• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Star Gazer

-Lucas7620
Do you really think that Bethesda would create 2 opposing dieties, making one overpowered? No, they would make them as equal as possible.
Which is leading us back to the original question. Werewolves, or vampires?
In a cave you get more advantages then I. It's fair in open areas. Now, I don't see this happening at all. I see myself Vampirirc Gripping you, throwing you, summoning two gargoyles at once if you manage to summon your Were wolves. Hit you with drain spell while your two buddies are taking them on, I hit you with drain spell, and go up in life each time. Eventually, I se eyout urning human, while I'm darting away or avoiding your massive brute strength. When this happen, I kill you easily and your Wolf Perks go away.
And I suppose you gave yourself the necklace that gives you 2 gargoyles, and Auriels bow? Werewolf has nothing but the clothes on his back... wait... he doesn't even have that.

Derek Jeder

Ethereal and Invincible are almost the same in Skyrim, Invincible in one defenition implies a ghost, cannot harm other object. Open your mind, theres more than one defenition to almost every word.

Star Gazer

The primary definition for invincible is unconquerable. The definition for ethereal is neutral. Connect the words to their meanings, not loosely put them together, hoping the other guy understands what you mean.

Derek Jeder

Which is leading us back to the original question. Werewolves, or vampires?
And I suppose you gave yourself the necklace that gives you 2 gargoyles, and Auriels bow? Werewolf has nothing but the clothes on his back... wait... he doesn't even have that.
Werewolves have Raged Trousers actualy, same as the Vampire Lords. All except Harkon anyways. And Auriel's Bow is very weak, to be completely honest with you. I don't doubt that my Daedric bow of 244 damage on it's own could take you down in a few hits, wich only takes a few seconds, but that loops back to my statement saying this battle will vary depending on the specific users battle experience, tactics, the terrain, and the overall build of the character themselves. Obviously a user with a main weapon of sword would have a higher health, and boosted by either perk tree of Vampire or Werewolf.

Kage

he is invulnerable for a period of time, this is what I meant. of course I would, why wouldn't I? WOuld you not use the Ring Of Hircine? if it were a fight that didn't involve Werewolves or Vampires, would you nto use your best weapon or equipment? So, yes, I would.

Derek Jeder

The primary definition for invincible is unconquerable. The definition for ethereal is neutral. Connect the words to their meanings, not loosely put them together, hoping the other guy understands what you mean.

I didn't say the primary, I said one of them. Ethereal means lacking physical material, so it's more like a ghost, but it's still a big advantage, leveled out by the Werewolf perk tree.

Star Gazer

he is invulnerable for a period of time, this is what I meant. of course I would, why wouldn't I? WOuld you not use the Ring Of Hircine? if it were a fight that didn't involve Werewolves or Vampires, would you nto use your best weapon or equipment? So, yes, I would.
Hircines ring allows for multiple transformations. Which doesn't interfere with the combat whatsoever. The necklace does change the combat. And Auriels bow completely changes the playing field. What if I turned back to human form, and shot you with a sunhallowed arrow out of my auriels bow? Changes the combat, doesn't it?

Derek Jeder

Hircines ring allows for multiple transformations. Which doesn't interfere with the combat whatsoever. The necklace does change the combat. And Auriels bow completely changes the playing field. What if I turned back to human form, and shot you with a sunhallowed arrow out of my auriels bow? Changes the combat, doesn't it?
But ofcourse you said it was Werewolves VS Vampire Lords, ergo both in their creature forms, not human. The build of the characters themselves howerver has the potential of vastly changing the playing field.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
First of all, why are you arguing over the definitions of ethereal and invincible? Second, would they have followers, like Aela and Serena?

Kage

Yes and I would be completely okay with it. A person who goes in to battle not using his every advantage is a fool and would end up dead.

Star Gazer

If we are talking about the strengths and weakness of vampires and werewolves, I think it would be a good idea to address the vampire lords second greatest fear. The sun.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
And would they start out in their WW and VL forms, or would they have to transform first?

Kage

I'd say they transform first, before fighting in their forms. However, we are talking about the main fight being between the two beast forms, yes.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I'm going to have to throw my lot in with a vampire using the amulet of the gargoyle, ring of the euridite and auriels bow. He'd be able to heal himself without killing someone else and he'd be able to constantly call on gargoyles to defend himself and fight any other werewolves the werewolf might summon using his totems. Plus, he'd outlast the enemies beastform, even with the ring of hircine.

Star Gazer

Starting out in both of their forms. Not able to shoot out the sun, or shoot the vampire with sunhallowed arrows. So it is just the Werewolf and the Vampire Lord in the hot plains, doing battle.