• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Speech500

Falkreath
Pros - Probs nice weather.
Cons - Never been there.

Windhelm
Pros - Its sturdy and stormcloakish.
Cons - Its got bad weather (seeing i cant see my fking nose when im there) , murderers and it lacks in general stores, and herbs.

Winterhold
Pros - Its got a college, its very different, it has a coast, it has a nice view i guess.
Cons - Its got a college that overshadows it. Its not secure, its got the bare minimum of buildings to be called a town.

Markarth
Pros - Very dwelmer if you like that sort of thing, Lots of interesting things to do
Cons - very dwelmer if (like me) you hate that, A bit hard to navigate, feels unfinished, has a homeless section (lowers retail estate), hard to get form one area to another quickly, feels less of a town and more of a wilderness questing area (feels like there are more people ready to kill you than help you)

Morthal
Pros - Nice area, quiet, traditional, nice people
Cons - A bit far from anything interesting, not a whole lot there

Whiterun
Pros - Nice homey feel, everything you need in one place, cheat house, everyone is nice to me
Cons - It feels closed off, as its in a zone of its own
Solitude
Pros - Home of the imperials, Cool arch thing goin' on, everything you need, beautiful buildings, feels safe but not zoned off
Cons - Not good if your a stormcloak, house is damn expensive,
Riften
Pros - Thieves Guild, Ratway, Thieves are nice to me, good community, nice house
Cons - Thieves Guild, Ratwat, Thieves hate me, House is in the middle of a s**t hole
Dawnstar
Pros - Lots of water for argonians, Lots of quests
Cons - Lots of water for khajiit, Not much there, Dank, Not really a city, Nightmares

High Hrothgar
Pros - Cool meditating guys, Free dragon, Amazing view, dragon shout location, all you need, courtyard.
Cons - No sellers, high drop, long walk down, not much does on

Riverwood
Pros - Nice atmosphere, all you need, lots to do, lots of resources
Cons - Sudden urge to kill everyone there, Blades are there; blades are dicks

pheonixrising

Riften looks like it would have a ton of bugs in the air and smell like stagnent pond water.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
Meh, I've lived in far worse.

that one guy

defanitly riften.....or.....Whiterun...hmm riften: im a thef guild member whiterun: im a hunter with powerfull magic abilitys....so whiterun it is

Drazker

Son of Sithis
Personally, my characters aside, I would probably live in Solitude. There you have safety, a beautiful view, plenty of people, and a thriving economy.

ausgamer529

Pinewatch is were i live in the game and its the best
its got tons of space and feels like a cave house
it just needs a forge and some enchatment and alchemy tables

Necromis

I think part of me would want to live where I am using for my current two play throughs, Anise's cabin. Though I would do a little work to it because it is a bit open in the roof. It has a hidden basement with an alchemy lab and and enchanting table, is just outside of riverwood so I have an inn, smith, and store to use, but is far enough away that I could enjoy some down time either fishing the lake or river outside my door, or do some hunting. It also is next to the mountains so I could go up and get some ice to keep my wine nice and cool for those hot summer days. Lastly it has a very pretty view of the river and lake, too

Aaren

A beautiful sight
actually my current favorite place that i wanna live in for real like in the game is knifepoint ridge.
great location, smithy and alchemy set, watchposts and a wooden wall.
i thought if i placed my stuff there they would disappear, turns out they stayed.
u probably know where it is though :3

Necromis

actually my current favorite place that i wanna live in for real like in the game is knifepoint ridge.
great location, smithy and alchemy set, watchposts and a wooden wall.
i thought if i placed my stuff there they would disappear, turns out they stayed.
u probably know where it is though :3
Most places, if you return often enough, are safe to store items even if their containers are not actually safe. Because the respawn times are 10 and 30 days roughly. So if you go back to the place you store your items every few days you reset the count for that respawn and thus the place never respawns.