• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Nor did I. I am a fan of constructive criticism, especially if it is not sugar-coated. I repsect someone who can say what he said like that to people he barely knows who control his career on here, considering how most of us in this RP are pretty much famous people on here, due either to post count, RP involvement, moderatorness, pretty good writing or a combination of all of those. Please, no pictures.

*shrugs* I don't know, I don't do that because I don't like being hated on. :p But I like him, he seems nice, we talk so s'all good. :)

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    I'm very sorry for the ratings, I took them down a couple hours ago. I've been having a large workload and been getting very little sleep lately, and I kind of lashed out. I'll be taking a few days off from the forums to sort out all the issues I've been having, I'll understand if you want me to leave the RP. :sadface: If not, I'll post again on Monday.

-Soundwave :sadface:

Rekamennos

Account closed
    I'm very sorry for the ratings, I took them down a couple hours ago. I've been having a large workload and been getting very little sleep lately, and I kind of lashed out. I'll be taking a few days off from the forums to sort out all the issues I've been having, I'll understand if you want me to leave the RP. :sadface: If not, I'll post again on Monday.

-Soundwave :sadface:

NO SOUNDWAVE *tackles* You don't need to leave because of that I don't think it was intended to be like that.

Neverwin

Protector of Innocent Commas
    *LOL* I take off for most of the day and all sorts of stuff happens... Post-Script, I just want to let you know that I know where you're coming from constructive criticism-wise. As someone who enjoys writing myself, I really like hearing honest constructive criticism, and I also dish it out from time to time... but I usually add a ton of disclaimers before I do (usually... sometimes, when it comes to very basic stuff like actual god-modding and super errors with grammar, I just delve in without disclaimers)...

One of which includes asking the person/people involved if they would mind constructive criticism. The sad thing is that some people get really sensitive or defensive sometimes when you're honest (especially if there is a lot of attachment to the character)... and because this is the internet, some people can easily mistake your "neutral, third-party stance" for a jerk-sounding tone. I thought that you did very well for a sort of brief constructive criticism overview. Something more than just a constructive criticism summary would probably be pages upon pages long, so I don't blame you for keeping it short (especially with multiple people involved)...

A tip for next time... Try to balance things out. If at all possible, try to write things in this format: Positive thing, negative things (all in the middle), positive thing and/or words of encouragement. It might help off-set some of the defensiveness.

Thank you for what you wrote about my character. (Although, he's actually an elf wanna-be Nord... Bosmer are one of the shortest races in the Elder Scrolls universe, so I comment on his short stature often... LOL...) *lol* I consider characterization my strong point writing-wise. My biggest weakness usually tends to be descriptive prose... I also tend to forget about describing the setting often. *lol*

Rekamennos

Account closed
    >.< Okayyyy now you guys are all making me feel bad. Sorry for being so defensive. I am attached as you can see and I realize that's a flaw. Least I am willing to admit it so that counts for something, right?

Neverwin

Protector of Innocent Commas
    Ack... Wasn't trying to make you feel bad, Rekkamenos! You handled the criticism fairly well, actually. I've seen people react far, far worse. (No lie, I was once drowned under 63 flaming comments... not all by the same person... some were by that person's friends and fans.)

It is good that you recognize you have a strong (maybe too strong) attachment to your character. Being aware of it means you can monitor it and keep things from getting out of hand. :)

So am, I still in the story....*looks around worried*

Soundwave Don't go..... we need someone with calm like the bar scene!

*lays out massage chair scented candles and lot of booze Then beautiful massuase's of all races and genders line up.*
    Here let me help you relax. *plays soothing music*

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Thanks for the support. I've been going through a lot as of late, but these forums are a lifesaver. I'll be posting soon. Thank you all again, I'm getting everything in order so nothing like this happens again. :)

Let me know when I can post. I don't want to step on anymore toes.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Let me know when I can post. I don't want to step on anymore toes.

You can post whenever, at least I am pretty sure. :) I don't think Sky would mind when we just left Rorikstead.

Look rian,
    Not to e mean but I don't care to talk aout it yet.
    But let everyone know my pack is still on the horse and if they want they can attend my funeral the prepartions should have taken time and wouldn't be finished by the time they realize i am dead.

Passing it along.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    I wish to return... I will tone down Bruynzeel. Brians critique is on the money for Bruynzeel is too over the top. I will edit my dieing to just having had a panic attack and is being cared for in his house. I vote brian can stay. But i feel weird. Brian knows why. Sorry I mean PostScript. But after what I said to him in PM we might not see him anymore. Can i be anymore of a putz... probably, but not today.

I will only return if you all want me back.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Well, of course we want you back! You hold the title of the Purplest of all of the Shews, something none of us even come close to! No, but you are a fantastic writer- How else would you have become RP moderator? The style is different, but enjoyable.- and I, for one, would love to have you continue to write wiht us. I expect that many of the others would agree, unless something happened between all of you that I didn't see or something. Or they all secretly resent you. Of course, I understand if schedule or something interferes, and I doubt anyone would hate you for leaving due to any real life issues.

Shew

Thank you Madgod

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    You've always been wanted back. >.< *rolls eyes*

How eloquent, Rek. You managed to convey all that raw emotion and lust for the return of Shew into a simple sarcastic comment. I applaud you.

Shew

I am no longer RP Mod. And they will not be replacing me with another. Rayven will take care those duties. And she will be happier without me.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Well, do what you gotta do....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts