• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I have never seen an Order Vampyrum turn into a Vampire Lord I am talking about Physical power in a fight not what they control

Magic isn't physical power either.
facepalm you know exaclty what I mean in a one on one fight 1 order vampire would be no match for 1 volkihar hell at the end of teh Vampire side of teh dawnguard questline they would be more powerful then the order considering they would have power over the sun, if they control the sun they would control all vampires let alone the world

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I have never seen an Order Vampyrum turn into a Vampire Lord

You've never seen one period. Unless we assume the Count of Skingrad was part of that group.

I am talking about Physical power in a fight not what they control

True power is control. What physical power do you refer to? A person well versed in magic could destroy anyone. Vampire Lord or not, Lord Harkon didn't like fireballs to the face.

Vampire Lords aren't this super powerful, awesome, unstoppable force. They can be killed like anything else. They only survived this long, because they were silent for thousands of years.

tx12001

I have never seen an Order Vampyrum turn into a Vampire Lord

You've never seen one period. Unless we assume the Count of Skingrad was part of that group.

I am talking about Physical power in a fight not what they control

True power is control. What physical power do you refer to? A person well versed in magic could destroy anyone. Vampire Lord or not, Lord Harkon didn't like fireballs to the face.

Vampire Lords aren't this super powerful, awesome, unstoppable force. They can be killed like anything else. They only survived this long, because they were silent for thousands of years.
fine if you dont think a vampire lord is powerful I dare you to try to break Lord Harkon's blood Shield without Auriels bow go ahead try throw everything you have at it and you will learn it wont be enough, underestimating the vampires are what got the vigilants almost wiped out.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
facepalm you know exaclty what I mean in a one on one fight 1 order vampire would be no match for 1 volkihar hell at the end of teh Vampire side of teh dawnguard questline they would be more powerful then the order considering they would have power over the sun, if they control the sun they would control all vampires let alone the world

Prove it. I kill Volkihar Vampire's all the time, often with a sword. Show the source they would win?

They wouldn't control the world, you mess with the sun. It'll be like the female Vampire said, the undoing of Vampires. The Order of the Day would form.

tx12001

w

Prove it. I kill Volkihar Vampire's all the time, often with a sword. Show the source they would win?

They wouldn't control the world, you mess with the sun. It'll be like the female Vampire said, the undoing of Vampires. The Order of the Day would form.
But as Harkon says the vampires would never tire never grow weak more then a match for their pitiful armies besides they would never figure it out go up to even an intelligent person in skyrim when the suns blocked out and they wont know whats going on they cant comprehend that avampire would have that much power so they would instantly assume ts the gods doing

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming

Aye this is true. And Count Hassildor is simple put a badass.

And honestly this is true of everyone outside of Daedra. A sort of "If it bleeds, We can kill it." which applies even to things that can't bleed.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
But as Harkon says the vampires would never tire never grow weak more then a match for their pitiful armies besides they would never figure it out go up to even an intelligent person in skyrim when the suns blocked out and they wont know whats going on they cant comprehend that avampire would have that much power so they would instantly assume ts the gods doing

Vampires get hunted... and they die.They lose just due to logistics. Even if they dont tire they still get killed.

As for the sun thing. Everyone goes "What is up with the sky?" And that is it. People would still kill vamps.

Side question: If you do Vampire side of Dawnguard does the sun stay permanently messed up?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

When Vampire attacks start increasing and the sun is tied into it, people tend to figure things like that out. Especially Mages who study those things.

Pitiful armies? Those so called pitiful armies have stood up to hoards of undead, daedra etc. You think one castle is going to stand up to the might of all Tamriel?

tx12001

When Vampire attacks start increasing and the sun is tied into it, people tend to figure things like that out. Especially Mages who study those things.

Pitiful armies? Those so called pitiful armies have stood up to hoards of undead, daedra etc. You think one castle is going to stand up to the might of all Tamriel?
vampires can increase their numbers a lot faster then mortals can it doesnt help if the vampires go straight after the most powerful people in Tamriel and enthrall them now does it

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
vampires can increase their numbers a lot faster then mortals can it doesnt help if the vampires go straight after the most powerful people in Tamriel and enthrall them now does it

"Can" but never do. There is a reason Vampires have a thing about purity. They would never stoop to trying to mass produce vampires.

Probably get a mess of thinbloods dying out and giving them away.

If vampires go after the actually powerful. They die. Be it danwguard politics or being caught.

tx12001

But as Harkon says

Harkon is nuts, he's crazy, screws loose, makes Pelagius the Mad look sane.

I wouldn't exactly be taking his word about things.
I doubt that Harkon was closeminded, Pelagius on the other hand fell asleep at his coronation he liked to wake up in the middle of the night and wash his floor and then insisted he speaks to argoinan visitors in grunts and squeaks as is their native language and on his death bed he outlawed death which as you can see did not work, Harkon is no where near as crazy as Pelagius the 3rd

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Where does it say they can increase their numbers faster? If that is true, why aren't there more Vampires than people? Where is the source of this?

Vampire Lords can't. As mentioned in-game, only a select few can handle the blood.

After Vampires have been around for thousands of years... If they haven't enthralled the most powerful people yet, they can't reach them. You can't thrall everyone.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I doubt that Harkon was closeminded

Harkon was obsessed, and viewed himself as Vampire royalty. He couldn't see past a prophecy that was made so one Vampire could take revenge on a God.

Man is blinded by arrogance. He is most definitely closed minded.

tx12001

They cant thrall anyone you say well explain Dexicon Evicus being able to be enthralled or the numerous vampire thralls you encounter with vampires

Vampire Lords can only select a few who can handle their blood due to its power it usually would kill most people outright

look at sybill stenar she wont do it but don't you think she could easly enthrall Jarl Elisif, look at Count Janus hassildor in Oblivon he is a vampire so the thing is some of the leaders already are vampires or could be turned very easily

tx12001

Harkon was obsessed, and viewed himself as Vampire royalty. He couldn't see past a prophecy that was made so one Vampire could take revenge on a God.

Harkon was vampire royalty he was turned by Molag Bal himself and vampires are not men they are demons

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
They cant thrall anyone you say

I said everyone...

look at sybill stenar she wont do it but don't you think she could easly enthrall Jarl Elisif, look at Count Janus hassildor in Oblivon he is a vampire so the thing is some of the leaders already are vampires or could be turned very easily

And Mages see right through it, there is a Mage in Solitude who makes comments about Stentor being a Vampire, the Mages Guild knew the Count was a Vampire.

The Mage in Morthal also knows you're a Vampire when you approach him about a cure.

tx12001

and just so you nitcoed my fault on that let me re right it
"I doubt that.....Harkon WAS Close minded" now is it eazier to understand