• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I very rarely wear a full set of the same armour. I feel that mixing and matching is a big part of what makes a character unique. Here's just a tiny snapshot of the examples I've used in the past.

Nightingale with Guild Master's Hood

Stalhrim with Dawnguard boots and gauntlets

Dragonscale with Nightingale and Ebony weapons

Steel Armour with Steel Plate boots and Scaled gauntlets with a Dwarven Sword

Blades Armour with Orcish Helmet

I like a lot of those combos, especially the Orc/Blades combination. I hadn't seen that before but the mix of types is cool looking. Probably because the Orc helmet has some historical East Asian influences, particularly China and Japan to some extent. Obviously the Blades armor was Akaviri derived which in turn was almost completely samurai in inspiration.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I'd REALLY like to know how to get hold of one of the draugr helmets, but they seem to be flagged unplayable. :/
It's a variant of the ancient Nord helmet. If you have PC, it's addable through console only, PS3/XBox are probably unavailable as far as I know.

draugrcodes.png

On vanilla game, Ancient Nord Armor can be forged at the Skyforge during the Companions questline. Also, I believe there is one or two dungeons you can find pieces of the armor. Not to mention Ahzidal's Armor. Ancient Nord Armor is one of my favorite armors and my main character wore it for a very long time.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ancient_Nord_Armor#Ancient_Nord_Armor

JoeReese

I'd REALLY like to know how to get hold of one of the draugr helmets, but they seem to be flagged unplayable. :/
It's a variant of the ancient Nord helmet. If you have PC, it's addable through console only, PS3/XBox are probably unavailable as far as I know.

draugrcodes.png

On vanilla game, Ancient Nord Armor can be forged at the Skyforge during the Companions questline. Also, I believe there is one or two dungeons you can find pieces of the armor. Not to mention Ahzidal's Armor. Ancient Nord Armor is one of my favorite armors and my main character wore it for a very long time.

Not that one. It's the one that looks more like a traditional viking helmet...skull cap with eye guards and a chainmail skirt. I have found it by clicking on a dead drauger in console and typing INV. It lists the inventory without any helmet, but I took the id number of an unusual blank space and searched it in creation kit. It says there it's a helmet, unplayable, but there's no preview pic at all, and dragging it into an interior zone produces nothing. Going back to console, when you use the drop command, it disappears off the draugr's head, but never appears anywhere else, and of course using additem or player.additem doesn't help. You get a message that says " added" (ominous empty space) but nothing appears in your inventory. Dropping it by console doesn't make it appear on the ground either, and when I tried to use equipitem on Faendal, it just made his head disappear. I've also noticed that it does not appear in any of the "unplayable items" mods I've found, so I'm kind of stumped at why/how they designed a really nice helmet, which can actually be added to or removed from draugr, yet does not show up graphically anywhere else, and is not only unplayable but unlabeled. :/

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Not that one. It's the one that looks more like a traditional viking helmet...skull cap with eye guards and a chainmail skirt. I have found it by clicking on a dead drauger in console and typing INV. It lists the inventory without any helmet, but I took the id number of an unusual blank space and searched it in creation kit. It says there it's a helmet, unplayable, but there's no preview pic at all, and dragging it into an interior zone produces nothing. Going back to console, when you use the drop command, it disappears off the draugr's head, but never appears anywhere else, and of course using additem or player.additem doesn't help. You get a message that says " added" (ominous empty space) but nothing appears in your inventory. Dropping it by console doesn't make it appear on the ground either, and when I tried to use equipitem on Faendal, it just made his head disappear. I've also noticed that it does not appear in any of the "unplayable items" mods I've found, so I'm kind of stumped at why/how they designed a really nice helmet, which can actually be added to or removed from draugr, yet does not show up graphically anywhere else, and is not only unplayable but unlabeled. :/
Crazy but not all that surprising. They spent a lot of time and effort doing the character model for Alduin which looks awesome for the full 5-7 minutes you get to ever see it in the game.

Only logical reason I could think of is that maybe that particular object clipped horribly with most character models, or maybe that just completely overlooked it. Cool helm tho.

JoeReese

Crazy but not all that surprising. They spent a lot of time and effort doing the character model for Alduin which looks awesome for the full 5-7 minutes you get to ever see it in the game.

Only logical reason I could think of is that maybe that particular object clipped horribly with most character models, or maybe that just completely overlooked it. Cool helm tho.
I didn't think about the clipping but that could be it...draugr maybe have skinny heads or something. If I can figure it out, I'll definitely be rocking the old viking helmet around Skyrim.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I didn't think about the clipping but that could be it...draugr maybe have skinny heads or something. If I can figure it out, I'll definitely be rocking the old viking helmet around Skyrim.

It also might not be a separate object from the character model's head.

If you do figure it out tho, let me know. I'd like one too.

JoeReese

Will do. I'm not giving up...just need to read some ck tutorials and see if I can uncover the secret.

JoeReese

I just posted a thread in the mod section about it. Hopefully some experienced modder knows how to get hold of it.
2014-01-31_00001.jpg

Chadonraz

I just posted a thread in the mod section about it. Hopefully some experienced modder knows how to get hold of it.
2014-01-31_00001.jpg

Well, that looks very similar to this:

E71eEPP.jpg

p8fB0t1.jpg

Lootable from Draugr/Skeletons that wear one, and very much equippable as well. Not totally sure which of my mods is behind lootable & equippable Draugr armor... has to be Skyrim Immersive Creatures or Immersive Armors, I'd say.

As for matching weapons/armors, I think my current setup is pretty good in that regard:

zm60W1r.jpg

- Witchplate Hood & Gauntlets
- Ebony Armor
- Orcish Boots (only because they've got 40% fire resistance)
- Nordic Orichalcum Shield
- Snow Bear Claw Cloak (of Resist Magic)
- Steel Sword
(- Ebony Bow)

Chadonraz

Gahhhh, that's outstanding. Immersive creatures or armors? Two separate mods?

Yep. And it really could be either one. SIC adds tons of Draugr and Skeletons, so it's plausible. And Immersive Armors... well, the name says it all. :)

JoeReese

I'm going to find it...one way or another. Dang it. TY VERY much, for the info. This is outstanding.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I'm going to find it...one way or another. Dang it. TY VERY much, for the info. This is outstanding.
I could see it being in either of those

JoeReese

Yeah, I just downloaded all 2.5 GIGs of it, and it's not presented itself to me either. I've searched console for it, to no avail. If it's in Immersive Creatures, I'm hosed, because of the other mods required to be able to get it. Back to the drawing board, I suppose. I'm hopeful, though, because if they were able to find it and make it useful, then there's every chance that I can too. I got momentarily excited at the heavy/light Nord spectacle helmet, but that turned out to look more like a cartoon than game graphics.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I have come late to this discussion, and compared to what's been posted, by contribution will seem rather bland. But contribute I will. :beermug: I match my armor with my weapons. Essentially in this regard, I am a Nord among Nords, wearing the Ancient Nord set, shield of Ysgramor, and using a Nord Hero sword.

At one time I was using a Stalhrim mace with the Ancient Nord set... This I had to change, for whenever I would view myself from third person, it appeared that I had a ridiculously huge lollipop dangling from my hip.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I have come late to this discussion, and compared to what's been posted, by contribution will seem rather bland. But contribute I will. :beermug: I match my armor with my weapons. Essentially in this regard, I am a Nord among Nords, wearing the Ancient Nord set, shield of Ysgramor, and using a Nord Hero sword.

At one time I was using a Stalhrim mace with the Ancient Nord set... This I had to change, for whenever I would view myself from third person, it appeared that I had a ridiculously huge lollipop dangling from my hip.

That's how I've started to feel about Stahlrim weapons, too. They just seem silly, especially when worn with darker/neutral colored armors. It's funny because I love the Stahlrim armor, but I've always disliked Dwarven armor because I feel like it's too bright. Yet I have no problem running around like a giant blue popsicle apparently.

JoeReese

Haha! The stahlrim mace always makes me think I need fur armor, so I can be a proper caveman.

JoeReese

That's how I've started to feel about Stahlrim weapons, too. They just seem silly, especially when worn with darker/neutral colored armors. It's funny because I love the Stahlrim armor, but I've always disliked Dwarven armor because I feel like it's too bright. Yet I have no problem running around like a giant blue popsicle apparently.

I think it would be outstanding if we could take our shiny, fancy armors with their great ratings, and cover them with painted or dirt-smeared burlap or something. Ancient Nord Camo. :)

JoeReese

Thanks very much to KaitoGhost for helping me find this. I'm not sure of the etiquette of posting nexus links here. Anybody know if that's cool?
standalone