• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Watermelon

I get easily annoyed with armor that doesn't match someway, as I do with clothes in real life. In the end, I'll generally opt for the most powerful/convenient option available, but it's still fun to try and match my armor and weapons.
So, what pieces of armor do you wear and with what weapon? (To match?)
I've seen a lot of pictures of the Ebony Mail with Nightingale, Ebony and Daedric pieces. These match well.
It's more difficult to match say.. A headgear item to go with the Ancient Falmer Armor. I've yet to find anything that matches even remotely besides a circlet; have you found anything?
Some other cool combinations are Spellbreaker & Dawnbreaker, Daedric weapons with Nightingale armor (and vice-versa,) Masque of Clavicus Vile & Ebony Mail, and others.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I usually like to wear matching sets. And I never concern myself with matching my weapon.

However, when I play the Thieves Guild, I usually make a weird combination out of Linwe's Armor, Guild Master's Armor, and Nightengale Armor. I'm trying to remember... I think I wear Nightengale legs, Nightengale arms, Guild Master's chest, and Linwe's head? Something like that. The three of them go fairly well together in various combinations.

I primarily wear heavy armor. Anyone have some good suggestions? My current character is a Dark Lord of sorts, so anyone have some suggestions using Orc, Ebony, or even Daedric armor? I'm more interested in looks than stats. Just want to look menacing! :Dovahkiin:

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I love Nordic Steel, and ebony sets.

JoeReese

I like light armor, usually Elven gilded, but I cannot stand the Elven or glass helmets. I either look like a bird or a sea monster, and I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those scaled helmets with horns. I usually end up in a guards' helmet. If I'm wearing light Dawnguard armor, I'll usually have Elven gauntlets and boots, and a guards' helmet. Heavy Dawnguard armor gets steel plate boots and gauntlets and a plain steel helmet, normally. Since I've become a PC gamer, though, I make more use of the Dawnguard helmets, as I can remove the enchantment block from creation kit and add my own enchantments.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
It's more difficult to match say.. A headgear item to go with the Ancient Falmer Armor.

Are you talking about the Heavy (Hardened) Falmer Armour? If so, I have Jzargo oufitted in that and it looks good with the apprentice hood (if your a mage), but looks REALLY good in the cloth DB hood. The red underside of the hood matches so well with the armour and (from memory) there is basically no clipping.

- I love the Heavy Dawngaurd helmet with Steel Nordic armour.
- My Serana looks great in Boethiah's Ebony Mail with Vampire guantlets.
- Saviours Hide, Stormcloak officer gauntlets and Forsworn boots (looks good with Forsworn helmet if playing a female).
- Auriels Shield, Dawnbreaker, Auriels Bow and Sunhallowed arrows whilst wearing the Snow Elf outfit looks very Angelic. Especially if your playing a Light Haired Nord or Altmer.

JoeReese

It's more difficult to match say.. A headgear item to go with the Ancient Falmer Armor.

Are you talking about the Heavy (Hardened) Falmer Armour? If so, I have Jzargo oufitted in that and it looks good with the apprentice hood (if your a mage), but looks REALLY good in the cloth DB hood. The red underside of the hood matches so well with the armour and (from memory) there is basically no clipping.

- Saviours Hide, Stormcloak officer gauntlets and Forsworn boots (looks good with Forsworn helmet if playing a female).
- Auriels Shield, Dawnbreaker, Auriels Bow and Sunhallowed arrows whilst wearing the Snow Elf outfit looks very Angelic. Especially if your playing a Light Haired Nord or Altmer.
Now just imagine yourself killing, gutting, and then crawling into a giant cockroach.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Now just imagine yourself killing, gutting, and then crawling into a giant cockroach.

Safe from radiation at least :p

I actually really dont mind the Heavy Falmour Gear!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I have 2 basic armor combos I wear almost all the time. There are a few others that come out on occasion, but what you see below, I have on probably 85-90% of the time. I trend a bit more on good pieces that have a bit of style to them over something stronger but less visually appealing so to speak. I also tend towards lots of black and red.

Obviously these are mods. Everything is in the ebony/daedric ballpark on quality.

Top left is the mod Contractor Long Cuirass of which I am fond due to the long trench-coat-like design to it. Along with it I use the gauntlets and boots from Shadowscale retexture of the Assassins Armor. The lower left and lower middle are the same armor but have the mask which is also a part of the contractor armor set, so this overall set is about 50/50 mesh up of 2 sets.

Top middle, top right and lower right are almost entirely the Shadowscale Assassin's Armor retexture but I use the Contractor mask from the other set because it was considerably better looking than the Shadowscale hood. I like how this setup looks which the Dragon Aspect shout activated. The other armor set clips some of the visuals of the shout off, but still looks pretty good though.

Weapons: Raido has always got his trusty sword with him. It's a 1-handed katana which is modded after the sword ("Zangetsu") of Ichigo, the main character in the anime Bleach. Stats are a Daedric sword roughly, a hair lighter on the weight. He also uses his Daedric Bow (with Daedric Arrows) a good bit, the one shown is a HD retexture with no stat change. He sometimes uses his Skyforge Steel Battle-Axe which was his gift crafted by Eorlund when Raido was accepted into the Companions. Of all his pieces he's obtained, his axe is right there at the top of the list of that which he's most proud both as it reflects the achievement of being a shield brother as well as the fact that Eorlund exclusively trained him his smithing skill.

armorcomp1.png

You will also see me periodically in a sleeveless Nightingale Armor, usually with Daedric Boots and an enchanted set of the Mages College Focusing Gloves because they just look cool with it. I also use the Wolf Armor from time to time. Accessories that are always on are his Daedric Necklace gifted to him by his mother several years before his parents were killed in an ambush, and a Daedric Ring that had been his brother's present the same time as Raido's necklace. His brother was killed when the two of them wandered into the skirmish in the pre-story run-up to this game that got Raido on his free trip to Helgen.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
The biggest problem for me is headgear. Most of the helmets in this game look, let's say not-so-good, and why would my badass orc head-smasher wear a fruity circlet? Fortunately, there are exceptions such as the Helm of Yngol, the most badass looking helmet in the game. Also has a nice enchantment for a warrior-type.

AS88

Staff member

JoeReese

I'd REALLY like to know how to get hold of one of the draugr helmets, but they seem to be flagged unplayable. :/

scarey

I currently have Lydia in bonemold hat, gloves and boots and ebony armor and weapons. This comes with the added advantage that she stands out in a melee so I can shoot bandits instead of her.

AS88

Staff member
I'd REALLY like to know how to get hold of one of the draugr helmets, but they seem to be flagged unplayable. :/

The one that's looks like the Helm of Yngol?

0.jpg

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I get easily annoyed with armor that doesn't match someway, as I do with clothes in real life. In the end, I'll generally opt for the most powerful/convenient option available, but it's still fun to try and match my armor and weapons.
So, what pieces of armor do you wear and with what weapon? (To match?)
I've seen a lot of pictures of the Ebony Mail with Nightingale, Ebony and Daedric pieces. These match well.
It's more difficult to match say.. A headgear item to go with the Ancient Falmer Armor. I've yet to find anything that matches even remotely besides a circlet; have you found anything?
Some other cool combinations are Spellbreaker & Dawnbreaker, Daedric weapons with Nightingale armor (and vice-versa,) Masque of Clavicus Vile & Ebony Mail, and others.

I definitely agree with you. Due to that reason, I normally stick with matching sets as they come. Although, Nightingale mixed with ebony doesn't look too bad.

But for heavy, I go with matching Daedric armor and Daedric or Ebony weapons (plus it has the highest armor rating and is easier to get to the cap). For the Light armor, depending on how my character plays, I pick either the Blackguards armor, the Ancient Shrouded armor, or Glass armor. With Blackguards, I match ebony weapons. For Ancient Shrouded, I match either ebony or Daedric (normally Daedric), and for Glass I typically get the matching glass weapons. You can get all of these armors to the cap, it just takes a little more determination. Oh and I like Nightingale, and I match that with ebony or daedric weapons like you said.

For whatever reason, I'm not a fan of the Dragon armor, or falmer, or steel, or really anything else. Especially whichever armor has the helmet that looks like a bear. Dwarven is way too bulky for me and I hate the Elven armor helmet because of the back of it. I find it hard to match armor with different things, unless you can replace the helmet with a circlet, but eh. Although, for women, the Forsworn armor and the more revealing fur armor isn't too bad :D

AS88

Staff member
I very rarely wear a full set of the same armour. I feel that mixing and matching is a big part of what makes a character unique. Here's just a tiny snapshot of the examples I've used in the past.

9e399659.jpg

Nightingale with Guild Master's Hood

IMAG02291_zpse0905ef1.jpg

Stalhrim with Dawnguard boots and gauntlets

IMAG01941_zpsc421d741.jpg

Dragonscale with Nightingale and Ebony weapons

IMAG01721_zps8e1eb9c3.jpg

Steel Armour with Steel Plate boots and Scaled gauntlets with a Dwarven Sword

b07c3e62.jpg

Blades Armour with Orcish Helmet

Gigapact

I very rarely wear a full set of the same armour. I feel that mixing and matching is a big part of what makes a character unique. Here's just a tiny snapshot of the examples I've used in the past.

Actually, those look pretty good! I should probably have more patience and experiment. In the first pic, is that an already enchanted cowl, if not, I could never find a plain black cowl, where'd you find it?

AS88

Staff member

Actually, those look pretty good! I should probably have more patience and experiment. In the first pic, is that an already enchanted cowl, if not, I could never find a plain black cowl, where'd you find it?

It's the Guild Master's Hood! The only black cowls I know of are the GM Hood, Linwe's/Blackguard (kinda dark grey, though) and the Dark Brotherhood ones. So you basically have to be a thief or a murderer (or murderer-murderer) to get them, without console commands.

Other good combinations include Dawnguard armour with an Apprentice Hood, full Nightingale Armour but with Master Robes, Saviour's Hide with Forsworn Armour, etc, etc. There are literally too many to list.

If you have a specific character in mind and a specific look you're going for, I'd be happy to make suggestions :)

Gigapact

It's the Guild Master's Hood! The only black cowls I know of are the GM Hood, Linwe's/Blackguard (kinda dark grey, though) and the Dark Brotherhood ones. So you basically have to be a thief or a murderer (or murderer-murderer) to get them, without console commands.

Other good combinations include Dawnguard armour with an Apprentice Hood, full Nightingale Armour but with Master Robes, Saviour's Hide with Forsworn Armour, etc, etc. There are literally too many to list.

If you have a specific character in mind and a specific look you're going for, I'd be happy to make suggestions :)

I figured it was some form of TG armor. I have the black guards armor. I was just hoping for an unenchanted one :sadface: So sad. The DB head piece would have been okay because I use bows a lot, but they're not the same as a cowl really.

But thanks for the suggestions! I will let you know :D

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Daedric armor, including shield, with an Ebony Bow and Ebony Sword, all smithed by my character. Ironically, Daedric armor is way better than Ebony, yet the weaponry is not. What a waste of two daedric hearts.......

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
It's a variant of the ancient Nord helmet. If you have PC, it's addable through console only, PS3/XBox are probably unavailable as far as I know.

draugrcodes.png

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts