• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hi all i curantly have skyrim on Xbox and i saw the PC version was easier to mod had console commands and more stuff i was wondering if i should buy it for PC as well and also what are the graphical needs of the game for PC

HELP PLEASE!

I have a dual core 3.0 ghz CPU, 4gb of RAM and an ATI Radeon 4890 GPU and I can run the game on ultra (max), but I never get above 30 fps since the resolution pack came out.

thats awesome

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I really like the Xbox but I hate it that it is impossible to mod the game. I also don't like the fact that I can not use screenrecorders :\

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I really like the Xbox but I hate it that it is impossible to mod the game. I also don't like the fact that I can not use screenrecorders :\

I play Xbox too, mainly because I always liked games, and all my other friends had a Xbox too, so they talked me into it. I was doubting to buy an PS3..

Anouck van Aalst, there are devices that you can put between your TV and Xbox, so you can record it. I don't know much about it, but I saw these things at Mediamarkt or Saturn!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I play Xbox too, mainly because I always liked games, and all my other friends had a Xbox too, so they talked me into it. I was doubting to buy an PS3..

Anouck van Aalst, there are devices that you can put between your TV and Xbox, so you can record it. I don't know much about it, but I saw these things at Mediamarkt or Saturn!

Saw it to but they are expensive. Skyrim screenrecorder for PC is free :)

Buying an xbox because your friends have one is a smart decision. You could buy games together or borrow them from eachother. I do that with a friend of mine.

yea might get the pc version then

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
I own both versions (PC and X-Box). Yes, you can mod the PC version and yes, you can use console commands and so forth, etc. etc. etc. The games, quests, etc. (in there basic, vanilla content) are the same. I would say if you have the extra money to do it and you want to do it, then hey...it's your dime do it. Personally, for me, no I wouldn't. Why? Because I don't see the mods and console commands as reason enough to warrant the extra outlay of money. I would rather save the money and get me maybe a better Video Card, other games, etc. This is just me and my opinion. The only reason I have both is because my X-Box and the games were bought for me this past Christmas, so I had no say in it so to speak. But, then again, I'm 42 and a tightwad with $$$$$.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Saw it to but they are expensive. Skyrim screenrecorder for PC is free :)

Buying an xbox because your friends have one is a smart decision. You could buy games together or borrow them from eachother. I do that with a friend of mine.

Sadly they are expensive, but if you really wanted too, it's an option.

I use pc, due to the fact that I don't run it off a disk, I don't have to put up with the loading times.

My specs: Intel Quad Core i5 3550, 3.7 ghz with Turbo boost, Nvidia GTX 660 ti, 8gb of dual channel ram, DRR5 i think, 650 W power source with fan.

I use pc, due to the fact that I don't run it off a disk, I don't have to put up with the loading times.

My specs: Intel Quad Core i5 3550, 3.7 ghz with Turbo boost, Nvidia GTX 660 ti, 8gb of dual channel ram, DRR5 i think, 650 W power source with fan.
thacks for this post really helpful i got like £800 for my 18th got money to blow

thacks for this post really helpful i got like £800 for my 18th got money to blow

Your welcome, plus, with pc, you can get more than 512 mb of ram. The problem with RAM in console is that there is a set amount for video, and an amount for the cpu. If the video card runs out of memory, the game will drop in fps, but on pc, as long as your gpu is good enough to hit say, 60 fps, it will stay at 60 fps, because if the graphic card runs out of ram, it can use the ram you installed.

512 mb or ram is barely enough to do anything.

Plus, 1gb = 2~5 dollars anyways, you dan easily get 8gbs.
800 dollars is enough for a gaming pc, but don't go my specs, I got it on boxing day and it costed around $1100.
(Don't forget to like my post, and also, don't buy premade pc, order the parts and have a store like Canada Computers build it for you, a lot cheaper that way.)

at the moment i have a toshiba

on display it says
Ati radeon HD 3200 Graphics
and curant display mode is 1366 x 768 (32 bit) 60Hz)

Realtek High Definition audio

with 2048mb ram

is that good enough lol im not sure

at the moment i have a toshiba

on display it says
Ati radeon HD 3200 Graphics
and curant display mode is 1366 x 768 (32 bit) 60Hz)

Realtek High Definition audio

with 2048mb ram

is that good enough lol im not sure

It is decent for a laptop, but if that is a desktop, you seriously need to upgrade.
(But most likely it is a laptop due to your 32 bit operating system.)

2048 ram is enough for skyrim, but adding 2 gb more won't hurt, especially since they only cost 5$ per gigabyte at a retail store, and even less online if you buy many at a time. (Eg. 8 gb.)
If you want to add mods, that is a must.

Any graphics card can run Skyrim, but you need a nvidia gtx 460 equivalent or higher to play it on high to ultra high. That is around 150~200$ for the gpu.
(Did you know that SKyrim on high is more realistic than Skyrim on Ultra High?)

I also recommend getting a quad-core for Skyrim, Intel will give you more ghz on each core, and AMd will give you more cores, but less processing power on each core.
According to my friend, Intel products are more durable, but I will recommend AMD because their processors are APUs, and are more compact and cost efficient.

yeah its a laptop i hope it works lol i havent a clue where to buy things lol

PC for the mods and there's less grinding due to the console commands. Plus you can beta test the latest patch and not have to wait for "the end of the month" to play the legendary settings.

Xbox for...........the noise of a F14 taking off in the corner as the game loads.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
360. -braces for backlash-

Call me a crotchety old fool (I'm only eighteen, but...), but I'm horribly slow at PC controls. I'm more acclimated to console gaming.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts