• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Killed a Dragon on my Bosmer, was gloating going "THAT'S RIGHT YOU MESSED WITH THE WRONG WOOD ELF" turn around walk about 4 steps and elder dragon lands right infront of me, I bet my character did the same thing I did "Oh plops" got to say two words before I was in it's mouth being thrown around. Not exactly a wow moment more like a "Oh plops" moment.

perkecet

i ran into another thing which REALLY got me the other day. im sure everyone remembers ralof talking bout his sweetie who makes mead with juniper berries. well i was making my way through helgen later in the game, and inside the building that you jump into from the tower right at the beginning is an item "Mead with Juniper Berries". its just regular mead as far as the game is concered, looks like same worth the same does the same. but thats just another example of something that they didnt need to do. if it wasnt there nobody would complain about it, but they made it anyway.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Sneaking near a Giant camp and a Mammoth falls out of the sky and lands on you. I've heard of it happening, but never saw it up close or should I say, in your face up close.

Train

Is that all you got?!
i ran into another thing which REALLY got me the other day. im sure everyone remembers ralof talking bout his sweetie who makes mead with juniper berries. well i was making my way through helgen later in the game, and inside the building that you jump into from the tower right at the beginning is an item "Mead with Juniper Berries". its just regular mead as far as the game is concered, looks like same worth the same does the same. but thats just another example of something that they didnt need to do. if it wasnt there nobody would complain about it, but they made it anyway.

That's awesome, I remember finding that myself, but didn't think anything of it, I just thought it was weird because I hadn't seen mead called that before and thought it might be part of a quest or something...now I know what it is, thanks for explaining that, mystery solved. Since I don't play the opening scene much at all and just start over from first save as a prisoner (and never save over that one), I had completely forgotten about the juniper berry mead seeing as how I've only heard Ralof talk about that a couple times at most.

Just one more reason to love Bethesda!

OniGlalie

I'm playing with a mod called "Intense difficulty", which instead of x4 in Master, it is x8.
So basically, for an assassin like me, 2-3 hits and I'm done, but I one shot them anyway.

I was hidden near some Forsworn camp, and as always, I wanted to kill all of them, for fun. So I got behind a rock, drawn my bow and searched for the best target to shoot at.

So finally, I localize the leader, aaaaaaand....shoot!
The rock had a one meter invisible wall, it bounced back, and EVERYONE saw me, and of course spammed me with arrows and spells. I died in less than 5 seconds.

Worst part of this story is that, I hadn't saved for an hour, and lost everything because of a fluffING INVISIBLE MAGIC TROLLING WALL!!!!

Definitely either when I was talking to an NPC (can't remember which one) and he said "Only the gods can judge me", I immediately thought it was 2Pac reference. Or when I got the Dark Brotherhood's Mysterious Note (We Know)... 'Tis was the only time I actually felt like what I was doing in Skyrim mattered and/or made a difference. When you stop playing a game like Mass Effect 3 and switch over to Skyrim it's hard not-to-notice the lack of... Influence that you have. Skyrim is way better though!!!

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

hmmm that's a tricky one. mine would have to be when i traveled to blackreach. I really wish that i could build a house there!

UltimateRussian

Rich Thane of Solitude
My "wow" moment was when I had defeated the Gauldersons. They were freakin' hard and I had to drink a few potions and be badass. I almost got screwed up by the thralls and the melee guy. The 2 other guys weren't so hard. At the end, I almost expected that priest vision thing to fight me. But something big had happened and I had an epic gaulder amulet.

My other "wow" moment was when I decided to hunt giants and mammoths. Suddenly, DOVAH! I was getting matched by a dragon and a giant and his big woollies. And, imperial soldiers were scouting and they help me. But I was still like, WOAH, OMG, a challenge! And I somehow defeated the woollies and giants and the dovah that decided I was harmless to it.

RockAndBaguette

My first Ancient Dragon. I got cocky as the usual ones are dead in about 2 minutes, so I stood there out in the open firing arrows like I usually do. Dead in about 30 seconds! Luckily it autosaved, and it took me longer than it should to realize this was not a normal dragon. So after an intense battle, with hide and seek arrows, I finally killed the damn thing, as it seemed distracted. Lo and behold, a big stupid troll, depleted of arrows, I had to fend this thing off with magic and rubbish swords I had collected. Ran to the hills only to be set upon by bandits. Leave me alone! Lol.

I am walking down a road at night, when I see a giant casually strolling toward me. This is pretty odd, I have never met a giant under these conditions, so I think "maybe he is a civilized giant and he will just nod and pass by". Alas, no: he charges at me clearly intending to launch me into space. I frantically hit him with a shout, a fireball and prepare to use my poisoned orchish blade when: a mammoth falls out of the sky right on top of him! The mammoth dies and the giant is so injured I have no difficulty finishing him off.
For Douglas Adams fans, there's were no potted plants involved.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I was doing a new, more-or-less fully roleplayed character and needed to take him to Riften rather quickly. So I was in Riften wearing clothes taken from the dresser in the extremely lavish Riften Jail and with less than 100 gold in my pocket, and Brynjolf runs up to me for the initial meeting. He notices I don't have that much money and responds accordingly. (I'm not sure if it's purely based on the amount of gold you have, the value of whatever it is you're wearing, the value of all your gold + whatever it is you're wearing, or your character's entire "net worth" so to speak.)

Mjolnir

The other day I was sneak-attacking bandits outside a mine with my bow. Most of them fell with a single arrow but I hit a stronger one which detected me and started charging towards me. After one or two more arrows he started to retreat. He was a good distance away when I shot a final arrow which caught him in the shoulder and killed him; it was also a kill-cam.

It 'wowed' me because it was my first bow kill-cam and he was such a distance away that I didn't expect to get him.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
When I realized Elenwen has the same voice as Knight-Commander Meredith from Dragon Age 2.

i have a couple wow moments like when i was doing the molag bal deadric quest and u go into the house where his miny shrine is and all the stuff in the house started to levitate and things were thrown across the room that amazed because it reminded me of the exorcists movies where stuff would move on its own

also and when you help out that kid and kill the bitchy orphange lady and i thought it was just a go and kill her i didnt think it would lead to something bigger and like 3 days later i got a letter with the black hand and it said we know and i was like holy plops am i going to get hunted down i was just like wow this is abit intense

and when u join the companions i thought it was going to be like the fighters guild instead being transformed into a werewolf i was like WOW IM A WEREWOLF COOL

and there are alot more i could say but yea takes too long ;)

mLaNo96

mine came when it was a really good day with the sun out and i was on my way to Markarth and stopped to look at the view and it was a bloody brilliant view i could see for miles it was amazing

Gowsh

Old Fart
My biggest WOW was the shortly into the game at the dragon attack on Whiterun tower. I haven't played a video game in a couple of years, so I'm in awe constantly using my new 40" HD tv set. I also can't use the controller worth a crap yet, nor am I 100% sure what I'm seeing on the screen..

I run with the NPCs to the battle site. It's a very dark night and I wander around pretty much aimlessly trying to find the darned dragon. Well, just when I'm ready to give up, guess what?

The ground shakes and, at point blank range, I'm facing the dragon. I try to draw my greatsword, but get flustered and accidentally hit the 3rd person button. I now watch from behind as the dragon lets go with a fire breath right in my face. The fire blasts my character, who I figure is a lost cause now. The flames wrap around him like the acetylene flames wrap around a soldering joint, including appropriate sound effects. My health bar drops precipitously, but doesn't empty. I finally get my sword out and start whacking. Shortly, the dragon dies. I feel drained. Whew!

My minor wow was again a dragon fight. Things are going OK, but then Frost the horse decides to bail me out. I see the dragon pick up Frost in its mouth and start shaking it. I'm kind of partial to the horse, so I lay in a couple power attacks and the dovah drops. Frost is (somehow) standing beside me and all's right with the world.

Best.

PS - Frost bought the farm in a battle with 2 dragons simultaneously a few games days later. So it goes.

KITTEH

Khajiit
I did the same, but just saved the game and jumped then laughed as my dead body got tossed all the way down! (Console)

Another wow moment: I was trying to make it to Ivangard (or w/e it is) and instead of following the path, I decided (Well.. more like was forced to by 2 giants who were chasing me for 20 mins) to run up the mountain, like rock climbing.. My "wow" moment was when I could make it all the way up, like.. it's a lot of work to make that enter-able, let alone look / function well while you do so!

I love water falling on console but the downside is I don't save and end up getting stuck in a rock fighting an elder dragon while Odvahing refuses to come save me.