The Female, Male Demographic of Skyrim Players

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
pix_plz.png

OMG Girlz Don't Exist on teh Intarweb!!!!1 by Whitney Butts

Things are a bit better since Whitney Butts wrote this article about her real life experiences as a woman playing WoW but guys still act in all sorts of inappropriate ways to women they discover in a venue they assume is all or mostly male. I've gotten my fair share of inappropriate requests for pictures and received my fair share of unsolicited and unwanted pictures of male genitals. Whitney's article shows another aspect where your very identity is challenged and sometimes accompanied by hostility that no man would ever have to endure in the same environment.

I play video games because they appeal to my inner nerd. Initially it was only traditional game console type games (FPS and arcade type games) but I got into RPG type games when a friend showed me some video episodes for a sci fi MMOG called Anarchy Online in which she was one of the voice actors. The idea of a game with such an interesting storyline piqued my curiosity and they had a free trial membership so I got the game and ever since then I've been hooked on RPG games with an interesting storyline and rich deep lore.

Nerdy Girls are a gift from God.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Yes, I'm a chick. Yes, I play video games...not quite enough to be considered a gamer, really, but I do play them. And I do occasionally pop into the FPS genre and shoot off some bullets in CoD with my brother and his friends. Sure, I get the occasional grotesque comment, but I let them roll off my back. Taking it personal and getting all bent out of shape only gives them the attention they want. Completely ignoring them, I have found gets them to treat me with a little more respect after a while. Although I gotta give them props for letting me play with them in the first place, cause I'm REALLY bad lol. But I usually won't go in without a party so that I don't wind up the topic of "hey baby, got a pic?" from people I don't know - and if I get a message like that, I will typically tell them "no," (which isn't a lie, I actually don't have any on my Xbox) and if they become a pain (haven't had that happen yet, thank the gods), I let the boys take care of it.

As for Skyrim...my boyfriend got it for me as an early Christmas present. He knew that I loved playing Oblivion, and given that we had only been dating for a few months at the time, he figured it was a fail-safe gift to get me, lol. He goes to school a long assed ways away, so playing it is kinda like being close to him - except when he is here, I lose it cause the jackass commandeers my Xbox and spends all his time playing it lol. But I love it cause I really really love dragons. I wish I could make one a pet. You know, like a little one. Instead of that stupid mudcrab my kid brought home...

MyNameIsJon

I have a question for you lady's, why are you interested in Skyrim so much?

I am not a lady, but I know ladies like to play dress-up. There are a lot of outfits you can download with mods along with makeup, hairstyles, you name it. You can make your character look any way you want, even how big your pores are.

A lot of women like that sort of thing, heck even I like it. I dress up my female NPCs in all the latest outfits from the Nexus. I like a woman who dresses up, even if she does have dirt on her face.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
I am not a lady, but I know ladies like to play dress-up. There are a lot of outfits you can download with mods along with makeup, hairstyles, you name it. You can make your character look any way you want, even how big your pores are.

A lot of women like that sort of thing, heck even I like it. I dress up my female NPCs in all the latest outfits from the Nexus. I like a women who dresses up, even if she does have dirt on her face.

Maybe that's a minor aspect, but I'm sure they got the game to slay dragons, conquer Skyrim and fight like a badass as well. Just like everybody else.

Why does there have to be any particular reason for Girls to like the game? They can't have the same interest as us because they are the opposite sex?

OrexxerO

Why does there have to be any particular reason for Girls to like the game? They can't have the sameinterest as us because they are the opposite sex?

There doesn't have to be a specific reason. But I was curious as to why they did play because sometimes yes, according to sex, people have different interests in sometimes the same things. For example, (and this is only a example) I may love the music of a particular band, so may my girlfriend, but she may also love how hot the lead singer is or something....Thats not always the case, but I was just interested in this. I have a sister who's two years younger then me, and shes not interested in gaming at all, neither is most of the girls that I have grown up around in my life, so seeing so many on these forums, this thread seemed a fitting place to ask the question.

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
yea...I only know exactly 2 girls who play skyrim..the same 2 I know who have any interest in gaming. In high school there were a few more who played games but I moved out of state and have lost touch with a few of them. Many of the girls I know only like to shop, go out to eat, or go to bars or clubs. I bet if more girls just tried branching out, and didn't take themselves so seriously, they would enjoy many of the things they scoff at now, like video games..especially skyrim, as it is more female friendly than some out there, like others before me have stated =)
ps I'm not trying to judge other girls or lump them all in one group or say they're dumb. I'm just stating what I've observed in people I know

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Women get more likes from males here if they have their pic as their avatar. You don't even have to make sense and you will be liked. Such a strange society we live in.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Unlike MMO's, Skyrim is a game where a female player can feel 100% safe from douchebags.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Wait that isn't you? I've been liking you cause I thought you were that sexy Imp. Which others seem to confuse with Imperial, though I always thought it meant the little fairy like demon.
LOL I've done a pretty damn good job at establishing myself as the impish crazy lady around here :D

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
In this game she gets to eat the dumb bastard!

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
I used to have my pic as my avatar but changed it for the same reason as lady imp. I'm not being cocky, saying I'm so greatlooking that people will like only my posts for my pic, OR saying that girls who use their face as an avatar are just trying to get likes, I personally just would rather use something else for an avatar, that's just me =)

Docta Corvina

Women get more likes from males here if they have their pic as their avatar. You don't even have to make sense and you will be liked. Such a strange society we live in.

Really? I think my number of "likes" trends DOWN after I use my face as my avvie for a bit. Most of the time I've been here, I've used my Penelope as my avvie. Though Pen doesn't hurt for encouraging likes either. :p

kyleekay

That's why my pic isn't my avatar. I like to earn my likes.

:oops:

My photo is actually me, but I still feel like I "earn" my likes. I really don't feel this community is full of guys who are so shallow that they'd give me likes, etc, because they like my photo.

Docta Corvina

:oops:

My photo is actually me, but I still feel like I "earn" my likes. I really don't feel this community is full of guys who are so shallow that they'd give me likes, etc, because they like my photo.

Yeah, I have a bit more faith in people than that too. :confused:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts