• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Gooch

Im just curious if anyone else has the drive that i do when it comes to making money. As of right now I'm sitting at 710060 with a lifetime total of 877743 and still counting. Anybody got me beat cause everyone i talk to personally tells me I'm nuts and that would take too long. Thanks

I could make that much if the shop owners carried more than 1000 gold. I'm sitting on magic items worth 3K and 4K but cant sell without taking a big loss.

The Gooch

I could make that much if the shop owners carried more than 1000 gold. I'm sitting on magic items worth 3K and 4K but cant sell without taking a big loss.
GEt your speech up and use the investment perk, one youve done that got o riverwood and invest with the trader lucan i think, after which he should have his original trade amount but he also has a extra 10 grand in his pocket thats where i offload those pricey items he has it every 48 hours try it out it this allows me to pick up anything expensive and sell it I have my smithing at 100 and all the perks for it when you got "Epic or Legendary " on all the big armors they are worth a couple grand I stockpiled forever until I started investing in business's didnt go back to river wood for a few weeks real time but when I did I was pissed because here i was with all this plops and no way to get around with out going back and forth but now I can offload everything at once. But my style is Lots of stamina to bring up carry weight , two handed to the max, max smithing, heavy dragon armor Over 400 without a shield, and a big deadric hammer smithed up to 184 damage.When you do this much trading your speech skyrockets. Smithing helps make a plops ton of cash

Kuurus

GEt your speech up and use the investment perk, one youve done that got o riverwood and invest with the trader lucan i think, after which he should have his original trade amount but he also has a extra 10 grand in his pocket thats where i offload those pricey items he has it every 48 hours try it out it this allows me to pick up anything expensive and sell it I have my smithing at 100 and all the perks for it when you got "Epic or Legendary " on all the big armors they are worth a couple grand I stockpiled forever until I started investing in business's didnt go back to river wood for a few weeks real time but when I did I was pissed because here i was with all this pl*** and no way to get around with out going back and forth but now I can offload everything at once. But my style is Lots of stamina to bring up carry weight , two handed to the max, max smithing, heavy dragon armor Over 400 without a shield, and a big deadric hammer smithed up to 184 damage.When you do this much trading your speech skyrockets. Smithing helps make a pl*** ton of cash
While that certainly would work, there isn't much point to it. Why waste the perks to make even more money when you can't spend what you already have? I have at least 150k worth of stuff to sell stashed in containers in my houses, but since I already have almost 300k in gold and nothing to spend it on, it doesn't really matter. Spending 4 perks in Speech to get to investment wouldn't really benefit me in any way.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
One of my characters broke the 200k mark but I've never bothered to invest in Speech either. It's a rather useless tree unless you want to roleplay it. There just aren't enough things to spend money on and my bank account grows constantly from my compulsive looting habits. And like Kuurus I'm not even selling everything. I stash flawless gems and the higher valued gem stones such as ruby, sapphire, emerald and diamond as well as jewelry.

I can Transmute iron ore into silver and gold. Amethysts and garnets are almost as common as rocks so I can also make my own jewelry, enchant it, and make an even bigger profit. And my biggest moneymaker is Alchemy. If I ever need to buy something from a merchant that will allow me to sell potions I can get all my gold back plus whatever they have on them. I don't even need potions of Haggling or magic items that can get me a discount.

The only time I'm ever short of cash is when I'm just starting a new character.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I'm sorry my friend, but I'm ahead of ya. I just checked and I have 902761 gold.. that's right, almost a million. What's weird is I don't have any of the speech perks and I'm still this rich! Granted, I spend more time collecting and selling junk than I should and I have over 500 hours of game time under my belt, but still, I've never been this rich in a Bethesda game before. And same as the people above, I don't sell everything: I stash high-end weapons and armor that are too expensive for any merchant to buy, and I stash precious gems and later craft them into jewelry which I then sell.

I'm really hoping an expansion will provide more ways of spending cash, because it just piles up in this game and there isn't really anything expensive to buy.

I tend to waste my septims as much as possible since I know how easy it is to become rich. But I know eventually I will accumulate way more than any one redguard could ever need. We need some money sinks. I had this idea of getting some charities that you could donate to. Maybe invest money in the orphanage and watch it grow and watch the children become more happy. This could go along with the possiblity of adoption that some people have been talking about.

Ned

Nerevarine
I stopped selling things after I hit 100K and got the achievement. No point. I don't even loot most things, anymore. Just gems, which I dump into containers all over my house. I have several bowls and baskets filled with gems.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
I'm at 3K right now. I like to save up and aside from all the weapons and armor I bought when I first started the game, I would've had WAY more.

The Gooch

GUys I know theres no point to it I just cant stop it.There should be more ways to spend it. My initial goal was 100k then 250, then 500 but once i got there i figured could i make more than a million or will it max out a 999,999 just plain curious. I forgot to mention that i have all this dough and havent done many missions. I still havent pillaged the northwest corner of the map i havent gone to solitude or markkath I still got prob 50 or 60 locations i havent touched. And as far as "Wasting Perks" Im a different kind of player, i barely use magic or scrolls even. I like heavy dragon armor, big effing hammers and looting, i do the same thing in the fallout series. The advantage to bartering this much without advancing the game is Im going to be maxed out in speech, two handed, lockpicking etc. So as far as the campaign goes i wont have to abandon expert and master chests and can never fail in a conversation so to those who dont approve of "wasting Perks" its just a different way to play, I dont wear robes, carry staffs or anyhting else magical i just like the brute strength.

The Gooch

MOnol
I'm sorry my friend, but I'm ahead of ya. I just checked and I have 902761 gold.. that's right, almost a million. What's weird is I don't have any of the speech perks and I'm still this rich! Granted, I spend more time collecting and selling junk than I should and I have over 500 hours of game time under my belt, but still, I've never been this rich in a Bethesda game before. And same as the people above, I don't sell everything: I stash high-end weapons and armor that are too expensive for any merchant to buy, and I stash precious gems and later craft them into jewelry which I then sell.

I'm really hoping an expansion will provide more ways of spending cash, because it just piles up in this game and there isn't really anything expensive to buy.
Well sir thats impressive but I dont think i have even 200 hours into the game. I too have a large stockpile of weapons and armor but once i picked up several duplicates i sought out a way to pawn em off. I agree there should be more stuff to buy and ways to train. I did get nearly a million in new vegas despite the damn game freezing.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
MOnol
Well sir thats impressive but I dont think i have even 200 hours into the game. I too have a large stockpile of weapons and armor but once i picked up several duplicates i sought out a way to pawn em off. I agree there should be more stuff to buy and ways to train. I did get nearly a million in new vegas despite the damn game freezing.

Ah, I understand. Well, by the time you've clocked in as many hours gaming as I have, you'll probably be rich enough to receive an invitation to the local Bilderberg meeting (or was it Thalmor meeting?) to rub elbows with the rest of the shady elite. ;)

I also got rotten rich in New Vegas even though I never played the caravan game and didn't gamble all that much. I think money was better balanced in Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
My main character is currently carrying 983,976 gold coins. I'm not certain of the exact number, but last time I checked her lifetime gold count, it was over 2,000,000.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
Am I the only one that has money trouble in skyrim? Well I do buy a ton of random things just to
FUS RO DAH!
Them off cliffs. lol It just too fun. plus me and my freinds make a game to see who can find the most items :p

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Screenshots or everybody STFU... :p

I have finished almost all quests, got about 10K to my name.... spent it all on stuff i couldn’t be bothered to find or make. I didn’t even outfit the Danwstar Sanctury or buy a house. Never cared for trading as they never have any money worth speaking of. Speech to 100? nah.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts