What is going to happen to us console players when Online comes out?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
I suppose you have a point, but I really hate to see some unsuspecting person getting ripped off without even knowing it. In Shang's field of view, it would be like buying an X-Box 360 and learning that it cannot play 360 games, or that its hardware is just re-branded X-Box software.

I've gotten to know Shang pretty well and he is a stand-up guy. Even with all my years working in the business, I can't sway him and that's cool. He loves consoles and single player games just like me, so I just give him pointers...but let him be so to speak.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
.... one thing i don't understand is that all my emulators run perfectly, i can literally have a genesis game paused while playing a snes game while on the internet if i really wanted to.. they play just as if i was on the console itself.
The Genesis and SNES platforms are incredibly weak compared to even an office desktop using today's standards so it's no real surprise that you have no problem running applications off of emulators. It's not an exaggeration to say you probably have over 10 times the power you need in resources to run Genesis and SNES applications off of emulators.

Dagmar

Yeah, I'm not trying to convince him to do anything as much as I'm trying to make it clear to anyone who doesn't know any better that they can buy or build a PC that plays PC games perfectly well at high settings and his choices regarding how he got and modified his PC in no way diminish that fact or that it can be done for less than what he paid for his computer.

BoundByTheWolfBlood

Defiler of the Dead.
I'll always be faithful to my 360 Bertha the oldest model they got Never red ringed she'll be here for ever *knocks wood*

ShangTsung

Yeah, I'm not trying to convince him to do anything as much as I'm trying to make it clear to anyone who doesn't know any better that they can buy or build a PC that plays PC games perfectly well at high settings and his choices regarding how he got and modified his PC in no way diminish that fact or that it can be done for less than what he paid for his computer.
bs! you'd need to throw atleast a thousand at a pc for it to run something like skyrim at full settings with NO frame drops at all and you know it, thats a fanboy opinion not a fact.. quit lying. lol and btw give it a rest ffs! fvck balls u pc nazi's are persistant.. :rolleyes:

Dagmar

bs! you'd need to throw atleast a thousand at a pc for it to run something like skyrim at full settings with NO frame drops at all and you know it, thats a fanboy opinion not a fact..
$715 from CyberPowerPC

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X
System Memory: 8GB DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel

Of course for someone as completely ignorant as you are about PC hardware this is like trying to explain what Van Gogh's Starry Night looks like to a person whose been blind since birth, but it took me less than 60 seconds to find a rig for sale on the internet that can handle Skyrim at Ultra settings with stable frame rates for less than $1,000. :p

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
like trying to explain what Van Gogh's Starry Night looks like to a person whose been blind since birth
Lol, nice analogy. :) I imagine that actually would be pretty hard. o_o
And that link is pretty useful to me as well; thanks for posting. :3

ShangTsung

$715 from CyberPowerPC

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X
System Memory: 8GB DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel

Of course for someone as completely ignorant as you are about PC hardware this is like trying to explain what Van Gogh's Starry Night looks like to a person whose been blind since birth, but it took me less than 60 seconds to find a rig for sale on the internet that can handle Skyrim at Ultra settings with stable frame rates for less than $1,000. :p
still not everyone can afford an 800$ computer in todays economy, and trying to explain the fact that not everyone is fortunate enough to be as rich as you is like trying to explain mozart to a tree frog..

Dagmar

still not everyone can afford an 800$ computer in todays economy..
So what? Your foolish and ignorant rant was about how there are none for less than $1,000. Now that you've been called out on it the only thing you can resort to is an even more infantile and transparently false claim. I never said that everyone can afford a $715 (not $800) PC and it's pretty sad and pathetic that you would pretend to infer that from anything I posted but thanks Captain Obvious. :rolleyes:

captain-obvious-to-the-rescue.jpg

Benthos

Proud Mer
I don't think there's anything to be worried about since TES series is popular as is and will definitely continue. I highly doubt ESO can even dream of replacing it.

I am having trouble getting a job so having a powerful enough laptop or PC to handle Skyrim is waaayyy out of my reach. I have a PS3 from years ago that works fine so I'll stick with that for Skyrim even though that's the most buggy of all the versions (same with Fallout series).

Nothing, at least in regards to a TESVI, but if Zenimax Media sees that ESO is far more profitable then TES, then I expect them to start changing the direction of Bethesda, despite Zenimax Online being the company that is working on ESO.

So far, I haven't seen a single game that had an MMO exist in its series while the single player version was continued.
Final Fantasy had(has) Final Fantasy XI and FF is still going strong.

Sticky Ninja 3

A Baller Jarl
This. Elder Scrolls Online is being developed and maintained by Zenimax Online Studios. The Elder Scrolls single player games will continue to be developed by Bethesda Game Studios. There's no loss in development resources for the single player game series. There's also not a lot of overlap between players who play MMOGs and those who play single player games so the fanbase for the traditional Elder Scrolls games will still be there for the series.

I sure as hell hope so. the single player community is still huge and it would be stupid of them to ignore us entirely.

Nothing, at least in regards to a TESVI, but if Zenimax Media sees that ESO is far more profitable then TES, then I expect them to start changing the direction of Bethesda, despite Zenimax Online being the company that is working on ESO.

So far, I haven't seen a single game that had an MMO exist in its series while the single player version was continued.
Impossible unless they fire everyone at Bethesda and hire people who know how to make online games, they'd just keep zenimax online doing what they do and keep Bethesda doing what they do for double the money!

Aniratak

Well first, If you don't know, ESO is made by a different company than Bethesda, and will impact in no way the development of the next TES.

With that being said. Yes you are freaking screwed. That's what you get for buying a console. If I can assume you are typing this on a pc you own, then in my opinion, you also clearly lack judgment. A gaming pc is cheaper than a console plus a pc. Don't bother arguing, I've already made my point. There's nothing you can do about it, except swallow up your pride a buy a gaming pc.

A gaming pc being cheaper than consolles? Really? And what if you don't like playing games on a computer?

And when it comes to profit from making the game: according to Bethesda 59 % of Skyrim-games sold was to Xbox 360, 27% to Playstation 3 and only 14 % of the buyers bought the game for PC. Why on earth would they leave their main source of income in the dark? I'm certanly not buying a new computers just to play a MMO. I hate MMO games and I don't think that is going to change. There is still a huge profit from making single player games. I don't see why they should stop now. Production costs for making Skyrim was about 85 million, and the income was a bit more than 620 million dollars. The way I see it MMO and single player games targets different groups of people. Yes, alot of people like both, but there is still a whole lot of people who is not keen on Online games. Like me. I'm not buying ESO. The gaming-world will hopefully not turn in to one big Online-world. Online games are risky business. ESO might make it, I have no clue. But in my home country the biggest game production company almost went bankrupt due to a big online game that failed. Single player games still sell alot, and an Elder Scrolls game is safe income..

ShangTsung

A gaming pc being cheaper than consolles? Really? And what if you don't like playing games on a computer?

And when it comes to profit from making the game: according to Bethesda 59 % of Skyrim-games sold was to Xbox 360, 27% to Playstation 3 and only 14 % of the buyers bought the game for PC. Why on earth would they leave their main source of income in the dark? I'm certanly not buying a new computers just to play a MMO. I hate MMO games and I don't think that is going to change. There is still a huge profit from making single player games. I don't see why they should stop now. Production costs for making Skyrim was about 85 million, and the income was a bit more than 620 million dollars. The way I see it MMO and single player games targets different groups of people. Yes, alot of people like both, but there is still a whole lot of people who is not keen on Online games. Like me. I'm not buying ESO. The gaming-world will hopefully not turn in to one big Online-world. Online games are risky business. ESO might make it, I have no clue. But in my home country the biggest game production company almost went bankrupt due to a big online game that failed. Single player games still sell alot, and an Elder Scrolls game is safe income..
thank you! this was all i was really trying to say to the pc nazis attacking me, some people just go nuts at the very thought of someone having a different preference than them.. i didn't even realize this flame war was still going on.. lol anyways i'm done with this thread just wanted to say thanks for putting a point i highly agree with in simple terms, maybe they'll finally understand this time.. :rolleyes:

Rodrrrigo

Khajiit shadow walker
well.... by now xbox one and ps4 are announced and i believe the new generation of consoles will have resources to run a mmo.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Seriously Shang,they're trying to help you not convert you.I've found all of what they've said to be useful and I'm a console gamer.suck in your pride and take help when its offered,especially in a field where from what I've read,you're clueless.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Simple, I'm going to buy it and play on my computer :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Tried computer gaming Skyrim the other day. You can have it. While the mods are nice (my friend has some great ones for graphics and has the one re the weather), I just can't get used to the mouse and keyboard. Of course, since I've never done the computer gaming thing, maybe I just need practice. I'm quite happy with my PS3 (soon PS4!) and will probably stick with it, although my other 1/2 just bought me a gaming PC he found at Best Buy. Haven't set it up yet, but will keep y'all posted. I think he bought it 'cause he wants to play Star Wars and Superhero games, but, who knows. :)