Spoiler Your Views on Skyrim's Political Climate

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
And the Altmer are racists too. You meet some in Malkerth where the Altmerian wizard says we will show you humans our superiority. The imperials are pink panties wearing boot lickers.

And far as Nord dislike of elves. All the wars were started by elves. The Bosmer are cannibals (who doesn't discriminate against cannibals? Would you have gone over to Jeffrey Dalmers apartment for dinner?) Do we really need to talk about the Dark elves? The high elves are pretentious pricks.
When did I say I love the Altmer? I said I kill them whenever I get a chance. All Bosmer aren't cannibals. Just like all Humans aren't Dahmers. The White-Gold Concordat was STATED as the REASON why I wasn't happy about joining the Imperials, but at least they are trying to better Skyrim for everyone. the WGC was forced upon them by the Aldmeri at the end of the war, so it wasn't like it was their CHOICE. Not sure what the point of your post was, just mad I don't like the Stormcloaks? I stated counterpoints to every point you made in the thread you quoted.

Khazrihl

When did I say I love the Altmer? I said I kill them whenever I get a chance. All Bosmer aren't cannibals. Just like all Humans aren't Dahmers. The White-Gold Concordat was STATED as the REASON why I wasn't happy about joining the Imperials, but at least they are trying to better Skyrim for everyone. the WGC was forced upon them by the Aldmeri at the end of the war, so it wasn't like it was their CHOICE. Not sure what the point of your post was, just mad I don't like the Stormcloaks? I stated counterpoints to every point you made in the thread you quoted.

Easy there friend, no one is saying anything of the sort.

tbagalot

master forum ninja
I have played the storys of both factions (2 characters) and find myself liking the stormcloaks. Even though the stormcloaks killed the emperor they are fighting to keep there lands which they rightfuly own. The empire just wants to own the whole world, they would be better off not being controlled by the altmer. So eventually maybe in a future game the humans in the empire will join forces with the stormcloaks and destroy the altmer, although i don't see how there being controlled by wizards with novice level destruction spells.

DarthVane

The Thu'um is Strong in this One
I personally feel that the long-term effects of either side will be disastorous. If the SC win, it will result in a faction that will refuse to work with the Empire and thus weaken Tamriel for ripe Thalmor invasions. If the Empire wins, it will result in a larger unified force against potential invasion by Thalmors , at the cost of entire religion.

I believe that short-term belongs to the SC, ending in a probable invasion of the Thalmor long-term.
Long-term belongs to the Empire, which therefore means I have to support the champions of Cyrodil.

Long live the Empire!!!

kichigai_m

Not entirely true, he want's to cleans Skyrim's POLITICS of all but Nords. As always I'm willing to accept that I'm wrong but I feel fairly comfortable in stating that he only wishes independence for Skyrim and the right to govern themselves as they see fit, rather than through the oppression of the Empire being tooled by the Aldmeri. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

*lol* Have you talked to the dark elves and the argonians in the Windhelm? The home city of Ulfric? They are forced to live in the slums and the argonians are not even allowed to live inside the city walls. Everyone who supports Ulfric there are xenophobics. ^_^;

jenrai

I hate all three sides.I was forced to choose One....I would have sided with the Thalmor if it was an option..

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
*lol* Have you talked to the dark elves and the argonians in the Windhelm? The home city of Ulfric? They are forced to live in the slums and the argonians are not even allowed to live inside the city walls. Everyone who supports Ulfric there are xenophobics. ^_^;
I saw nothing of the argonian oppression really standing out more in windhelm than anywhere else. As for the dunmer, we've discussed on multiple threads how they are one of the more universally despised races in Tamriel and rightfully so. They are simply seeing the reaction to hundreds of years of bad blood between them and basically everyone else (i invite you to read the 2920 series) only to a much more potent degree due to their current state of vulnerability. All of this is more apparent in windhelm because lo and behold that is where the dunmer refugee camp was basically set up. Merely circumstantial that it is in Ulfric's home town. Nobody in tamriel really cares for the beastfolk. Am I saying that the stormcloaks aren't prejudice? No...but find me a group of nords that isn't lol.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Anyone meet the Dark Elf who was raised by Argonians. For some reason, I felt that was pretty awesome.

Despite my main character being an Argonian, Ulfric welcomed me with open arms (well as soon as I won some battles for him). I understand that's just part of the questline, but his General or whatever did make a comment about being a 'lizard'.

I'll probably make my Kahjiit side with the Empire. As for my Orc...I have no idea.

Icy Seeker

Thalmors incited the rebellion so they could sweep in and take skyrim when their week . Ulfric is a "sleeping spy"of the Thalmor. Just saying. Info: a book you read in the Thalmor embassy.

Icy Seeker

Thalmors incited the rebellion so they could sweep in and take skyrim when their weak. Ulfric is a "sleeping spy"of the Thalmor. Just saying. Info: a book you read in the Thalmor embassy.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Thalmors incited the rebellion so they could sweep in and take skyrim when their weak. Ulfric is a "sleeping spy"of the Thalmor. Just saying. Info: a book you read in the Thalmor embassy.
According to that book (i think it's a dosier on Ulfric) he's actually a potential untapped resource. Not that he actually IS a part of the Thalmor network which would be altogether unlikely, but that he could be a useful tool were they capable of using him.

SanSalvador15

I sided with the stormcloaks simply because of the fact that I don't agree with empires that oppress people into not being able to do what they want (yes, I know that Ulfric wants to have skyrim all Nords, but If he truly wanted to kill everything that wasn't a nord, he wouldn't have a slum in his hometown for the dunmer.)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I just get an impression that Imperials are just trying to maintain order but they are being huge jerks about it since the empire is running thin. Stormcloaks are some racist Nords who wants Skyrim for themselves. There are other races on Skyrim too! I really can't pick any side but I will try both sides eventually. As for the Thalmors, great! Another reason to hate High Elves hahaha

Jaeger

And you are ultimately following racists with siding with the imperials. Why the imps are afraid of some fairy dainty prancer is beyond me.

Bosmer: sure they are.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Green_Pact

Nothing to say about the Dark elves or pretentious high elf pricks?

Zapher

Theres alot of people that hate the Thalmors. Thalmors view is: it was the Elves were the first to come to Tamriel to settle and spread across the land with there influence. Then came the first Nede (man) and the first elves welcome them in the north. Nede push there believes, then several battles happen and the Nede at the end won and push the elves out of Skyrim, Highrock(Breed there culture away) and then Cyrodiil. Later the Redguards came from Yukoda and took Hammerfell. Empire yes united the provinces but also push there believes down the elves throats. So your views on how the Thalmors politic view of pushing there influences on men isnt so different what men did to the elves.

My Main Character that i play is a Nord, i have played the Nord race sense i started playing the elder scrolls series back in 1999 Daggerfall. So my Character RP is for the Empire and the rule of men. Because of the Empire agreeing with the White-Gold Concordat He choice the Stormcloaks side and the old ways of the Nords. When the Empire is ready to go back to war with the Thalmor then he hopes Skyrim will rejoin with the Empire and have a New Nord Emperor leading the fight.

Lastly i wanted to say is the only thing i feel that was Justified in the Elder Scrolls Politics is that the Argonians kick the Dark elves *ss and took over Morrowind. Yes i feel bad for the Dark elves misfortunes but they had it coming making the Argonians into slaves for along time in Morrowind.

Skyrimosity

I joined the Stormcloaks because the Empire's uniform made me think of them as Romans which meant I just HAD to kill them. My High elf obviously has reasons to help the SC's win the war to help the Thalmor, but I DESPISE the Thalmor and thoroughly enjoy killing them at every point possible. My high elf is racist against himself and takes the Nords racism with open arms because he hates being a high elf thalmor trash.

Khazrihl

I joined the Stormcloaks because the Empire's uniform made me think of them as Romans which meant I just HAD to kill them. My High elf obviously has reasons to help the SC's win the war to help the Thalmor, but I DESPISE the Thalmor and thoroughly enjoy killing them at every point possible. My high elf is racist against himself and takes the Nords racism with open arms because he hates being a high elf thalmor trash.

I'm surprised, I actually expected more people to say this^ but... ohwell.

wizkid1696

Skyrim needs the Empire to protect them from the Thalmor, without them, they will get overwhelmed and conquered. The Empire needs to unify and take the fight to the thalmor

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts