Spoiler Your Views on Skyrim's Political Climate

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skyrimosity

no, Skyrim does NOT need the empire to protect them. If Skyrim wins independence, then the Imperial Legion will have less area to defend and not that many less troops than before which can be turned into a great advantage.. plus, Skyrim will field its own armies which will probably be more organized since the Generals will all be from Skyrim and chances are nearly everyone eligible would join the army through fear of Thalmor occupation (example: USA, WW2). Not to mention that surely every non-elven controlled province would ally together to stop the Thalmor. And Ulfric has the ultimate weapon, the power of the shout and the Dragonborn, at his disposal which make Skyrim a much more fearsome place.

I personally and completely agree with the Stormcloak's stance on the Rebellion and their attitude towards the Thalmor.

I view the Empire, even if they crush the Stormcloak Rebellion, as weak and would not stand against the Thalmor.

It's been stated multiple times that the Mer want to dominate over Man... And I only view the Stormcloaks as a strong-willed, crafty and aggressive military force that can take the Thalmor head on.

In combat, I always see the Stormcloaks as aggressive, not giving up, Braveheart-styled.

The Imperial Troops are too passive, weak-willed, etc.. Excluding Hadvar and the Legates..

I also completely support Talos, a true Emperor who was banned by his own people simply because they were afraid to lose to the Thalmor.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Olafr

The Rebel!
I'm with the Stormcloaks too.

Skyrim belongs to the Nords. Ulfric did a good thing.
The Empire was wrong to invade Skyrim, forbid the worship of Talos, and take of Skyrim's government.

The Empire can go back to Cyrodiil and leave Skyrim alone! :mad:

CharlesD

How about a Federal system with the provinces ruling themselves but in a loose alliance with one another where they all supply troops for a larger Tamriel defense force that could fight the Thalmor? Just a thought.

Evina

I'm with the Stormcloaks too.

Skyrim belongs to the Nords. Ulfric did a good thing.
The Empire was wrong to invade Skyrim, forbid the worship of Talos, and take of Skyrim's government.

The Empire can go back to Cyrodiil and leave Skyrim alone! :mad:

The Thalmor banned the worship of Talos, not the Empire. They are the real enemy, and Ulfric could never hold them back. Most of the Stormcloacks are only desperate Nords, not trained, experienced soldiers like the Imperial soldiers.
Ulfric just took advantage on the feelings of the nord people for Skyrim, and used it to manipulate them. He did nothing good.

brandon

ive finished both sides of the fight now. legion with a dark elf and skyrim with an argonian. and from what ive seen in the game is that both are right in what they think. the nords arent the racist pricks many believe they are. the only question that the stormcloak general asked my argonian is why would a lizard want to fight for skyrim. my answer its not only nords that call skyrim home. you know what the general says? its true many people call skyrim home. im not questioning your motives. i just want to make sure your hearts in it as well. your not looking to make money. so with that being said they arent the racist pricks people think they are. but they only want people to fight and possibly die for the right reasons. they only want the best. even my wife who is playing as a nord is sent to kill the ice wraith too. but from the thalmore point of veiw they only want a weakend skyrim and weakend empire. so i ask you this. if the thalmore were to invade skyrim who has a better chance of beating them back? a strong skyrim with strong leaders? or a skyrim with leaders picked by the empire in their lust for boot licking and gold? in my opinion a strong skyrim with strong leaders will stomp the plops out of the squishy elves. and if needs be they can always ask the empire for help later. and if ulfric stormcloak is to be named high king then maybe he could make a bid to become emperor as well. then we would have an awesome empire again. that could stop the thalmore invasion

rockstar14

I'm actually split over who to join. I originally wanted to join the SC, but after finding out SPOILER: that you attack Whiterun, it made me rethink my choice. I think the Imperials want what is best for Skyrim, but they are somewhat misguided and weakened by the war. If Skyrim were to break away, I could see them allying with Hammerfell and High Rock(which would be totally separated from Cyrodiil.
I think from a purely strategic viewpoint, the SC have the best chance of beating the Thalmor. The Summerset Isles are incredibly far away from Skyrim, and even if Valenwood is taken into account, it's a pretty far distance to march. Also, Skyrim is pretty much landlocked, so the options for possible Thalmor attacks are limited.
I'm impressed with Bethesda for making this actually a hard choice for roleplayers. They could easily have gone the route of the "evil empire" ala star wars, I like how both have some questionable moral aspects, neither side is totally right.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
I hate both sides in this war.
SC's for their racism towards the elves, and the Legion(which is now pretty much ran by the elves) for their racism towards all Man. I find that neither Man nor Mer is greater than the other.
I do however forsee a Man and Mer war but nothing like the great war no this will be more like the nords and the snow elves one will defeat the other for good and there will probly be one less race in Erin.(or watever their planets called)

Olafr

The Rebel!
The Thalmor banned the worship of Talos, not the Empire. They are the real enemy, and Ulfric could never hold them back. Most of the Stormcloacks are only desperate Nords, not trained, experienced soldiers like the Imperial soldiers.
Ulfric just took advantage on the feelings of the nord people for Skyrim, and used it to manipulate them. He did nothing good.
The Thalmor had a lot to do with this, yes, but the Empire governs the land. They approved an agreement that forbids the worship of one of our nine divines. The Empire are to blame just as much as the Thalmor.

Phenom

I joined the Stormcloaks just for my hatred against the Thalmor. Even though General Talos seems like a pretty fair guy, he shouldn't of sided with Thalmor.

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
I joined the Stormcloaks just for my hatred against the Thalmor. Even though General Talos seems like a pretty fair guy, he shouldn't of sided with Thalmor.
Tullius*
Should have"

OT: I haven't joined either because it is too hard to decide for now.

Evina

The Thalmor had a lot to do with this, yes, but the Empire governs the land. They approved an agreement that forbids the worship of one of our nine divines. The Empire are to blame just as much as the Thalmor.
If they don't sign the White-Gold Concordat, the war might still be on, or the Dominion would have won...

Btw TES Wiki says "The only real hope for the people of the once peaceful land lies in the Empire and Hammerfell raising once forth to do battle against the High Elves. That, and perhaps the Dragonborn." Hint, maybe?

Dvalin

If they don't sign the White-Gold Concordat, the war might still be on, or the Dominion would have won...

Btw TES Wiki says "The only real hope for the people of the once peaceful land lies in the Empire and Hammerfell raising once forth to do battle against the High Elves. That, and perhaps the Dragonborn." Hint, maybe?
The White Gold Concordate was signed, ie...the Dominion DID win.

Bethesda has done a beautiful job of combing various pieces of history and mythology with many positions to view them from. I personally view the Aldmeri Dominion as an organization similar in thought to the Nazis. They believe that mer are superior to humankind, and should rightfully rule them. Talos worship was banned specifically because he was Human. It is important to remember what the reinstatement of the Aldmeri Dominion means. They were origonally overthrown by Talos who freed humankind from the Dominions' ENSLAVEMENT of humankind, which is how the Empire was founded in the first place.

The Stormcloaks on the other hand, may have racist tendancies, but I'm tired of reading on these forums that they want to "clense skyrim of non-nords. That's nonsence. The statement "Skyrim is for the Nords" sais "This is our home. We were here before you." It is not stating that Nords are 'superior' to other races. Now, Nords being racist is justifiably argued, considering situations like the grey quarter in Windhelm. This is similar to how the US treated Japanese American citizens during WWII, when these citizens were confined in camps. Was it despicable? Of course it was, but that doesn't mean I choose to join the oppisition.

I'm going to go with the lesser of 2 evils. I'm not siding with the Stormcloaks as much as I am siding against the Thalmor. We can argue all day wether the Empire is better equiped to fight the Thalmor whole or broken. I think that arguement has already been tested. The Empire lost. Give Skyrim and Hammerfell their crack at it. The Thalmor are against Skyrim separating from the Empire. That's more than enough reason for me to see to it that it happens.

Sacrier10

I've got to say that I'm with the Imperials. I personally am in favor of their acceptance and tolerance of all races, seeing as I am a dark elf, and, I'm already a legate of the army so I couldn't join the stormcloaks if I wanted.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts