• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Oh well it won't let me fix it. But still. Werewolves... All the increased power and damage, without the emo arrogance.

Werewolf_VS_Vampire_by_gaallo.jpg
I see a werewolf eating a bat?? what does this have to do with vampires?

Pssssssssssssssssht

that bat is a vampire.
since when would a true vampire turn into 1 bat they must be pretty weak last I checked a true vampire would turn into a swarm of bats lets see that werewolf take on 50 bats at once they would drink him dry

Agentoringe

lol I see you guys have been playing a bad game of "mental fetch" with Tx while I was away,haha throwing out logical points for him to get then he brings them back fairly close, you have to wrestle some form of logic out of what he says then throw it back again...lol

I will agree with him on a couple of points, vampires, in the skyrim realm, are the most powerful beings aside from the dovakhiin and the dragons/dragon priests, werewolves just don't add up in comparison, in game Ive seen 2 blooded vampires and a master wipe out half of white run before I intervened just to see how far they would go with it, werewolves wouldn't be able to keep up with the numbers, where as the vampires, at least 1/1 for every person they kill they will gain a minion from revenant, so it ends up being a 6 enemy invasion if you don't kill them quickly, plus I've been unfortunate enough to come across blooded vampires w the 1 handed perk savage strike, at which point they promptly beheaded my VERY well daedric geared cohort that was enchanted ridiculously and then even the dovakhiin fell. Haha

Blooded vampires, like serana, don't have a level restriction on thier revenant spell...which makes them VERY formidable. So as far as in game mechanics and strength of character goes (not raw strength) vampires win the debate.

The biggest problem for Tx is that he's mixing way too much lore, DIFFERENT lores at that, with the limited parameters for said power and strength in the video game. which sadly just doesn't work. lol

On a side note, just be glad that they didn't include the variations of khajit based on the phases of the moons in the game, they would make werewolves look like lapdogs. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Ignoring the mental strain of splitting your mind into 50 separate creatures I want to point out that most vamps turn into one bat for practicality.

Now I assume you know how most bats navigate. Ecolocation. Yup they used sound. Imma low ball it here but if a werewolf power howls/ roars for say 5 seconds guess what thay is like being constantly being hit with flashbangs for that duration. Now this is requiring you vampire to have enough willpower in the first place to command his swarm form. Notice even your VL only does multi bat form for a couple seconds.

I know you dislike logic but these days legends are logical.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I see a werewolf eating a bat?? what does this have to do with vampires?

Pssssssssssssssssht

that bat is a vampire.
since when would a true vampire turn into 1 bat they must be pretty weak last I checked a true vampire would turn into a swarm of bats lets see that werewolf take on 50 bats at once they would drink him dry

Last time I checked there are tons of theories surrounding vampires. In some stories they can turn into whatever animal, in some stories they can turn into a single bat, in some stories they can turn into a swarm.

You pick whatever sounds good to you from many different theories and legends and draw a conclusion out of that. You can't combine TES vampires with vampires from other stories. You mix up lore.

That's the whole issue. It's a non-existent creature that was mentioned in many different cultures throughout history - therefor theories clash and contradict.
There is no simple 'yes' or 'no' to the question who is stronger. It's all about the stories you prefer.

Agentoringe

Last time I checked there are tons of theories surrounding vampires. In some stories they can turn into whatever animal, in some stories they can turn into a single bat, in some stories they can turn into a swarm.

You pick whatever sounds good to you from many different theories and legends and draw a conclusion out of that. You can't combine TES vampires with vampires from other stories. You mix up lore.

That's the whole issue. It's a non-existent creature that was mentioned in many different cultures throughout history - therefor theories clash and contradict.
There is no simple 'yes' or 'no' to the question who is stronger. It's all about the stories you prefer.

Very good point ma'am! :) only problem is that you posed the "vampires or werewolves" question in a skyrim forum, most ppl as did I, infer that would mean which is superior in the skyrim/tamrielic realm, in which case the answer is vampires...but I digress, I think they should have went total medieval with it and brought every "monster in the dark", power and strength mystique and legend to life with these creatures and made them central aspects of the dawnguard DLC for opposite sides or the werewolves as a third power in the struggle. it was DLC, the main story was over with at that point, make it a BA twist and explode the end game. lol

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

Very good point ma'am! :) only problem is that you posed the "vampires or werewolves" question in a skyrim forum, most ppl as did I, infer that would mean which is superior in the skyrim/tamrielic realm, in which case the answer is vampires...but I digress, I think they should have went total medieval with it and brought every "monster in the dark", power and strength mystique and legend to life with these creatures and made them central aspects of the dawnguard DLC for opposite sides or the werewolves as a third power in the struggle. it was DLC, the main story was over with at that point, make it a BA twist and explode the end game. lol

well look at it like this can you picture a group of werewolves trying to take over the world?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Only idiots try to take over the world so that is purely vampires, what I can see is a old school Fur vs Fang war with humans becoming involved.

Agentoringe

Only idiots try to take over the world so that is purely vampires, what I can see is a old school Fur vs Fang war with humans becoming involved.

lol true sir very true, that is what they typically devolve into, however the "true" vampires that I'm speaking of, don't have any aspirations of taking over the world, they only want to control it. Control and Rule are 2 different things to a true vampire.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
lol true sir very true, that is what they typically devolve into, however the "true" vampires that I'm speaking of, don't have any aspirations of taking over the world, they only want to control it. Control and Rule are 2 different things to a true vampire.

And what pray tell is a "true" vampire? Ambition of that scale is just a personality trait. As for control to rule, they are technically synonyms. But I understand what you are saying, that is why vampire's usually control cooperation but arent something more direct like a politician.

DarkRaiden

Sir Reginald Von Bartlesby
I prefer neither. I mean... Why be one if you can hunt both? :D
But seriously, I just don't really like being either a vampire or a werewolf,. I somehow like being a normal human, slowing time by shouting and blasting lightning and fire out of my hands.
If I could be something I'd prefer to be a potato. A normal potato.

DarkRaiden

Sir Reginald Von Bartlesby
Yeah but usually a werewolf has more hair than a vampire, so if you have to pick one, you go for the fluffy kind.
Like I mentioned earlier, I actually don't like either kind so I wouldn't really pick a side even if I had to choose. My choice would most likely be just a flip-of-the-coin decision