• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

swanqueen

Oh my goodness that's amazing! I'm glad you like my let's play's! Thank you oodles and noodles!
I loved it too. It's slow here at work so I was watching it with my earphones on and had to keep from snorting out loud. (SOL instead of LOL)

swanqueen

Just a little funny moment. A few people mentioned that the guards complimented them on their armor. Well I was walking around in my undies because I was trying to sell stuff and was weighed down.. so I left my armor at home. Several towns people made comments like "you know it's cold out, you might want to cover up your bits" and "you might want to remember to get dressed before you leave your house" Those aren't exact quotes but I suddenly was very embarrassed and went home and got some clothes on.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Just a little funny moment. A few people mentioned that the guards complimented them on their armor. Well I was walking around in my undies because I was trying to sell stuff and was weighed down.. so I left my armor at home. Several towns people made comments like "you know it's cold out, you might want to cover up your bits" and "you might want to remember to get dressed before you leave your house" Those aren't exact quotes but I suddenly was very embarrassed and went home and got some clothes on.

This is so funny! I did the same thing. Now I ensure I always have a belted tunic in my pocket just for that reason!

eekutz

When I came out of a crypt, and it was then night, and I saw the aura borealis in the sky. I was taken back, it was truly beautiful :D

Shadondala

Quite wonderfully, I was in Swindler's Den, shooting arrows at a bandit when, just as he was about to die, he said, "Dying is so overrated."
Another time, I was fighting a dragon and failing miserably due to my lack of potions. Running away, I hid behind a rock and watched as a giant went up to the dragon and killed it. I ran over to collect my Dragon Scales and promptly get killed with one hit from said giant.
Finally, I had just upgraded my (stolen) Elven Sword (I think). A minute later, a Dawnstar guard comments, "Elven Sword, huh? What, Nord steel isn't good enough for you?"

Shadondala

Oh, and doing that quest for the Sibil of Dibella, every time the little girl came across a body she would pause and shout, "Aah! Dead body!" When she came across her dad's body, she paused and said, "Oh no, this isn't happening!" It was amazing how it could tell her father's body apart from a Forsworn's.

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
One of my wow moments was when I was travelling. Just doing my random location searches.
I come across A thieve (Not in the thieves guild at that point of time.) He asks for my gold and I say no. He tries to kill me. the next thing you know a F*ucking dragon comes down behind the thief and rapes him. I just ran like hell.

Preston

Personally, I was just amazed by the level of detail in the game. This became most evident when I was trekking to the grey beards and looked out into the mountain ranges, wow.

shlouise

I just spent the last hour reading these responses, and couldn't resist signing up to share mine.

Pretty early on in the game, I hired Stenvar as my follower. He was my right-hand man. My bro. When I was sent to kill a bunch of vampires in their hideout, the last few standing in the end proved to be a bit diffiicult to get rid of (I wasn't very leveled at that point, as I had mostly just been exploring and doing side-quests). After killing them all, I quickly saved and started to loot around. But it felt strangely empty. No familiar gruff-voiced grunts or coughs. No Stenvar! I was under the assumption that followers couldn't die, but he was nowhere to be seen.
Then I found his lifeless body on the ground. I must have killed him on accident. And saved.
I felt what I can only describe as legitimate grief. I went about my business, doing this and that, starting a few other quests. But I just couldn't stand knowing that Stenvar's carcass was just laying in some abandoned cave. I only had one other save, from waaaay back. So, I loaded it up and did all the crap I had already done all over again, just so I could have him back.

Not really a gameplay "wow" moment, but definitely a wow moment upon realizing that I had become completely immersed in this game, and was actually becoming attached to its characters. o_O

To really drive it home-- the second time around, when I started the Companions questline and had to have Farkas as my follower, Stenvar automatically got discharged on the spot. He ended up getting lost in the game somewhere. After days and days and waiting and sleeping, I never saw him again. So, I sure did load up that really old save and do it all for a freaking third time. I married him this time. Now he just stays in my Whiterun home and stirs the soup kettle.

I'm not sure why I'm so attached to that guy. I think my fiance is jealous of him. ;)

SnakeEyes

Those random epic adventures that are completely unrelated to any quests or plot. One I had recently went like this...

After entering solitude for the first time I saw was an execution about to take place. Having flashbacks to the beginning of the game when I was in a similar fate, and being a loyal stormcloak, I decided to try save them. After killing the three nearby imperials and a few random townsfolk who attacked me I thought I was doing well, until at least 10 imperials came as reinforcements. Time to say farewell to solitude...

There were lots of imperials outside as well damn it! luckily I see a stables nearby, and in the middle of the chase I buy a new horse (surprised the guy sold it to me giving the circumstances) and run away cowerdly on it until I reach a hidden stormcloak camp. Thinking that I'm safe at last I started to relax, until I noticed they all had their bows drawn... and one burst into flames.... crap dragons about! The epic music starts...

Dragon doesn't hang about the camp for long , and I chase after him up the hill where he seems to be having a bit more fun toasting some nearby imperials. I ran up took some pot shots at the dragon, until the imperials attack me again forcing me to again retreat to the stormcloak camp. The dragon still doesn't want to play and flies accross the river attacking a group of bandits, I run after him.

I kill the bandits and was about to start shooting the dragon before I hear the crackling of electricity, ah health going down... damn necromancer appeared out of nowhere and attacking me... two handed sword to face and hes no longer a problem. But damn sneaky dragon attacks me from behind, forcing me to hide behind a rock and heal myself. I head out again to try and shoot it full of arrows, ah something else is attacking me... a mudcrab?!? brave little guy given all thats just happened. After I killed him the dragon finally landed and with allot of potions and hacking and slashing I finally killed him... the music dies down... I get a new dragon soul... and I'm thinking I've died and gone to sovengard (aka skyrim nerd heavon). This game rocks!

dragonkilla

This u might call stupid or dumb, but as i was about to get my head cut off in the beginning of the game i looked up the sky and wow, it was like they took the picture of the sky in real life and put in the game, pretty relistic

dragonkilla

u guys are lucky during 4 hour maybe 6 hours of playing Skyrim i have only encountered 1 dragon and thats only because of the main quest and currently i am on a quest to kill another with delphine, where do u go to face more dragons?

ShadowMage

Article Writer
u guys are lucky during 4 hour maybe 6 hours of playing Skyrim i have only encountered 1 dragon and thats only because of the main quest and currently i am on a quest to kill another with delphine, where do u go to face more dragons?
After you meet with the greybeards for the first time, dragons randomly appear. And one dragon is a lot (sort of) because in 12 hrs i haven't met one dragon. I really wanted NightinGale armor, and i got it

dehnoe

Dragon Rapist!! -_-
I know its not that amazing but my major WoW moment (so far and it only happend today) was when i killed my first dragon (alone it was really the 2nd dragon) but it was fun and not very hard but still enoyable.

Attachments

• epicskyrimplops.jpeg
    epicskyrimplops.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 6

CaLic1234

My (wow) moment is when i first got the game and it gliched out when a bear killed me it looked like it was rapeing my dead body :/ fml...

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Well my wow moment was when I SAW nocturnal... nuff said.
But I'm gonna say more because I'm bored.

Another wow moment was when I realized the massive damage given with high sneak and a dagger.
I also ABSOLUTELY love the detail Bethesda spent time in. If you look at Oblivion, and then at skyrim, you are an idiot if you think there is nothing better about Skyrim.

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
Lots of really cool moments on here!

My favourite moments that spring to mind... (some have already been said but I have a few twists...)

1) Getting thumped by a giant. But: I had a dragon in the air at the time, and when the club came down and smashed in my skull and sent me flying, my dead body casually floated past the dragon flyng in the sky. I could almost see my character waving at it as I passed it, and the dragon thinking "WTF are YOU doing up here, only I can fly!"

2) Casting soul trap on 3 animals all atacking them at once and casting chain lightning and killing and trapping all 3 souls in one shot... might seem a little "Meh" but hell, the thunderclap from the souls was LOUD.

3) Freezing an ice troll using a shout. At the top of a very high cliff. Right near the edge... You can see where this is going, right? Fireballed that beast right off the edge, and watched it tumble down, down, down. After a while it totally glitched out, tumbling around in the sky. I just stood there blinking and thinking WTF??

Ken the Redguard

im Redguard and proud....XD
my first wow moment was (im pretty sure alot people were like wow when they saw this) right after you make your character and that guy gets his head chopped off. i was like wow look at the graphics on this game. his head actually fell into the basket and it didnt dissapere a few moments later like in most games lol.

and another one. i was going thru a foresworn dungeon. and i summoned a dremora lord. well there was this sorceress in one room. my dremora lord hit her and she had like a sliver of health left. and she was like i submit. and while she was in the hunched over submit position. the dremora lord cut her head off. and i was like holy crap "WOW". her head rolled under a table. i was like what you can chop peoples heads off! has anybody else had this happen to them?

Amazonia

My "wow" moment was when I was exploring the snowy landscape at night and I happened to look up in the sky...it was amazing. The auroras were beautiful. I used to live in Anchorage, Alaska and the sky really reminded me of it!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts