What annoys you the most in the game?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheHaydz242

I hate trying to take jewels/gold out of a bowl, or from a plate. Always end up picking it up and forgetting about it until I got to clear out/sell the inventory and see like 10 plates and bowls in there.

Why don't you just grab the plate and flip it upside down? Tis' what I do.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Why don't you just grab the plate and flip it upside down? Tis' what I do.

When I think about it, that's what I do. But I'm rarely going into a house/cave/barrow/etc. and thinking about how to not pick up dishes, lol.

~Lady Dovakiin

Hopelessly addicted to Skyrim... <3
Glitches, the Blades, Guards (Also their stupid repeated dialogue!), and followers that WON'T MOVE WHEN THEY'RE STANDING IN YOUR WAY. o_O

One of the things that annoys me is the fact that you can become the master of ALL the guilds! I'd be more than happy with just becoming a very prominent member of some guilds, and not the leader; maybe be given the option to become the leader or turn down the offer and give the title to someone else (Vilkas being the Harbinger would be <3 ).
And then as soon as the quest line for them is finished nothing at all seems to have changed. I understand that after it's over they have to add in generic quests, they can't just make a quest last forever; but there's very little new dialogue from the members about what happened or you being the leader. They all just instantly lose whatever personality they had during the quests.

The lack of spell variety in the game. Its pathetic.

Ice Wolves and Lack of a "Realism" mode.

Ice wolves get under my skin because wolves are weak enemies, even on master. But running into a pack, or even just one Ice Wolf takes a few potions.

And the realism mode would help me a lot in immersion. I makes no sense that I never have to eat, and even I roleplay via BIGWooly rules, it isn't the same.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
And the realism mode would help me a lot in immersion. I makes no sense that I never have to eat, and even I roleplay via BIGWooly rules, it isn't the same.
What are BIGWooly rules?

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
Corrupted Shades annoy me the most because they scare the ever living plops out of me.

Howarthee

Heh, I forget that we have new member coming in more often lately. Anyway, here's the link. I highly suggest giving it a try, it the restriction that all those journals use. Very addictive. Even more fun.

Skyrim &quot;Hardcore&quot; Playstyle | Skyrim Forums
Holy hello....That looks hard as heck...I'm not that good at Skyrim yet, I might have to wait a while before trying that..

Is there any way to save the thread on here so I can see it when logged in? I don't like using bookmarks on my browser too much.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Holy hello....That looks hard as heck...I'm not that good at Skyrim yet, I might have to wait a while before trying that..

Is there any way to save the thread on here so I can see it when logged in? I don't like using bookmarks on my browser too much.

A thread gets saved (well, marked "watched") automatically the second you post in it. You can also choose to watch it without posting in it by pressing the "watch thread" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If it gains any more new posts, you'll automatically get an alert for it.

Howarthee

A thread gets saved (well, marked "watched") automatically the second you post in it. You can also choose to watch it without posting in it by pressing the "watch thread" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If it gains any more new posts, you'll automatically get an alert for it.

Why, thank you. :D I started reading BIGwooly's narrative and want to read up to present day posts, but it's going to take some time...

Pileggi

It annoys me when I miss with my bow.

It annoys me that despite Housecarls swearing to be your ''shield and your sword'' they insist on firing a bow at a distance rather than running over and preventing that troll from bashing your skull in. I think followers in Skyrim are farely well made but they are seriously lacking combat options which worked very well in Fallout3.

It annoys me that Bethesda gave children the most bratty remarks that would infuriate the player knowing full well they would be making children unharmable for moral and ethical reasons.

It annoys me when I save a whole village from a vampire attack and then swarmed by the whole village for killing farmer Ted's prized chicken in the chaos of battle.

It annoys me when I get a kill cam and that awful animation plays where you spin the enemy's back towards you then somehow reach your sword around stabbing them in chest vertically. It just looks horribly awkward to me.

It annoys me that Bethesda added two new awesome dog skins in the new DLC yet dogs remain useless because of there tiny health pools and the fact they have no way breaking enemy aggro at low health. I've grown close to too many dogs in Skyrim only to see them get killed far too easily.

There are also a fair amount of bugs that annoy me but I forgive Bethesda as it's incredibly hard if not impossible to make a game as huge and full of choice as Skyrim with out a few bugs.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Lydia's "I am sworn to carry your burdens." line has always, and will always piss me off.

Howarthee

Something that annoys me a ridiculous amount is when you're sneaking, and you get the arrow kill animation, but can't get out of it and everyone left in the room begins to look for you...

Drecon

Related to that: I get annoyed when I throw a fireball at someone and it shows the kill animation but somehow the animation throws off the trajectory of the spell, making me actually miss the target.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Something that annoys me a ridiculous amount is when you're sneaking, and you get the arrow kill animation, but can't get out of it and everyone left in the room begins to look for you...

That's happened to me a couple times when I was mauling someone as a werewolf. The camera got stuck in cinematic mode, usually on some spot on the floor. The strange thing is, I could still control my character and score a hit on a remaining enemy if I got lucky, though I couldn't see much of my character. I never figured out a way to fix it either. Whenever this happened, I was forced to reload. Thank goodness I'm a chronic fast-saver.

jackmikeMon

Don't know if anyone's already mentioned this, but what annoys me most is when you pan the camera 180' to face the front of your character, then walk forwards - there is no animation in the game for your character to actually turn around. Instead, he/she magically appears facing in the opposite direction.

Not that big of a deal, but still... annoying, and lazy of Bethesda too!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Don't know if anyone's already mentioned this, but what annoys me most is when you pan the camera 180' to face the front of your character, then walk forwards - there is no animation in the game for your character to actually turn around. Instead, he/she magically appears facing in the opposite direction.

Not that big of a deal, but still... annoying, and lazy of Bethesda too!

Similarly, you don't get an animation for looking up or down or around. Or for picking things up for that matter. And that's why I'm always in first person - that way I can at least imagine that I'm not standing stone-still while doing things.

jackmikeMon

Similarly, you don't get an animation for looking up or down or around. Or for picking things up for that matter. And that's why I'm always in first person - that way I can at least imagine that I'm not standing stone-still while doing things.

Hm, yes. Come to think of it, yeah... there are many animations that are missing which, if were present in the game would frankly add some really neat touches.

Good idea, I usually use first person more in combat, and third for exploration, but I think you may have just convinced me to capitalise more on first person to avoid ruining the immersion.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts