and was weaker than an elf. I could feel the infection spreading as I weakly called out to Lyron.

Right when the 2 men dressed as imperials came into the tavern, i new they they weren't from around here. The way they looked and how they acted gave away that they weren't actually imperials. I was sitting in the corner, still in my armor which covers my face, and i was just watching them the whole time. When the elf started yelling and took out his bow i sat up and put my hand on my sword. I still just sat and watched though. after the whole big scene of the 3 people yelling at each other and kind of fighting, the same elf walked up to me and told me that they were going to kill people and their was money involved, and i was guessing revenge on imperials. As they were walking out the other man with the elf fell to the ground. i wasn't going to get up until they left and i was going to follow them, but that man is obviously injured so they probably need all the help they can get. I got up as the man fell walked over to him. I sat him up on the wall and looked at his wounds. His friends ran over to me and asked what had happened. " His wounds are infected," i said, " he needs to get treatment now or the wounds will get fatally worse. " can you help him?" the elf asked. " i don't know."

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I watched as Celduin fell. I was worried for a split second, but my worry increased when the mysterious man approached and put him to the wall. Mairah asked if he could help, and he responded. I was to busy drawing my sword and putting it to his throat. "Listen, I said you could join us. Not put your hands all over our friend." I pulled him away, and approached Celduin once more. I took his armor off. The man wasn't wrong. His wounds were bad enough to kill Julianos himself. "This will hurt, but we need to get you to the forest, where I can help you." Without hesitation, I pulled Celduin up by his arm, and threw him over my shoulder. I nodded to Mairah, to follow, and the man would get the idea. With haste I made to the forest. I found a small creek, and laid Celduin against a tree. "Mairah, get him some water," I looked to the Mysterious man, who had followed, "You, who ever you are, we need agrimony to stop the bleeding. It's a small brown berry, grown on tall pines. NOW!" The man took off. I looked at Mairah, she looked back. "Witch-hazel?" she asked, I nodded in response, as I was thinking the same thing.

I ran through the dense forest for the flower. Yellow, small patches, I continued thinking. Then I saw a couple. I picked only 5 of the flowers, and returned to Celduin. I chewed the flowers, and placed them in bowl that was in the sack. The man returned with the agrimony, which I also chewed up. I spit the paste, poured water on the wound to clear it of blood, then rubbed the agrimony past on. The bleeding had stopped. I then grabbed the chewed witch hazel, and rubbed in on the wound. "It'll have to do," I said, nodding to the man who had helped, "Mairah, get some comfrey, and I'll boil some water for tea. It'll ease the pain," I looked at Celduin, and started the fire.

As i finished my sentence the elf threw me off with a knife to my throat. I was trying to help you ungrateful prick, i thought to myself. Right as i got up the elf grabbed the wounded man and ran out the door. The woman followed and i figured i should do the same. The elf told me to go get agrimony. I knew what it was of course. I lived in the ground half my life. I could easily see it in the dark and ran to go get some. I brought it back and gave it to the elf, he chewed it and put it on the mans wounds. He started a fire and sat down as the woman came over and gave the elf what he needed. I sat down with my hand on my sword making sure the elf wasn't going to try to cut my head off. I didn't really want to talk until he did because i knew i pissed him off. so i stayed i there until someone said something. I knew the girls name was Mairah, but i didn't know the other two. " My name is Thoron, Thoron ohtar'en'huine." I said, I realized my mask was still on so they couldn't see my face, but i almost never take it off so i they weren't going to see my face. " Im an assassin and i can help you out a lot if you need people dead."

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    OCC: I'm changing Mairah's posts to 1st person. It's easier.

I looked at the Imperial as he fell. Blood all over the front of the tavern. The man in the mask and hood that had been sitting in the corner ran to him as he fell. "Can you help?" I called over to him, his response was very short as Lyron put a blade to his throat and threw him away. Well then, I thought. He nodded at me and ran to the forest. I followed, with the masked man shortly behind. We stopped at a creek, where Lyron handed me a bowl to give the Imperial water. The masked man disappeared into the forest for agrimony. I looked at Lyon, then at the Imperial. His wounds were inflamed and infected. The only thing that would fix those in a matter of days was Witch-hazel. I looked at Lyon, "Witch-hazel?" He nodded and left. Celduin was in aggravating pain by the looks of it. I kept giving him water until Lyron returned. I admired his loyalty. Although I don't know how well these 2 men knew each other. He assessed the wound, and started a fire.

Comfrey, comfrey, comfrey, I thought as I ran looking for it. There it was, on a bush ripe for the picking. I grabbed a handful, and returned to the camp. Handing it to Lyron, then sitting beside him. I couldn't help but feel the tension in the air as the masked man told everyone his name. An assassin? Please, I thought. His mask did well in hiding his Identity, but I could tell by his sent, and the way he stood that he was Nord. With some Bosmer somewhere mixed in. He was tall in stature, and very bulky. How could he pass as an assassin, or what ever he thinks an assassin is. His armor was very nicely forged, much like his matching sword. I took off my belt with all of my gear, and took off my bow and quiver. I then took out my loot-sack, and looked for something to cook. I had some older, uncooked venison, and put it on a large rock near the fire. Lyron nodded at me, and grinned, then gave Celduin the tea, before saying something.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I sat and waited for Mairah to return. She did, and sat close to me. Why so close? I thought to myself. She handed me the comfrey, and I placed it in the boiling water to sit. The man with the mask, said his name. Thoron the assassin? Ha! I thought. He was a large Nord by his looks and smell. How could he even be crouch with the sound of his armor? Besides that. I still didn't trust him. Only cowards hid behind masks. I watched as Mairah got comfortable, and started to cook some venison. She's taken care of herself, I thought. I grinned at her as I handed Celduin the tea. "It will eat the pain," I said nodding. I had more trust of him than I did before, but I still didn't know about him. I looked at Thoron. Then the fire. "So, Thoron the assassin," I mocked, "What is the gold you wish to gain from this journey?" As I asked, Mairah tapped me as she flipped the meat. "What exactly is it you are looking for?" I looked at her, and leaned back into the tree we sat against. "Armor, some bastard named Tulius, and The Elder Bow," I said, looking through the canopy at the now dark sky, "Not to mention Celduin's gear." I looked at Celduin and nodded, If he lasts that long, I thought with remorse. "You lost your bow?" Mairah asked with a sort of astonishment, "You've had that thing since you came to the Sangartii." I thought about all the victims that the bow had taken, and how much training I did with it, how much it had taught me. "Ya," I said vaguely in response, "and I intend to get it back."

I sat and listened as the group chatted in the night. The smell of venison filled my nose, and I grew hungry, and thirsty. I pulled a bottle of mead out of my pack, and popped the cap off. I drank a large gulp and handed it to Mairah, she took a swig herself. "Thanks," she said nudging me. I offered to Thoron, and he shook his head. I drank, until the bottle was dry, and returned it to my pack. I watched the venison cook as it's sent filled my nose.

Celduin

I collapsed to my knees. Pain. I tired to force my muscles to get back up and move. I'm not going to be the weak one out of this group I thought to myself as I clenched trying to get up. But my body was weak and I knew I had lost too much blood already. I could feel my eyelids begin to droop. No I thought to myself it's not ending this way. I was dimly aware of a nord running to my aid and Lyron pinning him with his sword. I tired to shake my head to wake myself up but to know avail. By the time Lyron was swinging me around his shoulder, I had passed out.

"Why do you live?" I heard whisper into my ear. My eyes shot open. I was in a cave. An Icy cave. I looked down at my chest and the wounds were gone.I looked around at my surrounding. There were Vampire bodies all around the cave. As I turned to the center of the cave, there stood a massive statue of Clavicus Vile. "Vile" I muttered under my breath. "Why do you live?" the statue repeated. "Because I have to," I replied "NO!" The statue barked. "Because I want you to. You have been one of my most favorite playthings! You have found more power then most men dream of! And you've used it well," I spat on the ground at the statues feet. "You have plagued me for to long Vile, leave me alone!" I screamed at the statue.

I woke leaned against a tree with the pain pounding my chest. I looked around. Lyron was gone and so was the strange Nord. The she-elf was looking around in the bushes. I tried to mutter something to her but no words came out. Lyron, then, came bursting through the trees and a few minuets later so did the Nord. Lyron stuffed some leaves and berries in his mouth and spat it back out into a bowl. He leaned in to me and said something I couldn't understand. He put the mixture on my chest and the pain exploded from my chest and I passed out again.

The scene changed. I was no longer in an Ice-cave but on a wide open plain. And befor me stood writhing a massive grotesque mass of tentacles. A deep and sonorous voice resounded from the mass, "Greetings Celduin Shadowspire. I am Hemorus Mora, Daedric Prince of Knowledge," I took a step back from the beast. "What do you want?" I called out to it. A loud chuckle filled the air. "You servitude and nothing less," I could tell that if the beast had a face, it would be smiling. "As you know, your wounds are not completely natural. We aided in the infection so that we could talk to you," said the beast with a deep grumble. "Whose we?" I asked. "Your Patron, Clavicus, and I. I have been whatchng you for a long time and I want to have you as my servant. Unfortuntly," the beast continued, "Clavicus is rather fond of his most valuable instrument. So we have decided to put it up to you mortal," Concluded the beast. I laughed and yelled, "I choose neither! You can both go to hell!" The beast chuckled louder this time and said, "That's not a choice. When you get to the end of your journey with the elf called Lyron, you will require something from a Daedric Prince. Both Clavicus and I will be able to give it to you, and all you have to do is decide who,"

I awoke again, this time, the group was huddled around a fire and Lyron and the girl where close to eachother. I smiled slightly. I could feel the pain on my chest easing up significantly. Well the Daedra and the group both know their tricks I thought. My throat felt wetter then it had before. They must have fed me. Damn Daedra. They made it seem like I was awake I thought. I coughed to the side. "Anyone got any spiced wine?" I called out weekly.

After I told them my name and that i was an assassin, Mairah and the elf (and i still didn't know his name) both said something about me being an assassin. "They are mocking me" I thought. But it didn't matter because i was one and they couldn't kill me if they tried. Mairah started cooking venison and the elf offered me some ale. I wouldn't tell them now, but i don't drink. I never have. That plops is poison. The injured man was still passed out for a while until he sat up and asked for some spiced wine. I snickered and said no.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I watched as the night ensued. Mairah fell asleep at my side, before eating any of the venison. I took it off the stone, and ripped it in half. I set half of it in her bag, and started eating the other. She won't mind, I thought. I looked over at Celduin as he awoke. He asked for spiced wine. I preferred a nice Silvenar Mixed Brew. I looked through my pack, then Mairah's, as I finished the venison. I found a small bottle. I stood, and gave it to Celduin. "Glad your awake, how do you feel?" I asked as I sat back. Looking back at Mairah, then the sky.

Celduin

"Like I could kill a Dragon" I replied as I gladly excepted the wine. I nodded towards the sleeping she-elf. "You and her seem to be hitting it off" I remarked as I downed the whole bottle in one gulp. I smiled again. I enjoyed seeing Lyron happy. Although I did not know him well, I knew I could trust him, and I already counted him among one of my most closest friends. I frowned for a second. That list was getting shorter and shorter. I shook the thoughts out of my head and stood up, stretching my arms. My hand instinctively went to my chest, expecting pain. none came. I looked down at my chest to find that all that remained was two thin scars. I frowned. "Damn the Daedra" I spat as I walked over to the fire.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Kill a dragon? I thought as I woke up. I looked at Lyron, he was eating a small piece of venison. I looked in my bag and found the other half. I took it in my hand, and ate it greedily. "You and her seem to be hitting it off," Celduin remarked at us both. I grinned half heartidly. Lyron was my mentor, but there was other feelings present. I shook off the thought. "Hungry?" I asked gesturing a piece of venison to Celduin, then the masked man.

Celduin

"Ah Famished. I don;t believe I know your name by the way," I replied. She tossed the meat over to me and I caught in mid air, Taking a hunk out of it happily. I took my sword out for good measure and slashed it around a couple of times, trying to get feeling back into my arms.

I still sat there in silence as the 3 were talking. Apparently the injured one doesn't know Mairah, who i had the most trust in for some reason. maybe just because i knew her name. I trusted non of them though. I probably wouldn't for a while if i continue to stay. There willing to pay me i would do for free i thought to my self. It didn't matter though i have nothing going on so might as well. The injured man seemed to be doing well though which is good, his wounds were deep. I sat there as they continued there conversations.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "I don't believe I know your name by the way," Celduin remarked, as he took the meat I threw him. "It's Mairah, I was Sangartii with Lyron," I looked over at him, his face looked a bit pained as a spoke, "if he didn't tell you." I ate the last bit of the venison, then took another swig of mead, swiping it from Lyron's hand. I handed it back to him. "So you are after the Imperials?" I asked them, wondering if they had the same information that I had. "Well I'd be willing to bet they are headed to Solitude, to Tulius and Rikke," I looked at Lyron, as he stared at me intently, absorbing all the information I shared, "They are the head of the Imperial Legion in Skyrim. I'd also say they would sell enchanted weapons to the Thalmor. They usually de-forge them." I leaned toward my bag, and pulled out the map I had written. I pointed out Solitude, "It won't be easy getting in there if we have to, It's surrounded by Legion," I then pointed north west to where the Thalmor Embassy was located, "Hopefully they will have the items your looking for here. It's just a matter of getting their before they destroy them." I looked at Lyron, then Thoron, lastly Celduin. They looked to be contemplating a plan.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I listened to Mairah talk to Celduin about our past together. I didn't care to remember anymore. She then asked about our plans with the Imperials. I tightened my hand into a fist as she talked, but I needed all of the information I could get. She said Solitude was heavily guarded, but that wouldn't be a problem. It was the Thalmor I was more worried about. I have had previous encounters with the Aldmeri Dominion. I looked at Mairah, and down at the map. "I need my weapons to make a dent on the Imperial bastards. You say Tulius and Rikke are the leaders in Skyrim," I looked down at the map, "We will get as much intel on the Embassy as we can on the way. After that, we keep anonymous, and get over the walls in Solitude. Making our way to Tulius. I want his head." I slammed my fist on the map. I looked at Mairah, she had a worried, yet intreaged look on her face. "He should give me the most information on who was in charge of the killing of our people, and why." Mairah got a confused look on her face, like she knew something that I didn't know. I didn't think of the fact that she had been in Skyrim for longer than I had been, from her thoughts.

Celduin

"He should give me the most information on who was in charge of the killing of our people, and why." I looked at Lyron with a strange look. I knew roughly of his past, and I could understand his hate, but I culd not see how the thought of revenge drived him to survive. What comes after revenge? I thought as I twisted my sword in he ground and thought about what would come next. I looked up in the sky to try and feel some guidance, but none came. I sighed and said, "Both of you are right. We can't go through the Imperials without our weapons. And I have no quarrel with slaughtering Thalmor," I said with a malicious grin on my face. I could feel a surge of power rush through my veins and a sense of clearness filled my mind. This is where they want me to go I thought as I waited for a response from Lyron.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I looked at Celduin as he contemplated what I had said. I heard a short part of his thoughts intrude my mind. "I could understand his hate, but I could not see how the thought of revenge drived him to survive. What comes after revenge?" Anger came to my mind. I looked at him with a half glare. "It's more than revenge that drives me! It's the promise I made to my people, that I failed to keep the first time! I will not sit and watch as the Imperials live their lives without any remorse for what they did to our people!" I looked at Mairah, then back at Celduin, "You may be half Bosmer, but you do not know what the Imperials did to us that day. What they did to Silvenar. What they did to the Sangartii. This is not revenge, this is retribution. Fate. I will not stop until I give them what they have deserved for 400 years! It's not revenge that drives me. It's the screams, the blood, and the hundreds of corpses of my people that drives me! You are lucky I only know a portion of you past, or your head would've been separated from your body by the blade of my sword as well!" I stood up, and walked away from the fire, into the forest. I was too heated, and I needed to relax. I've had enough of this envy of Imperials, and I just wanted it to end. Quick.

Celduin

I sat in stunned silence. I looked over to Mairah for some sense of explanation or support but she simply stared at me as i I where the problem. I scoffed loudly and headed off into the forest opposite of where Lyron left. The mind is a man's last fortress I thought to myself as I kicked around a couple of small rocks. Its unnatural that he can breach it. What gives him the right to look at my own personal thoughts and feelings when he himself does not understand them? I shook my head angrily and slashed at a tree next to me. The blade went 4 inches into the tree and stopped there, quivering. I looked with marvel at my new found strength. Clavicus is fighting hard for me, I pondered as I spotted a small game trail near were I was stnding. I decided to do a quick bit of hunting while I was out. I took the bow I'd scavenged from the Imperials earlier off my back and notched an iron arrow, I walked quietly along the trail.It was not long befor I had spied a small doe drinking from a small puddle. I pulled back and released the arrow. The doe was dead before it hit the ground. I threw the carcass back and headed back to the campsite, with thoughts of unfairness swimming through my mind. I Arrived at the campsite and threw the carcass on the floor. "Provisions" I said quietly as I took out a dagger and began skinning the beast.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I watched as Lyron blew up in Celduin's face. His ability, I thought as he stormed off. Almost all the Sangartii were gifted with special abilities that allow them to something suiting them. Lyron's happened to be reading thoughts. His Elder Bow helped him and further strengthened that skill, and let him see the past. Mine, I had yet to discover mine. As it takes hundreds of years of experience to develop the abilities. From what I could see though, it had been getting Lyron into trouble a lot lately. I stared at Celduin with a disappointed look, as he then walked off. I stood, and looked at Thoron, "Watch camp, I'll go get Lyron," my walk turned into a sprint as I disappeared into the forest. I ran, following the sent he left. Strong, but dampened by the new rain that was falling. I looked up into the trees, as he would usually sneak up on me there. I noticed the light of the sun rising, and hitting the clouds above us. Making it brighter. The sent got strong. I stopped, as I felt the eyes of something on me. I turned, and there stood him. Our leader. My leader. He had returned, igniting the fire that had been dim for centuries. I felt him eyeing me, trying to read me, as he paced around me. "Your senting is better than I remember," He said, sitting down. I nodded. He looked at the ground and whimpered as he transformed. He hid his pain very well. He stood from his crouched position and approached me. We were all that was left, what was going to happen to us when all was said and done?

Since i do not know these people very much, i didn't really know what to do when lyron yelled at celduin for something he didn't even say. I still sat there and it seemed like they forgot about me, MY armor only disappears when i want it to so they could still see me. I really didn't care though, their ideas about the thalmor and how to get their plops back was pretty smart i guess. I don't really know how they lost it in the first place but it didn't matter. As Lyron stormed into the woods and mairah followed celduin walked into the woods with his bow and then quickly came back with a doe in his arms. " That was a nice shot," I said as he started to skin the deer. " right threw the heart.... I guess since Lyron hasn't kicked me out yet im staying here to help you guys kill the thalmor and imperials. How did you guys lose your weapons in the first place?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts