• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AlexanderSW

Thane of Falkreath
it's only been 9 in-game months and i still like being married to Shahvee. i married Shahvee after 4 in-game months and i never looked back. she's the perfect fit for my Argonian Dovahkiin, i sometimes imagine conversations between them and come up with the funniest situation whenever i come back home; like when my son wouldn't play with me or wouldn't approach me like his sister did i just run over to Shahvee, drunk and cry on her. when i'm away too long i sometimes get sick that i left them for almost a whole month so i make the trek back home. it's always so nice just to be home in Markarth for a few days to spent time with family before setting off on a another wild adventure.

are any of you guys too immersed in your skyrim marriages?

Sparky04

No not really. I married Aela as soon as I finished the Companions Quest and now kinda regret it. My headcanon is that Cora and Aela are split up on amicable terms. Aela gets the Breezhome but Cora can come and go if she's in the area.

AJK

I still haven't even encountered whatever it is that lets you marry people. I could look it up, but I don't really care.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I still haven't even encountered whatever it is that lets you marry people. I could look it up, but I don't really care.
Just go to the temple of Mara in Riften and buy an amulet. Wear it and marriage will be a possiblity for most of the folks you encounter that you've had dealings with previously and done something nice for. It's pretty easy, but, as far as I'm concerned, a waste of time (kind of like adoption). My current character will never marry and will never adopt. I think she enjoys ignoring Lucia in Whiterun when she asks for coins. She's evil that way. :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Just go to the temple of Mara in Riften and buy an amulet. Wear it and marriage will be a possiblity for most of the folks you encounter that you've had dealings with previously and done something nice for. It's pretty easy, but, as far as I'm concerned, a waste of time (kind of like adoption). My current character will never marry and will never adopt. I think she enjoys ignoring Lucia in Whiterun when she asks for coins. She's evil that way. :)
I amend that. If she could find someone evil enough, she probably would marry him/her. Kids though? FAH! She's about as maternal as a barracuda.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
1 of my characters is a Vampire Lord, He is immortal children are not while time cant harm him it will harm children just imagine having children biologically older then yourself the other Character is a Damn Lich could you imagine a Lich with Children? it just isn't going to happen a skeleton is not an ideal parent infact the vampire would see them as food and the Lich would see them as a specimen for experimentation.

Kaelbu

Before she got deleted (may her soul rest in Sovnguard [sp?]) my Breton harbinger was married to Vilkas, and they went everywhere together. She only had him leave her if she was bound for somewhere he could not follow, like Skuldafn or Pelagius' mind. That sounds pretty tame, I know. After all, Vilkas is a good follower anyway. BUT...

This character got deleted. Not once. Not twice. Not even thrice! FOUR times!
1.) PS3 broke.
2.) next PS3 broke.
3.) saved over before level 3.
4.) saved over despite taking care not to.

Idk how this kept happening to me, but each time was an accident. And eah time, before anything else, I made sure to become harbinger and marry Vilkas. THAT is commitment. And perhaps that qualifies as too much immersion. :)

AS88

Staff member
1 of my characters is a Vampire Lord, He is immortal children are not while time cant harm him it will harm children just imagine having children biologically older then yourself the other Character is a Damn Lich could you imagine a Lich with Children? it just isn't going to happen a skeleton is not an ideal parent infact the vampire would see them as food and the Lich would see them as a specimen for experimentation.

Please. More. Full. Stops!

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Haha, yes. For pages and pages of proof of how much I...er, how much my Khajiit loves being married to Onmund, one needn't look any further than my fan fiction :rolleyes: I can't explain why but I adore him. I think my last boyfriend was actually starting to get jealous :p

Farkas was my very first Skyrim husband (I mostly just wanted to see how marriage worked). I'd since passed him up several times in favor of Onmund, but my Nord warrior Svana grows increasingly fond of him as a shield-brother, a friend, and...well, they're quickly becoming inseparable. I sense a very happy, adventurous marriage in their future once the civil war has ended.

I like the whole Skyrim marriage thing. For most of my characters I want them to have a companion...more than a follower, someone they are deeply attached to. I don't like spouses that I have to leave at home. I want them with me so we can fight at each others' side and share our experiences. Of course in Onmund's case, that means disposing of quite a few dead guards...his lightning spells do tend to get out of hand...

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I have actually never gotten involved that intensely with my marriage or my kids. The kids actually start to annoy me constantly asking for money and presents (I'm not a kid person). However, I've actually gotten more involved with my pets.... the husky from Dawguard and Meeko. Go figure.

I guess the problem is I wish I had more dialogue available with my significant other, and more activities to do with your kids/spouse besides hide and seek and tag. Because my kids are always telling me my spouse took them fishing and had a blast, and whatever else they do. I wanna do that! I want to take my kids fishing and go get drunk with my spouse :sadface:

I'll just pretend to go have some mead with her now :beermug: cheers! Now I gotta go get my lovers bonus ;)

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Mk so GroBenjii has been taking sexy Borgakh the Steel Heart on a journey around Skyrim. We have stopped in at Riften long enough for Benjii to pick up an amulet of Mara and he is trying to find a nice spot to propose to his allustrious Orc companion.

Im sorta trying to follow the Orc traditions which involve violence in thier marraige but I also want a breathtaking view. Benjii is willing to travel to this location, so any ideas? (please dont say Throat of the World o_O) haha

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I think only one of my characters has ever married. I'm not crazy about it and it felt kind of silly. I adopted a kid once, too. And that was one of the main reasons I deleted that character. I'll never adopt, no matter how I rationalize it or feel bad for the orphans.

I am considering marriage again, though. Simply because I want a fourth person living in my home in Falkreath. The only person that it would make sense for, though, is Jenassa. I had her along with me for a big chunk of the game as my follower. And I always get kind of warm and fuzzy inside when she says, "It is a lonely thing, facing all the dangers of Skyrim by yourself. Come and find me if you decide that you miss my companionship." I feel like that's her hardened way of saying that she's going to miss me. I dunno... I don't want her to get all lovey-dovey on me once we're married. Would ruin her character.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I think only one of my characters has ever married. I'm not crazy about it and it felt kind of silly. I adopted a kid once, too. And that was one of the main reasons I deleted that character. I'll never adopt, no matter how I rationalize it or feel bad for the orphans.

I am considering marriage again, though. Simply because I want a fourth person living in my home in Falkreath. The only person that it would make sense for, though, is Jenassa. I had her along with me for a big chunk of the game as my follower. And I always get kind of warm and fuzzy inside when she says, "It is a lonely thing, facing all the dangers of Skyrim by yourself. Come and find me if you decide that you miss my companionship." I feel like that's her hardened way of saying that she's going to miss me. I dunno... I don't want her to get all lovey-dovey on me once we're married. Would ruin her character.

My Dunmer character married Jannessa and she was a great wife! As you know she is a beast in battle with her bow and dual-wielding and you wont have to pay her anymore to travel.

With the leather armour defualt, she is excellent at defending the house against attacks from anything! On Legendary, Janessa and my steward Illyia (a pwerful frost mage) would make VERY short work of any giants who came close to Lakeview... as I stood back and watched the lovely ladies :p

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
My Dunmer character married Jannessa and she was a great wife! As you know she is a beast in battle with her bow and dual-wielding and you wont have to pay her anymore to travel.

With the leather armour defualt, she is excellent at defending the house against attacks from anything! On Legendary, Janessa and my steward Illyia (a pwerful frost mage) would make VERY short work of any giants who came close to Lakeview... as I stood back and watched the lovely ladies :p

Yeah, I've watched Rayya and Lydia demolish bandits who've attacked my home before. For RP purposes, as crazy as this sounds, I'm just trying to decide if Jenassa will gel with the two of them. o_O

I wish you could have multiple followers. I'm trying to imagine Rayya, Jenassa, and my character dual-wielding and destroying everything together! :eek:

I've looked at the list of marriage options and I have to say, nobody stands out. Maybe Aela... such difficult choices. As an aside, I sometimes regret making Lydia my stewart. Originally, I felt bad having her hanging out in Dragonsreach while I had a giant home with room to spare.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Yeah, I've watched Rayya and Lydia demolish bandits who've attacked my home before. For RP purposes, as crazy as this sounds, I'm just trying to decide if Jenassa will gel with the two of them. o_O

I wish you could have multiple followers. I'm trying to imagine Rayya, Jenassa, and my character dual-wielding and destroying everything together! :eek:

I've looked at the list of marriage options and I have to say, nobody stands out. Maybe Aela... such difficult choices. As an aside, I sometimes regret making Lydia my stewart. Originally, I felt bad having her hanging out in Dragonsreach while I had a giant home with room to spare.

I forgot about Rayya! Its been awile since I played that character :oops:

Yeah im not a fan of Lydia, the only vannila housecarl I really like is Jordis. Although Iv never had the Markarth dude...

I just wanted an all female household (cept Incubus) and thought that a steward prob shouldnt wear armour all the time, but still needs to be able to protect herself and the estate. Im sure Janessa will get along with the other 2. She has dual-wielding in common with Rayya and Whitrun in common with Lydia :)

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.

Yeah im not a fan of Lydia, the only vannila housecarl I really like is Jordis. Although Iv never had the Markarth dude...

I just wanted an all female household (cept Incubus) and thought that a steward prob shouldnt wear armour all the time, but still needs to be able to protect herself and the estate. Im sure Janessa will get along with the other 2. She has dual-wielding in common with Rayya and Whitrun in common with Lydia :)

HAH! You've conjured up an image in my mind of Jenassa walking past Lydia going, "Nazeem, am I right?" Lydia smiles knowingly. Then Jenassa walks up to Rayya and is all, "I like to keep the stronger enchantment in my off hand. You?" And Rayya is all showing her the epic scimitars from Dragonborn DLC that she's wielding.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

HAH! You've conjured up an image in my mind of Jenassa walking past Lydia going, "Nazeem, am I right?" Lydia smiles knowingly. Then Jenassa walks up to Rayya and is all, "I like to keep the stronger enchantment in my off hand. You?" And Rayya is all showing her the epic scimitars from Dragonborn DLC that she's wielding.

You so have to marry her now :p !

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts