• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Madvillian

The Galdur Amulet or The Akotash Amulet?
I'm a level 25 Conjuration/Alteration Mage with some tendencies towards illusion.

The Galdur Amulet gives 30+ Stamina, Health, and Magicka

The Akatosh amulet gives +25% Magicka Regeneration (it's currently at 100% With adept Robes.)

I just recently completed the quest Forbidden Legends and got the genericlly sweet Galdur amulet. I've been runing around with it, and have been appreciating the extra health, stamina, and especially the 420 magicka it grants me. I find myself ducking and dodgeing a lot more. Jumping from cover to cover, blasting firebolts from my hand, keeping stoneskin and my atronach summoned, puts my magicka down pretty low. When i buff my mage friend the eternal magicka drops down to almost 0 then it just gets tougher to get it back up.

With the Akotash(spelling?) amulet i've got a super fast recharge rate. I can drop destruction spells all the time without, and my DPS might be quicker. However, that doesn't jive with my ideal playstyle.

Right now i'm inbetween Conjuration and alteration spells, i've still got all the basic conjurations, and am still stuck with stoneskin.

Thanks ya'll this is my first post and i'm looking forward to talking some more!

Oblo

#swag
Akatosh Amulet+Morokei+Archmage Robes

+50 Magicka, 230% Magicka Regen, All spells cost 15% less to cast

or if you switch Archmage Robes for Master Robes

280% Magicka Regen, One spell costs 22% less to cast.

These are the VERY best apparel sets I know for mages. Plus you can put on gloves and boots

Drake

The Galdur Amulet.

Magicka has a base regen rate of only 3% per second. With the +25% of the amulet that's only 3.75%. The +90 combined bonus of the Galdur amulet is nothing to scoff at though, imo.

Plus, if you enchant armor with "fortify xxx" enchantments, you won't need to worry about regeneration anyways since spells will have a cost of zero. Here's a guide on it; read the Enchanting Armor - Zero Cost for Spells portion to understand the premise, and then the rest for quick ways on how to get it (100 Enchanting is necessary only if you want TWO schools for free; you just need the x5 enchanting perk for one school)

I would go for the Gauldur amulet. Mages mostly use magic, but they also rely heavily on health.

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
Mmmm,

A good question and one I debated myself. The point that swayed me is the difference between magica regen in and out of battle. When you're out of battle, the magica regen really makes a difference - ironically when you don't need it. In combat though, it makes much less of a difference and so I wouldrather have buffs that help my character in other areas too.

That was until I enchanted my own items and created an amulet that gave me +25% fortify desrtuction & counjeration. Teamed with my other items, this meant I have 100% fortify both schools, meaning any casting in them is free (as the tut shows).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts