• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wildroses

So, I'm doing the radiant Dawnguard quest: Hunt the Monster. The vampire's last known contact was with Anwen, Priestess of Dibella. Off to the temple in Markarth I go. Anwen is nowhere in sight as I walk in, and with a sinking feeling I remember this character has not done the Heart of Dibella, so she is communing behind a master locked door right now.

I decided my best bet is to sneak in and try and pickpocket the note from her, so to increase my chances of being undetected, I tell Serana to wait here. Her response: "I'm not that easy to get rid of. You can run ahead if you like, but I'll be following." Fine...

Unfortunately, pickpocketing Anwen from behind won't work because there is a wall in the way. Sighing, I bow to the inevitable and head over to Anwen without sneaking. Anwen is furious, refuses to give me a dialogue option about the vampire, and says the Mother will deal with me and releases me from the conversation. Okay, I'll talk to her, then to you again in the hope I can discuss the monster...

Without giving me a chance to speak, Hamal says..."So be it! We gave you a choice!" and then the three priestess start attacking me. Serana goes ballistic. I do the only thing I can think of, unsheathe my weapons, then sheathe them again hoping they'll accept the surrender. It works, so I go through the conversation with Anwen again, and this time Hamal decides to speak to me. As she is tasking me with fetching the kid, Anwen screams: "Oh no! What happened!" Serana killed Orla while I was trying to surrender. Honestly, that vampire is the pits. I can't take her anywhere, and I can't leave her anywhere either.

So basically, thanks to the radiant quest system, trying to do a radiant quest resulted in me getting a quest I don't want to do out of my journal, and a 500 gold bounty that was completely the fault of a glitch and the clingiest follower in all Tamriel. To make things worse, I felt like the monster when I got Anwen to give me the letter from the vampire. It's the letter of a true friend who really cares, and I'm going to murder them. The only reason I even know where to find them is because they cared about Anwen so much they told her where to find them just in case she ever needed help.

ShangTsung

I always wondered how they could do so much damage with their puny little bows and arrows. Oh well. Of course I sneak almost everywhere (including my own home just to avoid the Carls!).
depends on the type of archer, it took me a lot of dying over the years to finally realize this, even when dealing with forsworn there are some that can turn you into a pin cushion and barely even make noticable amounts of damage, and then there are some that can 2 or 3 shot u dead.. especially on master difficulty.

Chadonraz

During the Helgen tutorial, just as Ralof was about to enter the tower some falling chunks of stone hit him.
Reaction: "Last mistake..."

Alduin must have been so scared. :)

Twiffle

This is not exactly a lol moment, more of a 'thing i do when im bored'' moment, i like to put on the execution hood from the one of the people in the abandoned shack, , then sprint around a town bumping into everyone like i just escaped but dont know were i am, , , well it entertains me for a while, , :)

Chadonraz

A Vampire Fledgling entered Riften just before I did, and then proceeded into Black-Briar Meadery. Right after she had entered the building, a guard exited it. This all happened just before 9pm, so I guess it was one of those "vampire seeking shelter from the sun" encounters... but in a city? And what was the guard doing in the meadery, anyway? o_O

I ran into Companions versus Snowy Sabre Cat again. Didn't crouch fast enough, and the beast spotted me after momentarily defeating Vilkas and Ria. Luckily they'd taken half of its health, but I still had to use all four of my Minor Healings to survive the fight (I'm a level 6 Khajiit using claws and the Pugilist gloves, on Adept.). And not a minute later I fell off a cliff and died. :rolleyes:

Ommpansthe

I was once riding my horse, then i jumped off a cliff and landed right on top of a dragon, then he woke up and he sent my horse and i flying for about a minute!

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I don't like Olfrid Battl-eBorn, but I'll give him this one.

Sometimes, when him and his son start the conversation with that old Gray-Mane lady, someone is left out of the conversation and wandering White Run. This usually makes for awkward moments. One funny time is when the old woman was talking to herself because neither Battle-Born was there haha.

But the best of all is when that old lady the young Battle Born imperial dude were arguin and Olfrid was walking around White Run. It was finally his turn to speak, and he came walking up the small hill to the market "can you believe this old hag"...

It was cool.

Chadonraz

^ In my games Idolaf tends to be wandering around. Once I saw the Battle-Borns having the conversation without Fralia. :D

Wildroses

Started a new character today. She's hanging out in Falkreath. While she was walking around in the wilderness looking for alchemy ingredients to give her a nice pile of gold, she got attacked by a novice necromancer. I thought she was done for, but then the necromancer got stuck behind the only rock in sight so I filled her with arrows and got a nice enchanted robe and spell tome out of it.

Not long after I sent her off to Bielgulch mine as her backstory means she has to clear out every bandit camp she hears of. She managed to deal with the bandits outside by staying out of reach while using poisoned arrows and flames. I was expecting it to be a tough fight against the bandit chief as well, but would you believe he got stuck behind the only rock in sight? I filled him with arrows.

I kind of felt together they were really WTF moments. They weren't particularly big rocks which would be hard to get around. I mean, all they had to do was step five centimetres to the right and they had a clear path to my low levelled squishy girl. The gaming gods of glitches really loves this character, apparently.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
It took me three minutes to walk to that far distant spot where Serana and Vyrthur were frozen in place. They very kindly waited for me to limp over before starting their dialogue. I'm quite sure they spent that three minutes bitching about me and my inability to leave things behind and arrogance in thinking the entire world would wait until I'm ready for it.

But ... but ... more often than not the world WILL wait for you!

Started a new character today. She's hanging out in Falkreath. While she was walking around in the wilderness looking for alchemy ingredients to give her a nice pile of gold, she got attacked by a novice necromancer. I thought she was done for, but then the necromancer got stuck behind the only rock in sight so I filled her with arrows and got a nice enchanted robe and spell tome out of it.

Not long after I sent her off to Bielgulch mine as her backstory means she has to clear out every bandit camp she hears of. She managed to deal with the bandits outside by staying out of reach while using poisoned arrows and flames. I was expecting it to be a tough fight against the bandit chief as well, but would you believe he got stuck behind the only rock in sight? I filled him with arrows.

I kind of felt together they were really WTF moments. They weren't particularly big rocks which would be hard to get around. I mean, all they had to do was step five centimetres to the right and they had a clear path to my low levelled squishy girl. The gaming gods of glitches really loves this character, apparently.
I was doing the Alduin's Wall quest and dealing with the Forsworn camp in Karthspire. One of the mages was giving my orc warrior a hard time so I decided to let Delphine take some of the heat. And what does she do? Get stuck running at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the fight.

A while back while doing the Thieves' Guild quest with Mercer Frey in Snow Veiled Sanctum, I noticed I could close the gate and effectively block Mercer from accompanying me. This made things considerably easier and I didn't have to listen to his know-it-all mouth and attitude. Unfortunately, at the end of the quest while I'm laying on the ground from Karliah's paralyzing arrow, he wasn't present for the dialogue exchange between them. She just stood there waiting for him to respond and I had to reload.

moonfellmage

I had a paralysis staff the other day and suddenly a bunch of ice wolves started attacking me. I had Marcurio with me. I fired my staff and Marcurio did his shock thing and the wolves, after being hit by paralysis, were frozen. The shock sent the frozen wolves off suddenly to the left off a huge cliff and were never seen again . . . it was so funny. I think I laughed a full five minutes after.

Jarrad

I was taking the path from Whiterun back to Riverwood and started up a conversation with one of the wandering skooma dealers, after telling him that illegal he attacks me and gets smacked around I continue to Riverwood to be shot by an arrow, turning to the right it seems Faendal took exception to me killing the drug dealer, not long after the Blacksmith, Gerdur... all non childeren occupants of Riverwood are attacking me... shed a whole new light on how they really pass the time out there.

DOCac42

Feared and Respected
Went into Jorrvaskr to find Vignar Grey-Mane hanging upside down from the wall and Farkas sitting next to him like nothing was happening. :|

Godzillaman 08

I downloaded a more monsters mod for Skyrim, but I had no idea what it contained ( I like to surprise myself ). And while I was wandering around the plains outside of Whiterun, and saw I a Triceratops. Then it got me thinking, someone please make a good or decent Dinosaur mod for Skyrim. Screw being Lore friendly, I WANT DINOSAURS DANG IT!!!!!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I was taking the path from Whiterun back to Riverwood and started up a conversation with one of the wandering skooma dealers, after telling him that illegal he attacks me and gets smacked around I continue to Riverwood to be shot by an arrow, turning to the right it seems Faendal took exception to me killing the drug dealer, not long after the Blacksmith, Gerdur... all non childeren occupants of Riverwood are attacking me... shed a whole new light on how they really pass the time out there.
. Well, Whiterun isn't that exciting a place unless it's being attacked by Dragons or Vampires... Then again, maybe I could use some Scooma after something like that.

By the way, I have about 500 bottles of Scooma and #'s of Moon Sugar in my inventory at this place. Maybe I should take up drug dealing...

Chadonraz

WTF... I was on my way to Windhelm after Liberating the Reach, and ran into one of those Imperial trios transporting a prisoner. They attacked me on sight. o_O
I'm guessing it was because we were in Whiterun, and I was wearing Stormcloak armor -- but I'd never heard that that might happen.

The following contains Civil War (Stormcloak side) spoilers, although minor ones.

To add a LOL element to this post: I was returning to the Hjaalmarch SC camp (after finally getting the documents without stealing or killing), and as I passed Snowhawk, several Imperials attacked. I dispatched of them easily enough, and returned to Galmar. He then mentioned that the documents that the documents said Fort Snowhawk needed reinforcements. Yeah, I'm sure they do. I just killed a bunch of the soldiers there. :D

Wildroses

I don't get the Skyrim glitches and bugs sometimes, I really don't.

Started a new character. She never got a letter round about level 7-12 from the Jarl of Falkreath offering her land, and when she went to visit him he had no dialogue options which would lead to her getting land. I'd heard of this bug, although never experienced it before. I googled bug fixes, raised his disposition, got land, and assumed that I'd have to do this all the time now.

Then I decided to start another new character. She happened to being hanging around Falkreath, saw the dialogue option and ended up saying: "Sure, I'll get you some Black-Briar Mead. Here. Sure, I'll kill those bandits for you." About six steps away from the Jarl's door to tell him the bandits had all been killed, suddenly I hear: "I've been looking for you. I've got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only. Let's see here..."

Yes, it was the letter from the Jarl, who I had spoken to about three hours ago, making his: "Permit me to introduce myself" opening particularly WTF.

Incidentally, the courier was naked. WTF Steam I thought you were supposed to handle updates for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts