The Imperials kind of missed a trick

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
xenophobic is a term used by the weak and sensitive, illogical and unintelligent. it's a term meant to dictate the rules of argument.

Do you even know what you're saying? Seriously, Xenophobic is a term used to describe imbeciles who have an intense and irrational fear of foreigners.
the word has been trivialized and misused to the point of worthlessness. much the same as the term, homophobic.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
ulfric cares for his country. his people.

This is seriously the most ignorant thing you've said yet, Ulfric killed fellow Nords in Markarth, and half of Windhelm is a slum because of his racist attitude.
he was betrayed by the imperials and cyrodiil. he was forced to adhere to idolatry and immorality.

He betrayed the Empire, Skyrim was always part of the Empire and was always loyal to the Empire until Ulfric came into the picture.
he fought for the legitimate ideals of the past and altered his course in supreme wisdom.

evil will not dictate his life.

Ideals of the past? Altered his course in supreme wisdom? What does that even mean?! The Ideals of the past were vicious, cruel and barbaric acts of slavery and injustice.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
what are you talking about? this dishonor rationale with the use of the thu'um is ridiculous.
do we need to see the writ of honor for the high king challenge?

man vs. man, but, oh no, we can't be doing any of that thu'um stuff. that's too powerful for my puny personage.

I don't think you've noticed, but the Thu'um gives the power to tear people apart, set them on fire, freeze them solid, call lightning and summon dragons.

Oh but's it's okay to bring into a supposed "honorable" duel.

KritikalPT

what are you talking about? this dishonor rationale with the use of the thu'um is ridiculous.
do we need to see the writ of honor for the high king challenge?

man vs. man, but, oh no, we can't be doing any of that thu'um stuff. that's too powerful for my puny personage.

Honestly, I find it simple why it's treated as a dishonored act.

Challenging anyone to a duel means more than just being able to kill the guy in front of you. It also means that you've held your honor in being able to beat him in a fair duel. Because of it's traditional value, it's man vs man, each with a weapon on hand and may the best man win. Using a Shout was pretty much a cheap shot that caused Torygg not only the fight, but his life. Sure enough, Ulfric had a reason for using it, which was to prove how weak he was, and he was, to a point, delivering him a message.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Honestly, I find it simple why it's treated as a dishonored act.

Challenging anyone to a duel means more than just being able to kill the guy in front of you. It also means that you've held your honor in being able to beat him in a fair duel. Because of it's traditional value, it's man vs man, each with a weapon on hand and may the best man win. Using a Shout was pretty much a cheap shot that caused Torygg not only the fight, but his life. Sure enough, Ulfric had a reason for using it, which was to prove how weak he was, and he was, to a point, delivering him a message.

I'd hardly consider Torygg weak in the moral sense, he was very, very young though, so physically, he lacked the experience Jarl Ulfric had.

osheao

Ulfric believes in, and fights for, Ulfric.

then, you didn't listen to or disregarded ulfric during his down time.
his cause is just. his motivations perfect.

his ego during and after the challenge have no impact on his initial reasoning.

at least, for those with the ability to do so.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
then, you didn't listen to or disregarded ulfric during his down time.
his cause is just. his motivations perfect.

his ego during and after the challenge have no impact on his initial reasoning.

at least, for those with the ability to do so.

You ignore the fact he's a power hungry, greedy politician

You ignore the fact he killed innocent men, women and children

You ignore the fact he tortured people to find the enemy

You ignore the fact he's racist, and wants Skyrim for the Nords

You ignore the fact he's an asset to the Thalmor

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
lol!

torygg's inexperience and youth matter not.

torygg's betrayel to skyrim does.

Now you're just ignoring the majority of the points because they simply go right over your head. He didn't betray Skyrim at all, Ulfric betrayed the Empire, Skyrim was always part of the Empire. It may be hard to imagine for Ulfric, seeing as how Skyrim was pretty much untouched during the Great War, but the atrocities, the death and destruction forced the Emperor to sign the concordant. Otherwise, there would be no Empire, no Skyrim, only Thalmor expansion into Tamriel.

osheao

You ignore the fact he's a power hungry, greedy politician

You ignore the fact he killed innocent men, women and children

You ignore the fact he tortured people to find the enemy

You ignore the fact he's racist, and wants Skyrim for the Nords

You ignore the fact he's an asset to the Thalmor

seriously? or, just foolin?

the imperials killed innocents. the imperials tortured.

the nords have all the rights granted to them by their gods to want skyrim for themselves. racism is for the mentally weak.

the thalmor and the empire are a weakness for skyrim.

Xivia4

Does it not bug anyone else that despite the fact that we've seen that the Dragonborn can walk into the Palace of Kings clad in full Imperial armour, walk up to Ulfric and chat with him, they haven't had him assassinated?
There would be no honour in doing the above. Also, the Stormcloaks would be even more enraged by this and the war would get worse.

KritikalPT

the nords have all the rights granted to them by their gods to want skyrim for themselves. racism is for the mentally weak.

Just because the Imperials killed and tortured, doesn't give Ulfric the right to do so.

All he's doing is weakening Skyrim with the civil war. The Thalmor are quite happy that this is going on, as it was their intended plan. The Empire doesn't like the fact that they had to ban the worship of Talos, of all the other Gods, but they had to agree, and don't you forget that the Stormcloaks are random Joes and Janes who don't like the Thalmor. They don't have the experience, discipline and numbers that the Empire has.

If Ulfric manages to become High King, the Empire will be severely weakened and in no shape to defeat the Thalmor-

osheao

Just because the Imperials killed and tortured, doesn't give Ulfric the right to do so.

All he's doing is weakening Skyrim with the civil war. The Thalmor are quite happy that this is going on, as it was their intended plan. The Empire doesn't like the fact that they had to ban the worship of Talos, of all the other Gods, but they had to agree, and don't you forget that the Stormcloaks are random Joes and Janes who don't like the Thalmor. They don't have the experience, discipline and numbers that the Empire has.

If Ulfric manages to become High King, the Empire will be severely weakened and in no shape to defeat the Thalmor-

i might be mistaken, but, his transgressions were from the past, right?

lol! ulfric is strengthening skyrim to her previous and rightful glory! the empire chose the path of cowardice and immorality.

when ulfric becomes high king, skyrim, will govern herself and eliminate immorality.

the imperials chose to side with evil, weakness and corruption.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead

Sources and examples, I want them.

Ulfric is mentally weak then.

And the Thalmor will stay because Ulfric will fight the only force with the power to stop them.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
i might be mistaken, but, his transgressions were from the past, right?

lol! ulfric is strengthening skyrim to her previous and rightful glory! the empire chose the path of cowardice and immorality.

when ulfric becomes high king, skyrim, will govern herself and eliminate immorality.

the imperials chose to side with evil, weakness and corruption.

You do realize that Skyrim would be immediately steamrolled after the Civil War by the Thalmor right? The Empire made a choice to surrender because if they didn't, there wouldn't be a Skyrim to fight over, every former citizen of the Empire that's now dead because they were too stubborn to cut their losses would be enslaved, tortured and forced under Thalmor rule.

>Still hasn't said anything about Ulfric, who's apparently the good guy here, killing innocent men, women and children.

osheao

do i need to cite the slaughter of innocents and brutalities of the imperials?

i think not. lol.

mental weakness is the path of immorality and evil.

the thalmor will see justice.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
do i need to cite the slaughter of innocents and brutalities of the imperials?

i think not. lol.

mental weakness is the path of immorality and evil.

the thalmor will see justice.

Yes, you're pretty much saying "I think we both know I'm right here, evidence is for chumps."

Mental weakness? What? The Thalmor won't be seeing anything except scores of Nord warriors fleeing from certain death by magic if the Empire isn't there to help them.

osheao

the thalmor haven't been my concern, ever.

they are unrighteous tyrants that can not overcome the land of skyrim through cowardice, bribery, numbers or "strength."

the thalmor are...irrelevant in my rationale.

KritikalPT

I bet you'll start thinking differently once the Thalmor are killing everyone after the Stormcloaks take over Skyrim and the Empire is severely crippled.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
the thalmor haven't been my concern, ever.

they are unrighteous tyrants that can not overcome the land of skyrim through cowardice, bribery, numbers or "strength."

the thalmor are...irrelevant in my rationale.
I get the feeling you don't know what you're talking about...