What is going to happen to us console players when Online comes out?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Smarty

omg can you pc fanboys just take a break from console bashing for one day? this isn't a console vs pc thread.. why don't you take that billion dollar gaming computer and shove it up your rich arrogant ass! :rolleyes:

That's no fanboism, it's just pure simple logic. I could try, but I seriously doubt it would fit. A console on the other hand, may fit. If you do it and post a picture, I may very well try it myself.

EDIT: And you know, with that whole prostate thing, I might even enjoy it.

ShangTsung

That's no fanboism, it's just pure simple logic. I could try, but I seriously doubt it would fit. A console on the other hand, may fit. If you do it and post a picture, I may very well try it myself.
its not "simple logic" you annoying little turd, its a "mines better than yours" logic, if you could only see how pathetic and immature your words sound while reading them.. not that it matters cause a small time troll like yourself can't comprehend common sense anyway but would it blunt your console crushing wrath to know that not everybody has the money to throw out on a pc required to play these types of games? sure you can spend 400$ or 500$ on a pc but its going to skip, studder, and frame drop like its having a seizure when you try to play something like skyrim, then theirs hardware you have to take into consideration, i grew up using a controller not a keyboard and mouse, so thats something i'd have pay more money on, then a plug in, next you have to manually program all the buttons which can take hours.. i'm not expecting you to understand any of this but just sayin.. now why don't you do us all a favor and take your fanboy hate to another site, i'm sure you'd fit right in with the troll packs over at ign. ;)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...If I can assume you are typing this on a pc you own, then in my opinion, you also clearly lack judgment. A gaming pc is cheaper than a console plus a pc.....
I use the PC version of the games but this is a bit of a narrow minded and simplistic point of view. There are things you can do on a gaming console that you can't do on the PC like play games that are played side by side with friends and family on split screen mode for console versions of games like Borderlands 2. Some people also like to sit back on a sofa or even a bed and play in front of a large television screen which you can't do with a PC unless it's a laptop and if you're using a good gaming laptop your cost argument goes out the window and the screen is still smaller and it's still more cumbersome to have the laptop in your lap than a mere controller in your hands. There are some games that are only available for the console such as Gears of War 2 and 3 and Halo 4 which are exclusive to the Xbox 360 platform and Heavy Rain and the upcoming The Last of Us for the PS3 and the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series for both platforms. You also can't play motion sensor based games like Dance Central 1-3 for the Xbox 360 platform with Kinect. The fact of the matter is that a PC is no substitute for a gaming console for anyone that likes any or all of these features that cannot be replicated on a PC.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I gotta say, Dagmar you may very well be my new hero. While I still hate those damned bunnies you so gallantly defend, I really appreciate the console defense there. Epic Win.

As for the what will happen to us console users, nothing. We will get more games or at least be able to play our old ones, and all those people who enjoy a good MMO, myself included, can look forward to TESO. Really, there are still too many people with consoles who aren't huge FPS fans for companies like bethesda, who don't fit that niche, to stop focusing on single player games. It's simple supply and demand. We demand and they supply.

Smarty

Wow, my opinion did create quite a controversy :D. But yes it is simple logic:
pc + console > gaming pc
As in cheaper.

I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when that opinion defies the laws of logic, that says something.

Smarty

I use the PC version of the games but this is a bit of a narrow minded and simplistic point of view. There are things you can do on a gaming console that you can't do on the PC like play games that are played side by side with friends and family on split screen mode for console versions of games like Borderlands 2. Some people also like to sit back on a sofa or even a bed and play in front of a large television screen which you can't do with a PC unless it's a laptop and if you're using a good gaming laptop your cost argument goes out the window and the screen is still smaller and it's still more cumbersome to have the laptop in your lap than a mere controller in your hands. There are some games that are only available for the console such as Gears of War 2 and 3 and Halo 4 which are exclusive to the Xbox 360 platform and Heavy Rain and the upcoming The Last of Us for the PS3 and the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series for both platforms. You also can't play motion sensor based games like Dance Central 1-3 for the Xbox 360 platform with Kinect. The fact of the matter is that a PC is no substitute for a gaming console for anyone that likes any or all of these features that cannot be replicated on a PC.

You obliviously don't know about lan parties. And Skyrim is single player anyway, so in this context, that whole argument amounts to pretty much nothing.

EDIT: Nice try though ;).

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Wow, my opinion did create quite a controversy :D. But yes it is simple logic:
pc + console > gaming pc
As in cheaper.

I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when that opinion defies the laws of logic, that says something.
Not sure I get your argument or rather statement. My gaming PC cost me $2,745.00. My "PC" was $799.99 and my X-Box was $199.99. Hmmm.....the math says different.

Smarty

Not sure I get your argument or rather statement. My gaming PC cost me $2,745.00. My "PC" was $799.99 and my X-Box was $199.99. Hmmm.....the math says different.

Gaming PCs capable of playing Skyrim range from 300$ to pretty much anything.
If you want to pay that price for a PC capable of playing Skyrim, I'm pretty sure we could arrange something though, message me ;).

Reaper0021

Gaming PCs capable of playing Skyrim range from 300$ to pretty much anything.
My $499.99 PC, "HP Pavilion", will not, as is, play Skyrim. Period. On-board graphics GPU, etc. For 16 years, I have worked for the same PC company. I know we manufacture a lot of different PC's for many different price points. What your talking about, out of the box, only 10% of our product will play Skyrim straight out of the box w/o buying a new GPU, etc. Our PC's that are in the $300-$500 range will not even begin to touch Skyrim. I build PCs for a living. I'm pretty sure I don't need your help in putting together a system capable of playing Skyrim. But thanks anyway though...I appreciate the offer from some guy on a forum I don't know.

Dagmar

You obliviously don't know about lan parties. And Skyrim is single player anyway, so in this context, that whole argument amounts to pretty much nothing.
The fact that you would even attempt to compare a lan party to casually playing with friends at home simply illustrates how ignorant your position is. The two aren't comparable and there's still no split screen experience. You made a broad claim about computers versus game consoles that wasn't specific to Skyrim and that one element wasn't the whole argument. All you did was make a flawed and transparent attempt to setup a straw man argument to knockdown. You failed. :rolleyes:

standalone

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
my respone to this is, how did a Semi intelligent conversation about the future of TES and ESO turn into a horridly articulated arguement about which is better, a PC or Console? lets face it, both have advantages, PC:Hotkeys,more mods,Upcoming ESO
Console: Convinience, ability to play multiplayer games, and platform specific games, among other things, cant we just agree that both have their ups and downs, and please for the love of Talos, get back to the actual thread topic.

Smarty

The fact that you would even attempt to compare a lan party to casually playing with friends at home simply illustrates how ignorant your position is. The two aren't comparable and there's still no split screen experience. You made a broad claim about computers versus game consoles that wasn't specific to Skyrim and that one element wasn't the whole argument. All you did was make a flawed and transparent attempt to setup a straw man argument to knockdown. You failed. :rolleyes:

standalone

You can't disprove my point and therefore resort to this, a childish fail? You know, I've got better things to do...

Dagmar

my respone to this is, how did a Semi intelligent conversation about the future of TES and ESO turn into a horridly articulated arguement about which is better, a PC or Console? lets face it, both have advantages..
If you read the posts carefully only one person is arguing one is better than the other. The rest pretty much agree with your position.

Dagmar

You can't disprove my point and therefore resort to this, a childish fail? You know, I've got better things to do...
I already disproved your point. If you're too obtuse to comprehend it or address the actual merits of the argument as opposed to engaging in rather obvious acts of logical fallacy that's your problem.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
yes, but the post that started the argument was made by another person other than smarty, therefore if he would have kept to the thread topic, and kept his opinion to himself, the arguement in question wouldnt have happened.
nothing against either party, but please, if you feel the need to continue this debate make a seperate post labled:
Ignorant arguement number 1:pC vs Console.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
About the two "completely different companies" thing though, isn't Bethesda's parent company Zenimax? :D I mean, I know there are still two different development teams working on different stuff and doing both, but it's not like ESO is just being handed over to people who know nothing about it. I think it'll be a good game and still stay very consistent with lore and stuff without being the "end" of the other games in the normal ES series. I'm excited for both, since I really wanna be able to play at least some new ES game on PC now that I have a new computer, but I do prefer the feel of the console and there's still so much I haven't done in Skyrim for PS3. :)

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Everyone, the best thing to do, is to just ignore him, he will go on and on and still go on even when everything he says doesnt make sense, he talks about laws of logic when nothing he says justifies to logic. Also when he says people lack judgement over buying console or pc, that completely doesnt make sense, there is no judgement in that, If whats he's trying to say is "No one thinks when buying a console instead of pc" that is a logical answer, though he still doesnt understand why people rather choose console over pc and he never will, he's one of those people.

As I said he will go on and on, and even when he is wrong and everyone knows that, he will forever go on.

Dagmar

yes, but the post that started the argument was made by another person other than smarty.
No it wasn't. You may want to try reading all the posts carefully again and note who is the person that introduced the whole concept that people who bought gaming consoles lacked judgment. Implicit in that statement is that (1) the PC experience can duplicate all aspects of the game console experience (it can't) and that (2) getting a gaming PC in lieu of getting a console to play games is an inherently more prudent decision to people that want to play video games (it's not). Different people want different things from their gaming experience and therefore as you pointed out there is no objective basis to say that it makes sense to use one platform over the other.

Dagmar

About the two "completely different companies" thing though, isn't Bethesda's parent company Zenimax? :D I mean, I know there are still two different development teams working on different stuff and doing both, but it's not like ESO is just being handed over to people who know nothing about it.
They are different companies with each having its own dedicated staff of employees. There was no notable movement of staff from Bethesda Game Studios to Zenimax Online Studios as development for ESO began in 2007. There's nothing to know for the people at Zenimax Online Studios except the lore as it's a completely different game engine and coding.

Reaper0021

No it wasn't. You may want to try reading all the posts carefully again and note who is the person that introduced the whole concept that people who bought gaming consoles lacked judgment. Implicit in that statement is that (1) the PC experience can duplicate all aspects of the game console experience (it can't) and that (2) getting a gaming PC in lieu of getting a console to play games is an inherently more prudent decision to people that want to play video games (it's not). Different people want different things from their gaming experience and therefore as you pointed out there is no objective basis to say that it makes sense to use one platform over the other.
I agree with this (and NOT just because it's Dagmar). I have worked for the same major PC company for years. We, at my company, know that there is no way that our product(s) will ever be able to touch dedicated consoles for a truly unique gaming experience (or cost). We just can't duplicate the mass cost cutting measures of the console manufacturers. Companies like Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft basically give there consoles away at a loss to make money on the software. We can't touch that in the PC business. It's our dream to be able to one day...but doubt it will ever happen. Read the past posts...there is one (singular) person making bold, unfounded statements.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts