Spoiler Why does everybody love Cicero so much?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Not just his voice, his character, his obsession with the night mother, his stupidity and naivety, he's just so hatable. He could have a soothing voice like Deus-Ex's Adam and I would still hate him for what he is.

How is he stupid? Insanity doesn't equal stupidity, nor naivety. I find it hard to believe a trained Assassin can be naive. And his obsession with the Night Mother is a result of his insanity. Read the journals. Completely spells it out for you. But, judging by your severe lack of comprehension skill, you'd have no idea what's being said.

NightWolf

NightWolf,

I take back what I said Cicero is a pretty cool guy. Who else is an Assassin Jester.

Niflheimr

How is he stupid? Insanity doesn't equal stupidity, nor naivety. I find it hard to believe a trained Assassin can be naive. And his obsession with the Night Mother is a result of his insanity. Read the journals. Completely spells it out for you. But, judging by your severe lack of comprehension skill, you'd have no idea what's being said.

I just don't stand him. There are many people in real life that you can't stand and you can't help it but hate him, Cicero is like one of those people but the difference is that he is in a video game.
I understand everything being said, just because my comprehension skill is not good enough it doesn't mean I don't understand what being said (And my comprehension is not supposed to be that good, since English is not even my 2nd language, more like 3rd and I only learnt proper English like 6 years ago )

Jeff31

Premium Member
I just don't stand him. There are many people in real life that you can't stand and you can't help it but hate him, Cicero is like one of those people but the difference is that he is in a video game.
I understand everything being said, just because my comprehension skill is not good enough it doesn't mean I don't understand what being said (And my comprehension is not supposed to be that good, since English is not even my 2nd language, more like 3rd and I only learnt proper English like 6 years ago )

I agree with u and u speak great english by the way

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
meh, skeevers are cooler :3

IxHeartxWAR

Aili the Nord
The most annoying person in the game I have met. I killed him as soon as I got the chance. But he was actually the most loyal to the brotherhood and night mother. Astrid was screwing it up and he was trying to get it back so if you look at it that way he was a good person for the brotherhood. But his voice was so god damn annoying
I love his voice best! Haha. His little sayings and ramblings as he follows you around are pretty awesome. "I spy a singing bird, I'll snap it's neck before it's heard~"

Normally, I cannot stand it when anything or anyone speaks in the third person, but for some reason I absolutely adore when Cicero does. He's just adorable and almost innocent (though everyone knows he is far from that!) in persona. "Let's kill someone!"

I think that's just it. I think he's adorable. <3 lol

Jwalker224

I 100% despised Cicero, after the first two seconds of dialogue with him i concluded he was going to die one way or the other. Plus, he is carrying some pretty valuable items that can be pretty useful for their abilities or selling theme is worth about 5k.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I 100% despised Cicero, after the first two seconds of dialogue with him i concluded he was going to die one way or the other. Plus, he is carrying some pretty valuable items that can be pretty useful for their abilities or selling theme is worth about 5k.

profile_picture_by_trollciceroplz-d4opqlz.png

Grey Fox

I guess I hit the nail on the head. There is definately no middle ground with this one, but I still really like him. He's the MOST loyal of them all. I'm a little bit biased as well because I really like crazy people!

Dovakiin98

I like Cicero because his dialogue cracks me up and I love how loyal he is to the Night Mother.I hated Astrid because she is a jealous jerk and she led the Dark Brotherhood away from the Night Mother.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
First off, this could be answered with...

CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!!! Wait, scratch that. No cheese for no one.

But seriously, fans of Sheogorath should love Cicero. The Jester Assassin himself has some mental stability issues, which is a very common trait for the people who live in the Shivering Isles. Hell, the fact that he's an assassin who is dressed as the very jester he once killed should automatically award him with the title of the Duke of Mania.

As far as other reasons go, the history that's described in his journals pretty much wins the adoration from those who appreciate character development of any kind.

I don't know if I LOVE Cicero per say, but I do know that the way he fits into the quest storyline and comments on it is absolutely great.

Kill Cicero or not, at the end of the Dark Brotherhood questline you've restored the order to it's "former glory" partly by embracing it's tenets fully again. In short switching back from an impoverished band of professional assasssins to a Eldritch abomination worshipping cult that attracts most of it's members from the homidically insane.

In short you once more become the organization that spawns people like Cicero.

NightWolf

NightWolf,

I have to say, after considering it, Cicero is a pretty cool guy. I actually love the insane type people in these games. I guess I just have a grudge against him for killing my family in the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
Pardon me, but I seem to have misplaced Shadowmere. I can't find him and I'm one hundred percent sure I didn't kill him. Now he's gone. I has a sad.

Edit** Nevermind, I just went back to an earlier save file.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I just wish Cicero hadn't stabbed Veezara.

They should have had Veezara survive from the betrayal, he is the last of the Shadowscales after all.

Xiomn

JerseyTheJester truly does want to bum Cicero up the butt as it is clearly shown he expresses his love emotions towards him consistently not to mention his name has 'Jester' in it and the picture of Cicero. I bet he arouses himself over his image everyday. Gay. :cool:

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
LOL, killing one of the few immortal followers. I just don't understand it.

Since there is more than one immortal follower, it's all about choice. And the fact that he can't be killed is a point AGAINST him in my book since I don't like the fact that there are unkillable NPCs. Maven Black-Briar, Farengar Secret-Fire and the host of annoying invulnerable children to name but a few.

I love you people. You kill a character simply on his voice. Not based on his character development or back story. Nobody 'reads' into things anymore when confronted with media. Nobody picks apart a story or character anymore to determine an outcome.

No. You simply kill him because his voice is annoying. -_- *facepalm*

It's my game and my game experience. Having someone follow me around and speak the way Cicero does would detract from my enjoyment of the game so I don't use him. My lack of perception on character depth is simply because I find other things about the game more interesting and this is not an area I focus on when my main motivation is to kill things. Perhaps I'll give him a shot with another character. He's amusing but difficult to be around because of his voice. I can't help it. That's just me.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
I don't like him because he seems like a ripoff of the Joker in many of the old Batman cartoons (blame my husband's love of super hero cartoons for me knowing this LOL). My first playthrough I let him live because Lucien Lachance's ghost said that Sithis wanted him alive, but eventually I found him so annoying that I led him to Boethia's shrine and sacrificed him after disabling his essential flag.