What items do you sell/buy the most?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What items do you buy/sell the most in skyrim?

• Total voters

jonathan90

well known member
I usually do not sell much swords or weapons, because I need them.
But if not, I sell mainly gems like rubies and crap.

But, what do you mainly sell and buy in the store???

Do you sell mainly enchanted items????like armour and weapons and etc?

What is it?, do you sell or buy the most?

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
The items I buy the most are things like soul gems and ingots.

The things I sell the most have to be enchanted items, that I can't unenchant, and jewels.

Wildroses

I mostly sell potions as I am addicted to alchemy and never fast travel. Alchemy is a great little money maker and level grinder.

I'm not really sure what I buy the most. Probably iron and steel as I like building my own houses. Equipment you can easily loot or get as quest rewards. Filled soul gems are quite frequently bought as well. My current character buys a lot of gems, but only because she is a jewellery maker by profession. My others haven't.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Buy: Soul gems, Spells, Ingredients, Ale and rare bottles of alcohol

I never buy armor or weapons. Depending on my personal house rules, I don't buy magic items either.

Sell: Used Skill Books, Potions, Any armor or weapons I don't want to keep for myself or my followers, Gems/Jewelry depending on how hard up for gold I am otherwise I save them to be enchanted.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I buy whatever the current character's obsession is. Currently it's arrows, back to an archer.
As for selling, I sell everything that I can justify the weight/value ratio. This means that it's usually gems, and enchanted armor/clothing. The weapons are rarely worth the weight to me.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
The items I buy the most are things like soul gems and ingots.

The things I sell the most have to be enchanted items, that I can't unenchant, and jewels.

Yep, I agree. I buy a lot of Black Soul and Grand Souls from Enthir and other college members and the items I sold the most are enchanted weapons / items that I don’t need. I like to loot the invisible chest every week and sell everything I found in there except for Grand Souls. I am on track to have 1 million in my pocket. So far, I do have 737 thousand. ;)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I sell pretty much ALL loot I find, such as : enchanted/unenchanted weapons/armor, jewels and ingots, misc items, potions, books, etc.

I tend to buy crossbow bolts (from Fort Dawnguard), health potions (I'm a Hoarder and proud), ingredients for alchemy, and that's pretty much it. I rarely spend money, and that's why I'm so rich :D

I also will purchase training for the skills I use less, just to have something to spend money on and help level up.

moonfellmage

Meats and pelts/leather - I'm playing a nomad hunter right now and I go on a hunting trip at least three days for every week ... and those things are heavy! I also sell whatever I find and don't use, especially iron and steel. I keep any arrows I come across just because they're useful but anything like swords and axes I just sell - though I keep one or two just in case. Enchanted items depend on what they're good for, especially bows. I keep gems and sell them when I'm hard on cash. I use the secret Dawnstar chest for everything else I collect ... love that thing :)

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
On my current character I only Buy and sell haha he is a Merchant. I sell anything. Crops, mead,skooma, and everything in between.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
What don't I sell?

The only thing I never seem to sell are ingredients. That's it! (Okay, maybe Ultimate potions, cure disease and cure poison as well - oh and soul gems).

I'm in the middle of liquidating my inventory in anticipation of the Hearthfire DLC and I've invested in almost every biz in Skyrim so selling is a whole lot easier!

jonathan90

well known member
Yep, I agree. I buy a lot of Black Soul and Grand Souls from Enthir and other college members and the items I sold the most are enchanted weapons / items that I don’t need. I like to loot the invisible chest every week and sell everything I found in there except for Grand Souls. I am on track to have 1 million in my pocket. So far, I do have 737 thousand. ;)

As for me, I do not really like to buy filled soul gems for they are so darned expensive.
But ,if you are looking for good soul gems for charging weapons, buy grand soul gems filled with grand soul.
I think they would be much better,since you have a higher bartering perks. Use them and get things less expensive.And that shall do the trick.:)

jonathan90

well known member
What don't I sell?

The only thing I never seem to sell are ingredients. That's it! (Okay, maybe Ultimate potions, cure disease and cure poison as well - oh and soul gems).

I'm in the middle of liquidating my inventory in anticipation of the Hearthfire DLC and I've invested in almost every biz in Skyrim so selling is a whole lot easier!
I think it would be cool to invest in a store in skyrim, or another thing they should of done in the hearthsfire DLC , is to build and construct and sell your own items on display. So you wife can help you sell stuff, as well as barter stuff and earn heaps of gold!!!Like gather items even if you have to craft and invest in owning and building your own store.That would be so cool.

jonathan90

well known member
On my current character I only Buy and sell haha he is a Merchant. I sell anything. Crops, mead,skooma, and everything in between.
Yup,potions are always good to sell, And moon sugar.;)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Mostly stolen goods and potions. I've been using my position at the Bard's College as a front to sweep through all the finer houses of Solitude.

When I burglarize a mansion, I take everything that isn't nailed down. Every last clove of garlic and wicker basket. It's more dramatic that way. Looks like I learned something at that college after all!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Potions funding everything until Prowler's Profit.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
As for me, I do not really like to buy filled soul gems for they are so darned expensive.
But ,if you are looking for good soul gems for charging weapons, buy grand soul gems filled with grand soul.
I think they would be much better,since you have a higher bartering perks. Use them and get things less expensive.And that shall do the trick.:)

Thanks for the tip bro but I do not buy filled Grand Souls. I just pick them or buy them empties and I filled them killing mammoths because they always give you a Grand Soul. Regarding black souls, they are easy to fill by killing humans, especially chiefs cause they always give you a Grand Black Soul as well. Thanks ... ;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Yup,potions are always good to sell, And moon sugar.;)
mmm.... Moonsugar. Actually, since I now have 2.5K moonsugars and 1.75K skooma's, maybe I should take to the road like the wood elves & the orcs and start selling!

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I always pick up absolutely everything so I can sell it. The gold I make there will always either be spent on health potions or replacement horses. XD

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Thanks for the tip bro but I do not buy filled Grand Souls. I just pick them or buy them empties and I filled them killing mammoths because they always give you a Grand Soul. Regarding black souls, they are easy to fill by killing humans, especially chiefs cause they always give you a Grand Black Soul as well. Thanks ... ;)

Every humanoid, even bums give you a grand soul if I'm not mistaken.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts