Why do People love Paarthunax? You know he was meant to die right?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I hate the Dominion with a passion,so as far as I'm concerned, it makes little difference if I side with "The Blades" or not.I'll still headhunt Thalmor.
say u used be will, who would you rather have serve you though 2 washed up criminals or thousands of altmer soldiers, I know the soldiers would be more useful in nearly everyway, also I have nothing against the thalmor infact I have a mod that lets me join them

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Paathurnax is getting a lot of racism here.
IRL if a new force (in this case mankind, led By Paathurnax) beats the lands original owners (the dragon cult) then the new group would take over and the leader would reign. this has happened hundreds of times across the earth in medival times, so why wouldent it happen here? Not to mention the fact that the rebellion would have failed without him.
In a way, he DESERVES to rule mankind based on his past good deeds, even now though all he seeks now is leadership over the dragons.

Riven326

It amazes me how much People care about a Game Character that was meant to be killed. He waited for Alduin because he was waiting for Paarthunax and the Last Dragonborn so he could become Lord of all the Dragons and he never changed he said it himself that he fights his nature everyday therefore he didnt really change at all. His whole plan was to use the last dragonborn to kill alduin and then either wait for the last dragonborn to die or send Dragons over your way to kill you for him so he can rule. Its all a front so he can rule his ambition to rule is so powerful he suppressed his inner nature for thousands of years just so he can someday rule and time means nothing to the Dovah.
He needed you to kill alduin so he can rule why cant people see this
and there is no more interaction with you and paarthunax after the MQ so whats the point keeping him alive? he used you. I have played this game many times and you can tell he was meant to die
He was put there by Bethesda to make a case for why dragons should be allowed to exist despite their inborn nature to dominate. He wasn't put there just so you could kill him and collect another dragon soul.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
the last dragonborn is supposed to destroy all dragons off of nirn and paarthunax served his purpouse and the greybeards go against the last dragonborns goals and prophecy the way of the voice goes against the dragonborns path that he was meant to take and to keep paarthunax alive is to shirk your duty as the last dragonborn. keeping a dragon especially Paarthurnax alive is not wjat the prophecy says you should do thats my opinion anyways. Paarthunax should be seen as he is and im thinking bethesda didnt think the quest "paarthunax" would have been so controversial so they set it up as " optional" to future game plays

The destiny of the Last Dragonborn was to defeat Alduin, allowing Alduin to realise his true duty as World Eater rather than subjugator of mortals and therefore prepare Alduin for when his divine duty is required. Nothing is said over whether the Last Dragonborn was intended to destroy the other dragons. The fate of other Dragons is a choice to the player and debatable for us all.

It amazes me how much People care about a Game Character that was meant to be killed. He waited for Alduin because he was waiting for Paarthunax and the Last Dragonborn so he could become Lord of all the Dragons and he never changed he said it himself that he fights his nature everyday therefore he didnt really change at all. His whole plan was to use the last dragonborn to kill alduin and then either wait for the last dragonborn to die or send Dragons over your way to kill you for him so he can rule. Its all a front so he can rule his ambition to rule is so powerful he suppressed his inner nature for thousands of years just so he can someday rule and time means nothing to the Dovah.
He needed you to kill alduin so he can rule why cant people see this
and there is no more interaction with you and paarthunax after the MQ so whats the point keeping him alive? he used you. I have played this game many times and you can tell he was meant to die

My decision was loosely based on my admiration for him and I'm emotionally attached to the characters in the game. I gladly killed Mercer Fray and I opted to wipe that General Tulius out of the picture; but I couldn't kill Paarthunax. He's also my favorite beast in the game.

Ritterkreuz

If not for Paarthunax Alduin would have won, it's as simple as that. So in my eyes he's just as important as the Dragonborn for the salvation of Mankind. Thus, I will always let him live. Delphine and her overly zealous attitude totally rubs me the wrong way.