• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
about people flying in the sky....

i also got one of biggest "wow" moment when I saw a giant smack a bandit on the ground and the bandit went flying super sky high and landed dead LOL.

and i also got smacked at early game by a giant into the sky and it took a while showing me floating all over skyrim till the game reloads the last save.

Brumon The Third

Battlemage from Cyrodiil
I was exploring the west of Skyrim when TWO dragons appeared, but only one attacked me, after some minutes I killed it, the strange thing was, the second dragon was still flying on the skies around me, so, I launched a fireblast at him, it not only damaged him, how he fell to the ground with 0 of hp. One attack to kill a dragon (in level 15).....I am a god!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
As a newcomer to the Elder Scrolls series in its entirety:

1. When I first saw the in-game calendar. My reaction was something like "17th of Last Seed? That's a nice touch, not having it start on the first day of the year."

2. When the assassins first came after my character. I have no idea what triggers this or who sends them, so I generally just come up with an RP reason now. I was like "Holy crap someone wants to kill me and I have no idea who or why." (My personal thought on this matter is it's a clever way of pointing out to the first-time player that the Dark Brotherhood exists, particularly as the main quest doesn't put the player anywhere near Windhelm for a while.)

3. First random-encounter dragon. Enough said.

4. The Stormcloak Officer gear I found to be pretty sweet. It doesn't hurt that in the playthrough in which I first got the gear, I decided to "liberate Skyrim ASAP" (i.e. not do anything but the civil war questline after Mirmulnir until I'd taken Solitude), meaning it was, if not the best armor available, close to it for quite a while. It shall adorn a Hjerim mannequin.

5. When Farkas first did that thing Farkas can do on that particular Companions quest.

Kallenovsky

My biggest "wow" moment happened after delivering Sylgja's satchel of letters to her father at Darkwater Crossing. As soon as I finished the objective I heard a dragon and when I looked around there were two of them circling the area. During the battle the damn dragons kept landing in odd spots, most notably across the river on top of a hill to which all of the guards ran to to be killed one by one. The other one kept landing far away from the area, but some of the villagers ran over there too.

It took me a while, but I finally killed the first dragon (fire), but at the cost of losing all but one guard, a child and her caretaker. Sylgja's father was killed during the final moments with that first dragon. Essentially it was just the two of us against the dragon. I felt bad that I couldn't save those people.

I then remembered that there was a second dragon (ice), so I ran over to battle it despite being low on potions at the moment. I noticed when I got there that I had no health potions left. Keep in mind that these would only be my second and third dragon battles in the game at the time. It took me a while to kill the last one because I kept taking shelter behind some big boulders to regain health, which worked most of the time. Once I killed the dragon I returned to Sylgja.

[possible spoilers]I told a friend of mine what I went through later that day and he told me that Sylgja died in his game. He told me she was killed by a spider.[/possible spoilers]

Knowing that her parents had already tragically died, I decided to have my character marry her.

Another "wow" moment would be when one of the shopkeepers in Morthal sent hired thugs after me for stealing even though I had just entered the area for the first time! I don't remember her name, but I was definitely in a better mood after I killed her.

Cam22

I think probably my biggest wow moment so far has been going to the north for a quest for the Mage's College. I've always wanted to go to the arctic in RL. So in the game I stood on the edge of the ocean, looking out at the icebergs and thinking, "This is a freaking awesome sight!" Then I started running out on the ice floes and exploring, and I made some very interesting discoveries.

Ironlung888

I had an awesome wow moment today. I started a new character I'm only a level 11 right now. I been leveling up my archery and saving a perk for the eagle eye zoom once I hit level 30 archery. I was clearing Shroud Hearth Barrow and approaching level 30 when I entered a vast room with water on both sides of the path. It was poorly lit with only a little natural light trickling in from the cracks above. I walked in the cavern on the intended path suddenly two coffin lids dropped and two corpses emerged from their resting place with tattered nord rags clinging to their ancient dried skin. I pulled out my bow as I backed into the shadows that filled the cavern thick as smoke. I picked them both off with two quick well practiced shots. As their bodies fell they must have disturbed two more of the dead who rose from the grave only to meet the exact fate as their predecessors. A "domino effect" preceded to happen, and more corpses were awakened as others fell. This continued the entire path to the overlord's coffin at the end. I couldn't tell you how many of the unholy I sent back to the depths they crawled of. There were many, but their numbers did not exceed my arrows. As more were waking, further and further away I hit level 30, and the eagle eye zoom perk was mine. I used it to pick off the last few remaining skeletons and the overlord who spotted me and rushed towards me. It took four shots for him to fall. He dropped to his knee directly at my feet with his last remaining life-force. As if I would show him mercy, I did not. He would not have paid me the courtesy had the roles been reversed. An orcish arrow to his frontal lobe and I emerged from what could have been a bloody battle without a scratch on me.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Started my first game with a Dunmer today. I quickly headed to Windhelm (since I want him in the Dark Brotherhood) and went to find that racist Nord who hangs out in Candlehearth Hall. After getting slammed with a few racial slurs, I challenged him to a brawl, and I won. I talked to him afterward, and to my great surprise, he said, "Nice to see you again, friend!" Followed by, "Get out of my face, greyskin!" Ooooookay then.

mellojoe

Doing the Thieves' Guild quest to grow the guild's influence. Doing the special quest in Markath:

Found out that the head of this bandit group is a female, and one who sends proceeds of her "income" back to her dear old Da. How he knows he can't marry her off, but that he thinks she should go legit. And then after I killed a few bandits, I realized most of them in that group all had an apple or a carrot or some food item on them.

How great! Bandits who are health conscious. :)

I can totally imagine them sitting on the road side waiting for a merchant train to roll by. Reaching into a pocket, pull out an apple, mid-evening snack. And a muscly woman with a heart of gold at the center just trying to support her family back home by any means necessary.

Dovahdream

For me, the whole game has been one long wow moment so far ( Xbox UI not withstanding ) But something happened tonight that REALLY made me go ' omfg '. I was riding along on my trusty (but not too bright) steed when I spotted a glowing light in the distance which seemed to be moving so I rode over to investigate to discover that it was moving, it was in fact an eerie, glowing, spectral headless horseman galloping across the tundra. He didn't attack me or even stop when he saw me, he just carried on galloping so I thought I'd follow him and see where he was going, I followed him for about 15 mins until he stopped at the gates to Hamvir's Rest and then just vanished into thin air ! I killed the 3 skeletons that attacked me and had a good look around but all I could find was a master lvl locked chest so I have no idea who he was or what he was doing. At least now my character will have something to tell round the campfire this Halloween :D

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I stumbled across a necromancer in the wilds of the Rift last night. I saw the blue glow of his conjuration spell, but didn't see any thralls or atronachs during our entire fight. After I killed him, however, I heard the cluck of a chicken. I turned around to find two chickens hopping around plaintively, casting a dark blue glow. Ten seconds later, they both turned to dust.

The necromancer had conjured two zombie chickens to fight me.

When I realized this, I burst out laughing and went to tell my boyfriend about it. His response? "Poultrygeists."

Dovahdream

Seeing a hunter chasing after a deer with a bow, screaming his head off, "I'LL RIP YOUR HEART OUT!!!". The deer escaped out of range, and the hunter puts down his bow and quips, "hmm, must've been my imagination".

So we have a mentally ill hunter running loose in Skyrim who wants to rip out the hearts of deer that he concludes were imaginary as soon as they disappear from his line of sight. I feel safe knowing that if he ever decides I'd look good mounted over his fireplace, I can just hide behind a tree and he'll forget I ever existed.

It always made me chuckle when I was using my Ranger character with loads of stealth, I'd take a shot at a guard, stealth in the shadows and then the guard would come running around the corner WITH AN ARROW STICKING OUT THE SIDE OF HIS HEAD look for me for a few moments and then say " Hmmmm it must have been my imagination "

*facepalm*

perkecet

im on my 6th or 7th character and my biggest wow moment just happened a couple hours ago. it wasnt something incredible happening or anything but it was 100% wow as far as story-type things go.
I was finishing the dark brotherhood quests for the first time and after killing the emperor i obviously looted the heck out of his room. He has an amulet of talos in his wardrobe. idk why but i was just like 'dang thats deep'. I already personally favored the empire in the civil war but if i didnt i think that would have changed my mind. any other characters i have will be imperial supporters unless im role playing and being a stormcloak is part of that.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS. I killed a giant last night with my LEVEL 12 MAGE.

I was heading back to Whiterun and came upon a lone giant crossing a little bridge, and felt cocky enough with my awesome pyromancer skills to attack him - even though I haven't been able to bring down giants until at least level 25 in my other games. I conjured a flame atronach and started sending firebolts at him in between sprinting away so he couldn't club me.

We got his health down a third when who should show up but a HIRED THUG sent to kill me. So now my weak little level 12 mage is fighting off both a giant AND a thug wielding a two-handed warhammer. With the help of many health and magicka potions, I managed to take down the thug, and then returned my focus to the giant. When I sprinted under the bridge he'd been crossing when I first attacked him, I realized that he was too big to follow me under, so I pumped firebolts at him from that little hiding spot, jumping out every now and then to lure him back over to me.

The entire thing probably took fifteen real-time minutes. It was intense. But damn, I felt like I won the gold medal in the Olympics when I finally stood over that giant's corpse. Definitely a WOW moment for me!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I was finishing the dark brotherhood quests for the first time and after killing the emperor i obviously looted the heck out of his room. He has an amulet of talos in his wardrobe.

Whoa! I didn't see that when I killed the Emporer. What a shocking little twist!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I just had another "wow" moment today:

Playing through "The Forsworn Conspiracy/No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" - as a Breton Stormcloak. So much opportunity to roleplay.

Train

Is that all you got?!
"wow" moment? Hmmm.... well, I was simultaneously attacked by two Elder dragons once (Master difficulty), and it just so happened that a giant waded into the fight. I managed to keep from hitting the giant the whole time and both of us barely survived. I was going to kill the giant afterwards just for the exp., but then a group of bandits charged us when the dragons were finally dead and he sent a few of those into orbit as I dealt with the stragglers. I couldn't kill it, once that happened I felt like we were friends, I nicknamed the giant "Smash", then we went our seperate ways... I miss that big fella'...

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I was sneaking threw a bandit camp with my bow. Snuck up behind a bandit and shot him in the back of the head. I was a lower lvl. so only took about 1/4 of his life. I herd him say "Is someone there?" After searching for me for a few min. I hear him mudder. "Huh, must have been nothing..." With an arrow sticking out of his head! Then, i shot him again, and the same words came out! Finaly after the third arrow he actually detected me, and i finished him off with my dagger. It was just hilarious hearing him say "Must have been nothing" with 2 arrows sticking in his dome. Classic!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Two wow moments already this morning.

I was collecting Marks of Dibella from Haelga's various male consorts in Riften, after being asked to by her niece, Svana. I went into the Bee and Barb to find Bolli, who was sitting at a table with a mug of mead. I asked him for the Mark of Dibella, and he denied ever cheating on his wife. So I threatened him, and then he caved, saying that he didn't mean to do it and that Haelga must have slipped something into his drink. At this point, I look over to my left, and who should be sitting across the table from Bolli but Haelga! So, he's trying to convince me that he didn't mean to have an affair with a woman who he's currently sharing a drink at the pub with. Yeeeeeah...

A little later, I went back to Haelga's Bunkhouse to tell Svana that I'd collected all of the Marks of Dibella. The place was just as busy as the Bee and Barb, being late in the evening now. Grelka was there, and, despite not talking to her at all, she spewed her regular BS at me - "Can't you bother me at the stall like everyone else?" and "Come back when you're ready to spend more gold!" I decided right then and there that I wasn't going to take her crap anymore - she was going to die. I waited until everyone went upstairs, and then followed Grelka up to her bed. Since I'm playing a pure mage and couldn't one-shot her with a dagger, I conjured a flame atronach, hit Grelka with a firebolt, and ran for it before anyone knew it came from me - hoping that my atronach would take care of the rest. Unfortunately, it didn't, I assume since Grelka wasn't hostile towards me. In fact, Grelka thought Wujeeta had cast the firebolt, and attacked her! She killed Wujeeta pretty quickly, and then moved on to Svana, who had joined the fight, and killed her, too. Grelka was finally taken down by the double-team of Tythis Ulen and Haelga. The entire time, I just stood there and watched, enthralled. I've never seen NPCs battle each other like that. It was awesome.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts