• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DragonSlayer798

A Blade In The Shadows
Nah just kidding i was in werewolf form roaming around fort Amol and i saw a line of bandits i walked behind the last guy casualy and he didnt even know i was there and i was laughing my ass off and after 5 mins i took a swing at that guy and he just went flying off the cliff then after that i brutaly killed the others IT WAS FREAKING HILARIOUS I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!

epic 2624

Would you share your little "wow" or "omg really?" or "holy crud that was cool" moments with the rest of us? All those tiny things that go into making this a supremely amazing and deep game.

I had one just recently, something small that knocked my socks off. I was getting into a carriage, and the driver, as part of idle chat, appropriately referenced the weather. An NPC. Noticed the weather. And mentioned it. DUDE.

I know, dumb nothing, but things like that are startling and incredible because of the depth they add to the game.

How 'bout you?
i got attacked by two elder dragons at once at level 32 on adept. i was like wtf they o that for?

Ghost town

One night, I'm walking down off a mountain and I can hear something approaching behind me. I thought it was going to be a wolf or a troll. It was a dragon crawling after me. Scared me pretty good. I didn't hear it land and it didn't scream until the fight started. If it was a glitch, it was the best one I've ever seen.

epic 2624

One night, I'm walking down off a mountain and I can hear something approaching behind me. I thought it was going to be a wolf or a troll. It was a dragon crawling after me. Scared me pretty good. I didn't hear it land and it didn't scream until the fight started. If it was a glitch, it was the best one I've ever seen.
i think my game glitched out once because the dragon i was fighting once had full health but it kept crawling on the ground. i just ran away from it because i wasn't strong enough to fight. lol

mellojoe

So ... I yelled for my wife the other day while she was cooking dinner. She came running back to my office and I had to announce:

"2 dragons at once! I AM TRULY DOVAHKIIN!"

She just smiled and went back to the kitchen. It was truly an epic moment. On a million levels.

RedVideo

His Excellency
Getting a great kill-cam when I polished of a dragon in the middle of Riverwood. I climbed on her neck and crushed her head with a two handed axe. Beautiful. The dragon killed Alvor and his wife Sigrid, leaving their daughter an orphan and the town without a blacksmith.

First look at Dwemer ruins. Epic!

All quests are turned off and I'm just taking a walk-about in the south. I take a shortcut through Helgen (which I have revisited once or twice already) I hear a noise and duck into the shadows to see whats coming. Sounds like a brutal fight and ends with a scream. Then footsteps. Then a werewolf stalks by, peers in my direction, but keeps on going. I was too surprised to do anything but watch him walk off.

Just over-ran a Stormcloak fort for the Imperials. A couple Stormcloaks escaped and are running down the road. I pull back an arrow and even with eagle-eye he's just a speck and I still picked him off. My kid jumps off the couch to high five me.

Malborn, my partner in spying on the Thalmors has been taken prisoner. My kid says I cant save him but I step out of hiding with my bow. Malborn makes a break for it straight towards me. The Thalmor raises a sword to take him down. All in slow motion, I fire right over Malborn's shoulder and pick off the Thalmor who is almost completely behind him. Yeah, I saved him. Of course as soon as we got out of there a dragon attacked and he was a casualty.

A dragon attacked Dawnstar. No biggie, an easy kill for a dragon. Later I go over to Rustleif the blacksmith's place and I find his wife, Seren, dead and he is no where around. He did survive, but now whenever I visit him all he ever does is kneel by the body of his dead wife, stroking her. He's as friendly as ever when I talk to him, but it breaks my heart to see him like this.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
This just happened earlier. I'm walking the from Whiterun to Riverwood, and a giant casually strolls down the road in the opposite direction, herding not a mammoth, but a tattooed cow. This is a threefold wow:

1. I've never seen a giant walking on a road before. And he didn't just happen to cross it by accident, he was following the direction of the road with purpose.

2. He came within inches of me as we crossed each other, and it didn't bother him. He was completely calm. Never saw that happen before, either.

3. TATTOOED COW. It had tribal-looking swirly designs in purplish-black painted all over its body. The hell? Also, why is a giant herding a puny little cow to begin with? He got really angry and came after me when I shot the cow with an arrow, so it definitely was his cow.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
You can occasionally come across a farmer leading a painted cow. If you stop him and talk to him, he will explain that it is an offering to the giants so that both parties understand each other. The farmers couldn't defend themselves against a giant destroying their farm and raiding all their crops and animals, so a cow with the markings to show it is an offering is their way of keeping giants happy and away from them.

I usually find the farmer leading a cow in Labryinthian, and found one once on the road between Whiterun and Rorikstead.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
I saw the same cow being herded by a regular ole' farmer, which now that i think about it is pretty weird too.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
You can occasionally come across a farmer leading a painted cow. If you stop him and talk to him, he will explain that it is an offering to the giants so that both parties understand each other. The farmers couldn't defend themselves against a giant destroying their farm and raiding all their crops and animals, so a cow with the markings to show it is an offering is their way of keeping giants happy and away from them.

Ah, mystery solved! Thank you!

bananban

My first wow moment was looking at the scenery the second I stepped out of the Helgen Keep and into the world of Skyrim. The sunset over a lake and mountains was jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

Action-wise, my first wow moment was when I was about level 9 and a Whiterun guard told me he saw a dragon headed toward Shearpoint. Being quite proud of myself for having already killed a couple dragons already, I headed up there immediately. I was blown to bits by Krosis in seconds.

loveduck

First wow moment was looking up and seeing the sky. Dark clouds with rainbow light shining through them. Beautiful.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
There's a bounty out for the bandit chief at Valtheim Towers, so I head up there to take him out. I shoot an arrow at a guard up on the bridge, but it misses and sails past, down into the river below. I sneak into hiding, but after a few seconds, I hear, "There you are!" I spin around, expecting a full-on assault, but... there's nobody there. Stranger yet, my sneak-sensor has closed, and I'm hidden. I round the base of the tower and look up to see several guards on the bridge, shooting arrows down to the river. Across the river, an elk is running crazily back and forth, evading the arrows and the guard that's chasing it on foot. My conclusion: the guards believed my arrow had been fired by the elk.

...WOW.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Sorry for back-to-back posts, but I have another wow.

I've just finished killing a dragon, and I start heading down the mountain he was nesting on. A few minutes later, a Snowy Sabre Cat jumps on me, killing me in two swipes. Reload, and I'm back on the mountain next to the dragon skeleton. A few minutes down and I come across two giants and two mammoths; I'm careful to give them a wide berth so they don't get angry, but wait! There's a group of four bandits attacking the giants! I help kill the bandits, but the giants must have gotten confused in the battle, and are now coming after me. They quickly kill me. Reload. Three spriggans surround me. I'm dead. Reload. Two ice wraiths pop out of nowhere, and I MANAGE TO KILL THEM. A few minutes after that, I'm stopped by three "soldiers" demanding I pay a $100 "toll fee" (with three dead and naked Imperial soldiers lying in the snow behind them). Because I am a bloody fool, I take them on. The Orc "soldier" kills me in two shots with a battleaxe. Reload. Get back to where the "soldiers" are. Sneak up to a cliff above them and start raining arrows down. They find me, and I manage to take out one before the Orc gets me again.

This all happened to my lowly level 13 Bosmer, by the way.

I don't think I've ever had an unluckier day in Skyrim.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Seeing a hunter chasing after a deer with a bow, screaming his head off, "I'LL RIP YOUR HEART OUT!!!". The deer escaped out of range, and the hunter puts down his bow and quips, "hmm, must've been my imagination".

So we have a mentally ill hunter running loose in Skyrim who wants to rip out the hearts of deer that he concludes were imaginary as soon as they disappear from his line of sight. I feel safe knowing that if he ever decides I'd look good mounted over his fireplace, I can just hide behind a tree and he'll forget I ever existed.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I had just gotten the quest in whitefun to go kill ur first dragon. On my way across the farms to the tower, another dragon appears out of no were and lands in front of me. A farmer was standing about 3 feet away from were he landed. When he touched down, the farmer went flying into the air and sailed out of my view range. wow... I killed him, regained my straigth, and ran over to the tower and killed the quest dragon. So i guess as soon as this quest starts, dragons can start to randomly spawn. And the farmer glitch was sweet too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts