things that get overlooked

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
inbox me i guess

sticky runes

I don't know if this counts, but have you noticed the way the buckles on the Imperial armour become stretched with the character's movements? Even right at the beginning of the game, when the female captain kicks the prisoner's body from the chopping block, you'll notice the details on her skirt stretching in weird shapes. Or if you start digging in an ore vein while wearing Imperial armour, you might notice some weird distortions.

Twiffle

The ants on the log in Riverwood.

They way a Dragon lights up on the map when capturing his soul, ,, and also that the map is actually showing live events.

there are lots, ill think of some more later.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Just yesterday I discovered a Flawless Emerald near Riverwood.... that surprised me.

And the falling pine needles/dust motes, etc that drift through the air are really nice. It might not seem like all that much, but it adds a sense of visual depth. It's a nice detail that was added.

Wildroses

The goat in one of the farms outside of Windhelm has a collar and bell around it's neck.

I discovered this after killing it, which made me feel like a bit of a jerk. I thought I was killing a wild goat, not somebody's pet. :oops:

khazan99

I noticed the solitude sewer covers design...if you focus on it you will see the glorious symbol...it's a sun wheel let's put it that way

When it's quiet and you stand near them, I'm pretty sure you can hear water trickling from down below as well.

I always wondered if there was a way into the sewers, like if it is part of a quest or something, since they are rather prominent and unique to Solitude.

sticky runes

When it's quiet and you stand near them, I'm pretty sure you can hear water trickling from down below as well.

I always wondered if there was a way into the sewers, like if it is part of a quest or something, since they are rather prominent and unique to Solitude.

I always assumed that's where we end up going to do the wolf queen reawakened quest - you go through the temple and through a watery passage and into the nordic ruins...

Actually, the wells in some towns seem to be situated above places, like the Falkreath prison, where the werewolf escapes through the well, and the Rat way in Riften (I think it's the area with the chopping block which is beneath the well in the market place)

khazan99

I always assumed that's where we end up going to do the wolf queen reawakened quest - you go through the temple and through a watery passage and into the nordic ruins...

Actually, the wells in some towns seem to be situated above places, like the Falkreath prison, where the werewolf escapes through the well, and the Rat way in Riften (I think it's the area with the chopping block which is beneath the well in the market place)

Wow that's interesting - I'm not familiar with that quest (yet) so I'll have to investigate that further. Thanks for the info!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Wow that's interesting - I'm not familiar with that quest (yet) so I'll have to investigate that further. Thanks for the info!
You'll enjoy it (I assume you mean the Wolfqueen stuff). Just remember to be well prepared! I wasn't and got slaughtered. There's a lot more to it than just the temple/sewer stuff though.

sticky runes

You'll enjoy it (I assume you mean the Wolfqueen stuff). Just remember to be well prepared! I wasn't and got slaughtered. There's a lot more to it than just the temple/sewer stuff though.

Yeah, you need some good undead repellent before going into Potema's catacombs. The priest does give you a turn undead spell if you talk with him before entering, but I got my ass kicked the first time I did that quest.

Oh, back on topic: If you plant glowing mushrooms in your garden, they do indeed light up at night!

It's not a strikingly awesome detail but I like to have my character just stand in a busy part of a town/city for the simple purpose of listening and watching everyone. It's neat to watch NPCs interact at the markets like in Windhelm (I think) where there's meat, jewelry, and armor stalls all next to each other. It poses some interesting dialogue when some random lady thinks she's being asked to pay too much...

Muart

Fus.. RO DAH!
Fire. goes. out. on. itself.

I'm done here.

Twiffle

When you are just standing you will notice that you actually sway slightly, also if you are in sneak mode and in 3rd person without anything equiped your hands move, as though you are tense or nervous. Dunno if its been said but while walking around the clouds cast shadows as they drift past

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
If you have PC and use tfc to wander around, you will notice your character will frown if near an enemy

sticky runes

When you are just standing you will notice that you actually sway slightly, also if you are in sneak mode and in 3rd person without anything equiped your hands move, as though you are tense or nervous.

and NPCs admire their weapons sometimes. For example, the guy who helps you kill the vampires in Morthal started stroking his axe blade while he was outside the cave waiting for me. And my followers sometimes fold their arms while I'm faffing around sharpening my weapons and stuff.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Windhelm's palace of the Kings has little plaques with names of past High Kings. The start of their reign and the end.

HARALD
REIGNED 1E 143 - 221
13th in the line of Ysgramor and
founder of the great Kingdom of
Skyrim, where he established fair
Windhelm as his capital.

OLAF ONE-EYE
REIGNED 1E 420 - 452
Subdued the foul dragon Numinex,
reunited Skyrim after the war of
Succession, and conquered the
barbarous Reach.

WULFHARTH
OF ATMORA
REIGNED 1E 480 - 533
Ysmir, Shor's Tongue, Dragon of the
North and noble champion who
defeated the Direnni and cleaned
Skyrim of the Alessian heresy.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
When wandering, you may startle a flock of birds and you can see them fly off. Same with bats in caves.

I also like how you see salmon jumping up waterfalls. There are millions of things like this that make the game that much more awesome.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts