• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LARulz

Hi all,

Basically I've just started and was on my way to Whiterum to go meet Jarl but got attacked all over the place by the guards and then eventually by his two council members and himself. Now, to do anything I had to kill the guards which I now obviously realised just made things 100 times worse.

I have now got to the point where all the guards are killed/gone in Whiterum but Jarl's two cronies keep attacking me whatever the case and then Jarl jumps in himself. I know that I sort of brought this on myself but is there a solution to get out of this mess?

Thanks in advance.

Oblo

#swag
You can go back to a previous save if you have one. Besides that you can make a new character because you're not that far in the game.

GameBoy13

Hi, im new to the Oblivion Scrolls. ( i apologize if i am posting in the wrong forum) i just wanted to ask, is Skyrim anything like Pokemon?

Oblo

#swag
Hi, im new to the Oblivion Scrolls. ( i apologize if i am posting in the wrong forum) i just wanted to ask, is Skyrim anything like Pokemon?

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-really-stupid.jpg

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Hi all,

Basically I've just started and was on my way to Whiterum to go meet Jarl but got attacked all over the place by the guards and then eventually by his two council members and himself. Now, to do anything I had to kill the guards which I now obviously realised just made things 100 times worse.

I have now got to the point where all the guards are killed/gone in Whiterum but Jarl's two cronies keep attacking me whatever the case and then Jarl jumps in himself. I know that I sort of brought this on myself but is there a solution to get out of this mess?

Thanks in advance.

What crime did you commit before you reached Whiterun for the guards to attack you like they did ?

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
WHITERUN*

Pwnagemeister

Yeah I kind of have the same problem... One day I was trying to pickpocket the jail key from a guard, failed like 5 times, and then decided to kill them all and leave no witnesses. Did NOT work, so i just went rampaging around Whiterun, killing everyone. I gained a lot of levels and got a lot of gold selling the stuff i looted, so I decided to go with it. I now have a $40,000 bounty, and every once in a while have bounty hunters come after me. My advice is to get your sneak skill way up, so you can just sneak around town and assasinate any guards. That's what I've been doing every time I have a quest that leads me to Whiterun.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
The only problem with that is you won't be able to proceed very far in the main quest, as you will have quite a few quests where you are dealing with the Jarl of Whiterun & if your bounty is that high then all they will do is attack you & the Jarl is one NPC you can't kill.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
/me sniffs

I smell many trolls in this thread....and I don't mean Frost Trolls.

LARulz

You can go back to a previous save if you have one. Besides that you can make a new character because you're not that far in the game.

No previous save going back that far, guess starting again is an option but will only want to do that as a last option.

You can always just submit to the guards and go to jail. Won't cost you anything but the time it takes for a loading screen and possibly a few skill points if your bounty is high.

If I do manage to find a guard and submit to him, what would happen to my items? Also if I escape, does my bounty get reset to 0?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I never played any of these games before and have just literally jumped on the games bandwagon.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
As far as I'm aware if you escape from jail you will still have a bounty.
If you store all your valuable equipment, armor, weapons & money in a house you have bought before you get arrested, which was how I did it, then serve your time without escaping, all you will lose is a couple of skill points.

LARulz

As far as I'm aware if you escape from jail you will still have a bounty.
If you store all your valuable equipment, armor, weapons & money in a house you have bought before you get arrested, which was how I did it, then serve your time without escaping, all you will lose is a couple of skill points.

OK thanks. Another dumb question spinning off that. How do you know how long your sentence is/serve your sentence?

Drake

You get all of your items back after you have served your sentence - except if some of them were stolen. If you try to escape, you have to go through the extra effort of finding the chest where your items are stored in the jail.

You don't really know how long your sentence is until you serve it. There's probably some formula or something but it's not worth knowing. All you do is sleep when you're put in your jail cell. That's also when you lose some skill points if you have an excessive bounty, but since it's early on in your game I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, if you're already a Thane of Whiterun you're able to declare yourself as such to a guard and clear your bounty. You can only do this once per hold.

LARulz

You get all of your items back after you have served your sentence - except if some of them were stolen. If you try to escape, you have to go through the extra effort of finding the chest where your items are stored in the jail.

You don't really know how long your sentence is until you serve it. There's probably some formula or something but it's not worth knowing. All you do is sleep when you're put in your jail cell. That's also when you lose some skill points if you have an excessive bounty, but since it's early on in your game I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, if you're already a Thane of Whiterun you're able to declare yourself as such to a guard and clear your bounty. You can only do this once per hold.

OK thanks. I'll give it a go when I'm on it next.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
You get all of your items back after you have served your sentence - except if some of them were stolen..

That is not 100% correct. You might get all of your items back if you are lucky, but you stand the chance of losing something. A few people, myself included, have lost items that weren't stolen, including a full set of Ebony Armor that was made from mined Ebony.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts