• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Okay so I've searched this thread several times for this topic and haven't found anything, so I'm going to assume that I'm the first one to post (FINALLY!). IF not, then please disregard this thread, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

So with the release ot Heartfire, we console players have the ability to adopt two children. Whether we can adopt anymore than that is unknown to me, and I haven't found anything on the web. So here is my question: Who did you adopt and why? You don't have to go into full detail, but it will be interesting to read about the subject.

I adopted Lucia from Whiterun, and Sophie from Windhelm. I will admit, I nearly cried like a baby when Lucia told me what happened to her (I'm dead serious, my roomate thought something was wrong with me). So that immediately made me want to adopt her. Then I go to Windhelm to get more supplies and I meet Sophie, and the waterworks were about to come on AGAIN (seriously Bethesda, why you make such sad kiddies?). So I adopted her. But not I'm wondering who else is out there in the cold... dark... miserable world...

Your turn :)!!!!!!

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I adopted Alesian from Dawnstar, (Who turned into a brat when I gave him 1,000 gold) and I also adopted Samuel from the orphanage :D

Thorn1nYourSid3

Insert witty comment here...
I don't know if I will adopt or move anyone into my house for that matter. I have had 4 dragon attacks, 1 bandit raid attempt, and at least 2 wolf attacks at my house since I have started building. One dragon attack in particular was cool, he perched himself atop my main hall to attack me. My house really doesn't seem like a safe place for a family.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I want to adopt Aventus which i hope is possible, but constance won't let me take a kid on adventures! And she thinks I am joking when I say I am an assassin :mad:.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I adopted Runa from the Orphanage and Lucia from Whiterun. I adopted Runa because she said all the boys pick on her and she was the only girl there. Runa was also the one who told me about Lucia (since my daughter moved to my house in Whiterun). Runa ended up playing with Lucia and said she felt bad for her. So, I decided, to adopt that girl as well.

It's actually a pretty fun feature and I like that you can spoil your kids if you aren't careful.

RavenWing

I am loving Hearthfire. So far no issues or complaints.. I have adopted Lucia so far. She was such a nice kid and reminds me so much of my grand daughter. I did find one thing odd. You can give the kids you adopt presents. Treats or cloths. Money even. I gave her a red dress and a blue dress that i purchased in Whiterun. I sent her to bed at the usual time and when she awoke she was in her.. umm undergarments.
Anybody else have anything like this happen?

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I am loving Hearthfire. So far no issues or complaints.. I have adopted Lucia so far. She was such a nice kid and reminds me so much of my grand daughter. I did find one thing odd. You can give the kids you adopt presents. Treats or cloths. Money even. I gave her a red dress and a blue dress that i purchased in Whiterun. I sent her to bed at the usual time and when she awoke she was in her.. umm undergarments.
Anybody else have anything like this happen?

Apparently that has happened to multiple people, but not to me though... yet. I'm pretty sure it will though since crap like that seems to always happen to me. The universe just loves to be a troll to me.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.

Aedan Grayraven

No Limits, No Problems.
Hey. I'm a bit new here. Joined just for this topic, actually.
So, I just started adopting some kids for my house in Falkreath and I ran into a bit of an issue. I adopted a boy named Blaise and I wanted to get him a sister. So I went to Windhelm and adopted Sofie.
Problem is, she isn't appearing in my house. When I talk to my wife, she says "The children" implying she knows about Sofie, but she isn't there. I went back to Windhelm and she was right where I left her. Still saying she'd head off when she said goodbye.
Is this a glitch, or am I just being impatient? I waited a few days, but still nothing. If she is glitched and I need to adopt someone else, I saved before hand, so I can just try someone else.

Also, I play on the Xbox version of Skyrim, if that helps any. Thanks.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Ha, you speak as if Hearthfire is actually available to people that don't play on Xbox.

Next time, use the 360 tag for the thread. Eliminates confusion.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
*is on PC*
funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.

Aedan Grayraven

No Limits, No Problems.
Ha, you speak as if Hearthfire is actually available to people that don't play on Xbox.

Next time, use the 360 tag for the thread. Eliminates confusion.
I mentioned my console because there are some issues on different consoles. Some 360 users may have a glitching weapons, while PS3 users might have a spawning issue. Ect.

I adopted Samuel and Erith from Honorhall. They live with me in Hjerim (in Windhelm)

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Hey. I'm a bit new here. Joined just for this topic, actually.
So, I just started adopting some kids for my house in Falkreath and I ran into a bit of an issue. I adopted a boy named Blaise and I wanted to get him a sister. So I went to Windhelm and adopted Sofie.
Problem is, she isn't appearing in my house. When I talk to my wife, she says "The children" implying she knows about Sofie, but she isn't there. I went back to Windhelm and she was right where I left her. Still saying she'd head off when she said goodbye.
Is this a glitch, or am I just being impatient? I waited a few days, but still nothing. If she is glitched and I need to adopt someone else, I saved before hand, so I can just try someone else.

Also, I play on the Xbox version of Skyrim, if that helps any. Thanks.

sorry for the let response. the same thing happened to me (even had a house in Falkreath). but when I reloaded from an earlier save (about 3 hours -_-). I went to sofie and told her to go to my house in the pale. I teleported there and she was there... So im guessing the amount of time it takes for her to get there depends on how close the house is. I would try telling her to go to maybe the windhelm house, or one of the closer cities, and see if she goes there. hope that helps. (Im on console so... ya...)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts