• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GayGoblin

I'm the One who Stole Your Sweetroll
Okay, we've all done something stupid while adventuring across Skyrim; whether it was shooting a guard in the crotch, or attempting to kill a child, or lockpicking a lock-box just to see what its contents were, or even being nice and trying to add items to a homeless NPC's inventory (which, unfortunately, they still consider pickpocketing).

Either way, you've done something ridiculously stupid that has probably pissed some people off pretty bad. Really bad. Horribly bad. And, ya know, you just don't have the potions or help to take on every. Single. Guard.

So tell us about how you escaped (probably with a bounty over 10,000 by now if you had a follower with you) and just what on earth you did to piss them off so bad!

I'll start with mine (and I really hope there isn't a thread like this already...):

So, apparently the people of Solitude get very upset if you execute someone they were about to execute anyways. But I just couldn't resist, the increase in archery was worth it and so was the sneaking increase (for a while I tried to hide... I should have attacked at night, not noon).
However, like a fool I had brought Lydia with me--and she didn't like sneaking, she's apparently not one for sneaking (to quote Hadvar and Ralof). So, after a few minutes, Lydia took off screaming "I'LL KILL YOU!" and slaughtering people (+1000, +1000, +1000, +1000...).
Meanwhile, I tried to let her stupidity be a distraction and continue sneaking my way towards the gates.
However, due to accidentally activating a certain door... I don't get very far, and now not only do I have every single guard in Solitude on my tail, but I also have General Tullius and Legate Rikke screaming at me.
So, I bolt for the gates (by now sneaking is useless), and every guard (as well as the general and legate) spawn outside with me. So we add on a few more guards as we run down the road, a member of a Khajiit caravan tossing out "I'm staying out of this" as I run by them, and eventually I reach Katla's Farm and decide to steal a horse.
I wind up over the East Empire Trading Company Warehouse, and my bar is full of little red dogs everywhere, so I made a last minute decision and jumped off the East Empire Trading Company Warehouse and landed in the river and swam safely away.
I left Lydia behind to deal with the consequences of her own actions >_>

Ritterkreuz

I tried to pickpocket a person in Windhelm just last night. Got greedy and went for one item too many. They got hostile and forced me to defend myself, which quickly led to a murder charge, then came the guards. I fled through the main gate and snaked my way across the bridge, all the while I could hear arrows hitting the ground near my feet. Once I was far enough away I fast traveled to the Rift. I don't feel like paying the large bounty, so I might just join the Legion and erase my bounty by replacing Windhelm's government.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I had one very recently - though it wasn't from the law. I actually posted it in the "Wow Moments" thread yesterday.

I had this terrifying and yet, exhilarating experience in Skyrim last night. I was wandering around in circles near Riften, hopelessly lost, looking for Fort Dawnguard (I turn off quest markers when I play and tend to stop to explore whatever interesting thing I run into). Then I spied this trail of blood leading up a snowy hill. A shiver ran down my spine as my curiosity was piqued. I had to find out what was at the other end of the trail. I drew my bow and snuck up the hill, looking everywhere for signs of danger. The trail just kept going higher and higher. With every step and every new blood splatter, my conviction that it was going to be bad grew. Still, I could not turn around with such a tasty morsel of information nearly in my jaws. And then I look up to see a frost troll come charging down the hill at me. And I'm like "AHHHHHHHHHHHH! THAT'S SO MANY TIMES WORSE THAN I IMAGINED!" There was no time to get under cover and get a shot in before the attack fell upon me. I fought it with my sword for a time, attempting to poison it to death. But it healed fast and every swipe of its claws that connected with me took three quarters of my health. When I ran out of healing potions, I realized that I could not win this. When I had something like five hitpoints left, I succeeded in hitting the monster with a paralysis potion. It stiffened and fell at my feet, but I knew it would only stay that way for eight seconds. I turned tail and booked up the hill. There was a pile of bloody bones and old armor up there, under a tattered flag blowing in the icy wind. And in the center of it, there was a locked strongbox. I worked fast, picking the lock and looting its cache of gems. Then I dove off the hill as the troll came running behind me. I balanced on a thin ledge of the cliff-face, my vision blurring and turning red, the sound of my own heartbeat reverberating in my ears. I could hear the troll moving around just above me, relentlessly searching for me. I stood still, nervously waiting for my health to go back up, sure that the fall would kill me now if I wasn't careful. I was actually whispering "Hang on...hang on..." aloud. And then when I was feeling strong enough to move again, I gingerly slid down the cliff, reaching the bottom safely and going on my merry way. These are the stories that great games are made out of. :D

Neriad13

Premium Member
Another one was actually a frantic bid to get arrested, but was pretty daring in and of itself.

I had dug a pretty deep hole for myself recently - I'd been using the "Crime Pays" mod, which raises the bounty for crimes committed by the player, to make the game more interesting. Being caught pickpocketing is worth 500 septims, assault is 1000, murder is 15k and being caught transforming into a werewolf is 30k. Guess which massive fine I got in Markarth - all because some lone, idiot hunter had to stumble upon me a second after I'd turned back into an elf. I figured that I'd just stay out of Markarth for a while. But eventually, both the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood were sending me there.

I decided to walk right up to the gate and get arrested. It was the only thing I could do. I wouldn't fight back and would not resist. I would take my horrible fate in Cidha Mine with the grace that my Dunmer ancestors have borne their own numerous struggles with. Calmly, I walked up to the guard, his weapon threateningly drawn and asked to be taken to jail.

The screen went dark. The game crashed. I tried again, with the same result. It happened half a dozen times or more. I got rid of the mod, but it didn't erase my massive bounty, which I had no hope of paying unless I wanted to grind for a dozen levels. I tried different tactics - waiting a while before entering Markarth, doing different things before having another go at it, hitting the gate at a different angle. The same thing happened every time. It wasn't a glitch that was going to fix itself. I thought that I would have to start over again if I wanted to complete the questlines I'd been working on for days.

I decided to have one last go at it. Weary, frustrated, I told the guard to shove his mace where the sun doesn't shine and sprinted in through the gate. The entire city went wild, calling for my blood, raining arrows and magic on me, every guard and citizen relentlessly hunting me down. I eventually found a good hiding space under a bridge and huddled there, shivering in the icy water before the chaos above me died down.

Carefully, I crept up and snuck down the winding streets of the old Dwemer city. I had almost made it to Understone Keep before another guard caught me, presenting his arrest dialogue. Fearing the worst and crossing my fingers, I tried turning myself in yet again.

I almost wept for joy at the sight of a loading screen. I probably would have cheered or pumped my fists or done a little dance, if I hadn't been playing on my laptop in a library. Words cannot express how glad I was to have finally gone to jail. I was flooded with relief and a strange sense of accomplishment.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
nice epic escape stories everyone :)

My most intense escape was in Windhelm. I was playing my Vampire Mage charecter and I needed to feed really badly. So I decided to ambush a guy in an allyway, paralizing him and feasting on his blood. Unfortunatly for me a guard walked around the corner just before I finished and charged towards me, sword raised. Quickly I ran, hoping to just leave the City and let it all blow over. Of course there were all the guards on the bridge that I had to get by. I used Ice form to debilatate the ones direcly in front of me and just kept running. There were guards shooting arrows at me, but luckily they suck at hitting moving targets :) So I got out of the city and turned west across the bridge, only to encounter a group of ice wolves. Quickly I headed south on the road towards Riften and on that road there was a group of Vigilants of Stendar, who attacked as well. So I used a dual-casted fire ball to stagger the Vigilants, giving me a chance to slip by. Then the Ice wolves attacked them, giving me a chance to run! Haven't been back to Windhelm since :)

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
Well, once I was stranded out in the wild as my vampire sorcerer, Salthar. I figured I should probably stop to feed, and was attempting to prey on bandits whenever I could. Unfortunately, I was still relatively low leveled stealth-wise, and bandits sleep surprisingly less than I'd thought. So, after slaughtering yet another camp of bandits, I was getting desperate.

So, I decided to go to Solitude, which just happens to be where I'd recently purchased my manor. I fast travelled, and luckily for me, just as I arrive, I get this message. A blood starved vampire, you are hated and feared. The guards must have some vampire sense, because as soon as I arrived, the ringing sound of drawn swords and shouts of "Vampire, Kill it!" greeted me.

After exhausting my resevoir of scrolls, staffs, and magicka, I was surrounded by a small army of corpses, guardsman and civilian alike, and left with a ten thousand bounty in Solitude. Since then I've had to massacre several bounty hunters, and I've got to be super sneaky when getting into my manor.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
Well, once I was stranded out in the wild as my vampire sorcerer, Salthar. I figured I should probably stop to feed, and was attempting to prey on bandits whenever I could. Unfortunately, I was still relatively low leveled stealth-wise, and bandits sleep surprisingly less than I'd thought. So, after slaughtering yet another camp of bandits, I was getting desperate.

So, I decided to go to Solitude, which just happens to be where I'd recently purchased my manor. I fast travelled, and luckily for me, just as I arrive, I get this message. A blood starved vampire, you are hated and feared. The guards must have some vampire sense, because as soon as I arrived, the ringing sound of drawn swords and shouts of "Vampire, Kill it!" greeted me.

After exhausting my resevoir of scrolls, staffs, and magicka, I was surrounded by a small army of corpses, guardsman and civilian alike, and left with a ten thousand bounty in Solitude. Since then I've had to massacre several bounty hunters, and I've got to be super sneaky when getting into my manor.

lol being a vampire shure does make for some interesting encounters :)

Cren Reon

Lord Mustard

I.......I uh....... THATS TOTALY B@DASS

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
lol being a vampire shure does make for some interesting encounters :)
agreed. And some extremely irritating situations. I swear, if I hear a bounty hunter say "It seems you have quite a bounty in Solitude..." Everybody dies.

Clau

The Fateless One
It was way back when I was a beginner in Skyrim. Now I had been hearing about this Ulfric fellow starting a rebellion. Since I was an assassin, the thought came to my head that: "Why not kill Ulfric?" I mean, the empire would reward me. (I thought Skyrim was that open ended...)

So off I go to Windhelm. Charged the throne room brandishing a sword and an axe. I thought I landed the killing blow to Ulfric as he staggered to the floor. After a couple of passionate strikes, I feared the worst: Ulfric can't be killed randomly!

His generals were now in kill mode alongside the court wizard and the guards. I had to fight my off the keep into the streets of windhelm. With my health running low, I was fighting off guards approaching the stable. I saw a horse and stole it. I galloped off into Riften.

Makes me wanna do it again JFF.

GayGoblin

During my first visit to Markarth, I was attempting a certain Thieves Guild quest and wound up really pissing off the guards there.

Lesson learned that day; KNOW WHERE THE CITY EXIT IS BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID, HINT HINT

I wound up running in circles and, no matter where I went, I wound up back at the Understone Keep doors every time. Somehow, I managed to escape... not sure how.

Unit7

It started in the Dwemer Museum at Markarth. I was doing the Thieves Guild quest, and like always, I looted every thing I could smelt. But before I got to that point I set off a trap that killed a bunch of people... and one of them ran away. I could have chased after him. I could have easily killed him with a quick shot from my bow. But I figured what's the point?

After looting the place clean I went out the front entrance.... completely encumbered. That Wizard Guard I let escape? Pretty much told on me. I had to drop a bunch of stuff in a hurry and try and fight my way out. It didn't go so well.

I eventually decided to escape back inside the lab. I quickly placed all my stolen loot inside a chest and then I was arrested. Not sure how big my bounty was but I couldn't bribe my way out and I couldn't pay off the bounty. Oh well a few days in Cidnha mine never hurt anyone...

I go back for my stuff and decide to go to the balcony and jump off. But... funny thing is. I got another big bounty.

Actually come to think of it. I am not sure if this was the same experience... at all.

Well either way. Everyone in Markarth was pissed at me. So there I was encumbered trying to escape Markarth with my precious loot. Thank god I had gotten whirlwind sprint. I think I also got lost a few times... Which may have resulted in me falling to my death. Seriously moving powerattacks + Wuld is a fat man's best friend.

I did escape markarth and went to the stables. Before the entrance guards knew what was happening I had made it... god knows how... to the stableman. Bought me a horse(I did consider stealing it making this whole ting be far more badass. I'm just glad I wasn't like Viper the Fleet)

After getting on my new horse I ran until I was far enough away to fast travel back to Whiterun. But it was worth it. When I was done I managed to get 200 or so dwarven Ingots.

Those two times(again not sure if they were the same time) were the only times I ever have ever recieved a bounty after doing that quest and collecting the dwarven scrap metals and such.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Less of an escape, but you could consider it so. I was doing Eye of Magnus and I had to beat a Dragon Priest. I was FREAKED OUT so I Wabbajacked him. Next thing I know their is a pile of ash on the stairs. I litterally screamed out aloud IN THE LIBRARY "THANK TALOS, THE DIVINES, AND THE DAEDRIC PRINCES! THE MASK IS MINE!"

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
A recent one that comes to mind was outside of Windhelm. I was leaving the hold, getting ready to go questing and whatnot, when a group of hired thugs appeared. So, naturally, we began to brawl. The guards stationed outside the gates helped me fend them off. When the last thug fell, all went back to normal. A guard was about to say one of his famous lines when out of nowhere my controller slipped from my hands (how, I don't know) and landed directly on the Power Button, releasing a Shout at the guard. Needless to say, he and the other guards began to attack me. Being the bright guy that I am, I ran right back into Windhelm. There, I was chased by every living thing until I ran out of Stamina (not a good day to be a vampire). Since running away was no longer an option, I drew my sword and fought back. I took out a couple of guards and NPCs, but with the sun out, my vampire wasn't going to survive for much longer. I escaped Windhelm but everybody followed, much like your encounter. With nowhere else to go, I prepared for certain death. Then, I spotted hope. On the bridge that leads to the gate of Windhelm, there is a door-sized opening carved into the wall. It's a straight drop into the river from there. I hacked and slashed my way over to the opening and dove off, hoping that the water wasn't shallow. It was deep, and I survived. I swam to safety and waited for night to fall.

Fun times. ;)

GayGoblin

Sadly, reading all of these makes me want to abandon the lessons I've learned in Skyrim and go be reckless.. just for the thrill of escaping :3

I snuck out of Castle Dour Prison once, and made it out the lower door. (Like when you meet Maro after you've poisoned the decoy?) I literally stole a Sweetroll, just to see if I could do it, and that's got to be the toughest Prison outside Cidnha Mine. It helped that I was a Nightblade, with Invisibility, and Quiet Casting, but it Still took more tries than I bothered to count. My Sneak was pretty high (I don't remember the number) and I still got 2 levels out of it, if that tells you how many guards you have to avoid. And outside, there's 2 more, just standing there, you have to go out the top door, above Tullius, and Rikke'. Try this some time, it's exciting!

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
A recent one that comes to mind was outside of Windhelm. I was leaving the hold, getting ready to go questing and whatnot, when a group of hired thugs appeared. So, naturally, we began to brawl. The guards stationed outside the gates helped me fend them off. When the last thug fell, all went back to normal. A guard was about to say one of his famous lines when out of nowhere my controller slipped from my hands (how, I don't know) and landed directly on the Power Button, releasing a Shout at the guard. Needless to say, he and the other guards began to attack me. Being the bright guy that I am, I ran right back into Windhelm. There, I was chased by every living thing until I ran out of Stamina (not a good day to be a vampire). Since running away was no longer an option, I drew my sword and fought back. I took out a couple of guards and NPCs, but with the sun out, my vampire wasn't going to survive for much longer. I escaped Windhelm but everybody followed, much like your encounter. With nowhere else to go, I prepared for certain death. Then, I spotted hope. On the bridge that leads to the gate of Windhelm, there is a door-sized opening carved into the wall. It's a straight drop into the river from there. I hacked and slashed my way over to the opening and dove off, hoping that the water wasn't shallow. It was deep, and I survived. I swam to safety and waited for night to fall.

Fun times. ;)

lol another vampire escape from Windhelm :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts