• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sven

Real-life Nord
I die laughing when people/draugr get themselves killed by traps.

I have a deadly traps mod,traps drain 3/4 of my health when they hit me,for any other it is a sure insta-kill.

Funny plops.Not so funny for non-essential companions.

David Graham

Would you share your little "wow" or "omg really?" or "holy crud that was cool" moments with the rest of us? All those tiny things that go into making this a supremely amazing and deep game.

I had one just recently, something small that knocked my socks off. I was getting into a carriage, and the driver, as part of idle chat, appropriately referenced the weather. An NPC. Noticed the weather. And mentioned it. DUDE.

I know, dumb nothing, but things like that are startling and incredible because of the depth they add to the game.

How 'bout you?
I think the biggest ''wow'' moment for me was when I leveled up for the first time and I saw the background behind the skill trees and I was like...omg... =) btw im very new to formuns in general

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Would you share your little "wow" or "omg really?" or "holy crud that was cool" moments with the rest of us? All those tiny things that go into making this a supremely amazing and deep game.

I had one just recently, something small that knocked my socks off. I was getting into a carriage, and the driver, as part of idle chat, appropriately referenced the weather. An NPC. Noticed the weather. And mentioned it. DUDE.

I know, dumb nothing, but things like that are startling and incredible because of the depth they add to the game.

How 'bout you?
I think the biggest ''wow'' moment for me was when I leveled up for the first time and I saw the background behind the skill trees and I was like...omg... =) btw im very new to formuns in general

Welcome to the Forum :)

DarthPOP

got a few:

-another awesome river moment was bow hunting a deer. it started to swim across the big part upstream from riverwood and when it got to the other side some wolf came out of nowhere and ganked it

something similar happened to me accept this one kinda scared the crap out of me: i was walking around thinkin "lahdee da da" when i got jumped by a group of bandits. Not fealing like dealing with them i kinda just summoned ohdaving and took out a iron dagger... in first person not seeing anything but this bandit and his axe i just stood there all of the sudden out of nowhere my pet dragon just lands down, i fall on the ground, and when i get back up i see ohdaving flying a way with a specific bandit in his mouth... lol

DarthPOP

My favorite view in this game is in the near end main quest of dawnguard (either side still gets you here) not gonna spoil it but when you enter a cave and serana keeps yelling at you that your friend is an idiot and then she comes to the end of the cave and even the NPCs at this part are awestruck lol

Chadonraz

I'm in the middle of "Season Unending", and currently heading back to HH. Even though I've done this quest several times, I've never seen Ulfric and Galmar immediately leaving Windhelm. They left the Palace so quickly that I hadn't had the time to take a single step from the door. :eek:
Maybe I should walk up to HH with them (so that everything that attacks me attacks them as well). :p

As an early developing battlemage, I notice how Otar's mask would be pretty useful. As a Level 6, I acknowledge his status as Level 50, but go anyway out of curiosity. Take Lydia, give her a Steel Battleaxe, and we plow through his band of Draugr Wights. Now I'm feeling awfully confident. I save before I open his sarcophagus, got my healing potions ready, and I'm prepared to fight!

Lydia and I got slaughtered with less than a minute into the fight. Kept replaying it, same result.

Sparky04

My first real wow moment was when I went into part of a cave and kicked up dust. I thought that was a really cool effect.

Lucid

The first time Tsun sent me back to the throat of the world, and there were dragons flying all over the place. I just spun the view around, and I think I actually said "wow". Every time I go through that I think about how cool it was the first time.

Zanaif

So I'm a fairly low level rogue at this point, (it was a while ago), and Lydia and I are clearing out a bandit tower. Everything goes as planned and I finish off what I thought was the last bandit before getting hit in the back with an arrow. I turn, and on top of the tower there is an archer I apparently missed, drawing his bow for the shot that would have killed me. As soon as he was about to fire the arrow he suddenly and inexplicably comes flying off of the tower to land dead at my feet. I look up, and Lydia is just staring down at me as if to say, 'your welcome'. I guess housecarls aren't useless after all!

And of course there was the first random dragon encounter which spanned from some farms in the middle of nowhere to whitrun, and ended with me getting a dual axe kill animation. I felt so badass after that.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Running past the farms outside Whiterun with the companions and a dragon attacks. The companions take off leaving me and two Whiterun guards to deal with the dragon. While I am peppering it with arrows, one of the guards jumps onto its head, and totally does an epic kill cam shot on it, looking like a total BADASS. Then he jumps off and calmly walks off back to Whiterun.. leaving me standing there thinking.."<3I love you!!!<3"

Zanaif

Running past the farms outside Whiterun with the companions and a dragon attacks. The companions take off leaving me and two Whiterun guards to deal with the dragon. While I am peppering it with arrows, one of the guards jumps onto its head, and totally does an epic kill cam shot on it, looking like a total BADASS. Then he jumps off and calmly walks off back to Whiterun.. leaving me standing there thinking.."<3I love you!!!<3"

Guards are indeed the unsung heroes of Skyrim; They don't get to bend the laws of physics to their will with a simple shout, or to become nearly invisible dealers of death, nor are they able to craft epic armor and become walking juggernauts. All they have is a simple sword and shield and armour that can barely stop skeever bites, yet they charge dragons without a second thought to protect their cities. Any person who does that in the name of a job that probably pays only slightly more than the Skyrim equivalent of minimum wage is indeed a certifiable badass.

frost_troll

Not so much a 'wow' in a good way but a 'oh my god wooooww :mad:' moment. When I was walking down from getting the notched pickaxe, two blood dragons and a snow bear came out of nowhere and pounded me till I was weeping for health. I didn't even believe my own eyes. But I did manage to escape by using become ethereal and jumping down the mountain.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
My biggest wow moment was seeing the glory of Sovngarde. The sky, music and Alduin's mist made it just what it's supposed to be: something not of this world.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
My biggest wow moment was seeing the glory of Sovngarde. The sky, music and Alduin's mist made it just what it's supposed to be: something not of this world.
Indeed that was cool.

How many times do you get a chance to drink with Ysgramor and Olaf One-Eye?

TESV2013-12-2119-30-22-89.jpg

One of my funny wow moments was sacrificing Lydia to power up the Ebony Blade...

Hey, she said she was sworn to carry my burdens so what of it? How dare you judge me.

Xizziano

my moment is the slow motion arrow headshot when they are so far away you can see them enough wihile zoomed in, i love the slow motion arrow kills... each and everyone

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Xizziano

Indeed that was cool.

One of my funny wow moments was sacrificing Lydia to power up the Ebony Blade...

Hey, she said she was sworn to carry my burdens so what of it? How dare you judge me.

What is that two handed Katana? theres somethin like it in TES:Oblivion

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Indeed that was cool.

What is that two handed Katana? theres somethin like it in TES:Oblivion

It's a mod I found that is ichigo's sword in the anime Bleach. It's actually 1-handed, but naturally long plus I scaled it up slightly. There was an Oblivion sword that looked similar, I don't remember the name tho.

I liked the uniqueness of the black sword. Researching the lore involved with the Redguard/Yokudan people, and in particular the Ansei warriors, it was pretty obvious that most of it is based quite directly on samurai era Japan. Considering the deeply personal and almost supernatural/spiritual ties between a samurai and their sword, I wanted something that was somewhat individual to represent that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts