Why do People love Paarthunax? You know he was meant to die right?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anton Volkihar

Vampire Lord, Champion of Molag Bal, Dragonborn
It amazes me how much People care about a Game Character that was meant to be killed. He waited for Alduin because he was waiting for Paarthunax and the Last Dragonborn so he could become Lord of all the Dragons and he never changed he said it himself that he fights his nature everyday therefore he didnt really change at all. His whole plan was to use the last dragonborn to kill alduin and then either wait for the last dragonborn to die or send Dragons over your way to kill you for him so he can rule. Its all a front so he can rule his ambition to rule is so powerful he suppressed his inner nature for thousands of years just so he can someday rule and time means nothing to the Dovah.
He needed you to kill alduin so he can rule why cant people see this
and there is no more interaction with you and paarthunax after the MQ so whats the point keeping him alive? he used you. I have played this game many times and you can tell he was meant to die

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
It is an interpretation. Since we never know what happens after the dragonborn dies, we won't find out if your choice was the good one. Even Bethesda didn't 'pick' a side - and they created the character. This is one of those points in the game where you have to make a decision based on your own views and opinion. There is no 'good guy' and a 'villain'. Only your interpretation...

Anouck has spoken :cool:

Anton Volkihar

f
It is an interpretation. Since we never know what happens after the dragonborn dies, we won't find out if your choice was the good one. Even Bethesda didn't 'pick' a side - and they created the character. This is one of those points in the game where you have to make a decision based on your own views and opinion. There is no 'good guy' and a 'villain'. Only your interpretation...

Anouck has spoken :cool:
that makes sense

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
It amazes me how much People care about a Game Character that was meant to be killed. He waited for Alduin because he was waiting for Paarthunax and the Last Dragonborn so he could become Lord of all the Dragons and he never changed he said it himself that he fights his nature everyday therefore he didnt really change at all. His whole plan was to use the last dragonborn to kill alduin and then either wait for the last dragonborn to die or send Dragons over your way to kill you for him so he can rule. Its all a front so he can rule his ambition to rule is so powerful he suppressed his inner nature for thousands of years just so he can someday rule and time means nothing to the Dovah.
He needed you to kill alduin so he can rule why cant people see this
and there is no more interaction with you and paarthunax after the MQ so whats the point keeping him alive? he used you. I have played this game many times and you can tell he was meant to die

That is actually the way The Blades see it, if you noticed, both The Greybeards (Paarthunax is the leader of them) and The Blades influence you, and tell you should be on their side.

The argument you gave, is pro Blades.

I don't think Paarthunax is placed there to be murdered, why would he give you lessons on certain words if he was just there to be murdered?

Anton Volkihar

That is actually the way The Blades see it, if you noticed, both The Greybeards (Paarthunax is the leader of them) and The Blades influence you, and tell you should be on their side.

I don't think Paarthunax is placed there to be murdered, why would he give you lessons on certain words if he was just there to be murdered?

hmm good question.. maybe bethesda just put the meditations there for the hell of it lol im not sure

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

hmm good question.. maybe bethesda just put the meditations there for the hell of it lol im not sure

I don't think it would be for the hell of it. just because that makes no sense, why give the leader of The Greybeards some powers for the hell of it, while you are gonna kill him anyway. He's meant to either be there or die. Just as Anouck mentioned before, it depends on your playthrough.

Anton Volkihar

I don't think it would be for the hell of it. just because that makes no sense, why give the leader of The Greybeards some powers for the hell of it, while you are gonna kill him anyway. He's meant to either be there or die. Just as Anouck mentioned before, it depends on your playthrough.

I agree about the playthrough part but maybe we were meant to see he was just playin the last dragonborn for a sucker and didnt think the Last Dragonborn would catch onto his plans of domination and ambition?

Anton Volkihar

I agree about the playthrough part but maybe we were meant to see he was just playin the last dragonborn for a sucker and didnt think the Last Dragonborn would catch onto his plans of domination and ambition?

maybe we were meant to see Paarthunax as he is and destroy him the way of the voice goes against the prophecy of the last dragonborn. the last dragonborn is supposed to destroy all dragons off of nirn and paarthunax served his purpouse and the greybeards go against the last dragonborns goals and prophecy the way of the voice goes against the dragonborns path that he was meant to take and to keep paarthunax alive is to shirk your duty as the last dragonborn. keeping a dragon especially Paarthurnax alive is not wjat the prophecy says you should do thats my opinion anyways. Paarthunax should be seen as he is and im thinking bethesda didnt think the quest "paarthunax" would have been so controversial so they set it up as " optional" to future game plays

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Don't get me started...

Most people forgive him for everything just because he offers a couple buffs.

Dawn

This is one of those game choices developers like to throw at players which have no right answer.

YOU decide how to interpret the limited information provided, and YOU decide what actions to take based on that information.

If you develop your characters with a bit of back story and understand their motivations, try to see these decisions through their eyes, you might come to very different conclusions with different characters.

LotusEater

Aumeier%2C_Hans.jpg

Exterminated thousands of humans... taught me how to meditate. Lets party!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
One play through I didn't kill him. The other game I did. But it was by accident because Parthy glitched out on me during that first battle with Alduin. I regretted it. And Parthys skeleton haunted me forever after, showing up in all sorts of places, even in the major cities, draped over the buildings. used to scare the s**t out of me.
This play through the Blades have demanded I kill him but no-one tells me what to do, so I refuse.

LotusEater

One play through I didn't kill him. The other game I did. But it was by accident because Parthy glitched out on me during that first battle with Alduin. I regretted it. And Parthys skeleton haunted me forever after, showing up in all sorts of places, even in the major cities, draped over the buildings. used to scare the s**t out of me.
This play through the Blades have demanded I kill him but no-one tells me what to do, so I refuse.

I guess I simply take "atrocities" towards humans a little more personal than most. I wish I could drag his skeleton onto my lawn at Lakeview. :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I guess I simply take "atrocities" towards humans a little more personal than most. I wish I could drag his skeleton onto my lawn at Lakeview. :)

I get what you are saying.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Don't care about the humans. All they do is kill each other over stupid opinions, be greedy and subjegate any that are not like them.

We don't have dragons in our swamps.

Blades are terrible people. Will not do their bidding.

Greybeards are old men with big mouths. Will not do their bidding.

I go now to explore some caves under the cold waters above Solitude and leave all of you to argue pointlessness.

Smooches

Ba'Meht

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Seriously, all the hate for Paarthurnax is sickening.I doubt very much that anyone in his position during the Dragon Wars wouldn't do the same thing if it meant survival.Imho, the Blades are genocidal loons.Yes dragons are dangerous, so are bears,saber cats,etc.Hell,why don't we let the Blades kill Odahviing too,or perhaps kill the player?Both are powerful and dangerous, and can be corrupted..

Lotus..really?a Nazi..?My grandfather was Waffen SS,not all Nazis were like Hitler and his circle...some were nazis because they wanted chane and at the begining,thats what Hitler promised.Judge all on the acts of few..stereotypical of Germans

xBadKarma

the Sloth Queen
I killed him once in my other playthrough b|c I thought this was what I was meant to do, haha. I decided on my current playthrough not to, though. I'm feel indifferent towards the character :/ It's cool that he taught the Tongues and helps me meditate but I don't like what he did to the people at that time ://

LotusEater

Seriously, all the hate for Paarthurnax is sickening.I doubt very much that anyone in his position during the Dragon Wars wouldn't do the same thing if it meant survival.Imho, the Blades are genocidal loons.Yes dragons are dangerous, so are bears,saber cats,etc.Hell,why don't we let the Blades kill Odahviing too,or perhaps kill the player?Both are powerful and dangerous, and can be corrupted..

Lotus..really?a Nazi..?My grandfather was waffen as,not all Nazis were like Hitler and his circle...stereotypical of Germans

Ya really... First Lieutenant to the destruction of humans... ring any bells? Not your standard German... err dragon.

As far as the Blades go, when you take the oath, you swear to protect all of Tamriel. The oath to stay friends with Paarth and the Greybeards is to just basically cover your ass and theirs.

I'd rather take an oath to protect the continent and not worry about protecting a useless mountain. But that's just me. Fortunately that mountain falls in the Blades jurisdiction, so we cover their asses by default. You're welcome.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts