• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pálrún

This is more of a bug than a weird moment, but during the Dawnguard Arkngthamz/Aetherium part of the quest with the 5 tonal resonators, a Dwemer centurion came out, but he didn't register any health (or lack thereof); Serana and Katria were fighting him and taking damage, but he couldn't hurt me nor I him. He just wasn't dying.
The quest would have been stuck right there if I hadn't finally brought down the console and typed "killall". After that, Katria was stuck in her essential NCP "close to death" pose where she's kneeling down.. she stayed like that for the rest of the shard collection locations, and didn't straighten up till we got inside the Forge location itself.

Chadonraz

This is more of a bug than a weird moment, but during the Dawnguard Arkngthamz/Aetherium part of the quest with the 5 tonal resonators, a Dwemer centurion came out, but he didn't register any health (or lack thereof); Serana and Katria were fighting him and taking damage, but he couldn't hurt me nor I him. He just wasn't dying.
The quest would have been stuck right there if I hadn't finally brought down the console and typed "killall". After that, Katria was stuck in her essential NCP "close to death" pose where she's kneeling down.. she stayed like that for the rest of the shard collection locations, and didn't straighten up till we got inside the Forge location itself.

That Centurion always auto-activates in my game. I have to deliberately fail the puzzle to release it, so Katria won't be stuck in combat and will talk to me. -.-

Today I was sent to Valtheim Towers to find Amren's family sword.
Not a single bandit there was hostile, although one of them warned me off when I approached his precious alchemy lab. I could take whatever I wanted - including the family sword. o_O

Easiest quest ever.

Also, a dead Mammoth appeared near the Whiterun city gates. I've no idea where it came from. It's still there.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Alchemy labs and work benches now come in a handy two-in-one modular configuration. As seen at Fort Amol.

IMG_2844small.jpg

Wildroses

I was walking along the path between Whiterun and Valtheim Towers on my way to Witchmist Grove to discover the terrible truth about my fiancee. I think I abruptly moved my mouse up for some reason.

Suddenly I was flung about a million feet in the air. When I looked down the view was like the one you seen when Meridia drags you up. I then fell down, remarkably surviving as I fell into some water. More specifically, the ocean near Dawnstar. A few inches to the right and I'd have died on the ice floats.

I don't think I'll ever understand how or why that happened. I swear every word is true.

Pálrún

I was walking along the path between Whiterun and Valtheim Towers on my way to Witchmist Grove to discover the terrible truth about my fiancee. I think I abruptly moved my mouse up for some reason.

Suddenly I was flung about a million feet in the air. When I looked down the view was like the one you seen when Meridia drags you up. I then fell down, remarkably surviving as I fell into some water. More specifically, the ocean near Dawnstar. A few inches to the right and I'd have died on the ice floats.

I don't think I'll ever understand how or why that happened. I swear every word is true.

That kinda sounds like you got whalloped by a giant, but since you had the map up, you didn't see it happen (?).
Early on in my game play, I got smacked by a giant, it did the same thing, I got an eagle eye's view of Skyrim, but died I think before I ever landed.

Not that that would happen now... Not so much a WTF moment as just a "seriously??", but I decided to try my hand at the restoration potion/enchant loop thingy.
O.. M ..G
No need to go into the millions, I wound up making and enchanting leather armor that regenerates my magicka over 30,000 percent faster - in essence, it's infinite, immediate restoration. But just to be sure, I made a necklace.. that gives me 29,492 magicka, and a ring that gives me about the same ridiculous amount in health, 29 thousand something.

For all intents and purposes, wearing these, I'm invulnerable, it's like God mode. (I really should up the difficulty level to at least make it more fair/fun).
In a way, it's made the game boring, nothing is a real challenge, I have no fear of dying and I can't run out of magic. OTOH, I'm proud of my enchantments, and have difficulty deciding whether to keep wearing them or not.
I was thinking of doing the loop again, only this time enchanting items not quite so absurdly powerful.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
So I fast travelled to Forsaken cave today and Valdimar and I are immediately attacked by an icewraith. My horse is going nuts as well and suddenly there is a blood dragon on the road shouting fire at us. After the icewraith and dragon are dead I discover two wolf bodies as well. I am standing amongst the carnage when three Stormcloak soldiers happen past. Move along boys, nothing to see here.... But they take a dislike to me (I sided with the imperials) and they attack me and I am forced to kill them as well. I leave the area, deciding I didn’t really want to find that old Dear’s ring right then after all....

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Am on the "Discerning the Transmundane" quest (not connected to the main quest or Dawnguard at all) and used "Pacify" on J'Darr at Alfhand and he just quietly walked on and I continued on.

I know it's not an LOL thing, but I wanted to try it 'cause I always felt bad for killing the poor addict on other runthroughs. Things were bad enough for him.

Of course I couldn't resist raising his brother and then blasting the revenant to dust with a thunderbolt, but, hey, that's just my way of leveling up destruction and conjuration at the same time (btw: also works on Falmer! Who knew?).

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Alchemy labs and work benches now come in a handy two-in-one modular configuration. As seen at Fort Amol.
You can even make fries with it.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Ok heres one. I was playing my savior's hide assassin character (realized I never actually made her until today) and was running through the Reach when I was ambushed by two (count em two) sabres from the shadows. I quickly dispose of them only to run into reinforcements: three ice wolves. I dispose of them too and I get to see a good 30% of my health drop just like that. I turn around to see the culprit: a mammoth. Since when are mammoths in the Reach? o_O So since my level is somewhat low at this point (Lv13) this is a pretty difficult fight but I prevail anyway by the skin of my teeth. So then with all these enemies coming at me I thought to myself "What's next? A giant spider?" Guess what killed me. :sadface:

Wildroses

I have an alternate start mod called Live Another Life which will put Altmer characters in the Thalmor faction, leading to the situation of having your character periodically scream: "Fear the Thalmor!" "Bow to your master!" "On your knees!" in combat, which is especially hilarious if you are fighting a horker.

I have recently discovered being in the Thalmor faction is interesting if you decide to free a prisoner from a patrol. All three of them ignored me and focused their entire attention on the prisoner, who lasted about three seconds. I had to hit the Justiciar about four times as she said: "Hey! Watch it! I'm on your side!" before they realised I was an enemy.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I have an alternate start mod called Live Another Life which will put Altmer characters in the Thalmor faction, leading to the situation of having your character periodically scream: "Fear the Thalmor!" "Bow to your master!" "On your knees!" in combat, which is especially hilarious if you are fighting a horker.

I have recently discovered being in the Thalmor faction is interesting if you decide to free a prisoner from a patrol. All three of them ignored me and focused their entire attention on the prisoner, who lasted about three seconds. I had to hit the Justiciar about four times as she said: "Hey! Watch it! I'm on your side!" before they realised I was an enemy.
Often I come upon a Thalmor patrol, and if I get a one shot killmove cam slashing on one of the Thalmor, the others just stand around gawking at the dead one saying "Better him than me" or the always awesome "I'm going to find who's done this."

It was me. I ran him through right in front of you. Are you freaking blind?!? You were right there the whole freakin time!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I hit a bandit today with my sword..and he died. Nothing unusual there.. but then his body went all stiff and he shot up into the air like a balloon.. it was hilarious.

In the same gameplay I came across a hovering horker, three bandits attacked my Lakeview Manor house...from inside! I also had a lol moment when I beheaded a bandit on top of a mountain and her head then rolled all the way down to the bottom.

Chadonraz

Mounted combat causes all sorts of hilarious physics glitches... One time I power attacked a Forsworn with my sword, and he flew all the way across the Karth River at the speed of sound.

Polo - Skyrim edition works with many kinds of enemies, from rats and wolves to trolls and NPCs. Dragons/giants/mammoths not supported.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Just started a new dual-wield redguard character and so far so good, but a couple of weird things.

1) When I took out the "Wounded" frostbite spider in Bleak Fall Barrow, apparently I hit it so hard that it moved in to another dimension! When I made the kill shot it phased right through the floor, never to be seen again!
2) When I excited Bleak Fall Barrow and headed to Riverwood, once I'd returned the Golden Claw, I excited the store when who should appear with a mace but Orgnar! Orgnar? Really? I've never even seen him outside the Sleeping Giant Inn. I didn't even know he ever left it! Now realize that I had no crimes on my record (this one's a good guy), no bounties at all and nothing had happened in Riverwood at all recently. I had to kill him. Honestly, I didn't have a choice! When through with that, I realized that there was a fight going on down the street between a master vamp, a couple of thralls and a couple of guards (I'd already been to see Farengir and the Jarl). (BTW - no Orgnar was just Orgnar, not a thrall or a reanimate). Of course the vamp died and his thralls and the only victim was a guard, so no biggy. I didn't think too much about it so I hung around until morning (it was 3am) as I wanted to sell some stuff. When everybody came out of their homes they started attacking me too! What? I didn't want to kill them so I ran back the Whiterun. Nobody gave me a second thought until I got to Dragonsreach when, of course, everybody started to attack me. Again I ran. I just hung out in the tower up by Bleak Falls for a few days and headed back. Now everybody was okay and nobody cared? Just plain weird.

Now my question is, who is going to take care of the Sleeping Giant when Delphine gets taken away to work with the Blades again? Maybe she'll hire the drunk or one of the kids. That's all I can think. Or maybe, I've just glitched the heck out of my game.

Oh well.

Chadonraz

Did "Battle for Whiterun" (Stormcloak side)... and when we got to Dragonsreach, Lydia managed to initiate the housecarl dialogue. Up until that point I had always ran past her just because. But that's not what I found WTF and LOL worthy.

After the ensuing fight was over, well... I think it's best explained with a screenshot:

VWs9d6F.jpg

Lydia vs. Balgruuf, Irileth and oddly enough Vignar. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts