• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Yea, the graphics and attention to small details are awesome, but it was the battle sim that made my jaw drop. Playing Oblivion, the most enemies I remember at once was around 8. In the last room during second Companion quest, me and Farkas killed AT LEAST 70 draugr with close to 2 dozen fighting at once. I wasn't sure if it was a glitch that had so many charging, but it was insane.

zanza

Had one really, really, really "wow" moment - fought my third or fourth dragon, and nearly died - had like 20 hp left, and then all over sudden the dragon tried to land and got attacked by 2 giants that slayed him. And I was like "Wtf?" - still no clue why they did so, maybe the dragon stole some of their cheese or so :D

Skyrimosity

Level 11. Fought 3 random dragons. All near Fort Greymoor for some strange reason. Not when I walked from Whiterun to Winterhold, but from Whiterun to Fort Greymoor. My wow moment was seeing my horse heroically charge a dragon. Long Story short, I had to steal another horse.

VictoireXII

Crazed Skyrim Photographer
I came across a Blood Dragon attacking outside of Riften gates, near the Stables, and everyone who was there came to fight the dragon, Me,Erik,2 guards, myhorse, stable master, one horse, and several villagers. It was an epic fight.

After the fight, I saw that one of the argonian villager died fighting the dragon. I was like OH NO!, and using the console I resurrect her, and when she came back alive, she said to me, " Thank you, I feel so much better now, thanks to you!" And she ended with "That was so kind of you to do that for me" I was blown away.

jasonbass

man where to start.
well ever since 1.3 the distance graphics are 10x better and exploring in and around whiterun is like being at the grand tetons. its pretty unbelievable
as far as gameplay: when traveling as a wolf (speed purposes) i come across a forsworn camp and proceed to completely obliterate everyone in it. though it doesnt seem like a wow moment, but the fact that you could base an entire game on that formula and it was just a coincidence in skyrim made me think, wow.
another would be blackreach, what a dope place
damn to be honest the whole game itself is a wow moment. 60+ hours in and im still discovering things

ok so i was just wanderin around at night and i started to follow this road right? yeah nothin special. but then i just happened to run into the headless fluffing horseman. no lie i almost plops myself. he didnt attack or anything tho, which i though odd, so i just followed him til he dissappeared and some bandits came at me..... but yeah. headless horseman blew my mind

NeoRoman

This is for custom titles?
So here I am, just taking a stroll to Falkreath when suddenly those petty bandits come by and say "We're here to teach you a lesson." No biggie, but where it happens makes the difference. I run into Falkreath thinking the guards will save me, which they do. A huge fight ensues and somehow, 4 of my swings hit Falkreath guards and before I knew it, the whole town was attacking me! Not only that but when I escaped to nearby Riverwood, the SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED AGAIN. Bandits, run to Riverwood, hit guards, now Riverwood is after me.

NAILS69

There are way to many WOW moments.

One of mine is that I collected all the BUGS in JARS, days later I fast traveled to one of the location (the alchemist shack) (it was close to a place I havn't been to before) searched the shack again and the BUG IN A JAR was back, went and searched all the other places and found 3 of the 5 again. I currently have 2 Butterflys, 2 Luna Moths, 2 lighting bug, 1 bee and 1 dragonfly.

• My "wow" moment was when i was reading through skyrim forums and figured out that there is big enough nerds out there to make a thread called, "your wow moments"

mELBATOAST

shes cool.. she has bow skillz... :)
holy omg's I was just killing an elder dragon and the MOST AMAZING THING EVER HAPPENED!!!!! first off I was way under eqquipped bc I was just out for a little easy quest turns out I got dumb (happens) and decided to investigate this place called "shearpoint" near by... welp yeah... needless to say not only was there an elder dragon but theres this floating guy named krios or something... so here I am basically just little ole me a friggin khajit with like leather armor on and a couple of OP ebony swords I enchanted and a bow... I JUST DONT WANT MY HORSE TO DIE!!! :sadface: so I manage to cast soul trap on the krioios :confused: guy or whatever his name is and start whacking on him hoping that lydia will pump up the dragon with arrows in the mean time.... ok so I kill the floating flame shooting guy... now here is the moment of truth... i die...:mad: so I reload from when I fast traveled... everythings still set up dragon sleeping on the ruins... lydias like "i have a bad feeling about this" (which btw is a strangely familiar quote and voice from somewhere I cant quite place... ) and I go through the same thing again then the horse dies... 3 loads later i get to this point where I kill kroisis and then get mauled by the dragon.. yeah like picked up and thrown around and flung off like so much splayed fleshbag sailing through the sky... I take a deep breath and reload again... (im extra dumb btw if you havent figured this out yet) I kill the damn guy whos name I cant remember how to spell and I got his soul and then I turn to find the dragon and its literally right on top of me.... with its face directly in mine.. i start shaking like if youve ever done PVP before on hardcore diablo..:cool: . so i switch to my bow chug the 2 healing potions i have and try and back off but I hit f5 just to be sure (i can hear the horse whinnying so i know its alive) now I notice that lydia is wailing on this thing with some sort of fireball and im like where the hell did she get that staff...??? (puzzling) so I position myself so I can just aim at the main body and start shooting as fast as I can (slowing time of course) and as the dragon starts to go down I can hear the horse and lydia freaking out... so the dragons almost dead but it just wont die... (yeah elder dragon first timer here) im starting to really shake now... and I look over at its head..........:eek: AND HOLY WHAT THE FLIPPEN FRAG?????!!!????!!!! LYDIA IS ON TOP OF THE DRAGON!!!!!!... YEAH SHES ON TOP OF IT!!!!! YEAH LIKE RIDING ITS FLAPPING DRAGON HEAD!!!!!!! AND SHES BEATING ON IT LIKE FLAPPING FRACKING CONEHEAD THE BALLBEARING!!!!! NAD FROST IS REARING UP AT IT (im telling you the whole thing was completely out of a movie and IM STILL IN SLOW MOTION MODE FROM THE BOW thing and I let one more arrow go at its head and it dies... ... loot the dragon and then loot he krois guy (remember him?) and guess what.... lydia had looted that friggin staff from him!!!!!!!! I cant i just cant ... handle it... omg im SO im pressed with this game (ive played arena, daggerfall, narrowmind, and oblivious to the hilt so this... it the kremdahlakrem mates... skyrim haas officially blown my mind.... :D

mELBATOAST

shes cool.. she has bow skillz... :)
unfortunately I did not have screens enabled during the fight but I reloaded some of it to give you an idea of just how awesome this game can be... the first three screens are after the battle ... i would pay good money to HAVE A SHOT OF THE PART WHEN LYDIA WAS ON THE DRAGONS HEAD!!!! OMG! anyways enjoy :)ScreenShot0.jpgScreenShot6.jpgScreenShot8.jpgScreenShot23.jpgScreenShot29.jpgScreenShot56.jpgScreenShot44.jpgScreenShot31.jpg

CharlesD

Mjoll jumped on a dragon's head and finished it off the other day. She was taunting it the whole time. There are times with her as a follower that I feel like I'm just along for the ride.

Ryhra

I felt awesome when I needed to go into Winterhold and kill those... Magic Anomo..naly's? Like the biggest savior ever.
Eye of Magnus looks awesome.
I thought it was pretty cool too, when I put all the masks in the busts, and recieved Konahrik!

Deltasapper

When I learned unrelenting force doesn't kill your followers in close quarters.

Me:Lydia.. please get the hell out of my way
*another dungeon...* Me: Lydia you're in the damn way again.
*...20 dungeons later* Me: DAMN IT YOU STUPID BITCH! MOVE O-*FO RO DAH!!!!*
Me:...that'll teach her.

Localfrenchman

I had one of this wow moments last week. I was just walking around Whiterun and I passed the guard standing outside Belethor's Goods. He accurately commented on my armor. I was wearing the thieve's guild armor and he said something like, "Don't think I don't know thieve's guid armor when I see it. I will be watching you closely.”

darkest_inferno

ok so today i was in a field looking for flowers to harvest for magika potions, im looking at the ground intently, when out of nowhere i see a mamoth foot in my face. i was like (new flower :DD) i tryed to get it and as like :mad:
then i hit it in rage and it hit me. then i started fireballing it. then a freaking giant comes, and im saying to myself
"oh plops this is his pet :O" i strted running like crazy from both the mamoth and the giant chasing me. then i saw a group of hunters so i went to them so they could help me. they died instantly -.- then i stole their horse and ran away :)

Toefuzz267

I've only had the game since Christmas morning, but I've already had quite a few 'Wow' moments. Some of them are:

When I first entered Whiterun to deliver the news of the dragon attack on Helgen, A gaurd cautioned me not to burn down the city, as I had fire magic equipped. Also I've been told I have nice armor, and hated on because my sword was only iron. By npcs. Wow.

Also the word wall and dragon fight was pretty cool, and a lot of fun.

The last 'Wow' moment I'd like to share was when I first made the treck to Ivarstead to climb the 7,000 steps up to High Hrothgar to answer the greybeards' call, I saw 2 dragons just randomly flying up by the throat of the world. It was my first dragon encounter besides Helgen and Whiterun, and since it was completely random, I thought I was going to die. Unfortunately, the dragons just ignored me. I would have liked to absorb a soul and have an epic fight.

Fireblade

I'd say my biggest wow moment so far was when I was walking up the stairs to High Hrothgar (as a level 8) and a Sabre Snow Cat came right at me as I rounded a flight - I responded by equipping the most powerful potion in my arsenal at the time - paralysis poison - to my bow, and shooting it in the face. I hit it mid leap, and thanks to the angle it was attacking from, I was able to sidestep as it simply flew off the side of the mountain and fell to its death. Needless to say I then went blundering down the side of the mountain after it to collect my loot...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts