your favorite kind of music ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

lol i`m older than that.
vinyl generation.
such a diverse recording that I usally play the entire 4 sides when I listen to it

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
lol i`m older than that.
vinyl generation.
such a diverse recording that I usally play the entire 4 sides when I listen to it
Ahhh vinyls are the Best. I had a buddy whose parents had alllll the great classic rock albums you could think of. Never forget when I first heard Waiting For the Sun on vinyl. Better than any sound system or mp3 or whatever, perfect intro

Jokarr

I love metal and anything with a fast paced hard beat. when i play skyrim i listen to rob zombie, two steps from hell, apocolyptica, or lost prophets. but i listen to alot of techno/electronic musik and orchestral. XD

stagnant94

what is the best album ever ?
...we came in?

pink floyd: the wall.

overrated? only if you don't know the story behind it. otherwise its underrated.

it is what i consider the last of the great pink floyd. the final cut wasn't the same. roger waters felt disconnected from the band which is what the wall was about; a fictional character called Pink based on roger waters who, because of various experiences in his life (his father dying in WW2, his over-bearing mother, and his abusive school teachers ) starts to build a mental 'wall' in his head, separating him from society. his almost complete wall needed something to fill it in. now a famous rockstar, Pink is ignoring his wife (thanks to his almost complete wall) and later he discovers his wife cheating on him. The wall is complete.

moving on. he immediately realises his mistake in completely separating himself from society and tries to call out to those who are 'beyond the wall' but he can't reach them. no one can hear from behind the wall.

his agent. who is trying to find him as a show is about to start. discovers him in his room as emotionless as a stone and gets a doctor to use drugs on him to prepare him for the show, but the drugs did more to him than prepare him. on stage he begins to envision himself as a fascist dictator. his shows as rallies. and sends his legions of fans to attack ethnic minorities. this racist group uses the iconic logo of the marching hammers. this goes on for a while longer until finally...

STOP! pink is overcome with guilt. he starts to realise that this wall was no ones fault but his own and so begins the climax. Pink puts himself on trial in his head. his mother, schoolteacher and wife have dug their way through the wall to give evidence before the court and give their account. after doing so the judge, depicted as a giant worm, is disgusted at how pink has treated his wife and mother. and as pink has revealed his deepest fear. the judge sentences him to be exposed before his peers. and orders him to tear down the wall.

the wall is destroyed and suddenly everything seems new and fresh. and he finds himself back at the beginning again.

sorry for the overly long plot summary. but i have only posted what is about a fraction of everything the wall touches on. i have listened to the wall many times and each time i listen to it i notice something else. I'm probably wrong at a few points there but most of it is correct.

Isn't this where...

thatwudbryan

...we came in?

pink floyd: the wall.

overrated? only if you don't know the story behind it. otherwise its underrated.

it is what i consider the last of the great pink floyd. the final cut wasn't the same. roger waters felt disconnected from the band which is what the wall was about; a fictional character called Pink based on roger waters who, because of various experiences in his life (his father dying in WW2, his over-bearing mother, and his abusive school teachers ) starts to build a mental 'wall' in his head, separating him from society. his almost complete wall needed something to fill it in. now a famous rockstar, Pink is ignoring his wife (thanks to his almost complete wall) and later he discovers his wife cheating on him. The wall is complete.

moving on. he immediately realises his mistake in completely separating himself from society and tries to call out to those who are 'beyond the wall' but he can't reach them. no one can hear from behind the wall.

his agent. who is trying to find him as a show is about to start. discovers him in his room as emotionless as a stone and gets a doctor to use drugs on him to prepare him for the show, but the drugs did more to him than prepare him. on stage he begins to envision himself as a fascist dictator. his shows as rallies. and sends his legions of fans to attack ethnic minorities. this racist group uses the iconic logo of the marching hammers. this goes on for a while longer until finally...

STOP! pink is overcome with guilt. he starts to realise that this wall was no ones fault but his own and so begins the climax. Pink puts himself on trial in his head. his mother, schoolteacher and wife have dug their way through the wall to give evidence before the court and give their account. after doing so the judge, depicted as a giant worm, is disgusted at how pink has treated his wife and mother. and as pink has revealed his deepest fear. the judge sentences him to be exposed before his peers. and orders him to tear down the wall.

the wall is destroyed and suddenly everything seems new and fresh. and he finds himself back at the beginning again.

sorry for the overly long plot summary. but i have only posted what is about a fraction of everything the wall touches on. i have listened to the wall many times and each time i listen to it i notice something else. I'm probably wrong at a few points there but most of it is correct.

Isn't this where...
So, let me get this straight, because you barely found out what the Wall is about that makes it an underrated and best album All-time? Sorry but no, no not at all. If your looking at it as a complete musical standpoint everything considered, Darkside of The Moon is their best album BY FAR. Music, lyrics, playing off one anothers musical cues, allusions hidden within songs, Darkside all the way. The Wall is OK, real popular everyones heard it all that jazz but I'd say Animals and maybe even Obscured by Clouds have better messages and stories told within them. I'd bet good money you've never even heard a lot of their lesser known albums.

stagnant94

So, let me get this straight, because you barely found out what the Wall is about that makes it an underrated and best album All-time? Sorry but no, no not at all. If your looking at it as a complete musical standpoint everything considered, Darkside of The Moon is their best album BY FAR. Music, lyrics, playing off one anothers musical cues, allusions hidden within songs, Darkside all the way. The Wall is OK, real popular everyones heard it all that jazz but I'd say Animals and maybe even Obscured by Clouds have better messages and stories told within them. I'd bet good money you've never even heard a lot of their lesser known albums.
i've listened to all of their albums from the roger waters period. I'm not a fan of the syd barrett stuff as i prefer progressive rock. the Wall is overrated unless you know the story behind it. as the wall is never credited for its story as much as i think it should. DSOTM is an amazing album but its not my favourite. I'm entitled to my own opinion and in my opinion DSOTM is more overrated than the wall. WYWH is also a fantastic album. animals was interesting, i loved the concept but liked the actual album. it was an amazing album in general. but on my pink floyd scale it does not rank very high. i do know what the Wall is about. but if you want a full synopsis then you can google it. I'm not going to take up a huge amount of time on typing one out here.

maybe i didn't make it clear enough, i didn't mention that my post was my opinion only which of course it was. but i think it should be taken for granted as everything in music is an opinion. i however. do not like or appreciate the fact that you are trying to tell me my opinion is wrong. as i am certainly not doing that to you.

thatwudbryan

i've listened to all of their albums from the roger waters period. I'm not a fan of the syd barrett stuff as i prefer progressive rock. the Wall is overrated unless you know the story behind it. as the wall is never credited for its story as much as i think it should. DSOTM is an amazing album but its not my favourite. I'm entitled to my own opinion and in my opinion DSOTM is more overrated than the wall. WYWH is also a fantastic album. animals was interesting, i loved the concept but liked the actual album. it was an amazing album in general. but on my pink floyd scale it does not rank very high. i do know what the Wall is about. but if you want a full synopsis then you can google it. I'm not going to take up a huge amount of time on typing one out here.

maybe i didn't make it clear enough, i didn't mention that my post was my opinion only which of course it was. but i think it should be taken for granted as everything in music is an opinion. i however. do not like or appreciate the fact that you are trying to tell me my opinion is wrong. as i am certainly not doing that to you.
Hmm well after reading that I've fully learned we like different facets of The Floyd I apologize for coming off as offensive, im really into music in case you can't tell. The whole "overrated, only if you don't know the story behind it" really rubbed me the wrong way. Thats like askin a Deadhead if he knows who the second drummer is STRAIGHT BLASPHEMY!. Again though, sorry bout that man it's obvious you know music and it is your opinion which you are entitled to. O n theres is nothing overrated about DSOTM other than the fact of its mass popularity.

stagnant94

Hmm well after reading that I've fully learned we like different facets of The Floyd I apologize for coming off as offensive, im really into music in case you can't tell. The whole "overrated, only if you don't know the story behind it" really rubbed me the wrong way. Thats like askin a Deadhead if he knows who the second drummer is STRAIGHT BLASPHEMY!. Again though, sorry bout that man it's obvious you know music and it is your opinion which you are entitled to. O n theres is nothing overrated about DSOTM other than the fact of its mass popularity.
no problem. i seem to go through stages with pink floyd. this time next year WYWH will probably be my favourite. consider my bad manners rating undone

thatwudbryan

no problem. i seem to go through stages with pink floyd. this time next year WYWH will probably be my favourite. consider my bad manners rating undone
Well, I think we can all agree that All of their albums are all great in one way or another jus kinda depends on musical preference which ones you prefer most. Well, up until after the Division bell...

Adam Warlock

wish I had the opportunity to see Pink Floyd live back in the day
nevertheless taking a nostalgia trip this month to see Ian Anderson present Thick as a Brick

stagnant94

i wonder if they are planning to do any more live performances? now that they don't hate each other

thatwudbryan

I know Nick Mason played down here in LA a year or two ago, friend of mine went 2 see em. I'd pay under 90 bucks to see em play live

stagnant94

I know Nick Mason played down here in LA a year or two ago, friend of mine went 2 see em. I'd pay under 90 bucks to see em play live
nick mason is the only one who is still friends with all of them. he's also the only one who's ex-wife i know

thatwudbryan

nick mason is the only one who is still friends with all of them. he's also the only one who's ex-wife i know
Man the drummers never give a f*** there cool with everyone always the guys up front who act like pre-Madonnas n seriously no kiddin? Damn small world where you from if you don't mind me askin?

Ugh this could of been a cool thread just to see what people like to listen to but instead certain individuals have to put their own two cents in about everyone elses tastes in music. I don't care what other people think is better because everyone has their own opinion if someone thinks The Wall is the best Floyd album then the Wall is the best Floyd album and if someone thinks Bieber is the best singer then bieber is the best singer, what you like isn't going to change what they like.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Ugh this could of been a cool thread just to see what people like to listen to but instead certain individuals have to put their own two cents in about everyone elses tastes in music. I don't care what other people think is better because everyone has their own opinion if someone thinks The Wall is the best Floyd album then the Wall is the best Floyd album and if someone thinks Bieber is the best singer then bieber is the best singer, what you like isn't going to change what they like.
What you're getting at is correct, although what you're saying is wrong. Anyone saying anything doesn't mean it's correct. I think everyone here can agree we don't like Justin Bieber's music, but just because one person on Earth likes it, doesn't mean it's good.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts