PS3 What are your thoughts about a Nord using magic

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

gorgophone

My thoughts are that plenty of Nords have used magic against me in my playthroughs, so it seems fair game to me. I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Hell, even merchants in Skyrim know a spell here and there, why would a Nord abstain? Makes no sense to me. Ulfric killed a guy with a shout, but it's not honorable for a Nord to use a Fireball? Seems really stupid to me.

Yeah, but this is the Land of Double Standards. A Nord openly defying the barbarian stereotype? Perish the thought! No, no really: kill it with steel and certainly not fire, nor ice!

Amaryllis

Is there a reason she couldn't have studied with Anise? An illegitimate kid (especially one who basically comes from the Skyrim version of the Corleone family) is probably not going to be predisposed to floating in the most reputable of circles, may or may not be ostracized, and Anise is right down the road. They'd have to have met each other at some point (even if it was through childish daring when mum was like 'Ingin, don't go near that old crazy woman's house.')

The justification is less of story, and more of need. Anyone not worried about their social standing should be fine, ESPECIALLY if they keep it a secret. But if you're eventually going vampire, it's going to be really weird if you don't have magic in your past, unless you're just planning to RP some low ranking grunt vampire.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Is there a reason she couldn't have studied with Anise? An illegitimate kid (especially one who basically comes from the Skyrim version of the Corleone family) is probably not going to be predisposed to floating in the most reputable of circles, may or may not be ostracized, and Anise is right down the road. They'd have to have met each other at some point (even if it was through childish daring when mum was like 'Ingin, don't go near that old crazy woman's house.')

The justification is less of story, and more of need. Anyone not worried about their social standing should be fine, ESPECIALLY if they keep it a secret. But if you're eventually going vampire, it's going to be really weird if you don't have magic in your past, unless you're just planning to RP some low ranking grunt vampire.
That's actually a great suggestion, especially as to why she killed her and uses her faciltiies all the time. Thank you! That actually cleared up a lot of RP questions.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Hmm.. Nord chick mage. Yeah, go for it. Nord's in general would disapprove of it but it's not unheard of. Far as magic schools, why not focus on illusion as her main go-to school. If she's going to be made drop dead gorgeous, why not manipulative as well? Being a vampire would only further that idea.
Drop dead she is! I hadn't really thought about illusion, but that does seem a good direction to add to the repetour!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts