What do you spend your gold on?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
My first target on any build is to buy Proudspire. After that I collect about another 30k and then start spending on each and every whim. Even when I'm collecting for Proudspire I still spent on crafting materials; so collecting enough for Proudspire can be a challenge. Even after that most of the money is spent on crafting materials and of course on building Hearthfire homes. Oh and forgot, soul gems.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Wow so at level 33 i must be doing something wrong only having 4000

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

If you want to make boat-loads of money, just do the Companion's main quest, which deals with the Silver Hand. A lot of the members in that particular group use silver weapons and wear steel armor, which are both worth a good amount of coin. You'll find so much good loot you'll become over-encumbered in no time, which might mean making extra trips to town just to sell the stuff.
I usually use the 10-1 (10 gold coins minimum for every 1 pound) value-to-weight ratio when determining what I want to carry.

Alchemy can also help you make a decent amount of money, and you don't even need any perks to craft some valuable potions. Giant's Toes are one of the best ingredients to use for creating some of the most valuable potions, so I never hesitate to kill them whenever I get a chance. Sometimes you can find them laying around in Alchemy shops as well, as long as your character doesn't have any moral restrictions about doing a five-finger discount.

I found that Giant's Toe and any of the following combinations of ingredients work well for creating high value potions:

Bear Claws/ Hanging Moss
Blue Butterfly Wings/ Blue Mountain Flowers
Creep Cluster/ Hanging Moss
Bear Claws/ Creep Cluster
Blue Mountain Flower/ Creep Cluster

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
It's funny because in the beginning of the game, money is so hard to accumulate and you often find yourself broke and barren of supplies, and it's a miracle if you can even buy a home. But some levels later (I'm level 51 with 170k+), you have so much money that you don't even know what to do with it, even if you buy and build every single home possible, and upgrade it to the max. At this point, I just collect it and marvel as the number grows. I don't really care to spend any, but I'm definitely not frugal about my spending when I have to. :p

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Honestly, for me, I have come to a point where I just don't spend any at all. I got all I need so far. I typically just keep adding more gold to my pot.

Nakatsu_Hime

After I got the trophy, I gave up chasing the best merchant prices, and began sharpening some of my small coins in readiness for local football matches.

SPEND my gold!!!!!!!!!!! As Dragonborn I believe everything in Skyrim is rightfully mine. As such people should be happy to have the honor of returning my belongings. If they don't, then I see no moral objection to my finding a way to rectify the matter.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I've spent over $20k at a pop for training. I also buy poisons, and health, magica, and stamina potions. While I like to at least break even whenever I trade, I've been known to be in the hole for as much as $5k to the alchemists and the Khajiit for potions, mostly because I don't plan ahead well and left all my tradeable loot back at the ol' homestead.

Give money to beggar and buy hunter's game for the day.
Just helping out a random Skyrimian. :D
Other than that, money is really just a power figure in my stat. I RARELY use it to purchase anything after the first 5 hour or so... 'cause I'm sneak-based and is a part-time thief.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I rarely buy anything that isn't Breezehome or spells. I much prefer looting items to crafting or buying them. Since I like to pick up anything worth the tiniest amount of gold and sell it, I usually end up with a stupid amount of coins on non-mage characters. :p

Lucid

I have to say that's one thing that really bothers me about Skyrim. Here I am with hundreds of thousands of septims in my pockets I'll never ever use, and when I decide to share my good fortune with the less fortunate I say: "Here. Have A gold piece."

That and only being able to give 5 septims to the farmers that lose everything to a dragon attack. I'd give them enough to buy half of The Reach if it was an option.

That would be a nice Hearthfire mod - "Build homes for bums". I'd rather do that than adopt kids :)

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
Hookers
I for one would spend such money on property(houses and decorations)> If you run out of what to decorate just get yourself some bookcases, visit winterhold and buy every book/tome you find.

Manmangler

I found that Giant's Toe and any of the following combinations of ingredients work well for creating high value potions:

Bear Claws/ Hanging Moss
Blue Butterfly Wings/ Blue Mountain Flowers
Creep Cluster/ Hanging Moss
Bear Claws/ Creep Cluster
Blue Mountain Flower/ Creep Cluster
Some weird and unknow reasons, my character risk her life to trying to killa ALL GIANTS She sees. Even low levels She try climb on rock where those giants can't hit her and rain arrows on them.

Torok

Mostly potions and soul gems (But I don't need any of those anymore since I'm loaded with so much that I don't know what to do with them anymore.) I mostly spend my time at the markets selling things.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts