OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Yeah, I think it's alright. I do really like a few of the tracks, the opening with SZA is good, Tree of Life is great, and the last track might be my favorite. But to me, most of the album is pretty meh. It's definitely not as good as Control System, and I think it kinda sucks how Ab-Soul has gone from rapping about really out-there stuff like conspiracies and pineal glands and nibiru to making (imo) a more accessible and dumbed-down album.

Also, speaking of hip hop, I went to a small concert last saturday. Not sure if any of you have heard of Bones, Xavier Wulf or Chris Travis but they were all there. They're not very popular, and the kind of hip hop they make is really alternative and different. Cool stuff.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I liked it. I didn't listen to Control System, but honestly the third eye stuff turns me off a bit. I wasn't as into some of the more trap-influenced stuff on there (Hunnid Stax, Dub Sac, and Nevermind That being the exceptions) and some of the more out-there songs are hard to listen to (Ride Slow, even though I love Danny Brown) but I think it really killed it on the jazzy/soul (hah) songs like Just Have Fun and Feeling It (and Kendrick #rekt his interlude). And then to close with like 20 minutes of battle-rap? It's not the GOAT, maybe, but I liked it.

Also, did you hear Cocaine Piñata by Freddie Gibbs?

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    I like the third eye stuff because to me it set him apart, although admittedly when I first heard about him and checked out the stuff on Control System I was a bit turned off by it all. But once I actually sat down and listened to the lyricism and wordplay, I ended up really liking it.

Yeah, Madlib's production on that album is as you'd expect: great. But tbh I'm not really fond of Freddie Gibbs, the whole thug/tough guy in the hood spiel got old fast, and there really wasn't a lot to his lyrics and flow that set him apart. My favorite track off Pinata is probably either Pinata or Thuggin, imo those two songs are Madlib's best work on the album.

Also, you know Childish Gambino and Chance are working on an EP together? I'm pretty excited for that, as well as Kendrick's new album coming out later this year.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I really like Freddie for his smooth flow mostly, it really melds with the Madlib beats. Plus I don't put too much stock in his gangsta image (it's storytelling, and that's the thing with Gibbs or Q or Jay Rock) but sometimes he can get real, like on Deeper. Plus he can drop some pure gold lines ("like I slipped on a banana peel and fell in that pussy").

And yep, I heard about that EP. New Chanbino, new Kendrick, plus Run the Jewels 2 is on the way (El-P and Killer Mike doing the equivalent of Watch The Throne), Kanye's working on his new album, Tha Carter V will feature Lil Wayne no longer burnt out on syrup, and it shouldn't be too long before we hear from Hov (did you hear him on that World Cup related Beats commercial? Straight fire)

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Damn, Run the Jewels 2 is coming out? I had no idea. I really liked the first, and I'm into Killer Mike's individual stuff, R.A.P. music is too nice. Although I do need to look into more of El-P's stuff, even though to me Killer Mike really stood out more on Run the Jewels. Is Kanye making a legit album though? I was hearing rumors of him coming out with some EP where he was just going to rant non-stop for 3 hours about himself and his beliefs.

I don't really know about Wayne though, the tracks he's released thus far for the Carter V have been (to me) some ish. With the exception of that track with Tyga that just came out, and that's the sort of music I just label as "ignant" and listen to ironically. I heard the commercial with Jay-Z, and I thought the track was decent. Reminded me of Why I Love You which was my favorite track from Watch The Throne.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Some of the tracks have been iffy, but I think D'usse and the one with Drake are promising. Also, Kanye is working on a legit album, but all we knownis that he's making it in Florence right now. Also, on the topic of Why I Love You, that song should've been longer. It captured the feel and theme of the album the most I think, and speaking of WTT, we need WTT2 already.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Also, are you gonna get in on the Grander Adventure soon? I need someone to reply to, because until Aerin posts again I can't do anything really.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Haven't heard D'usse, but if the track with Drake you're talking about is Believe Me than yeah I think that's a decent song.

I'll try and get a post up tonight, I think I'm just gonna skip writing up a legit CC for now and just get to posting with the character I'm planning on using.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Hey guys, hope everyone had a nice 4th (including Aerin, we'll share some of our freedom with you) and remembers we have a RP going on

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    FREEDOM FOR EVERYONE

3c1fea9f58abec5c81e3229e86a8ea9920140318103422.jpg

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Sorry I disappeared for a few days after saying I would try and get a post up, I had to make an unexpected trip for Merica day. I'll try and whip something up soon.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Whip it! Yeah whip it good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Happy belated Independence day guys! Honestly no hard feelings from me because despite having been born and bred in England, both my parents are actually from the colonies so I view July the 4th as something to aspire to.

Although what you did to all that tea was disgraceful. Such a waste of a perfectly good (if overtaxed) beverage.

Also sorry I've not replied. I've become slightly ambitious with my post...which would be fine if I hadn't been so busy over the past week (hey there promotion). But good news! I'm off tomorrow because I'm horribly horribly ill with super flu, so I may be able to rouse myself awake long enough to post. Sorry to keep you waiting Smooth :oops:

Yeah. I've really got into Steven Erikson's Malazan Books of the Fallen series and I've blasted through 3 books in as many months and he's really inspired my orc character. I may be taking a few liberties with orc social structure but I feel that my implied beliefs will be justified within the canon orc social attitude.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I'll reply soon, Aerin. I was reading over Unpleasant Memories, and damn, that was a depressing RP. Garrus is grizzled and drunk, Farth is drunk, Elsa is cynical, Pilus is a serial killer, Tacitus and Arana were having some problems of their own, Jadier was a dick... What a basket-case of a cast.