• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    Levi awoke on the floor by the fireplace, sore in spots from the previous days battle and head aching a little after staying up drinking mead with the townsfolk. One of them, Filnjar, had noticed Levi's fine hand-crafted ebony armor. After some haggling, Levi had eventually traded some stamina potion for a couple of Filnjar’s ebony ingots.

He looked up out the window. It was still early, as the birds outside were just beginning to sing. Levi sat up for a moment, then stood as he noticed Rodmar sharpening his blade. They gave each other a silent nod before Levi picked up his armor and the ebony ingots and quietly stepped outside toward the forge where a workbench sat. “I should have plenty of time to make a few improvements before we depart,” he thought.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    rodmar decided to stay in the house untill the rest where ready to leave. it wouldn't do to tempt fate.
    as soon as they passed shor's watchtower he'd change back into his armour.
    "where's the next overnight halt? i dont think we can clear that plain south of Kynesgrove before knightfall" asked rodmar

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    Levi was just stepping back inside when he heard Rodmar pose this question to the group, who had all begun to awaken.

"That depends. Once we get to Cragslane Cavern we'll have to decide if we want to continue due North by cutting through the woods, or continue the path to the right... as it loops through the Eastmarch Imperial Camp."

Levi's words hung in the air, as he'd intended them to. There hadn't been much discussion of politics amongst them up to this point, and he was hoping to find out where the others stood on the war and more specifically, the Stormcloaks, as they would be reaching Windhelm soon. Levi watched the other warriors, gauging their responses.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan got up and yawned "If you want to talk about the war I am on the Stormcloak's side" Khan grunted out.
    "I may not like nords but i was well damned born in skyrim and i will fight for the right for it to be free of the empire scum" Khan growled through bare teeth.

"I say we trample through that imperial camp and slay every last one of them" He said picking his battle axe up off the floor and strapping it to his back.

SolitudeScribe

Mage in plate. Because magicka runs out.
    The last to rise, and the last to stumble ungracefully toward the house's doorway. The floor, even if she slept more heavily than a giant, was not exactly the most comfortable of places. Peering outside, her eyes pinched in protest. All of Shor's Stone inhabitants were already conducting their daily ritual of working.

The Breton's words definitely hung around Ljúfa's ears, so much so, the blue cowl yanked back up over her head. It seemed like it took forever until words were gouged and from the careful speed, one could tell she selected them with meticulous care.

"For the sake of our youngest traveler, I'd say looping through the camp is safer. Unless someone here is kill on sight for the Imperial Legion and starts waving Stormcloak colors, that's an entirely different animal."

The woman arched a brow in surprise at Khan but wore an amused grin. "And rush blindly into battle where there are plenty more of them versus us? To risk the safety of Tobias? Just like my father. He thought throwing us into the fray when we couldn't lift a sword was the best option. No wonder I became a milk drinking magic user."

Her mouth promptly shut when one of the miners began to chop wood near by. He cast a glance toward the others but held a bitter glare at Ljúfa. Chances are, he assumed she was an Empire loyalist. Or maybe he recognized her from somewhere. In contrast to her confident tone, she offered the brown haired Nord miner a sad smile until he gathered the bundles of wood and walked away. The worker couldn't have been older than 15 but his lanky arms managed the weight.

"I'm a Stormcloak supporter from Solitude. I served in the Imperial Legion for 20 some odd years until resigning my position a few months ago," she confided to the group.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan looked over at Ljúfa "I never said Tobias was to go through the camp I just feel strongly about this i would never put a child in harms way after what ive been through" Khan said pointing at the scar over his right eye.

"If you guys want to loop ill loop but either way some imperials will die by my hand" Khan flared out not caring about the bystanders that might have heard but still made sure Tobias was asleep.

sticfigur

The Khajiit Brawler
    J'marco without hesitation said "We can go either way whichever is safer for Tobias but, so it's known this one is not fond of imperials." said J'marco who definitely had reason to hate imperials, seeing as how an imperial soldier's death caused J'marco to be imprisoned for 10 years.

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    Levi listened intently to the others as they spoke. Ljufa was right; the safety of the boy should be paramount, but which route would truly be safest?

"I, too, am a Stormcloak supporter," Levi stated bluntly and with little explanation, "and I've had my quarrels with more than a few Imperial soldiers in my time." He paused momentarily, thinking to himself. "In truth, there's no telling whether or not some Imperial whom any one of us could have met in battle isn't stationed at Eastmarch right now." After the previous day's trouble, Levi was hoping things would be quieter today. He held his tongue for a brief moment; not long enough for any of the others to disagree, mind you, but long enough to be polite. Then he continued:

"We'll cut through the woods, due North. Someone should wake the boy—" as Levi spoke he glanced at the home they had slept in and saw Tobias standing in the doorway.

"Well, with that taken care of..." Levi bent down to pick up his bag, first removing a small wedge of goat cheese and a half-consumed bottle of mead, then hoisting the bag onto his back. He placed his cheese in one had and his mead in the other, taking turns with them as he began walking.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    Rodmar changed back into his armor as soon as they passed shor's watch tower. he was glad the others had decided not to go for the imperial camp, he'd drawn enough attention already. still the rout they were taking would bring them close to a couple of bandit hide-outs plus a giant camp.
    someting mad him stop dead in his tracks, "wait! i smell somthing"
    rodmar crouched down and crept a little further down the track and saw what he had smelled.
    he crept back to the group "up ahead, 'bout 150 yards there's a pair of trolls in the middle of the road. dont look to be going anywhere either"

SolitudeScribe

Ljúfa stood closely to Tobias, still fashioned in the blue robe. The staff was now used to aid in walking, something that didn't seem to end in their journey even if they just started out on the road again. The battlemage was telling Khan and J'marco a story about a drunk Argonian in Solitude who acted like a dragon--extending his arms and running his way through a crowded shopping area, bellowing out his own 'roar'. "You know, all the other children wanted to tag along with him...! The look on their parent's faces. It was priceless."

Her brows perked in alarm at the mention of Trolls.

"Surely. If you smell them, they smell us," she told Rodmar.

From the annoyed expression and short response, it appears someone had a terrible and not so proud run in with Trolls.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    "we're down wind of them, they havent caught our sent" replied rodmar
    one troll was no problem out in the open. not like in that house a few days back, there had been no room to swing his sword never mind dodge the trolls blows. two in the open could get just as ugly as one in a tight space
    "any of you mages good with fire?" he asked

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan laughed at the story, then stopped when he heard Rodmar say there were some trolls ahead. Khan stepped forward through the group. "No use for magic if we lop off their heads, ill go ahead if need be for the safety of the boy" Khan said throwing out a suggestion.

sticfigur

The Khajiit Brawler
    "Khan and I could go ahead and take them out." said J'marco adding a suggestion.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    "You want a distraction how about this" Khan said rushing forward unsheathing his battle axe and pulling out a empty bottle of mead. As he got closer he threw the bottle hitting one in the head making it fall down in pain. Khan then rushed up to the one on right who was still turning around and bashed him in the head with the handle of his battle axe dazing him.

"Well you going to join in on the fun?" Khan said dodging the trolls attack.

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    "Just like an Orc," Levi said, a little distain ringing in his words. He turned in one motion and swept up Tobias into his arms. "This will be no place for a boy. The three of you, go join Khan in the fray we've started; I'm taking Tobias through the woods and around this mess."

He glanced up the road at the grunting Orc, who seemed to have taken on more than he could handle alone. "Cragslane Cavern is not far ahead. Once you've had your victory you all are to meet me there..." he paused for a moment, then added "Good luck." And with that, Levi stepped off the road into the trees and was gone.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan dodged the first trolls swing he then turned sensing the other and bashed it with the the end of the handle. "ha your going to have to do better than that" Khan said laughing enjoying the thrill. While the other was still dazed from the hit to the head Khan swung and hit the other troll at the back of the knee chopping it off.

The troll stumbled backward roaring out in pain and dropped to the ground. That's when another came from the trees running after Khan tackling him to the ground. Khan had dropped his battle axe and it skid just from reach. He then grabbed hands with the troll struggling for power. "Uhh anybody care to get this lump off of me?" Khan said dodging the trolls tries at biting his face.

SolitudeScribe

Ljúfa joined the fray, of course but stood a considerable distance until one of the Trolls attempted to gnaw Khan's face off. She unhooked a steel sword from her belt, left palm spraying the Troll's back with a wave of fire. Fortunately, the furry thing separated the roaring flames from Khan, but his face can easily feel the heat.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan could feel the heat from the flames and could smell the roasted flesh of the troll as it burnt. As the troll let go because of the pain Khan was able to grab his battle axe and lop off the trolls head. Khan pushed the trolls body off. Getting up he looked over at the other troll who had regained conciseness and was starting to get back up.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    the point Rodmars sword suddenly appered out of the front of the trolls neck and the beast fell to the ground with a loud thump.
    "you know, khan, there is something to be said for stealth. these are not people, you dont have to face them in honourable battle"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts