• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RockBoyEmy

Speaking of which, this is the view I got earlier tonight.

TESV2013-12-1021-05-28-38.png
Hahahaaa, where do you live?

Sent from my cool N4 powered by PA 4.0 and FK

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Hahahaaa, where do you live?

In reality, Atlanta GA

In the game I split time between Jorrvarskr and Lakeview which I pimped out into something of a compound.

lakeview.png

The aurora pic was somewhere around Kynesgrove

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Oh, wait, sorry. It didn't load the images at first, so I thought you were talking about a real aurora next to where you live :p

The night sky views in Skyrim always make me think of this guy's time-lapse video he took from quite possibly the most amazingly beautiful place on the planet, El Tiede in the Spanish island of Tenerife. I'm not typically an overwhelmingly emotional person, but this video absolutely blows me away every time I watch it. The universe puts on a show for us every night.

You can literally see your path through the Milky Way. The Ludovico Einaudi piece, "Nuvole Bianche" backing it couldn't have been any more fitting for the video either.

AJK

I had a pretty cool moment last night. I was all alone, and had the volume turned up a little louder than usual. I had just left Proudspire Manor and was wandering around and moving the view around when suddenly I heard a noise. I looked around for a second, looked down, and realized that it was a sewer drain. I had never seen one in a city before, and it made total sense that it would be in arguably the most "modern" city, Solitude.

RockBoyEmy

The night sky views in Skyrim always make me think of this guy's time-lapse video he took from quite possibly the most amazingly beautiful place on the planet, El Tiede in the Spanish island of Tenerife. I'm not typically an overwhelmingly emotional person, but this video absolutely blows me away every time I watch it. The universe puts on a show for us every night.

You can literally see your path through the Milky Way. The Ludovico Einaudi piece, "Nuvole Bianche" backing it couldn't have been any more fitting for the video either.
You are kidding me.....
I mean those images were just.... Almost unreal! Ok, most of them are let's say "normal" landscapes. But to be honest, I would never say that it is possible to have such a strong view of the milky way from Earth. I mean, look at minutes 0.30 or 1.40...It's sooo strong, stars and the nebulosa. It seems like it's the sky of another planet, or actually not even seen from a planet but just being there, in the middle of the.... Something and watching the "universe panorama".
Thank you for this video, it was just outstanding
(yes, I am quite a strongly emotional person sometimes :p
And living in italy for almost 9 years now, I can say that yes, Einaudi's song is just perfect)

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

[video]

You are kidding me.....
I mean those images were just.... Almost unreal! Ok, most of them are let's say "normal" landscapes. But to be honest, I would never say that it is possible to have such a strong view of the milky way from Earth. I mean, look at minutes 0.30 or 1.40...It's sooo strong, stars and the nebulosa. It seems like it's the sky of another planet, or actually not even seen from a planet but just being there, in the middle of the.... Something and watching the "universe panorama".
Thank you for this video, it was just outstanding
(yes, I am quite a strongly emotional person sometimes :p
And living in italy for almost 9 years now, I can say that yes, Einaudi's song is just perfect)
The video was over a month's worth of time lapse photographs put together. That location is site of one of the best observatories in the world, for obvious reasons. Some of the other Earth-based photography was amazing. I like how you can see the clouds in motion just like the water they actually are. Looks tide the tide rolling in. Also the segment around 0:38, that orange-yellow glow you see isn't a sunrise or sunset like it might appear, it's the light of the sun shining through the upper levels of a massive Sahara Desert sandstorm.

It makes you feel about a centimeter tall doesn't it?

RockBoyEmy

The video was over a month's worth of time lapse photographs put together. That location is site of one of the best observatories in the world, for obvious reasons. Some of the other Earth-based photography was amazing. I like how you can see the clouds in motion just like the water they actually are. Looks tide the tide rolling in. Also the segment around 0:38, that orange-yellow glow you see isn't a sunrise or sunset like it might appear, it's the light of the sun shining through the upper levels of a massive Sahara Desert sandstorm.

It makes you feel about a centimeter tall doesn't it?
Damn... It's just breathtaking..

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I encountered my first Serpentine Dragon today. They are supposed to appear at level 58 and I am only level 54. I don't know whether playing on master makes a difference but anyway...It was guarding the first "Bend Will" word wall you seek in Solstheim and helped me fight off a whole bunch of Deathlords, before I had to put it down. Then stinky old Miraak showed up and did his thing.. GGRR..

Also encountered an Elder dragon curled up asleep in it's burial mound, before I disturbed it and it got cranky with me.

Bring on the Revered Dragons!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I encountered my first Serpentine Dragon today. They are supposed to appear at level 58 and I am only level 54. I don't know whether playing on master makes a difference but anyway...It was guarding the first "Bend Will" word wall you seek in Solstheim and helped me fight off a whole bunch of Deathlords, before I had to put it down. Then stinky old Miraak showed up and did his thing.. GGRR..

Also encountered an Elder dragon curled up asleep in it's burial mound, before I disturbed it and it got cranky with me.

A quote from Uesp Dragons page:

"The sections below detail the attributes and abilities of each of the various types of dragons. The types of dragons that spawn in the wild will depend on your level, but regardless of your level, dragons' combat abilities and their centrality to the game's plot effectively make them game bosses. Note that although the different varieties of dragon normally start to appear at the player level indicated, it is possible, though rare, to encounter a more powerful dragon at a much lower level"

I remember reading about it a couple months ago

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

A quote from Uesp Dragons page:

"The sections below detail the attributes and abilities of each of the various types of dragons. The types of dragons that spawn in the wild will depend on your level, but regardless of your level, dragons' combat abilities and their centrality to the game's plot effectively make them game bosses. Note that although the different varieties of dragon normally start to appear at the player level indicated, it is possible, though rare, to encounter a more powerful dragon at a much lower level"

I remember reading about it a couple months ago

I feel so special :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I finally encountered Werebears! My last two playthroughs I looked for them everywhere and today I came upon them attacking some horkers. They weren't as tough as I thought they would be. Not scary at all, more like fluffy teddy bears..lol. and then I came across Torkild just up the path from the others.

Not really a Wow moment but I also got my first beheading, from a pirate chief. I was ever so delighted to see my head rolling into the ocean...not!

Chadonraz

I've been playing Skyrim for over a year now. Yet, only yesterday did I discover you can aim Throw Voice pretty darn precisely. And that it won't work if you're aiming at water. :eek:

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
my moment is the slow motion arrow headshot when they are so far away you can see them enough wihile zoomed in, i love the slow motion arrow kills... each and everyone

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
so you like slow motion arrows I hate them only when the arrow goes into slow motion.......then misses the target

Tryn

Premium Member
Gotta love the effects of shooting a blessed arrow into the sun with Arial's bow. That's awesome. One of many other things I always marvel at is how uniquely each different spell appears in your hand and as you cast it. Beautifully done.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
my moment is the slow motion arrow headshot when they are so far away you can see them enough wihile zoomed in, i love the slow motion arrow kills... each and everyone

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
so you like slow motion arrows I hate them only when the arrow goes into slow motion.......then misses the target
When that happens I always feel it's slow motion taunting me.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Messing around with an old save, I reload my initial trip into Solitude to see if I could save Roggvir for the hell of it.

After two attempts at stopping the execution just to have him die anyway when a city guard breathed on him lightly, the third time it worked and he ran free and was untouched and ran off w/o dying. About a minute and a half later I come around a corner and he's being eaten during a vampire attack.

And I thought I had bad luck sometimes.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Super potion forged a longbow to do something in the neighborhood of 150k damage. Named it "Just in Case Annoying Dragon Kills my NPCs". Turned the difficulty to legendary. Legendary Dragon attacks Riverwood. Put on superstealth gear and become invisible. Wait for dragon to land on a roof. Shoot the dragon with the OP bow with a three times sneak attack bonus. Dragon only loses a fourth of its hp bar.

Me: Oh shi-.... *dead*

That about sums it up for me.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Super potion forged a longbow to do something in the neighborhood of 150k damage. Named it "Just in Case Annoying Dragon Kills my NPCs". Turned the difficulty to legendary. Legendary Dragon attacks Riverwood. Put on superstealth gear and become invisible. Wait for dragon to land on a roof. Shoot the dragon with the OP bow with a three times sneak attack bonus. Dragon only loses a fourth of its hp bar.

Me: Oh shi-.... *dead*

That about sums it up for me.
In some alternate reality, the arrow you shot probably went through the dragon and right into a "wow, this is great, I can't believe I finally escaped death in Solitude after 6 attempts" Roggvir who just happened to bend over to lace a boot in just the most inopportune location and moment and got the OP arrow right through the head.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
In some alternate reality, the arrow you shot probably went through the dragon and right into a "wow, this is great, I can't believe I finally escaped death in Solitude after 6 attempts" Roggvir who just happened to bend over to lace a boot in just the most inopportune location and moment and got the OP arrow right through the head.
Alternate reality? Nah. It really happened. That is definitely how it went down. In other news, that dragon is what made me rage quit Legendary Difficulty because it was impossible to out skill most enemies that had Kill Cam animations. That dragon ate my as* so many times... I finally decided enough was enough and got out my back-up gloves, labeled "Only in case of Emergency" and let my rage fly as I pounded that freaking lizard into submission. Regrettably I didn't get the last laugh. I killed him only to forget to watch my HP. I'm sitting there celebrating and the drain life combined with the dragon's last breath of fire killed me. After that... oh I took Steve Wozniack's advice to heart after that. It turns out my Xbox could fit through a window, so I decided to spare it against my better judgement.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts