• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Hybrids in TES are actually a glitch. See, werewolf blood purges vampire blood. Hence why becoming a werewolf can cure you from vampirism. And werewolves are resistant to sanguine vampiris.

Blood types purging each other which would count as a physics law in the world of TES. And physics laws are consistent and don't make exceptions.

True, but if your going off of "in game logic" then why is it after a extended period of time as a werewolf you can be infected with vampirism? bug also? Or simply proving that the immunity to certain diseases are only dominant during the early stages of lycanthropy and wear off once the bloodline "settles"? I'm just saying, if your basing your "hybrids aren't possible" off of the events in skyrim, then you don't have much of an argument considering it deals with ONE bloodline of vampires lol that specific line my be strong enough to purge lycanthropy, but others may not, others may be routed by lycanthropy, others my mingle with it, there's no way to tell for sure lol also, its not really a glitch at all, if anything id say it proves that with proper timing during the transformation that the bloodlines CAN be mingled and a true hybrid can be born...lol the argument can be supported either way, which is why I stick to my guns that a hybrid, however "glitchy" you may see it, is not only a simple thing to achieve in skyrim without using anything special, but is a VERY possible occurrence in the realm of tamriel itself as there is no direct lore to prove otherwise until they fill that gap lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny bc I don't see ANY lore references just you making claims, or using a single instance in game spoken by a specific bloodline of vampire (volkihar) because its clear according to lore that there are HUNDREDS of bloodlines of vampires scattered across tamriel, is it impossible to consider that ONE of them couldn't have a mixed bloodline and or be true hybrids? I think not sir :) it's very possible. lol according to UESP wiki Lamae Beolfag doesn't have a recorded date of birth or "death"..."[edit]Lamae Beolfag (?b - ?d)
Nedic woman and servant of Arkay who was brutally raped by Molag Bal. After being found by her people and cared for, death was said to have took her though some accounts have her actually recovering rapidly but due to the disease spreading throughout her body, her fearful kinsmen decided to purify her through fire. The night she was to be "cremated" she rose from "death" and began slaughtering her people, including the children; she became the first vampire and created more like herself in her rampages. She later earned the title of Blood Matron.[4] Although she was the first vampire, others have received the curse willingly from Molag Bal. Lamae's personality was initially still intact after Molag's attack but became vengeful when Arkay apparently forsook her and did nothing to prevent her being cursed, She renounced Arkay and in order to spite him, begun feeding upon his followers, spreading vampirism across Tamriel. Lamae's fate is unknown though she was active during the time Molag Bal attempted to merge his realm with Nirn."

Also ysgramor doesn't have a direct date associated with him either..."Ysgramor, "the harbinger of us all",[1] was an ancient Atmoran king who came to Tamriel before recorded history as a refugee fleeing civil war in Atmora.[2][3] Some Elven scholars insist Ysgramor was responsible for unspecified "provocations and blasphemies" that led to the genocide known as the Night of Tears, when the human settlement Saarthal was attacked by the Snow Elves and all humans purportedly slain except Ysgramor and his two sons, Yngol and Ylgar,[4] though some scholars believe this attack was unprovoked.[5] Ysgramor fled back to Atmora, gathered the legendary Five Hundred Companions, then sailed back to Hsaarik Head and drove the Elves from Skyrim and Solstheim, cementing himself as a "culture hero" of the Nords.[2][6][7] He wielded the axe Wuuthrad in battle.[8] Since he is the first known human to transcribe Nordic speech using Elven principles of writing, he is credited with being the first human historian.[2] Because of his exploits, he is known as "the first Harbinger, the first Man, [and] the bringer of Words", and the modern-day Companions still revere him as their only true leader.[9] His progeny ruled Skyrim until 1E 369, when the death of King Borgas brought an end to his direct line of known heirs.[5] However, he is still believed to be the wellspring from whom all Nordic kings are descended.[10]"

...and clearly stating that he came to tamriel BEFORE recorded history, given that Lamae and the events that took place between arkay and Molag bal don't have a date set to them according to the lore provided, it could EASILY be inferred that ysgramor and his "legendary" companions could have been vampires, werewolves or both...or had some contact with them in the in between...he's branded in that excerpt for being responsible for unspecified provocation and blasphemies, which the undead (of all kinds) and werewolves alike are considered to be...

Also I'm glad you brought up the possible/closest known hybrid being in elder scrolls online, because you unknowingly are helping me prove my point...due to the events in TESO occurring roughly a thousand years BEFORE the events of skyrim, there is clearly a closer bloodline of possible hybridization between the two...vampires with wolf like traits, no weakness to sunlight and stronger in the moonlight? yeah, who's to say a thousand years before that there wasnt a pure blooded hybrid that had ALL the strengths of both and NONE of the weaknesses? You clearly can't provide ANY lore to prove otherwise...which is why skyrim lore is so fun to debate :) there are alot of holes in it and alot of timeline gaps that just simply can't be accounted for...meaning a pure blood hybrid is VERY possible and VERY lore friendly. :) so I'm sorry bud, your point is decent, but very linear and doesn't even begin to encompass the vastness of tamrielic history, let alone the specifics in question here, and I honestly don't see how you could read the lore THOROUGHLY and not think a hybrid is possible lol I mean, the game is open to play how you see fit sure, but the possibility of it occurring AND being lore friendly is VERY real lol just hasn't been written in yet :)

the vampires in ESO are not vampires mixed with werrewolf blood they are vampires who have been altered by Hircine directly via a deal between Molag Bal and Hircine and are you aware Lamae Beolfag is a character in ESO and the date she was turned is mention in the USEP

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
To further back my side here, Harkon calls vampirism in skyrim a "disease" but not a true bloodline of vampires, and offers you his blood to purify your own, ok...for the sake of argument, lets say Harkons pure blood is the "O positive" of vampire blood, meaning it can mingle and bond with ANY bloodline, even though his direct blood can purge the lycanthropy, with proper culturing or forced mingling, IE: introducing werewolf blood into a human at the same time as a pure blooded vampires blood, who's to say, without any doubt, that the hybridization of the 2 couldn't occur? lol

This comes from the most respected TES lore website. This gives you something to think about:

Vampirism and lycanthropy cannot co-exist in Skyrim; one cannot be both a werewolf and a vampire at the same time. After becoming a werewolf, a vampire is cured of Sanguinare Vampiris. Because lycanthropy provides total disease immunity, this prevents you from becoming infected with Sanguinare Vampiris while the Beast Blood ability is present. Note that you can, however, cure lycanthropy (just as you can cure vampirism), so you will be able to become a vampire again should you choose to forgo your Beast Blood.

Agentoringe

I agree there will be lore changes made, but the fact that TESO is going to "correct" or make the other games lore inaccurate, while TESO itself introduces the "near hybrid" wouldn't it stand to reason that they are leaning MORE towards the idea that a hybrid exists? lol it will change, and probably alot lol but the fact remains that until they specify that there is NO possibility throughout any bloodline of vampire that a hybrid could exist, there IS the possibility of it existing AND being lore friendly until they correct it or accept it otherwise lol :)

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I agree there will be lore changes made, but the fact that TESO is going to "correct" or make the other games lore inaccurate, while TESO itself introduces the "near hybrid" wouldn't it stand to reason that they are leaning MORE towards the idea that a hybrid exists? lol it will change, and probably alot lol but the fact remains that until they specify that there is NO possibility throughout any bloodline of vampire that a hybrid could exist, there IS the possibility of it existing AND being lore friendly until they correct it or accept it otherwise lol :)

On a side note. Stop using lol in the beginning and end of every sentence. It's a bit annoying. ;)

tx12001

On a side note. Stop using lol in the beginning and end of every sentence. It's a bit annoying. ;)
you actually noticed that

Agentoringe

This comes from the most respected TES lore website. This gives you something to think about:

Vampirism and lycanthropy cannot co-exist in Skyrim; one cannot be both a werewolf and a vampire at the same time. After becoming a werewolf, a vampire is cured of Sanguinare Vampiris. Because lycanthropy provides total disease immunity, this prevents you from becoming infected with Sanguinare Vampiris while the Beast Blood ability is present. Note that you can, however, cure lycanthropy (just as you can cure vampirism), so you will be able to become a vampire again should you choose to forgo your Beast Blood.

AH, but again, those references are made towards skyrim, it it wasn't called sanguinare vampiris or whatever in the prior installments, but you yourself just claimed that that lore is otherwise rendered or will be rendered inaccurate as of TESO lol not to mention that only says it couldn't exist naturally in the events/region of TES:5, NOT that it couldn't exist at all lol because compared to the rest of tamriel, skyrim is very limited :) again, I say it's possible and lore friendly, it's your choice to agree or disagree, but the holes in history and regions, not to mention bloodlines in tamriel allow for the possibility :) that's all I'm saying :) haha

tx12001

AH, but again, those references are made towards skyrim, it it wasn't called sanguinare vampiris or whatever in the prior installments, but you yourself just claimed that that lore is otherwise rendered or will be rendered inaccurate as of TESO lol not to mention that only says it couldn't exist naturally in the events/region of TES:5, NOT that it couldn't exist at all lol because compared to the rest of tamriel, skyrim is very limited :) again, I say it's possible and lore friendly, it's your choice to agree or disagree, but the holes in history and regions, not to mention bloodlines in tamriel allow for the possibility :) that's all I'm saying :) haha

as Anouck said stop using the word "Lol" do you even have know idea what it means it means "Laugh out loud" why are you laughing out loud?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
haha very funny I don't care punctuation unless its life threateningly important

Knowing how to communicate properly is very important though writing in and off itself is of no importance.

And Vampirism is stated to branch out, but it is also stated to be utterly countered by Lycanthropy. So your argument still has no weight Angentoringe

Agentoringe

eh, too many holes in the lore and the referenced bloodline that's countered by lycanthropy is only ONE of hundreds across tamriel, it's irritating repeating myself :) so unless you can provide DIRECT REFERENCE to each bloodline across tamriel that shows that it cannot be mingled with werewolf blood it still stands to reason that a hybrid is possible AND lore friendly. :) 90% of the argument opposing this idea is based off of skyrim lore...if you look at the broad horizon of TES lore in general you'll see I'm right...there's no way to deny that a hybrid is possible and lore friendly when the bloodlines aren't covered. :)

tx12001

eh, too many holes in the lore and the referenced bloodline that's countered by lycanthropy is only ONE of hundreds across tamriel, it's irritating repeating myself :) so unless you can provide DIRECT REFERENCE to each bloodline across tamriel that shows that it cannot be mingled with werewolf blood it still stands to reason that a hybrid is possible AND lore friendly. :) 90% of the argument opposing this idea is based off of skyrim lore...if you look at the broad horizon of TES lore in general you'll see I'm right...there's no way to deny that a hybrid is possible and lore friendly when the bloodlines aren't covered. :)

here's the thing in Daggerfall it says their are over 100 strains of Vamprism with over 9 of them being in the Illiac bay area and you could join any of those 9 bloodlines, truth of the matter is that apart from the abilities the vampires specialize in their is very little diffrence, The Quarra, Berne and Aundae in Morrowind each specilized in strength, Stealth and Magic individually but apart from that were really not that different so all these vampire strains are very very similar to one another hell the Volkihar are not that much diffrent from the Order Vampyrium only I would say older and more powerful

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
the Volkihar are not that much diffrent from the Order Vampyrium only I would say older and more powerful

Cyrodiil Vampyrum are more powerful than the Volkihar, they control positions of power in the Empire. They have Legions and unlimited resources at their disposal.

Volkihar have a run down castle, and some pretty magic tricks.

tx12001

the Volkihar are not that much diffrent from the Order Vampyrium only I would say older and more powerful

Cyrodiil Vampyrum are more powerful than the Volkihar, they control positions of power in the Empire. They have Legions and unlimited resources at their disposal.

Volkihar have a run down castle, and some pretty magic tricks.
I have never seen an Order Vampyrum turn into a Vampire Lord I am talking about Physical power in a fight not what their group controls